• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 05:50 PM

Cut the stripe down in width/height. That may be real good.

• Craig. said thank you

#3152 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 09:28 PM

Lilbits probably stoved her leg. My little Pomeranian used to run with the big dogs and he'd get run over. Then he'd limp around a day or two and then be fine.

I'm with Kenny tone down the width. Not feeling the orange rims. Not sure what rims you are going with but orange pin stripping around the edge or around them.
  • Craig. said thank you

#3153 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 25, 2015 - 09:07 AM

Yeaaaaaaa internet is back up.

Thursday night I spent some time getting more things on the engine. I came in about 1am.

Yesterday my hand was hurting so I did nothing. The internet went out at some point. I used my phone but the keypad is too tiny for my banana fingers.

AT&T came out this morning and fixed it.

Going to a birthday party for a 2 year old soon. At least there will be some cute moms there.

Now I have to go through a days worth of emails.

inbox.jpg

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3154 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 09:04 PM

Sweating like a woman of ill repute in a house of worship.

This morning we were all awakened by someone beating on the door. I peeked out the window and saw it was no one I was interested in waking up for so I went back to bed. They will be back probably tomorrow. I fully expected them to come back this afternoon.

SO I laid in bed for about an hour then got up. I guess 5 hours was enough.

the_best_things_in_life_make_you_sweaty_mug-rae145a1571aa48d7ac40a1500076eb0b_x7jsg_8byvr_324.jpg

Heath decided he was hungry and made his own peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

11751863_10153609306929739_29012850105078914_n.jpg

11811419_10153609305954739_8348290349866703934_n.jpg

He almost got some PB&J on it.

After messing around a bit we got dressed and went out in to the humidity. You would think that in a drought it would be a bit drier outside. You would be wrong.

With all the stuff that has happened in my work area - tree falling in it, cleaning it up, erecting a tent, etc. there are a few bolts missing. We had to do some digging to come up with them.

I put the non smogged exhaust manifolds on the engine then realized they would not work because they were different. The new engine - non smog- came out of a van. I never realized how different the exhaust was.

After more putting things on and figuring things out we came in. I am probably going to try to drop the engine in tomorrow. That is how close I am.

At 5 we came in. It was starting to rain. I was drenched.

I stripped out of my wet clothes in the hall.

Steph cooked dinner.

After we ate there was a knock at the door. I grabbed my robe and went out. No need to receive visitors in my boxers. A former neighbor was looking for some truck parts and a riding mower. I had neither.

As he and I talked we saw a little Blazer pulling a trailer come down the road slowly. It stopped a few times then pulled in my driveway. The old guy driving it had a little SImplicity he wanted to sell. I didn't have any money. He left it anyway. He said he will come back later to get paid for it. I guess I look trust worthy.

The rear end appears to be locked up. I couldn't find a release for the hydro. Steph brought the Falcon up and pulled it till she got to where she didn't have enough traction. She got off and I got on. And away I went.

He said he had a couple of other riders he would part with. I got the former neighbor to talk to him and he followed the old guy home.

I am going to go out in a bit and see if the paint on the other manifold is dry and put it on.

Pics and other stuff in the link below.

Edited by UncleWillie, July 27, 2015 - 09:11 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3155 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 09:27 PM

Engine is looking good. I took the opportunity to add fresh paint to the Onan's tins to cover up some scratched while waiting on the oil pan gasket.

• Craig. said thank you

#3156 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 06:42 PM

Not sleeping finally caught up with me again.

I was back outside tinkering with the engine last night.

Want-Sexy-Thighs-Coffee-is-the-Secret-2.jpg

I have no idea what time I went to sleep last night, but it was late. Or early. I woke up at 2pm. Wow.

I was thinking hard about going out to  get things ready to drop the engine in and all of a sudden the rain that didn't happen yesterday happened. I mean it happened big time.

11822394_10153612760069739_8435390966628482028_n.jpg

it came down for about an hour and a half. I may go out to get things ready to drop the engine in. Not sure though.

#3157 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 07:59 PM

Engine looks good! Nice job!!

#3158 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 09:30 PM

Wow its really coming along!
  • Craig. said thank you

#3159 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 28, 2015 - 10:10 PM

Wow its really coming along!

I wish it was moving under its own power. We got everything done to it tonight that we can so. Now it just needs to go in the truck.

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#3160 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 06:49 PM

Woohooooo. Things are going together.

I was up when the sun rose this morning. Or should I say I was still up when the sun rose. So I slept in a bit.

hot_coffee_220705.jpg

I got up and hopped in the shower and left for a doctors appointment.

When I got there they said the appointment was tomorrow. I looked at my watch and sure enough today is the 29th. Heath played with my tablet and changed the date. So I wasted some time that I could have been working.

I sent Steph a text and told her I was headed home and then I headed that way.

We got the tent cleaned out and the tools organized. I fired up the Falcon and moved the engine out into the daylight. Then we picked it up with the engine crane.

Then I spent some time repairing the pop up canopy that got mangled in the last storm.

I had bought some pieces of aluminum to repair it with and that aluminum was supposed to be in the metal box in my shop. Ti wasn't there. Steph was the one that put it up. I was slightly frustrated with her not putting things where they belonged and told her I would be inside when she found it.

When I came in I found Heath had climbed up in the top of the closet and got the Aloe Vera gel. He was coating Gunner and LilBits with it. He got his butt popped. He has been told to leave that alone. I think he may have gotten the message this time. Oddly enough the dogs seemed to enjoy it. The gel, not the but popping.

About 45 minutes later she found it. I have no idea where.

After the canopy was fixed it was stuck in front of the tent. No way to work on the truck with it in the tent. Not enough room.

Steph unhooked the crane from the Falcon and I used the falcon to push the gantry crane out of the way.

Then Spooky got rolled in to position.

I went ahead and pulled the grill off to keep it from getting broken. I found the AC condenser is in terrible shape. I will replace it. Easy enough on that truck.

I bolted the flywheel on the engine, put the torque converter in, and then with some wrestling and pushing the engine went into place. The motor mount bolts got stuck in but not tightened, and the crane was disconnected and moved out of the way.

We closed up the tent, lowered the canopy and came in. I was drenched in sweat. I stripped in the hall and there is a puddle around my clothes.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3161 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted July 29, 2015 - 07:03 PM

Glad the truck is nearer to completion, and that you should finally have AC.  Sweltering without it these days.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3162 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 05:25 AM

I don't think I could drink my coffee next to her

Attached Thumbnails

• post-10399-0-65302700-1438213739_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alc, July 30, 2015 - 05:25 AM.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3163 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 03:37 PM

I don't think I could drink my coffee next to her

She is a bit distracting. It was one of the first images I found under hot coffee.

Edited by UncleWillie, July 30, 2015 - 07:21 PM.

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#3164 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 30, 2015 - 09:18 PM

Another hot one.

I was going to get up early and work on the truck before my doctors appointment. When I was still up at 5am that plan changed.

Eventually Heath came in to visit me and there was no more sleeping.

Self-Service-Coffee-Pot-Robot--40014.jpg

I headed off to my doctors appointment and had a good laugh with the receptionist about actually showing up when I had an appointment.

Doc said the hand looked good and gave me a couple of things to watch out for.

I headed home and Steph and I got outside and got some stuff done.

Buddy was supposed to bring his truck for me to work on. I specifically told him not to screw around and to get here.Last night I told him I would be home by 4.

While we waited we moved the engine crane out of the way. Picked up the stuff in the back yard that couldn't be mowed over.

Heath and I cut down the maple tree that has threatened to take over the back of the house. He was buck naked, but helped me cut every piece down and then carried them to the trailer by himself.

He even attacked a vine by himself.

arborist.JPG

Then I hopped on the Falcon and mowed the few areas where the grass has actually grown. It was about knee high over the septic tank and leech field.

Steph and Heath took the Hemorrhoid and the trailer and took stuff down to the burn pile.

When I finished mowing I looked around for where she parked the Hemorrhoid. I didn't' see it anywhere. She came out and old me it ran out of gas down the hill. So we got a chain and I turned the key on the Falcon. No joy. I thought it was out of gas too so we took Christine down the hill and pulled the Hemorrhoid back up.

I looked at the Falcon and saw gas in the fuel filter so I looked in the tank. Almost full. No fiddling with the choke or throttle would get it to start. I filled the carb with SeaFoam and left it.

We got out the little Mantis tiller and played with it. I got it to run a little, but it wouldn't stay running. I will tinker with it tomorrow.

Finally at 730 Buddy showed up. I gave him a good chewing on for wasting my time.

After doing some diagnosing on his truck I couldn't figure out why his tail lights weren't working. I had Steph pull the tail lights off the BlueOx and tried them. They worked. I told him he could borrow them to get his inspection done then when he gets new circuit boards I will swap them back over.

Tomorrow I am supposed to take his van to the transmission shop. Hopefully I don't have to wait all day for him to make up his mind.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3165 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 02:52 PM

That is one nice sturdy little boy. Kudos.
  • Craig. said thank you