Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 08:49 PM

You wouldn't have a set of headlamps for a 95 Camry in the Kentucky Fried Tractor Shed? PS, nice work on the chisel. :thumbs:

Edited by larrybl, November 09, 2015 - 08:51 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#3332 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 06:18 PM

Beautiful day.

Steph had the day off for Veterans day.

free-starbucks.jpg

After getting dressed and filling the thermos with coffee I headed out to the shop.

More stuff got organized and cleaned and put away.

Then I decided I needed more sound in the shop so I dug through my pile of car stereos and found a nice JVC with an AUX input. I put a big set of speakers under my deak and hung smaller speakers on the back wall. We made a quick run to Wal-Mart and got an $8 antenna for it. That was the only cost involved in it. Now I can hook my tablet up and blast Nat King Cole to the neighbors.

IMG_20151111_170714313_HDR.jpg

While I was at Wal-Mart I grabbed a set of plastic bolts for the toilet seat. The bolt broke two years ago and I don't ever think to get one. I just happened to see the toilet seats (and I had the need for one) and I remembered the rodeo ride that was our toilet.

I put the antenna up on the top of the carport. Heath came up to visit me, but I didn't have my phone up there. He walked all over the roof of the shop.

Heath likes the shop

heat1.jpg

heat2.jpg

heat3.jpg

He played up there for a hour.

Finally I got the old super rusty machete that Steph used a few years ago and left stuck in a tree. I found it last year when a branch fell. It was rusty so I got the wire brush and some sand paper and got it a lot better.

At long last you can walk around and actually do work in the shop again.

IMG_20151111_170731928.jpg

IMG_20151111_170723790.jpg

Edited by UncleWillie, November 11, 2015 - 06:21 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#3333 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 03:12 PM

Ground is dry so time to get outside.

No one wanted to get up this morning. Not Heath, Gunner, or the adults.

Once we finally got moving

ouch.jpg

When I was sufficiently caffinated I got out to work on the truck. Steph was working in the house so I took the two way radio out with me in case I needed a second hand.

First I got the little TV Cable stud attached to the Throttle Body on Spooky. I had to grind the stud down a bit to get it to clear the manifold, but that was no problem. When I tried to attach it, however, my hands were too big. I grabbed a computer hard drive magnet off the shop desk and pried the magnet off the backing plate. I stuck the magnet on a wrench and then got everything attached.

When I started putting the cable on the transmission I had to call for help. I couldn't reach the transmission and the TBI at the same time. Maybe if my arms were 14 feet long and I had 6 elbows on each. I called Steph. We got it attached in no time.

When I started to put the y pipe on the exhaust. The passengers side went on easily. The drivers side fought me every step of the way. With the help of a tap and the impact wrench I got them on.

I then pulled the big box with the new exhaust out beside the truck. 

The exhaust was supposed to be complete from catalytic converter to tailpipe. It wasn't. After an hour of trying to wrestle the pipes myself my hands were killing me. I called Steph. After another hour of trying to put it on from muffler to tailpipe (and hitting everything under the truck) I decided to try it the other way. We started zip tying it to the frame to stop the wrestling.  In about 10 minutes we figured out that it was not complete. I am going to need about a 3 foot long section of 3 inch pipe to finish it. Throwing the instructions out was the turning point for figuring it out.

At that point I had to stop. My right hand is hurting so bad I can barely make a fist.

Maybe tomorrow.......

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3334 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 03:20 PM

Sorry the body doesn't want to help you get this task done! That's some large exhaust!

• Craig. said thank you

#3335 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 04:19 PM

Sorry the body doesn't want to help you get this task done! That's some large exhaust!

It should breathe well. The factory exhaust was three inch to the muffler and then 2 2 inch out. This is single 3 in and dual 3 out through a single chambered muffler. The neighbors will know when I am headed home. I like a truck that talks to me.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3336 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 04:54 PM

It is very hard to work on something with a 3 year old running around.

After a good night's sleep I was raring to go. Heath was not. It took him an hour to come out after I opened his door.

pbjcoffee.jpg

After some PB&J and Speed Racer  and truck repair...

fspooky.jpg

we got dressed. Heath needed shoes because the ground is still wet outside even though it hasn't rained in a week or more. I couldn't find a pair of shoes that he would keep on. espooky.jpg

After an exhaustive search I finally found a matching pair, and we went out.

I started working on the exhaust again. I soon realized that the Hitch had to be on the truck for me to get the pipes right. SO I got out my favorite lifting tool and put it on.

dspooky.jpg

I kept crawling under the truck trying to get the pipes right and having ot crawl back out to find Heath. Little devil kept disappearing. After an hour and many trips under and out I decided the bed had to go. It was dangling on the gantry crane over the frame.

Of course the crane wouldn't move. The casters would not rotate. I jacked the crane up and did some looking and found that one of the locks for the caster had engaged and was rusted in place. After some beating and banging and twisting I got it bent out of the way.

Then the Falcon was awakened from slumber.

cspooky.jpg

Finally room to work.

bspooky.jpg

Then I got my zip ties out and got it in place.

aspooky.jpg

After having to stop evern few minutes and find Heath it took me about 4 hours to get it all done. I am worn out and my hands are killing me.

We came in and immediately Heath wanted a PB&J. After getting him one I sat down at my desk. He came in and wanted Speed Racer. I told him I would be right there. He said, "I push the button," and ran off. About 3 seconds later I heard the theme song that is burned in my brain playing. The little fart has figured out how the DVD player works.

Maybe tomorrow I can get out and tinker more and try to get some measurements made as to how long a pipe I need to finish the exhaust.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3337 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 04:58 PM

I hope you use something better than the zip ties to keep it up there! Welcome to the joys of parenthood!

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3338 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,701 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 05:35 PM

I hear the same complaints from our son and daughters.  The can't get anything done because they are running after kids.  I just smile and as I walk away "AH payback is sweet!"

• Craig., KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#3339 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 07:52 PM

I hope you use something better than the zip ties to keep it up there! Welcome to the joys of parenthood!

I was thinking of using old coat hangers.

• Craig., KennyP and backwoods have said thanks

#3340 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,241 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 09:44 PM

You can use hose clamps and pop cans to seal it up too!
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3341 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 05:41 AM

I was thinking of using old coat hangers.

Those work pretty good. Or baling wire!

#3342 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 05:36 PM

Well no work going on.

It rained buckets on Thursday morning.

wet3.jpg

Heath and I did nothing till after his speech therapist left. HE actually talked to her.

We went outside to goof off and enjoy the sunshine.

I looked at the truck to see if it was possible to do any work.

wet1.jpg

NOPE.

I did spray bomb the trailer hitch. Looks sexy don't it.

wet2.jpg

Then I sat in a chair and watched Heath and Gunner tear around the yard while I read "Fork Tailed Devil". It is about a WWII P-38 pilot.

I do the Google rewards surveys on my phone and it gives me money to spend on Google play. I had enough for the book so I downloaded it for basically free. One word of advice if you use Google Rewards do not lie to it. They will ask questions for things that don't exist. The first survey you get will be if you visited a certain water park. The park does not exist.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#3343 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 07:02 PM

That receiver does look sexy lol

#3344 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 04:11 PM

Didn't even get to start with coffee today.

emergency.jpg

Yesterday I took all my second amendments out to the shop and cleaned them.

After supper we lounged around till 900 when we all got up and did the nightly house cleaning. At 930 we were watching Chuggington with Heath. At 10 he was in bed.

This morning at some time (I am not real sure when exactly) I got a text message. It was from my adopted son Graham. It said call me immediately when you get this. SO I did. His fiance, Jenni, did not make it home last night. She had been sick at work and asked to go home and her boss said no. She was severely dehydrated and got confused and lost on her way home. About 15 miles from home someone found her and called 911. She went to the hospital in renal failure and severe dehydration.

SO this morning I got dressed while Steph made coffee then I took Graham to get her car. Then we went top the hospital.

Jeni is a little gal, about 5 feet tall and maybe 90 pounds, but in the ICU bed she just looked impossibly tiny. They have her stabilized and aware of her surroundings. She kept telling me she was terrified that she couldn't find Graham. 

The doc said there was no damage, but it really could have been bad. We don't even know who found her. I have a buddy who is a deputy and I am going to try to get him to find out. There should be a record of it somewhere. We really want to thank him.

After sitting in a very uncomfortable chair for about a hour I left. My back was already sore and then on the way home I almost missed a turn, slammed on the brakes, and cranked CherryBerry hard left. MY back did not appreciate it - at all.

I staggered in the house and plopped myself on my massaging cushion while Steph and Heath went to TSC to get dog food.

Two guys came by looking for a truck toolbox. I had two and i gave them prices. They said they will be back.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#3345 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 04:24 PM

Glad they found her in time! Sounds like her Boss needs to understand her condition better!

• Craig. said thank you