Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Adventures Of My New Hat

• Please log in to reply
4318 replies to this topic

#3271 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 09:48 AM

I always loved watching the wheels up take offs!  Trouble is if the plane settles down a bit you can find your self skidding down the runway. 

• UncleWillie said thank you

#3272 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted September 30, 2015 - 11:04 AM

I always loved watching the wheels up take offs!  Trouble is if the plane settles down a bit you can find your self skidding down the runway. 

That was a low flyby. No word on if the photographer had a new haircut after that.

• Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#3273 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 08:32 PM

Interesting day.

Last night the hurricane rolled in on us. I finally got some sleep. I haven't had much lately.

I got up this morning and Steph was not in the bed. I vaguely remember hearing her truck leave.

I made my way to the kitchen and found there was no coffee pot in the coffee maker. I looked in the dishwasher and no pot. I looked in the trash can - bingo. A shattered pot. I figured she had left to get a new one so I would have to wait for coffee.

broken-coffee-mug-24467055.jpg

I also found a plate of sugar on the stove covered in ants.

(Steph has started sleep walking. I may have to tie her to the bed.)

I looked down the hall and Heaths bedroom door was still locked. I opened it and he was watching his tablet. The first words he said were peanut butter and jelly. SO I made him a sandwich and gave him a glass of milk. He devoured both.

Steph came home with a universal carafe. It didn't fit the Bunn. I don't' know exactly how she made coffee, but she did. Then she and Heath went to get an actual Bunn  pot.

At Wal-Mart she said there was an old guy in a wheel chair. Heath was fascinated by it, but he behaved. The guy gave him a dollar for being good. HE bought a matchbox car - he only has 400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 already. LOL

I didn't go outside to see if we had any storm damage. I know there was flooding not too far south of us.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3274 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 09:34 PM

LOL on matchbox car!

#3275 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted October 03, 2015 - 10:09 PM

Stay dry and safe.

#3276 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 05:38 AM

I hope you don't have any damage from the weather out there. Sounds like you folks are getting a lot of rain down there.

#3277 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 07:06 AM

Hope your staying safe an dry down there an hopefully the heavy winds miss you location so you avoid damage.

#3278 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 09:51 AM

Still treading water?

#3279 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 07:44 PM

Finally got out to do some stuff today.

This morning Heath and I got up and got moving around.

coffee_monster.jpg

After all the rain I was happy to let the sun dry things up a little more before we went out.

I told Heath we had to go to work and he grabbed his safety equipment.

12122627_10153779684639739_2260861921809306511_n.jpg

At noon we headed over to a friends house to get some scrap metal. We stopped on the way to get some drinks and chips. I also had to put air in Christine's tires. I was having a terrible time driving her straight. Three tires had 20 pounds and one had 47. I don't know what gauge Steph used to air them up a couple days ago.

We got loaded up and headed back home.

More stuff got loaded up on Christine. Heath was loading too. He tossed in his scooter, a couple of 2x4s, some plastic stuff - not a single thing metal. LOL.

I was backing the truck and trailer up and all of a sudden I heard a thump and things stopped. I had not clue what I had hit till I got out. The Falcon was in a bad spot. Totally my fault. It moved it about 2 feet. I didn't see any damage to it so I drove around it and went around to load up some other stuff.

I got down to a couple of big things and stopped. I wasn't about to try to lift them by myself then not be able to watch Heath the rest of the day.

We came in and had PB&J and watched TV.

Steph got home and changed into work clothes and we got two big window AC units put up on the work bench where I can get them apart tomorrow. Then we moved the big green trailer with CHerryBerry and I hopped on the Falcon.

It was listing hard to Starboard. When I hit it I pushed the rear tire off the bead and it was flat. So it got aired up and then I tried again. After sitting there like an idiot winding on the starter for about 30 seconds I remembered the fuel was shut off. Finally it started and I got to mowing.

I found my little mini torch. It was in the tall grass. I was a bit surprised it didn't blow up when I mowed over it. As it was there was just a shower of orange pieces. The grass shot up to about a foot tall with all this rain we have had.

After I mowed the trailers parking spot Steph backed it back in. I mowed half the front yard then we hooked a chain to the BLueOx and pulled her back with the Falcon so I could mow where she sat.

Just as it was getting too dark to see I finished up the front yard.

I found lots of limbs all over the yard, the back of the tent building blown out, and the popup canopy in need of a few repairs but not major storm damage.

Now I have to get the back yard tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails

• 12088530_10153779684489739_2881314741972897066_n.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig., backwoods and 2 others have said thanks

#3280 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 08:03 PM

Glad to hear the weather didn't affect you guys in a really bad way.  So many weren't so fortunate.

• MH81 said thank you

#3281 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 08, 2015 - 01:58 PM

Well yesterday.

I woke up early to get more stuff loaded up for the scrap yard run. Before I got out of bed I got to wondering what the prices were like. I went online and looked. $3/100 pounds. I had about 600 pounds. Not worth my time.

Well since I was awake.

src.jpg

Heath and I played and goofed off. Reid came by to drop off this work of art.

sr2.jpg

sr3.jpg

He left with a skate board and an electric motor. He also told me what he needed me to bring him to get the motor mounted on the Bush Hog correctly.

Steph finally got home and we all went out.

The Idiot neighbor had mowed his yard. I mowed the property line yesterday. He left a 3 inch strip of grass uncut. I am going to leave it and see how silly he gets. It would be hilarious if we had a 3 inch wide jungle.

We did lots of moving and shuffling and rearranging and then I got to mowing the back yard. It is amazing how tall it grew in just a short amount of time from all the rain we had. I had to mow in 4th gear to keep it cutting. At one point a stick knocked the blade belt off and I had to crawl under it to fix that. Then it refused to come out of neutral. Oddly enough rolling it backwards did the trick.

While I was mowing I had this thought.

It was getting pretty dark by the time I finished up. I came in sore and tired.

This morning Steph left at 630. I woke up but stayed in bed. I nodded back off and woke up at 8.

Heath was still asleep.

I felt like I had been beaten with a sock full of quarters. So I haven't done much today. I might hobble out in a bit to unload Christine. I might not.

I did do a load of laundry and picked up Heaths bedroom. I think he likes the toyless floor.

sr1.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3282 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 11, 2015 - 10:51 AM

Ahhhhh alone time.

9718-Coffee-And-Solitude.jpg

Friday Steph went out of town to go to Myrtle Beach with her mom. SO it has just been me and the animals.

30 minutes after she left she called and said her AC died. I told her she could come back or go on without it. She went on.

Yesterday a monsoon set in. When I swam out to feed the outdoor things Gunner had a ball running around in the rain.

They come home today. No telling what all her mom has sent her back with.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3283 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted October 11, 2015 - 01:40 PM

Glad you didn't float away from all the rain down there!

• Craig. said thank you

#3284 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted October 11, 2015 - 09:39 PM

Glad you didn't float away from all the rain down there!

I was wondering if the pic was his cup on the back deck looking out over the yard?

• Craig. said thank you

#3285 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 05:34 AM

Just read you link ,

While I was mowing I had this thought.

Don't know how you found that but there is more sense in that then a most church  sermons .