• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 03:33 PM

Sounds busy enough to me! Glad Heath is ok. I put fuel shutoff valves on ALL gasoline engines and religiously turn off the fuel when shutting off.
  • Craig. said thank you

#3197 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 03:41 PM

Sounds busy enough to me! Glad Heath is ok. I put fuel shutoff valves on ALL gasoline engines and religiously turn off the fuel when shutting off.

What is that about fuel shutoffs?

• Craig. said thank you

#3198 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 04:47 PM

What is that about fuel shutoffs?

Speaking about your Falcon's oil being diluted with gas. The fuel valve stops the fuel from filling the block while shut off, but won't help when running if it's a mechanical pump. Even tractors with no fuel pump will fill the oil with fuel if the float needle doesn't seal, sending fuel down the intake, then leaking past the rings.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3199 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 05:47 PM

Speaking about your Falcon's oil being diluted with gas. The fuel valve stops the fuel from filling the block while shut off, but won't help when running if it's a mechanical pump. Even tractors with no fuel pump will fill the oil with fuel if the float needle doesn't seal, sending fuel down the intake, then leaking past the rings.

Ah. I see. somehow the Falcon is the only thing on the property that does not have a shut off on it. Odd that I just now realized that. Guess I will have to rectify that whenever the monsoon stops.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3200 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 12:05 AM

Glad the injury wasn't worse... Bet that lesson sticks with him.

#3201 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 07:40 PM

So a name is due for the Blazer.. What must it be??

#3202 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 07:42 PM

So a name is due for the Blazer.. What must it be??

He's already named it "CherryBerry".

• UncleWillie said thank you

#3203 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 08:00 PM

Sorry.. I obviously missed that thread.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#3204 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 08:02 PM

I think the Hemorrhoid is contagious.

Steph didn't have to go to school today so I got to do some stuff.

big-coffee-cup-man-drinking-hose-14585395.jpg

I went out and changed the blades on the Falcon then headed across the street to mow Graham's yard. After about 30 minutes the Falcon started to bog down. I thought it was out of gas so I shut it down and grabbed his can and filled it up. It started right up and I made about a quarter of a lap and she shut down. I tried to restart it and the battery died. Of course it was at the bottom of the hill where there is no way to get a truck to it.

I walked back across the street and told Steph I was going to get gas for the Hemorrhoid and I left.

At the gas station a little old lady pulled up behind me and was watching every thing I did. I was curious about it because there were 4 open pumps. She finally got out and asked me to show her how to use the pumps because she had no idea. After I filled up i moved and came back to make sure she figured it out.

Back at home I put gas in the Hemorrhoid and hooked it to the jump box. IT didn't start. It wasn't getting fuel. I tried to pull the line off the fuel pump and heard a snap. The stinking thing broke. I tried to plastic weld it like I did last time and it was no good. I finally gave up.

Back over at Grahams with the jump box the Falcon started up. It never did run right but I managed to get his yard mowed. I think the carb has swallowed something it didn't like. Or maybe I have been parking it too close to the Hemorrhoid.

I came in and sat down a while. His yard is anything but flat. It took its toll on my spine.

Steph ran to the store and she came back and told me the AC only worked sporadically on CherryBerry. I finally got up and went out to look at it. The compressor was running and it was blowing hot air big time.

I tinkered with it and finally decided to pull a vacuum on it and start over. So I did.

The compressor was not coming on at all even with 2 cans of 134a in it. I bypassed the high side pressure switch and it came on. I will leave it bypassed for now. When I get everything back out to charge Spookys AC I will fix it right.

I just got a call from Jared's mom that his flight is due in at 1130pm tomorrow night. I think she dies that kind of stuff on purpose. Oh well at least he won't be in AZ any more.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3205 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 12:50 AM

Just got home from picking Jared up at the airport. Details to follow.
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#3206 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 02:09 PM

Late night last night.

We didn't do a lot most of the day because it was threatening to rain all day.

53e9c06b25084de281c02f64767f2254-flight-coffee-barista-flipper.jpg

Steph really wanted to go to the airport to meet Jared so we decided to go do some stuff kill time.

At 7 we finally left the house and drove down to the Passion Grill to put a serious dent in the crawfish population.  Heath did serious damage to the Gummy Bear numbers.

gummy1.jpg gummy.jpg

Then we wandered through some stores until about 1045.

CherryBerry was thirsty so we stopped at a gas station.

When we got there a guy was attempting to jump start a mangled Saab with his Honda. I ignored them and went in to pay. Inside they were saying terrible things about the girl in the Saab. I figured it was none of my business and went out to pump.

The guy had no luck jumping the Saab. He didn't have his car started so I don't know if he even had it hooked up right. He left and the gal walked over and asked if I could give her a ride to Lowell. SHe looked like  a hooker so my first instinct was to say no.

I finished pumping and noticed she had rolled the Saab back to a parking spot and was walking off crying. I asked if she was walking home and she said yes. A guy was just killed walking in the dark on the same stretch of road so I told her we would give her a ride.

Steph got in the back seat with Heath. The gal had bought groceries so we swapped all them over. I got a good look at the car. It looked like it had been in a demolition derby - and lost. Not a straight body panel, all the lights were busted, and pieces were hanging off all over.

Fortunately she lived close by. We dropped her off and offloaded all her groceries and headed up to the airport.

Steph wanted to park on the very top of the parking deck so we did.

We got int eh terminal and checked the board. There were two flights due in from the same airport he was flying out of. One was and hour later than the other. I texted his mom and asked for his flight number. Fortunately his was the earlier one.

We sat down and two CMPD officers walked over. They completely ignored everyone so I knew they were up to something.

A drink guy came and got a bag off the carousel and started going through it. Then a woman walked up and started trying to get stuff out of it. Voices were raised and the cops said if they touched one more time they were both going to jail.

From what we could piece together from the bystanders whispering the guy got drunk on the plane then said he was going to drive home from the airport. His wife told him he wasn't - aaaaaand that's when the fight broke out.

Once that was all over and they left in taxis and not handcuffs we waited.

As we sat there I got a text from Jared that he was leaving Chicago - it was sent 2 hours before.

People trickled in and out and we sat. I got a text about 15 minutes later saying he was on the ground in Charlotte.

45 minutes later he came down the escalator. I have no idea what took so long to get to the gate.

We waited for his bag to come down. It never did. A woman walked up and said a cart of luggage had been left at Chicago Midway and we all needed to go upstairs to teh Southwest desk to file for lost luggage. We took off before she was finished talking. Nearly 100 people were behind us. We were second in line.

After the paperwork was done we headed home.

It was about 430 when I finally drifted off to sleep.

Now I have to take Jared to his grandmothers house.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3207 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 02:59 PM

Wow, what an evening.
Glad you all are home safe and sound
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#3208 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,230 Thanks
  • 5,071 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 09:34 AM

Air travel is always an adventure!

#3209 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 07:07 PM

Not happy with Southwest airlines.

This morning I got to sleep in (this will be important later on so pay attention). Steph slipped off to school and Heath and I slumbered on till about 9.

coffee_-_angry.gif

I woke up and I had a text from Southwest that Jared's bag has been delivered. I was a bit confused since it was supposed to be sent Fed-ex next day to his grandmothers. I looked out on the porch and saw nothing so I went about my day.

About an hour later I started getting calls from Jared's grandmother and his mom asking where the bag was since it was delivered. I looked on the porch again and nothing. I walked outside and found this.

southwest.jpg

I was not happy at all. That is all his brand new school clothes his mom bought him. The cord is to his electric razor.

I got on the phone with Southwest and was told they would call me back.

Jared's grandmother told me he had missed school to day so I contacted him to find out what happened. He had no clothes. His regular clothes are in transit from AZ by Fed_ex. it was cheaper than taking them on the plane.  (not quite sure why he took everything with him, when he visits here he barely brings clean socks) so he only had the clothes he flew here in. He said that he washed them last night and they were still not dry (Grand mother has no dryer). He was drying them with a hair dryer when the bus came. Once his clothes were dry everyone was gone and he had no way to get there.

So Heath and I saddled up and headed down to Shelby. We stopped at BoJangle's for seasoned fries. They took forever. At least 20 minutes to get 4 cars through the drivethru. I was not happy.

We finally got on the road and got behind some old guy who drive 15 below the speed limit. After about 10 miles he finally pulled off.

I accelerated to the speed limit and Christine made a rattling Jangling noise and something went pinging across the road and the mystery clank in the truck ceased. From the sound of it I am guessing it was a 3/8 extension. You know you have dropped a lot of tools when you can identify the sound of a tool at 45 MPH. I caught a fleeting glance of chrome disappearing into the weeds in the mirror.

I got to Steph's school and handed the bag off to her. Then she set off on her leg of the relay while I went back to see if I could find the escaped tool.

I looked where it fell out but never saw anything. At least the clank is gone. We searched all over for the noise and found no reason for it. I have no idea where that thing could have been hung up where it could swing back and forth.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#3210 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 07:48 PM