• Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 10:38 PM

You could paint a jack-o-lantern face on the front... :D
  • Craig. said thank you

#3137 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 10:18 AM

I'm doing this '88 Sportster up in black and orange, HD colors.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#3138 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 11:11 AM

mine will be closer to the engine colors not the HD burnt orange

• Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#3139 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 08:56 PM

Good day.

I got a good nights sleep for a change and was up at 8am.

105666-Sunny-Day-Coffee.gif

I didn't see the sense in going out and getting greasy and sweaty and then going to my PT appointment, so I goofed off till noon. 

My brother was working less than a mile from the shooting in Chattanooga. He said it was pretty intense.

I watched the news a bit  then grabbed a shower then left.

I left in plenty of time to get there. I stopped on the way and got $10 in gas and 2 hotdogs and a fountain drink for $1.99. I ate while I gassed the truck then headed to PT.

They had me do the strength test again. My left hand (non dominant) was 127 pounds. The right was 107.  On The pinch test I kept pegging the meter so we don't know what it was. Not bad at all for post op. They said it was way above average for people who come through there.

They discharged me and I went over to the docs office. They told me I didn't have an appointment today. Heath played with my tablet and managed to change things on my calendar. Oh well it was only about 1/8 mile from the PT office.

Grady had called me earlier and asked me if I knew anyone who could install a stereo on short notice. I told him I could. So when I left Gastonia I sent him a text that he could come at any time.

I took a back road on the way home to avoid traffic. I got to one intersection where I usually turn left and they police had it blocked off. Right behind the patrol cars was a huge hole in the fence. About 30 feet below the fence is the river. I hope no one was hurt too badly.

I had no idea how to get home going the other way. I followed the road and after about 10 miles things looked familiar. I found my way back with no GPS.

Gunner and Lilbits mauled me when I got home. I nearly died of terminal licking.

Grady showed up and we went out. He bought an off brand double din stereo/dvd/anything else you can hook to it. They told him on the phone it would fit his truck. What they meant is it would fit in the hole. It didn't come with any kind of mount.

Steph left to get a mount. Autozone said they had one. They didn't. I called Wal-Mart and was put on hold 3 times and hung up on once. She went on by and found the mount.

When she got home i realized it would not fit without some modifications. So out came the grinder and the files. After taking about 1/4 off each side and 1/16th off the top and bottom it fit the stereo. Then I had to notch the top corners to get it to fit the dash.  I used the grinder for the big parts then cleaned it all up with the files. It took about and hour and a half to get it to fit.

While I was filing Grady's wife called. During the conversation she asked if they could not have installed it themselves. He laughed and said he would have had no idea how to modify a mount.

Finally it fit. I soldered and heat shrunk the wiring and we turned it on. The faceplate/monitor would not come down like it should. I had to do a little adjusting to get it to work It was binding up on the mount.

Finally he was happy and we had music blasting in the back yard. I got Lilbits out of his truck. Steph got the tire chocks that Heath put behind Grady's tires and Grady headed home.

I am glad I had those hotdogs because we are just now eating dinner.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3140 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,938 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted July 16, 2015 - 09:18 PM

Lets see.... I can get $10.00 of gas in the car in about 45 seconds. "got $10 in gas and 2 hotdogs and a fountain drink for $1.99. I ate while I gassed the truck" Not sure I could inhale 2 dogs and a soda in that time.

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3141 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted July 17, 2015 - 11:35 AM

Lets see.... I can get $10.00 of gas in the car in about 45 seconds. "got $10 in gas and 2 hotdogs and a fountain drink for $1.99. I ate while I gassed the truck" Not sure I could inhale 2 dogs and a soda in that time.

Not to mention the possibility of getting 10 in gas, 2 hot dogs and a drink for only 1.99. sounds like a real deal!! :D

• Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#3142 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted July 17, 2015 - 05:43 PM

I thought that sounded like a good deal
  • Craig. said thank you

#3143 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted July 18, 2015 - 05:18 PM

Not a whole lot got done the past two days.

mrcoffee.jpg

Yesterday I took it easy until I left to mow Grady's yard after Steph got back from shopping.

Today I have done nothing at all except go outside before it stormed and take down the pop up canopy. It threatened to storm for a hour or so then it let loose.

I am getting ready to leave to go get the girls for the final time this summer . They are leaving for AZ on the 20th.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3144 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted July 19, 2015 - 06:40 AM

That was a great deal for a $1.99!

#3145 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted July 21, 2015 - 05:12 PM

I realllly hate someone making me waste my time.

This morning I got a text from my buddy that he was going to run some errands, and would be at his house in an hour so we could see what is wrong with the transmission in his wife's Honda.

wastedtime.jpg

I took my time getting ready because he is always late. I left my house a little over an hour after he texted me.

I had the tow dolly behind Christine so we had it if we needed to drag the Honda somewhere.

I got to his house and he was not there. SO I waited. No one was home so I waited outside in the 92 degree heat.

After about an hour I started texting him. He didn't reply. I dropped the dolly and went to a gas station to get something cold to drink. Coffee was cooking me from the inside out.

I got a news paper and sat in his driveway and read the entire thing. Granted it was only the Gaston Gazette., but still. I also worked the crossword puzzle.

Before I started the jumble I told him he had 15 minutes to respond and I was leaving. He finally responded that he was tied up with an errand. I have no idea what he was doing.

So after 3 hours of sitting in his driveway I left.

I got home and sat down to cool off a while.

After Heaths speech therapy we all headed outside.

Steph had been working on emptying the tent building out while I was at Buddy's.  I got the Falcon fired up and we used the mobile crane

movingday1.JPG

to move the old engine out. The gurney tool table got rolled in. Then the new engine got moved over to the middle of the tent where we could work on it easier.

By then I was drenched with sweat and my back was bothering me again so we came in.

Gunner ran over LilBits and did something to her leg. I am not sure what we are going to do because the budget has no room for a vet right now.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3146 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted July 21, 2015 - 05:55 PM

I have always tried to be on time or before! Why some folks can not is beyond me! Guess they can't manage time very well!

• olcowhand, Craig., Bmerf and 1 other said thanks

#3147 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted July 21, 2015 - 06:07 PM

I have always tried to be on time or before! Why some folks can not is beyond me! Guess they can't manage time very well!

If your on time your late if you are early your on time.
  • Craig., Bmerf and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3148 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,938 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted July 21, 2015 - 06:26 PM

After 10 minuets, I would have left a note on the door. "I was here, you were not" Call the garage for the repair now.

• Alc, Craig., Bmerf and 1 other said thanks

#3149 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,707 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted July 21, 2015 - 09:45 PM

3 hours? must be a good friend. If you need my help you had better be there, because I will not wait. Call me when you're ready and we'll see if I'm busy. The older I get the less I will put up with this nonsense.

Edited by Bmerf, July 22, 2015 - 06:55 AM.

• Alc, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3150 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 05:41 PM

Finally got the van scanned.

I sat up for a while last night an played with GIMP seeing what the truck might look like with paint. No one really likes the stripe.

spooky2.jpg

I will play with it more later.

Yes, Buddy is a very good friend. I met him in 89. He is habitually late. He said he thought I was going to stay home till he called. So it was a bit of miscommunication, but I still could have strangled him.

SO this morning he texted me about 9. I told him I was busy and went back to sleep. LOL 3 hours wasn't cutting it.

I finally dragged myself out of the bed about 1130. Steph wanted to go to so I told her to get ready.

perkup.jpg

Lilbits foot is much better. She must have sprained it because she is trying to walk on it.

We got down to Shelby and hooked up the scanner he bought. It gave a code. I called my biddy who owns a transmission shop and he said $1800. Buddy was not exactly overjoyed at the news.

We sat and chewed the fat a while. Steph left and went to the store. Heath and I stayed at Buddy's.

When she came home we left. Buddy gave me the scanner. IT is only a $50 Harbor Freight cheapy but I will find a use for it.

We got home and Steph cooked pork chops for dinner.

I am going to go out and work on the engine after it cools down some more. It was 97 this afternoon.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks