• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 05:49 PM

Tell his speech therapist to bring candy.  Then she can hear him talk.  Well, at least one phrase.  :smilewink:

• KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3317 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 05:52 PM

Tell his speech therapist to bring candy. Then she can hear him talk. Well, at least one phrase. :smilewink:

LOL

#3318 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 07:02 PM

Tell his speech therapist to bring candy.  Then she can hear him talk.  Well, at least one phrase.  :smilewink:

Funny thing. A while back she said she was just going to sit and wait to see if he talked. He did. He said something about trucks and trains.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3319 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted November 02, 2015 - 12:17 AM

Just a piece of advice on your 88 if you are using a 700r4 hook up the shift down cable I learned that the hard way today

#3320 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 02, 2015 - 11:34 AM

Just a piece of advice on your 88 if you are using a 700r4 hook up the shift down cable I learned that the hard way today

Yeah it is kind of an important piece. The TV cable is destroyed so I need a new one. Fortunately they are cheap.

• Craig. said thank you

#3321 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted November 02, 2015 - 12:59 PM

Kudos to Steph!! Teaching takes more patience than I have.

#3322 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,665 posts

Posted November 04, 2015 - 02:35 AM

We seem to have lost a day...  

12065571_10207786365154120_8502408357369866759_n.jpg

#3323 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 04, 2015 - 02:13 PM

We seem to have lost a day...  

attachicon.gif12065571_10207786365154120_8502408357369866759_n.jpg

I am a lunatic with it too.

Not much going on.

Third-Wave-of-Coffee-426x259.jpg

We are engaged in World War Flea. I have no idea why the are proliferating so much this late in the year, but they are everywhere. Bad enough that they have woke me up. We have bathed and sprayed everything in the house. Tomorrow after Heath's speech Therapy I am bombing the house.

The little dog Steph brought home has to leave. She refuses to use her pee pads, she won't go outside, and she keeps pooping in Heath's bedroom floor. No one claimed her so if no one wants her she is going to the Shelter. I am tired of stepping in poop.

Other than that nothing but wetness. More rain and mud. Supposed to let up today and then just be gloomy for a few days.

The highlight of my day was finding the 1973 WWII movie Death Race on youtube. I saw it when I was a kid and have wanted to watch it again for many years.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3324 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 08:12 AM

The highlight of my day was finding the 1973 WWII movie Death Race on youtube. I saw it when I was a kid and have wanted to watch it again for many years.

That is a good movie, has Jeff Bridge's Father in it. 

#3325 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 08:29 AM

Willie,
Due to animals, kids friends, and location we have had WWFlea a couple of times. First time, we tried everything. Pesticides, lots of bad stuff, home remedies, even thought about burning the place down. I can't stand the little bastards on me and sleep is impossible when they are invading.
Here is a way to drastically reduce to eliminate them. And you can maniacally smile as its happening.

Go buy two boxes of 20 mule team borax and a bag of diatumatious earth. (Kind of a lime like product that you can find at TSC or lots of places like that. You do not need the expensive food grade version BTW... You won't be eating it or using it in makeup)

Mix one box borax with equal amount d. earth. Vacuum the heck out of the place, then sprinkle this all over. You don't need to make the place look like its been whitewashed, just get some everywhere. Get it liberally under stuff like couches, etc. We even put some under couch cushions, mattresses, under dressers and desks. Smooth floors, dust some along the mop board and that should be good enough.

They crawl on the d. earth and it basically causes microscopic holes in their body. The borax sucks the water from their bodies (I think it also dries up any eggs). They die horribly of dehydration. Stop smiling, it's not normal. :D

Wait a week, vacuum and repeat. You should be done.

This stuff is human safe. I don't mean ingest it, but kids crawling on it is no problem. I wouldn't suggest it if I wasn't self satisfied that it was OK.
  • olcowhand, DougT, Alc and 5 others have said thanks

#3326 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 08:57 PM

Bombs went off...bodies everywhere.

I spent the morning getting things ready for bombardment.

bomb.jpg

Heath spent the morning trying to undo all the things I was doing.

Finally all the unwrapped foods were stored in the refrigerator. Dishes were put in the dishwasher. Rabbits and rats were put on the front porch. Heath's room was searched for stray foods. (I am sure he still has a stash of something somewhere.) Gunners food was put out back. And I couldn't think of anything else to do.

The Speech therapist came and he actually talked to her a little. He didn't say what she wanted him to, but he named a bunch of colors.

Once she left Heath got buckled in his car seat, Gunner was on his chain, LilBit was put in the truck, and bug bombs were set off.

Then Heath and I headed to drop LilBit off at her new home. Hopefully they have better luck getting her to not pee on the carpet.

Then we rode up to Charlotte to get a load of buckets from a hotel where my neighbor works. They throw 5 gallon buckets away all the time. I have them saving them for me. He also had a shelf he wanted me to bring back.

Once that was done we stopped at Jack in the box for some food. Then we went to Ollie's to look around. I got a pair of reading glasses.

We finally got home around 430. The smell in the house was horrid. I opened up the doors and windows and let it air out. There were dead fleas everywhere. However. we are still finding live ones.

I had planned to use the Diatomaceous earth after we bombed. So Steph will be getting a bag tomorrow on her way home. I meant to tell her last night to get some and I forgot. It works wonders in the dog pen too.

I had not heard of MH81's idea of using Borax with it so we will try that too.

Since we had all the doors open Heath and I sat out on the back steps and enjoyed the fresh air. Steph had an interview for a teaching position so she didn't get home till about 630.

Graham came over to claim his shelf. He wants to put the DE in his house too so he is paying for half.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#3327 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 08:30 PM

Pretty good day.

I didn't get much sleep last night. I was a bit exhausted when I got up.

12195760_10204964364610551_8661253582589260929_n.jpg

Heath and I were watching something online and Gunner started going nuts. His speech therapist had arrived. I never say her pull in.

She had some tiny stickers and a book of pictures. Iver time Heath identified a picture he got to put a sticker on it. He liked that. She told me that she was dumbfounded at how many words he said.  He was supposed to identify 10 things. He identified almost everything in the book.

Then we did nothing the rest of the day. I was so tired I couldn't think.

Steph picked up a 50 pound bag of DE on her way home and we have covered the house with it. IT looks like the aftermath of a volcanic eruption right now. IN a couple days we will vacuum and give it a much lighter coating.

Gunner has been much better behaved without Lilbit here. He has stayed calm and didn't want to go out every 5 minutes.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3328 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 08, 2015 - 11:06 PM

IT had to be done. I mean HAD to be done.

I was a bit slow getting moving this morning. Back has not been happy.

6x7-Janitor_bin_Laden.jpg

The shop was in total disarray. I literally looked like something exploded in there.

With my thermos, a handful of cigars, and my tablet to play Third Rock from the Sun on Netflix I got out there and got to swinging. it was so bad I wasn't even sure where to start.

IMG_20151108_143215230.jpg

IMG_20151108_143219004.jpg

IMG_20151108_143223908.jpg

IMG_20151108_143230390.jpg

I finally decided to start with the small desk. It took me about an hour to dig through that.

I had a company come to visit.

12191718_10153842291194739_6727814503293464819_n.jpg

I also found a bunch of tools that an old guy made. I got a bunch of boxes from his shop when his kids were cleaning it out. Some of them I know what they were for and some I have no clue. Like this...

IMG_20151108_185409777.jpg

IMG_20151108_185414320.jpg

IMG_20151108_185418596.jpg

IMG_20151108_185431312.jpg

Graham came over with a leaky valve stem on his car. I put a new valve in it and it quit leaking.

Heath came out to visit and played with all the odd stuff I found. He thought it was neat.

I have two coffee cans full of washers, a box of misc small engine parts, enough huge bolts to build an army out of, and a bunch of hammers that I found. If anyone needs 40 hammers I have them.

By the time I was finished in the shop my back was in knots. I didn't take any pictures. I will try to shuffle back out tomorrow for pics.

I still have to clean out the tool boxes but at least I can see the floor now.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3329 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 05:25 AM

Looks like something to screw in a plug hole to stop an engine from turning over.

• Alc and Bmerf have said thanks

#3330 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 08:22 PM

Rainy days and Mondays.

This morning I woke up to a deluge.

After I got Heath a pancake and got my coffee going I waded out to find a set of Chevy Lumina headlights that a guy emailed about and was coming to get.  I nearly drowned before I found them in the Kentucky Fried Tractor Shed.

Back inside I had my first cup.

ch7.jpg

After the guy came and gave me $50 I decided I needed something to do. When I cleaned the shop yesterday I found a very abused Stanley 1 inch wood chisel. It looked like someone did masonry work with it.

After an hour of work on the stone I had this.

ch2.jpg

Then an hour later I had this

ch3.jpg

Then another 30 minutes or so I just had this one nasty spot on the back.

ch4.jpg

Finally another hour or so and I had this

ch5.jpg

After a little work it was razor sharp. Now I need something to use it on

Heath kept coming in and trying to sharpen the little screwdriver you see in the pictures. He did exactly what I did.

He did find new headgear

ch1.jpg

Edited by UncleWillie, November 09, 2015 - 08:25 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks