• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 11:22 AM

I hope you behave your self after surgery better then someone else we know! :anvil_drop:

Most likely he won't!  :rolling:

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#3062 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 02:51 PM

I hope you behave your self after surgery better then someone else we know! :anvil_drop:

BeHave, bEhAVE, Beehaav, BeeeeHaaaveee, can't seem to figure that word out, can you define it an use it in a sentience?

• Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#3063 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 04:20 PM

BeHave, bEhAVE, Beehaav, BeeeeHaaaveee, can't seem to figure that word out, can you define it an use it in a sentience?

I think it stands for:

B - Be

E - Exactly

H - How

A - Always

V - Verifiably

E - Expected

• DougT, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#3064 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 06:56 PM

Whew! Boys and girls Uncle Willie is hot. 

This morning (after 3 hours of sleep) I got up and

fastcffe.png

At 739 I was out the door. At 800 I landed Christine at the smelter. 

It didn't take long to get everything melted down. At 945 I was home. 

Steph hopped in Christine and left for Shelby. She had a meeting for her student teaching. I laid down on the couch and watched a movie while perusing Craigslist on my tablet. 

I tried to doze off but every time I did Gunner poked at me. 

At noon she was home. Heath had a late night too and was just getting up. I didn't complain because I was too tired to take care of him. 

I got up and we went outside. 

First the little trailer had to be unloaded. Steph backed Christine up to it and I hooked it up.  We pulled around behind my building and emptied everything but the two broken pallets off it. Then I hopped up on the tailgate with my feet on the back bumper while Steph drove down to the burn pile. 

Next thing I knew I was laying the bed of the truck, which had come to a complete and immediate halt, and could not get out. I asked what happened and she said she hit something. I told her to come let me out of the bed and I would look. We were pointed down hill and I couldn't get up because there was nothing to grab. 

Once I got upright we went and looked. A big wooden wire spool that Jared ran over with a car last summer had gotten washed down the hill in the rain and was no longer where it had been for so long. It came to rest on a couple of cement blocks that I am not sure where they came from. Steph tried to back the truck up and it would not move. I told her to go get the Falcon and I took a try. After several attempts I got it to go sideways and finally off the pile.  I told Steph to forget the tractor. 

After the pallets were in the burn pile we came back up the hill. 

I loaded the Falcon up on the trailer and I left. 

A quick run over to Grady's shop and I unloaded and mowed the yard. Someone had tossed out a bag of Taco Bell that still had food in it and a gallon jug of milk. I wasn't hungry so I mowed on after picking it up. 

A guy from the place next door came over and stopped me and asked me what the boat was doing in Grady's yard. I told him he knew as much as I did and mowed on. 

At around 130 I was back home. 

Steph and I got to working on cleaning up the yard some. Once we had things moved around the old apple tree trunk we fired up the push mower. I say we because it is always a 2 person job. One to hose brake cleaner in the carb and one to pull the rope. It won't start any other way. 

I mowed around the stump and down beside the shed. Steph got the dogs out of the pen and I mowed that too. 

I came in soaked in sweat, I peeled off the water logged clothing,  and sat down and drank water and read stuff online. 

At 430 the woman with the dish washer called and gave us her address. 

After donning dry clothes we went out the door, 

Before we left I finally took a minute to disconnect the heater core in Christine. There is no way to turn the heat off so it has to be bypassed every summer. 

Once the blast furnace was off we all headed off. 

Having Heath in the middle is a fun thing. His feet are in the way every time you shift.

We stopped for gas at a station that also had a DQ in it. Steph went in and got us Strawberry smoothies to combat the heat.  

We finally got to the woman's house about 6 and loaded up the dish washer. Then we headed home. 

Steph needed some stuff from the store so we stopped at Ingle's. Heath and I waited in the truck. 

Finally at 730 we got home. 

I am worn out. 

A cold beer hasn't tasted this good in a long time. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3065 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 07:01 PM

Before we left I finally took a minute to disconnect the heater core in Christine. There is no way to turn the heat off so it has to be bypassed every summer. 

Once the blast furnace was off we all headed off. 

Why not put a brass ball valve in the heater hose line.  Makes the job a LOT easier!

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3066 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,474 Thanks
  • 39,712 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 07:10 PM

Why not put a brass ball valve in the heater hose line.  Makes the job a LOT easier!

He'd probably forget to shut it off now. & forget to turn it back on this fall!

• Craig. said thank you

#3067 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 07:59 PM

Because I didn't have a spare one and this was free. Simple;e matter of removing 2 hose clamps and switching lines. 

• Craig. said thank you

#3068 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 03:29 PM

Sleep, Glorious sleep!

I wen to bed at about 4am. My eyes opened and it was super quiet and the sun was shining - and it was noon. Wow. It felt wonderful.

I thought Steph and Heath had left so I laid in bed for a bit and checked my emails. Then hurricane Heath came blowing in.

73451283.jpg

He woke up at 7 and Steph went back in his bedroom and laid down on the bed. He played and watched videos and laid down with her some. 

Once I was coherent we headed outside. 

We were going to have a yard sale this weekend, but things didn't work out for that. So we hooked the trailer up to Christine and used the Mobile crane on the Falcon to load scrap metal on it. 

Heath and Gunner were having a ball playing under a tree in the front yard. 

Once everything was loaded and strapped down we all headed in side for a cool drink and to sit a spell and cool off. 

Heath had a glass of tea and a spoonful of peanut butter. Gunner had a bowl of water.

Once we were all hydrated we headed out to the truck. 

A slow drive down to the scrap yard and we unloaded. I had 1500 pounds on Christine. 

Heath was so tired form playing he fell asleep on the way down. 

We left there and went to cash the check, then headed up to Dollar General. Heath did not wake up till we got there. 

Heath did not have a ball anymore. Between the dogs, Jared, and the mower they had all gotten destroyed. He got a set of two balls and a foam bat. I got a bottle of Marvel Mystery oil for cheap. Steph got a brownie mix. Then I grabbed a $1 pack of 6 $100,000 bars, two bottles of water, a Sprite, and a bag of Doritos. 

On the way home we ate chips and candy bars. 

We got home and my neighbor, MawMaw Wanda, came over and said her brother had a camera setup I could buy for cheap to keep an eye on the neighbor. 

Now I am done. I am worn out and sore.  it is pouring rain outside. But man that sleep was wonderful. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3069 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,474 Thanks
  • 39,712 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 05:36 PM

Sleep does wonders for the bod!

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3070 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 15, 2015 - 09:04 PM

Good start to a busy week. 

After doing nothing all say Saturday and half of Sunday I drove up to get the girls. Jared is putting in job applications this week so he didn't come. 

Emily decided to color my hair - with chalk.

toof2.jpg

Later that evening I let her cut my hair. It looks descent. 

This morning Emily had a dentist appointment so we got up at the crack of early and left. 

toof.jpg

I sat in the lobby watching all the attractive staff members walk by while they filled the hole in her head. 

While I waited I got a text from Verizon. They said my bill had not been paid. I checked and sure enough it had not. I blame the pain meds I was on. Problem is that since we have not worked in a while and I am working on the 88 I don't have the money. I gave it some thought and came up with a plan - I think. 

We headed home and Emily was "DYING" of hunger, but couldn't have solid food till the feeling in her mouth returned. We shot thru McD's drive thru for milkshakes. 

At home I downed a half gallon of water then we all headed outside. 

Steph told me that there were several window AC units in her building. Why I have no idea. So we dragged them out and tested them. One worked. The rest go loaded on Christine. 

Then every thing we could find got loaded on: vacuum cleaners, rotted mower decks, electric engine fans, shopping cart full of random wires,  battery chargers, and bunches of other stuff that we collected over time was rounded up. The metal got loaded on the little trailer behind the Hemorrhoid. 

Once the canopy was set up and CHristine was backed under and the Hemorrhoid/ trailer combo was parked close by we set to work.

The girls got to cut all the stuff off the wires. Steph and I took everything else apart. 

We were all drenched with sweat when we came in. I got in the shower first because I was the dirtiest.

My hand is killing me. 

Tomorrow morning I go in for my pre-op then back home to round up some more stuff I thought of that needs to go. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3071 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 16, 2015 - 02:04 PM

My last two handed post for a while. 

This morning waaaaaay to early my alarm went off. I dressed and made coffee and staggered off to see...

nurse.jpg

The first person I saw had a hard time getting my insurance to accept the claim. After talking to a couple of people she figured it out. My doctor changed practices and the computer was mad about it. 

Then sat a super cute nurse who took my blood pressure "wonder if the attractive medical staff that I see is the reason for my high blood pressure?), took blood, and gave me an ekg. I passed everything so I am scheduled to be sliced on tomorrow at 8am. 

I headed home and drank lots of coffee on the way. 

I got home and rousted everyone and told them to get ready to go outside. 

We got out and got to work on a couple of  of things.

First a monster hydraulic dump cylinder off of a 46 Packard dump truck, that I got about 10 years ago in a load of scrap metal, had to be picked up. SO the Falcon was fired up and hooked to the crane. I pulled down next to the cylinder and lost all movement in the tractor. The belt came off. Fortunately it was an easy fix. A stick got wedged in the and pulled it off the pulley. 

We moved a bunch of stuff out the way and I started backing in again - only to loose drive again. I missed a belt retainer. With the a fixed we hooked up and lifted the monster up. I should have gotten a picture of it. It was an easy 700 pounds.  

With that monster loaded on the trailer we tossed a few more things on and went up the hill to load up all the stuff we took apart yesterday. 

I gave the girls orders to keep Heath alive and not to fight and Steph and I left. 

It was the first time since Heath was born that we went somewhere ( other than the ER when I sliced my hand open with the angle grinder) with out the little monster.

We got to the scrap yard  after a nice slow drive,  AT LUNCH. Dangit. All the grappler operators were on lunch break. I was not going to wait an hour for them - but I should have.

We went across the scale at nearly 6000 pounds. Christine is a work horse. 

While we were unloading the cylinder it hung on the trailer and I lifted it up. I felt that old familiar feeling. I pulled a groin muscle.  In anger and frustration I told Steph to stand by the truck and I got the thing off the trailer. I am sure that helped the muscle. 

Once we got our money we headed home.

Heath was still alive so the girls get to live another day LOL. 

By the time I got home the swelling had started. So now I am sitting with an ice pack in my nether regions. Tomorrow should be fun. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3072 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,474 Thanks
  • 39,712 posts

Posted June 16, 2015 - 02:48 PM

Maybe one of the nurses can hold the icepack down there for you!

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3073 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 16, 2015 - 03:19 PM

I like that idea!

#3074 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 16, 2015 - 04:26 PM

I like that idea!

Might take more than one nurse to hold it down!  :rolling:   Man you're gonna feel a mess come tomorrow after surgery, groin & arm kinng you.  Hope pain meds keep it at bay.  

#3075 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,474 Thanks
  • 39,712 posts

Posted June 16, 2015 - 04:35 PM

Might take more than one nurse to hold it down!  :rolling:   Man you're gonna feel a mess come tomorrow after surgery, groin & arm kinng you.  Hope pain meds keep it at bay.  

Them cute nurses will offset the pain killers!

• Craig. said thank you