• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,332 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 04:26 PM

I think her boss has some  " 'splaining to do".  It may seem like nothing to him, but she could have just as easily died as a result of his actions.

If she told him she was sick and needed to go, the medical bills also may be a subject for discussion.  

Tell Graham to have her sign NOTHING.

• olcowhand, Craig. and EricR have said thanks

#3347 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 06:11 PM

Wow, glad she's gonna recover!  Had to be scary for a bit.

• Craig. said thank you

#3348 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 12:14 PM

I agree with Alan.  I think her boss has some splaining to do as well.  Hope she has a quick recovery with no further complications.

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3349 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 05:46 PM

Well, it was Monday.

I was in bed early last night. I mean early as in 8pm. I was worn out for some reason.

sonogram.jpg

This morning I got up and Heath and I bumped around the house a while.

I had an appointment for a review of my disability at 12. The first letter I got said that it was in CHerryville, about 10 minutes away. I got  a new letter and it had the same doctors name on it so I didn't pay much attention to the address. It had been changed to LIncolnton. About 20 miles away. So I had to hurry.

I tossed Heath in some clothes, snagged some toys, grabbed teh PB&J he was eating and we ran out. He got dropped at a friends house and then I hurried to the address on the paper. IT was wrong. I looked it up online and it was one street off.

So I ran over to the right address. Just as I got there a guy was putting up a sign saying that the doc was out sick today. PBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

So, I went back and got Heath. I talked to Jess (the gal who was keeping him) a bit while Heath played with her daughter. Then I left and went up the hill to her father-in-laws house.

Tim and I chewed the fat a bit. I would up coming home with a little trailer made out of a big rubber tote. I have no idea what I will do with it.

I also looked at a wiring problem he had on a Ford van that he sold and then had to go reposess. The connector to the ignition module had shorted out. I got the specs so I could look it up when I got home.

I finally got home and sat a bit. My back is still unhappy.

Another friend stopped by when he saw the tote trailer. He wants it if I can't figure out what to do with it.

I came in and answered a text from Steph saying to put the rabbit in water at medium heat. I asked if she meant in teh crock pot or on the stove. She answered yes. GRTRRRR,

Finally she told me on the stove in the huge pot.

Now she is tied up in a meeting that I really don't understand why she has to attend since she is just doing student teaching right now.

The neighbor is doing better. She is out of ICU and in her own room. She should come home Thursday.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3350 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 06:50 PM

I came in and answered a text from Steph saying to put the rabbit in water at medium heat. I asked if she meant in teh crock pot or on the stove. She answered yes. GRTRRRR,

My wife answers me the same way. If I do that to her she gets so mad
  • Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3351 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 01:58 PM

We survived Thanksgiving.

sleep.jpg

We haven't done a whole lot. Steph has been off work since Thursday. 

Friday we went over and visited with Jenni and Graham a while. Jenni is doing much better. She is still weak, but improving. 

Last night I got nearly no sleep with my back hurting. I finally got out of bed about 6am or so. 

We went out to see about getting the exhaust put on Spooky. I am beginning to think this kit is for a different truck. I am determined to get it installed though. After several hours of twisting a positioning, installing the bumper, and twisting some more I think I have it as good as it is going to get. It is not  going to line up quite right with the catalytic converter. I think I can judge it though. I am still going to need about a 4 foot piece of pipe. 

IT started to rain on us so we ducked in the tent building to clean up tools a while. 

When we finally got inside I could barely walk. I managed to give Heath and I a shower with Stephs help. They left for the store. I am sitting on my massaging cushion. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3352 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 02:08 PM

I hope you get to feeling better!

#3353 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 06:22 PM

Woohoow we left the house today.

tire.jpg

Graham needed a tire put on his car. Since his wife isn't allowed to drive he took her car to work. 

After lunch (PB&J) we headed across the street and got the Kia and drove to Tony's tire shop. We were the only people there.

When we pulled in a guy who have never seen before came up to me and told me not to drive in the shop unless Tony told me to. I walked over to Tony and asked him who that was. He said it was the new mechanic. It turns out that last week a guy in a Semi came roaring in and nearly ran Tony over.  I asked if he got charged the idiot tax and he said yes. I, however, stopped and looked before I pulled in.

By the time we left Heath was filthy. He had brake dust and grease and dirt all over him. He had to help Tony put the tire back on the car and let the jack down. Both Tony and the Mechanic gave Heath change for the candy machines. He had two handfuls of M&M's and a handful of Skittles in his shirt pocket. 

Tony didn't charge me anything for mounting the tire so I took Grahams money and went to Wal-mart and snagged a loaf of bread and a bag of gummy bears. The grand total for Grahams tire was $6.

When we got back I sat on their porch and talked to Jeni. She is so weak that she was sagging in her chair after a hour. While we talked Heath took the little decorative fence pieces that Graham had taken down to mow and put them back up. She thought it was great.

Finally we got back home and I brought Heaths car seat in to adjust it. He is grown enough that it was pulling him down. 

I put Gunner on his chain and he started going bonkers after a while. I looked out and the escaped rabbit was in the back yard. I grabbed my .22 M Rifle and went out back. I took a shot. It seems that this summer when Jared was messing with it he screwed up the scope. 2 shots at 10 yards and I missed both. I put a round into the burn barrel to see where it was pointing and it is just a whisker high at 10 yards. I compensated the opposite direction with the second shot. I aimed a bit higher. 

Yes, I know I don't need a scope at that s short range, but the rifle has no front sight (I bought it that way) so the scope it is. 

As I was sitting here watching The Walking Dead Graham called and said the oil in his car smelled like gas. Not a good thing. Tomorrow he is going to bring it over and we are going to check it out. 

Steph's mom ordered us pizza for dinner. We are waiting on it to show up now. 

Good day. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3354 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 06:29 PM

I am glad to read a post of yours that didn't have the word pain in it.  I'm sure you do have pain every single day, but it must have been a much easier day pain wise, and that's a good thing!  :thumbs:   I had to do the same when I shot the groundhog the other day.  1st shot hit the dirt just high right of him, but he didn't flinch.  So I put another round in and aimed low left and nailed him.

Sounds like Heath is just like his Dad & helping out a neighbor!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3355 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 06:30 PM

Glad you haven't floated away! Sounds like Heath had a good day!

• Craig. said thank you

#3356 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 08:27 PM

I am glad to read a post of yours that didn't have the word pain in it.  I'm sure you do have pain every single day, but it must have been a much easier day pain wise, and that's a good thing!  :thumbs:   I had to do the same when I shot the groundhog the other day.  1st shot hit the dirt just high right of him, but he didn't flinch.  So I put another round in and aimed low left and nailed him.
  Sounds like Heath is just like his Dad & helping out a neighbor!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

It is super muddy here so no dirt flew. It has rained for 2 days.
  • olcowhand, esbbent and Craig. have said thanks

#3357 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,332 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted December 03, 2015 - 03:10 AM

We are changing back and forth between rain and snow for two days. Everyone's yard is snotty and slimy.

Glad you got out, must be a welcome change.

#3358 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted December 03, 2015 - 07:40 PM

May have to change my name.
download.jpg

Super tired didn't sleep well last night.

Got another shot at the rabbit today. Missed. Just call me Elmer.

I need somewhere to zero this scope in or need to get a front sight.
  • olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3359 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 03, 2015 - 09:01 PM

Or a sling shot!
  • KennyP said thank you

#3360 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted December 04, 2015 - 01:59 AM

HAHAHAHA, my family thinks I've lost it. All I can think about is U.W. Tiptoeing around his place singing "Kill da Wabbit, Kill da Wabbit"......
  • olcowhand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks