• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 07:14 PM

You my stubborn long lost brother or something?  Both of us push it, but then again, we don't have a lot of choice at times.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3107 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 10:15 PM

Willie, take it easy. Just a few more days man, just a few more days
  • Craig. said thank you

#3108 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 23, 2015 - 04:24 PM

You my stubborn long lost brother or something?  Both of us push it, but then again, we don't have a lot of choice at times.

NO one else will push it for me so I have to.

I slept in today

meds.jpg

After yesterdays stitch popping I decided I needed to behave till Friday when I go back to the doc. My hand is hurting today. I took pain meds for the first time since Thursday.

Got my dishwasher video up

https://www.youtube....h?v=2K8KCcEOZ3g

Taking the girls back tomorrow. Things should be quiet for a few days.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3109 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 04:03 PM

I was so tired I was in bed at 9pm last night. 

I woke up at 5am and said no way. I finally got up at 7.

peace_love_physical_therapy_coffee_mugs-r2b454bdfecef45eaa297ba3a5d3acf96_x7jgr_8byvr_512.jpg

At 8 a neighbor pulled in the driveway but I wasn't dressed for company so I didn't answer the door. I knew what he wanted and it wasn't earth shattering. 

I woke the girls up and told them to get ready to go whenever Jared said their aunt was on the way. 

Jared is going to AZ to visit his mom for a couple of weeks and the aunt was going to be coming right by the house so it saved me a 2 hour drive. 

At 9 Jared said she left the airport, but if I was not there she would not wait. I had a very descriptive work going through my head - I am not the one who is always late. 

I got to the meeting place before she did. I called to see where she was and just to rub it in. She took a wrong turn off the exit. 

Once the girls were off loaded I headed off the the scrap yard with the aluminum cans and a little bit of stainless steel. A whole $9. WOohoo. 

I had 2 hours till my PT appointment and I didn't want to drive home just to have to come right back to where I was. I went to the mall. Man was it dead. I could have tossed a grenade in there and only damaged fake plants. 

I got to the PT appointment and hour early. They told me to be there at 1230 I got there at 12. There was no paperwork to fill out and the appointment was actually at 1. SO i waited.

Finally a gal cam out and called for Mr. Wilson. No one moved. She then looked at her paper and called Mr White. We all laughed and I went back. 

MY PT gal is a pretty little blonde student doing her internship. I was lectured for popping a stitch and ordered to do nothing with my hand till the stitches were out. they gave me a cup of coffee so it was bearable. 

After some treatment they turned me loose with some exercises. 

I spilled a cup of coffee on my leg pulling out of the parking lot. Christine needs a cup holder. 

I stopped at the neighbors house and he wanted a starter for his tractor. I don't think I have one. 

I did get to look around his shop though. I did not know he does stained glass work.

This is for a Lutheran church somewhere up north.

IMG_20150624_140420120.jpg

Here it is lit up.

IMG_20150624_140424926.jpg

He had this one on the workbench.

IMG_20150624_140453442.jpg

He is also restoring a tiller.

IMG_20150624_140546528.jpg

Finally I cam home and let Jared's rats out to play.

IMG_20150624_161316233.jpg

Now I am going to do my exercises and behave - maybe. 

• olcowhand, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3110 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 10:25 AM

That some really cool glass work.

I wonder if he could make me a cub cadet 128 stained glass window for my garage.  I would be the COOLEST guy in the neighborhood. 

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3111 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 26, 2015 - 01:46 PM

Yippee NO stitches.

Since I had the bed all to myself last night I did what any sensible person would do. I sat in my office watching tv til 4am.  

An extra bonus was that I had to be up to get to the doc this morning. 

So this morning the alarm went off at 930 and I wandered into the kitchen. 

Then I poured myself into a shower. Gunner was going bonkers while I was getting clean.

When I got out I checked my phone and I had a missed call. It was from my neighbor who does the stained glass saying he was in the driveway.  That explains all the barking. 

I called him back and told him I didn't have a starter and that JacobD had sold his already. So now we are looking for a starter for his Kholer.

With coffee in my belly and in my thermos I headed off.

bart.jpg

I was on schedule to get to the doc at 1130. At 1045 I got a call from my doc saying that I was supposed to be there at 1030. OOps.  They said she would see my anyway. 

SO I went down and got destitched and made an appointment for a follow up next week and then headed to Charlotte. 

I stopped to get gas at the worst possible gas station on earth to get out of. I nearly got clobbered twice by idiots.

My buddys cigar shop had their AC unit stolen. Cigars don't like heat. So I took him my spare AC unit.

We chewed the fat a while. He is a liberal black man. I am a conservative white guy. We had a blast since no one else was in the shop. 

We traded for a couple of cigars, a ceiling fan, and some scrap metal. 

I got home and let Gunner out. He was a rocket with legs. I came inside and found a chewed up shoe (Stephs) and an empty Oreo package shredded in the bedroom. 

With a big glass of ice water I am sitting down and doing nothing the rest of the day. I have to watch the last season of Life and find out what happened to Charlie Crews.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3112 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 28, 2015 - 04:06 PM

Not qa bad couple of days. 

Steph got home late Friday/early Saturday I am not sure of the exact time. 

I had forgot to feed the rabbits so we went back to feed them. We got a surprise. A while back the male got in the side with the female. We didn't thing he was in there long. Must have been long enough. There were many babys in there. Unfortunately there was still another litter of bigger babies who kept the little ones from feeding and all but 2 died. We put the bigger ones in the other pen and hoped the babies would survive. I think was also got the pen fixed where conjugal visits can occur. 

Saturday we did nothing til 3pm. Then we headed off to a birthday party for a friends 2 year old. 

Unfortunately it poured rain so we all had to huddle inside. IT was a bit close, but we all had fun. Unfortunately, I had to sit on the hearth. Even with the cushions my back was crying. 

We got home about 800. I was hurting. I laid on the couch till about 1130 when we went to bed. 

Today I was a bit slow getting moving. 

toolbox.jpg

At 12 we finally got outside. 

(Pics will be in my album below)

First all the head bolt holes had to be tapped and the head bolt threads had to be cleaned. I finished the block before Steph finished the bolts. 

While she worked on that I went outside and cleaned and painted the oil pan and valve covers. 

Finally we put the heads on the block. 

WHen that was done my back was screaming for relief. I said no more and came in. 

Heath had a blast running around with Gunner, playing with the rabbits, crashing his Club Coupe in to trees - I think he missed his back yard. 

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3113 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 10:12 PM

Hand was a bit painful so I took it easy today.
  • olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3114 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 01:56 PM

Hand was a bit painful so I took it easy today.

Good!

#3115 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 07:53 PM

Busy day for Christine. 

spiderman_coffee_art.jpg

This morning Steph had an appointment for Heath's part of my disability so she let us sleep in and went down to get that done. 

She sent me a picture of her hand. Looked like a brown recluse bite to me. I told her we would go to the er when I got done with my PT appointment. It wasn't bothering her and wasn't going to get any worse in a couple of hours. I have been bit twice before. 

She got home and I hopped in the shower and got ready for my appointment. 

I got chewed out for working on the engine, but I couldn't convince any of them to come work on it for me. 

I got home and picked up Steph and Heath.

A short drive later (and a detour through a gas station parking lot go around a wreck) and we were in the waiting room. 

When we got back to the doc she said there was nothing they could do. I asked why because they had given me an antibiotic and pain meds when I got bit. She said that changed because they found that it did not do anything that the body could not do for itself. So unless there is a reaction all we do is wait for it to heal. Odd. 

Heath got all excited by the fire trucks. So we went over to the fire department and let him look at them. Then he decided they were terrifying and wanted nothing to do with them. 

We went by the High Shoals part and let him go nuts for a while. 

We got home and I set the burn barrel on fire and then came in. Steph worked on her rabbit pen a bit. Heath ran around like a tornado in a trailer park. 

My knee is starting to hurt and swell again. I swear I am falling apart. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3116 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 01, 2015 - 06:26 PM

Well today didn't quite go as planned. 

This morning Steph had to go to the dump. She was going to take Heath and I was going to go out and paint the engine.

First she had to tighten the Pinion yoke on Christine because it decides to come loose on occasion and had to be hit with the impact wrench to help its manners a bit. I know that is the wrong way to do it, but it has 500k on it so who really cares. I have another rear end in the field for when this one explodes. 

While I was

wheres.JPG

Steph tightened the pinion. Then she pulled out of the driveway with the trailer. In about 10 seconds she pulled back in. The rear end was making a horrible noise. An indescribable noise. One I had never heard before. 

I figured the rear was low on gear oil so I tried to pull the plug. It wouldn't come out. The PO had buggered it badly. Finally we dumped a quart of gear oil in the breather port and let called it good. I left the hose off it so it could blow any extra out. I will hook it back up in a couple of days. 

Then she started out again. The noise was even worse. I had her drive around the yard while I walked, squatted and crawled beside it. I told her to get it up in the air and pull the passengers side wheel off. I started taping up the engine for paint. 

She got it pulled apart and it looked good so I had her start it and put it in gear. The horrible noise was coming from the rear pinion area again so I had her pull it off again. I tightened the pinion nut till I had nothing left to give it. Then I went to paint while Steph reassembled everything. 

After the first coat she called me over and said the u joint would not go on. I took a look. The needle bearings were laying all over. I put them back and looked at the other side. It was missing some needles and several were laying down in the cap. ARGH. We got the magnets ( after an long search - it was hiding in plain sight) and found all but one. 

I went in the shop looking for a joint I could steal a needle out of. Lo and behold I found a brand new joint. 

So the old one came off and the new one went on. But not without a fight. The old one did not want to release its clip. The new one did not want to accept its clip. 

After some beating and banging and a few naughty words it decided to acquiesce and behave. 

With everything back in its home Christine was fired up and silently driven around the yard. 

Heath helped with the job. He took the lugs off and put them back on.

greaseheath1.jpg greaseheath2.jpg

I shot a final coat on the engine then I decided to make the magnet a bit easier to find with what little was left in the can. 

magnet.jpg

Finally at around 6 I staggered in the house and sat down. My hand is killing me. 

Steph left for the store - where she was going 6 hours ago. Heath is laying in the floor in the hall doing something.

I am watching the gorgeous Kate Jackson in The Rookies. 

Tomorrow I have more PT and another lecture about not over using my hand. 

Truck pics are going in my link below. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3117 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 05:45 PM

I didn't get much sleep last night. I was up and down about 40000000000 times. 

SO this morning at some ungodly hour I staggered in to make coffee. 

coffee_rabbit_by_lexx2dot0.jpg I took Heaths barricade down with out waking him up so he could escape when he awakened. 

Then I watched some tv and played a game until I heard the pitter patter of heavy feet tromping through the kitchen.

When Heaths speech therapist came I moseyed outside to tinker. I always want to bust out laughing when Heath refuses to cooperate so it is best if I am not in here. 

I pulled eh oil pan out of the dishwasher. It had sat for 3 days because I forgot about it and had flash rusted. So I came in and got a Brillo pad. Steph and the Therapist were in a discussion over TV land pulling The Dukes of Hazard off and putting a show about a homosexual preacher on. I was a bit surprised that she was a conservative as she was. Maybe that is why she doesn't lay and egg when she shows up and I ma wearing my pistol. 

After the oil pan was scrubbed I hung it on the clothes line and then shot it with black paint. 

By then it was time for me to shower and head off to PT.

I stopped for gas and realized that I forgot my phone and my thermos. Oh well. 

I snagged a bratwurst at the gas station and was going real good eating it till the very last bite when it puked all over my shirt. Dangit. Mustard, chili, and cheese all over my shirt. 

I was lectured again my the PT peoples. They told me I was doing too much. I told them to come do my work for me. Still no offers. 

Once I left there I ran by Harbor Freight to get some mechanics wire and a set of wire twisting pliers. I grabbed a couple of other things too - like a speed wrench. I was told that the motion of turning a ratchet is what caused most of my elbow problems. SO I am hoping the speed wrench will help. 

I got home and promptly disobeyed everything the therapist said while I worked the pliers to fix the rabbit pen. I was told not to squeeze anything tightly. I guess they didn't have operating wire twisting pliers in the PT schedule yet. 

We needed a board 21 1/8 inches to finish the repair so I told Steph to snag a board out of the pile. I cut it at exactly the right length.

board.jpg

Both halves are within 1/32 of each other. Which turned out to be a really good thing since we needed a second board. 

Once that was done I came in to rest my hand. It isw hurting just a wee bit from squeezing the pliers. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3118 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 02, 2015 - 09:12 PM

Addendum

Steph nearly hit this little girl up at the corner. We have gone door to door trying to find her owner. Tomorrow we put signs up.

She is very sweet and apparently house broken and walks on a leash very well. 

temp_2.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#3119 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 12:46 AM

Didn't do much at all today till late.

Went to sleep around 3am woke up at 1130.

After dark when it was cooler I went out to tinker. I think it was about 930.

Got all tte bolt holes tapped out, installed the timing gear set, oil pump, and set the rocker arms in place.

No pics because the phone died.

Edited by UncleWillie, July 05, 2015 - 12:48 AM.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3120 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted July 05, 2015 - 11:06 AM

That's a cute little dog Willie, got ears like a fruit bat, lol. Does Gunner want a playmate? He really should have a dog of his own you know.   :D  :D  :smilewink:

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks