wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 07:18 PM

Weeeee.

I had to take some pain meds so if this is a bit messed up you know why.  My monitor is moving.

I woke up at 1130 and staggered around till I found

hbnd.JPG

Then Heath and I hopped in CHristine and left.

We got to Wal-Mart and looked for degreaser. They no longer carry the gallons of purple power. I had to settle for two quirt bottles of mean green. Grabbed a scrub brush, flea spray,  a matchbox car, and 2 Orange crush.

We got to the checkout -express lane- and the woman in front of us had about 40 items in her buggy. She told the cashier she only had $50 and needed a running total so she wouldn't go over. The cashier told her to let everyone else go thru first.

Once we got thru that we headed down to pick up prescriptions.

I made Heath a much harder to spill drink bottle.

strawcap.jpg

He thought it was awesome.

Once we got back home I called Steph out to help me.

Pics of the progress are in the 88 Shortbed link below.

We had to get both engines back right side up. The full dressed engine that came out of the truck was a beast. I had to use my Hi-lift jack and a 5 foot stainless steel bar to get it turned right side up.

LilBit is doing really good. She is well mannered and quiet. Gunner enjoys having a play mate in the house. I have been a bit worried about her because she would not run and play. Well today that all changed. She was all over the place with her little legs going 300 MPH.

I had some parts hanging from the clothes line to paint them. After the first coat of paint the line broke and everything fell in the grass. Dangit. Fortunately everything fell on the side that will not ever be seen once installed.

By the time I stumbled into the house I was in agony. I looked like I should be living in a bell tower. 

I have been on my massaging cushion since then. I hate to do it but I had to take a meperidine for pain. I will probably not be up till 4am. I am about to fall out right now.

• Craig., KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#3122 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 08:01 PM

Engine is looking good.

Making when want to get out in the garage and tear down the crusty engine I have sitting there and starting the rebuild. Bought it to go from 4/cylinder to v8 in my ranger
  • Craig. said thank you

#3123 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 06, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Well today was painful. 

I took some pain meds last night and was asleep by 9. At 4am I was awakened by Heath. He stole hisMomma's phone and was in the hall watching train videos with the volume all the way up. I thought I was having a really weird dream.

I put him back to bed and he cried for about 3 minutes. Then he was out like a light. 

I wasn't so lucky. I was wide awake and my back was in business for itself. 

Decaf-Coffee-can-prevent-muscle-spasms-in-some-chiropractic-patients.jpg

I sat on my massaging cushion and watched a couple of movies, read some some articles, played crosswords, and finally it was 1030. Steph and Heath got up. She told me they were up till 2. Well she was anyway. Heath who knows if he ever went to sleep till I locked him in his room at 4am. 

At around 1030 I had Steph help me get dressed and I went outside. I was in agony but sometimes walking around helps. 

I cleaned and repainted the breather lid and gave the bottom half of it another coat of orange. 

That took me about an hour I was moving so slow. I dragged myself back in and I was in hell. 

At 230 Steph came and and told me what time it was. Dangit my PT was at 3 (I thought). She wanted to go so I told her that she and Heath had to be in the truck by the time I was showered and dressed. 5 minutes later we were rolling. 

I had her call the PT place and tell them I was going to be late. They said my appointment was at 330. So we had plenty of time. 

She and Heath came in with me. Heath was the darling of the place. They gave him stuff to play with and he had a blast. 

We left there and went to Harbor Freight. My die grinder started throwing sparks out of the head and was making some very unhealthy noises. I figured that was a good an indication as any that it needed to be replaced. For $14 I got a new one. If it lasts for 4 years like the last one did I will be happy. I snagged a $19 grinder too. By the time we got to the check out I was dying. I went out to the truck and left Steph and Heath to pay. 

Then we went over to Pep-Boys to get more paint. I snagged a can of orange, but they had a different brand of black I didn't want to take the chance of there being a big difference, and the black is cheaper at Wallyworld anyhow (they don't carry orange any more). 

We were all about to eat the interior.  So we shot across the shopping center to Dynasty Buffet. 

No matter how bad you feel bacon wrapped shrimp makes you feel better. 

baconshrimp.jpg

Once we were gorged we headed home. 

I cam in and collapsed onto my massaging cushion. 

I have lots of exercises I can do that almost instantly relieve the pain, but they require me to use both hands. I can't do a lot with my right hand. So there ya go. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3124 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 06:34 AM

Man Willie, I hope the pain lets up for you.
  • Craig. said thank you

#3125 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 07:52 AM

I hope that pain lets up as well, Makes for a rough day when ur in pain.

Edited by Craig., July 07, 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#3126 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 08:53 AM

I hope that pain lets up as well, Makes for a rough day when ur in pain.

It sure does!  I hope it lets up soon as well!

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3127 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 05:17 PM

Soaking in the tub now. Hoping it helps.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3128 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 05:29 PM

I hope it eases some for you soon.

• Craig. said thank you

#3129 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 07, 2015 - 06:41 PM

Got out out of the bath and Steph rubbed me down with BenGay. Whew is my back on fire. But it is loosening up.

I am now gorging on spaghetti.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#3130 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 08, 2015 - 07:44 PM

Pain is easing up some. 

coffee_strong_0.jpg

Steph has worked on my back hard a couple of times getting the knots out. I am moving a tiny bit. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3131 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 09, 2015 - 09:06 PM

Well it seems I had a wierd reaction to the operation.

HAND.jpg

Medically inducedhand1.jpg

LOL no not really.

This morning I was awake at 730. I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up.

Shortly after I had my first cup down I got a text from Graham. He needed to cut his grass. I told him where the key to the Falcon was and where it was parked. .

He texted me a couple of minutes later and said it would not start, the battery was dead. It has a new battery, but Heath does play on it.

I grabbed the jump box and went out. Graham was already gone. I called him and told him to haul his butt back over. He must have sent the text from his front porch.

I hooked up the jump box and sure enough it clicked and nothing else.  I thought that was odd and leaned forward and put my hand on the dash to look at the wiring. There was a plasticky click. The blades were engaged. Heath pulled out the button.

Then it really wouldn't start. I look in the gas tank told the story. I had no gas and his can was across the street so he went to get it.

With gas in it, it would turn over but not start. I was starting to wonder if it had been around the Hemorrhoid too long. However, it was just the throttle in the slow position. Pulled that up and she fired right up.

I staggered back in side.

About 30 minutes later I heard the tractor come in the yard. Then Graham knocked on the door. The deck belt had come off.

It had a big chunk out of it but it was still a complete belt so we stuck it back on. With my severe lack of sleep from back pains I couldn't figure out how it was routed. After about 20 minutes of laying on the ground looking at it I figured it out.

When I was putting it back on I had horrible shooting pains in my hand. I wasn't doing anything but using one finger to keep it on the pulley. It must have been the way I was holding it.

I came in. Graham started around the house. And then he shut it off. I went back out. The drive belt had come off. ARRRGHHHH>

Finally., she was happy and went off to mow his yard.

I got the Falcon for $100 because the guy had problems keeping the deck belt on. I works perfect now unless you (or a stick or something else) touch it. Then it comes off the first time you try to move it. It has got to be missing a guard or something.

I staggered back into my desk.

Heath and Steph got up at some time. I have no idea when.

I had Steph work on my back again. The baseball sized muscle knot is down to about a golfball now.

At 2 I hopped in the shower then left for my PT.

That picture is my hand in paraffin. It is to help with the scarring. It looked like some kind of bad horror movie prop.

I left there and went to TSC. Snagged a belt and a fuel filter.

I got home and sat down for a while.

Just before dinner my neighbor who does the stained glass, Ben, came over. He needed to get a car back to NC from Washington DC and wanted to borrow my tow dolly. I don't care as long as he agrees to replace it with one in the same or better condition if it is destroyed.

Sat down for supper a cold supper and I was exhausted.

• olcowhand, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3132 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,329 posts

Posted July 09, 2015 - 09:14 PM

I see you already wore the jell off the fingertips. Might I suggest a full hand cast in concrete :thumbs:

• Craig. said thank you

#3133 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 10, 2015 - 03:49 PM

Here we go again...

This morning I was the first one up again.

11692497_727336150709940_268957815074817458_n.jpg

Then I settled in to do nothing until I heard from my friend who needed his wife's van towed back to the house.

I told Steph to pull the tow dolly around front and get the 3 ball hitch.

He finally got here around 1230. I went out. Of course the whole bed of his pickup was piled high with junk from his tile job.

Steph didn't tell me that she could  not find the 3 ball hitch. I decided to flip my drop hitch over and put the ball on it. The hitch pin is missing. I suppose it is in the  3 ball hitch somewhere.

While we did this Heath came out appropriately dressed for summer. He had on a straw hat. Nothing else. Just a hat.

There was a hitch on the back of his truck(why I don't know because he has never pulled a trailer in his life), but it had the wrong size ball. I figured I could use his pin. Nope. Couldn't get it out. So we put my ball on his hitch and finally got out of here. I drove because again the never towed a trailer in his life thing.

He is short and there is tons of stuff behind his seat so I couldn't get it back all the way. Picture a garbage dump on wheel and you have his truck.

His wife took the keys to work with her so we had to go by Chick-fil-a to get them.

We finally got to the van. I started it up and drove it up the road (thankfully it was up hill too) and it pulled just fine till it got hot. Then it stopped. I coasted back to the truck and we got it up on the dolly.

Once that was all strapped down we headed home.

With the bed full of sand, tile, mortar, tools, grout, and whatever else - probably the crown jewels somewhere in there the truck was not happy about towing. At 46 MPH it would try to change lanes. 

Finally, we got to his house and unloaded.

We drove to my house and Steph came out and unhooked the dolly. He had to leave to pick up his wife at work. His truck would not restart. He said he knew it had gas because it had 1.4 tank this morning. I nearly slapped him. We had driven the thing for almost 2 hours. One way pulling a Honda Odyssey.

I didn't have any gas but a splash of SeaFoam in the TBI and it fired up. It was on an angle and the pickup couldn't get the fuel.

He sent me a text about 5 minutes later that he made it to the gas station.

I am done. My back is killing me from driving while sitting 3 inches from the wheel. My hand hurts from wrestling with the straps.

• olcowhand, MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3134 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 13, 2015 - 07:38 PM

ALmost human today.

drivecoffee.jpg

I didn't get to sleep till about 6am.

I woke up at 1230 and had to hurry to get to my PT appointment.

After a quick shower I was on the road. With an empty gas tank. I swear Steph has no clue what a gas gauge is for.

After a quick splash of go juice I was off.

Things went well but they are a bit concerned that my middle finger is locking up when I make a fist. They call it trigger finger.

Once I was all therapized I headed home.

I sat for a bit and had my lap monopolized

lilbits1.jpg

then it was time for MR Bowel to make himself known. While I was occupied there was a knock at the door. Steph answered it.

I had no clue who it was so I grabbed my pistol and stuck it in my pocket and went out.

Animal control was in the front yard. The idiot neighbor called an told them Gunner was acting threatening. The animal control officer thought it was pretty funny. He didn't even care that I had my pistol. Heath decided he needed to streak around the yard since law enforcement was there. We talked for about 30 minutes and then he said he had to run. He was a nice guy.

I came in an changed into work clothes and then went out.

First things first, I hooked my phone to the boom box and started playing my Mills Brothers Pandora station. Before I knew it MawMaw Wanda was dancing across my yard. She wanted me to turn it up louder so she could hear it across the street. LOL

We started rounding up all the rest of the parts for the engine that needed to be cleaned up and painted. Somehow the power steering pump grew legs. I had 4 other ones, but not the one that came off the truck. We searched everywhere and finally I told Steph to get the one out from under the work bench that was on the mounting plate and take it off.

I got to scrubbing the last few nasty parts. I also tossed all the nuts and bolts in a coffee can of degreaser.

Oddly enough the cooling fan was rusted on one side. I wire brushed it till it was shiny then shot it with a rattle can.

My back was starting to tense up so it was time to come in.

I was drenched with sweat. It felt good after a long time in the house.

After  shower I slathered some BenGay on my back.

It looks liek rain I really hope we get some things are looking a bit dry.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3135 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted July 15, 2015 - 07:09 PM

Managed to get outside again. 

I went to sleep around 3 and was up at 10 not bad.

I got dressed and headed out. 

spooky3.jpg

I needed the little squeaker I make to find top dead center and it was nowhere to be seen. So Heath and I ran to WalMart. Grabbed a doggy toy for 94 cents. Got some candy too.

Headed home and got to work. 

I hobbled around and looked like Quazimodo, but I got stuff done. It took forever though. 

I got the valves adjusted, and installed the timing chain cover, intake manifold, valve covers, harmonic balance, and started to install the EGR valve. 

There was no EGR gasket. The gasket set I bought was eh only one in stock and it had been opened. The guy at AZ marked the receipt. I sent Steph to get it while I cam in to sit. I had been at it for 6 hours and I was beat. Things would have gone faster, but in the time I was hurt lots of stuff grew legs and ran away. I spent more time searching for tools and trying to find bolts than I wanted to. 

With all the black and orange paint Steph named the truck - Spooky.

Spooky1.jpg

If you look closely you can see where I made the timing marks easier to read.

Spooky2.jpg

We decided on painting the truck black with an orange stripe and orange wheels. Kind of like this,

spooky4.jpg

Edited by UncleWillie, July 15, 2015 - 07:15 PM.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks