• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 07:16 AM

That bumper is a bit nicer than the old one!  I never trusted those bumpers for real pulling.  The receiver is a nice addition.

• Craig. said thank you

#3302 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 02:32 PM

That bumper is a bit nicer than the old one!  I never trusted those bumpers for real pulling.  The receiver is a nice addition.

The old bumper was actually bowed outward from pulling a truck out of the mud. I backed it into a phone pole a few times to get it back sort of in line. It was knackered for sure. The receiver will be a nice addition. It will also put some extra weight on the rear end so it will handle better.  The truck is an odd mix of lowered in the front and stock in the rear. With about 200 pounds in the bed it is like a slot car. I can actually leave a lot of lower end sports cars in curves with a 2.8l pickup. It is a riot.

• olcowhand, Craig., backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#3303 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 22, 2015 - 06:29 PM

We had to get outside today.

This morning our regular routine of coffee, PB&J, juice, and speed racer was kept up. Then I did my usual online stuff and watched a few of the videos of the Benghazi hearings.

ccpatch.png

After hobbling around with a sore back for a couple of days I was a bit stir crazy. We had to get out of the house no matter how bad it hurt.

So we went to the mailbox - Heath's new favorite outing. Then I sat in my chair in the back yard and read everything. He played with the jack and his car again, but I could tell he wasn't having fun. He just kept looking at me like he wanted to do something else. So we did.

I fired up the Hemorrhoid and hooked his Cozy Coupe to it and we went off. I guess we rode around for a hour. The jerk neighbor sat out on his porch and gave me disapproving looks every time we came past. Heath was having too much fun for me to care.

I finally got tired of driving around in circles. He seemed to be energized then so he went tearing off around the yard.

I had two old AC units on my work table that had been there for a couple of weeks. I decided to tear them apart. Heath decided to help. I was fun. I would loosen screws and he would take them out. Then he decided to try and reassemble the pieces. It was funny to watch. Sorry no videos my hands were too slimy to hold the phone.

While we were tearing them down Steph got home and went in to change. She came out and asked what she could do. I told her the tools needed to be organized. SO she went off to do that. Heath ran back and forth between us.

It finally got too dark to fool around any more so we all came in. Steph cooked some delicious chicken and vegetables and baked potatoes.

I watched more Benghazi videos. Interesting to say the least.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3304 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,395 Thanks
  • 1,532 posts

Posted October 22, 2015 - 07:17 PM

A receiver hitch and 7-way plug was mandatory when I was looking for a truck, the only thing I did to my tow package was add a brake controller(the previous owner kept the old one). 

#3305 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 23, 2015 - 06:33 PM

Moving slightly faster than a glacier.

I got very little sleep last night because my back was killing me.

When I made it back to Heath's room I found him eating an apple. The kid has a stash of food in there somewhere.

We had waffles and I went to sit. No comfortable position anywhere.

JD_Morning.png

This afternoon we went outside. I needed to get the AC unit pieces on the trailer. It only took me 2 hours. First I had to get the trailer hooked to the Hemorrhoid. Since the trailer has no jack and it fell off the jack I put it on I had to get it off the ground. This required me to carry the Hi-lift jack to the trailer and jack it up. I found the other jack bent under the trailer. I got Heath away from it and then hopped on the Hemorrhoid.

And it was dead. So I ran in and got the jump box. Just as I got back to the tractor the trailer fell off the Hi lift. Dang it.

I backed the tractor over and pulled the hydro release. Then I had to find another old wind up jack to get the trailer off the now captured Hi-Lift.

Once I had the trailer up on two jacks I grabbed the Hemorrhoid and pulled it under the coupler. I hit the lever to reverse the Hi-lift and the trailer fell. Fortunately it fell on the ball.

After an hour I finally pulled the trailer over to the pile. Heath and I loaded everything up and I pulled the trailer back to its resting spot. I took precautions against it rolling any at all and then jacked it up off the tractor. SO far it is still sitting there. I am sure it will fall during the night.

Then Heath pulled his car over behind the tractor. He wanted a ride. So we rode around the yard. The bouncing did not help my spine any.

When I couldn't take it any more I shut it down and sat in my chair.  After a while Heath informed me he needed another PB&J (his second for the day - third meal). We came in and made him one.

Now I am sitting in my chair waiting for someone to come shoot me and put me out of my misery.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3306 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted October 23, 2015 - 06:50 PM

I like your choice of coffee today!

#3307 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted October 23, 2015 - 07:14 PM

Jack coffee is great although I have a hard time finding it up my way.
  • KennyP said thank you

#3308 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 23, 2015 - 11:52 PM

I like your choice of coffee today!

I would like to try some
  • KennyP said thank you

#3309 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted October 24, 2015 - 07:23 AM

Hope the trailer stayed put and your back is better.

BTW, the last picture of Heath is getting me to thinking that they must be putting growth hormones in peanut butter...

#3310 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 25, 2015 - 02:50 AM

Well I was going to sleep.

ready.jpg

Today or well yesterday  we got a good bit done.

We are all finally kicking this sinus crud. Heath and I were inside watching westerns and Steph went out to slaughter chickens.

After a while Heath wanted to go outside too. He let me know this by going and getting clothes. Once he and I were both properly attired we went out.

Steph had 3 rabbits slaughtered. The others are still small. In a couple of weeks she will do a few more. If she can ever figure out how to preserve the hides she can make me a new wardrobe. I am more adept at eating rabbits than saving their apparel.

There have been a few jobs outside that we have been avoiding. Me mostly because I can't bend, and Steph because she has been in school. Today it was time to do them.

The rabbit cage area used to be our work area. It still had some evidence of its previous usage. I had 3 truck tool boxes that various things we found in junk cars got tossed in, some ratchet straps, several throw away car jacks, a couple of taillights that I have been looking for and a bunch of other stuff.

That got all cleaned up and moved.

Then there was a pile of stuff accumulated beside Steph's building. It was tires and a few misc tractor parts (two 5 gallon buckets of candles!?!?!?) and then a bunch of junk that wandered over there somehow. In the midst of it there was a little 4x4 trailer that I completely forgot we had. I went to get the Hemorrhoid to hook to it and of course it was dead. Steph grabbed the jump box and soon it was running, the trailer was attached, and stuff was put on it.

Once that stuff was put away and the area was cleaned up we moved all the trash barrels next to that building where they are out of sight and smell. And all Heath's toys got moved over closer the tent building in hopes it might keep him over that direction.

Then I sat on the tailgate of Christine. Heath had to join me. Then Steph joined me and we all sat a while.

Steph went in and made some sandwiches while Heath and I checked the mail. Then we sat out back and ate them.

My back finally said it was time to come in so I did.

Later on Heath fell asleep on the couch. He was worn out.

Steph and I went to bed at 11. She is in there snoring like some kind of monster. I laid there and tossed and turned till about 230 and said forget it. I may doze off later. Who knows.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3311 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:11 PM

It has been a slow week.

We are still trying to find our stride with me staying at home with Heath while Steph is gone. It is getting better.

Slow-Coffee-205x300.jpg

The daily routine is wake up.

Clean up Lilbits pee pad.

Release Heath from captivity.

Put one of Stephs precooked waffles in the microwave. Make coffee. Take waffle out of microwave. Grab pizza cutter (something I figured out that is easier on my arthritic thumbs) slice 1/3 of waffle into small pieces and put on small plate.  Apply syrup.

Pour one glass of juice, one glass of milk. Give heath juice.

Heath retrieves my thermos from office and turns on the computer.

I finally get coffee, milk, and waffle to my desk.

I turn on Speed Racer for Heath.

After we eat Heath helps me count out my medicine.

A load of laundry is washed.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are eaten.

After the mail runs we make a trek to the box. Heath has learned to look both ways before standing in front of the box.

If the weather is nice we stay outside till Steph gets home. If not we come in and hold Matchbox car races.

Yesterday Heath and I took the load of scrap off. My disability check needed a little help being stretched. So we took the load down and got the tiny amount that is being paid now. Since China is now selling the stockpiles of metal they have to India the US price is in the crapper.  For 1100 pounds of steel and about 200 lbs of misc non ferrous I got $55.

ON the way home we stopped at the store and got stuff for hamburgers. Then we stopped at my buddy Tim's house and talked to him a bit. Heath was all over the place checking out tractors and cars and everything else he had.

I got home and made burgers. The best I have ever had.

I took good lean beef and added on egg, light salt, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and minced garlic. Then made good thick patties. Cooked them medium well.

In a separate pan I sauteed a Vidalia onion and mushrooms separately.

Patties went on a potato bun topped with Swiss cheese, then added mushrooms and onions. No further condiments were needed. Oh my were they good.

Then we all laid on the couch and watched TV.

And to brag on Steph a bit. She had an evaluation this week. The guy said her teaching skills were ahead of the other students. She did a risky project with her kids (all special needs) and it was great. They got rowdy a couple of times and she got them back under control easily. She has had 3 job interviews so far. Hopefully she lands on nearby. IT will almost triple our income. We wont know how to act.

Edited by UncleWillie, October 31, 2015 - 03:37 PM.

• olcowhand, larrybl, MH81 and 5 others have said thanks

#3312 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 03:00 PM

I certainly hope Steph lands a job soon!  I know you guys could sure use the income.  Burgers sound great....but what is "light sale"?  :smilewink:

• HDWildBill said thank you

#3313 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 03:57 PM

I certainly hope Steph lands a job soon!  I know you guys could sure use the income.  Burgers sound great....but what is "light sale"?  :smilewink:

It has fewer calories than a regular sale.

We got a tiny bit done on the 88 today.

We were going to be up early today. IT didn't happen.

After we were all fed and I had been..

Powered-By-Coffee.jpg

We headed outside to work on Spooky.

The tarp that was over the engine was no longer covering the transmission fill tube ( dipstick is broken have to get a new one) so I had some concerns that the trans had water in it. So the pan had to come back off. Steph started on that and immediately the little Harbor Freight mini air ratchet locked up. I took it apart and it looks just fine, it just won't work. I go through about one a year any how.

So we got the pan off. Found just a couple of drops of water. Then put it back on.

I was hunting for the torque wrench when I got a phone call about some tractor news I am very excited about. I will wait till I have full permission and it is time to...

let the cat out.png

We got the transmission cross member back in and then emptied all the stuff out of the bed of the 88. I tried to move the gantry crane over with the Falcon and it refused to budge. A judicious application of Marvel Mystery Oil on the casters and some well placed whacks with a mallet and it decided to come along with me.

We maneuvered it into position and then lifted the bed up. The old busted exhaust came off and the new one was dragged outside from where it has been residing in the living room.

Steph started to put the drive shaft back in and it refused to go. It would not slide up on the tail shaft. After carefully checking the splines it shot it with MMO and then it went in with some light tapping. Finally something to cross off the list.

Then I started looking for the exhaust doughnuts. And I looked. And I looked. I am guessing Heath is starting a  collection. The one I did find was for the Suburban. So the new exhaust couldn't go on today.

At that point it was time to stop. My hands were hurting.

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain so nothing will likely get done then.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3314 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 04:48 PM

I hope Steph finds something to help you through these times. At least you and Heath have some good times together!

• Craig. said thank you

#3315 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 05:38 PM

I have officially done nothing today but drink coffee and work crossword puzzles. Good day.

enjoyyourcoffee1.jpg

Last night we took Heath to a Trunk or treat at a local church. It was fun. He wasn't sure what was going on till he realized they were putting candy in his bag. Then he got into it.

haaaaethasaurusrex.jpg

They had free hot dogs too so we ate supper there. He kept wanting his candy to I told him he had to take 2 more bites of his hot dog. He took two huge bites at once. How he choked it down is beyond me.

His candy is locked in our bedroom. He keeps coming the door and saying trick or treat over and over. It is pretty funny.

I figure that as much as he got we can stretch it out for a several weeks.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks