wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 02:00 PM

Got a descent nights sleep last night. 

This morning I woke up an hour before my alarm went off. 

coffee_body_scrub-300x225.jpg

Then I played online and sat on my massaging cushion. Somehow I kinked my upper back in the night. 

After Heath and Steph were up and fed and bumping around we all got dressed and went outside. 

We took some paracord and fixed the blanket on Christine's "new" bench seat so it didn't slide all over. 

We cut soem small holes in the blanket and weaved the cord around and through it until it was secure and looked less like a pile of laundry. 

Then I shot some more paint on the 88 in places I couldn't see before. It is amazing what changing the way light hits something will show. 

Then I turned my attention to the engine. The block was nasty so Steph and I got the fans going in the tent and I got the grinder with a wire brush on it and cleaned everything it would get to. 

Next I hosed it down with Purple Power while Steph found a small wire brush. I did some serious scrubbing on it. 

I shot a video once I had it all clean but my phone decided to not save it. Oh well. 

It started to rain before I finished up, but since I was in the dry it didn't matter. 

I finished that and came in a scrubbed all the grease off me that flung off the engine. 

Now I am doing nothing. Steph and Heath are going to the store in a bit. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3047 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 02:18 PM

What model Dodge do you have, I have a '99 2500, 4X4, 5.9V8, auto.

Mine is a 1990 D250 (2wd) automatic with the 5.9 turbo diesel.

• Craig. said thank you

#3048 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 08:31 PM

Mine is a 1990 D250 (2wd) automatic with the 5.9 turbo diesel.

Cool, except 2wd.

• Craig. said thank you

#3049 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 08:39 PM

He lives in NC not much need for 4x4 unless you are planning on going off road. I'd only own 2 wheel drives if it wasn't for the snow
  • Craig. said thank you

#3050 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 09:03 PM

He lives in NC not much need for 4x4 unless you are planning on going off road. I'd only own 2 wheel drives if it wasn't for the snow

True, seen too many trucks nearly stuck at auctions and/or shows I guess to care for 2wd much, snow isn't the only reason I own a 4X4.

• Craig. said thank you

#3051 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 09:36 PM

Except for massive rain storms that cover the road in mud, getting run off the road by idiots, recovering other people who get stuck in mud, more pulling power, or just using a truck in general the way a truck was meant to be used 4wd is useless.
  • olcowhand, Craig., Cat385B and 2 others have said thanks

#3052 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 06:35 PM

Gather around boys and girls cause we had a great day. 

I got to sleep some time this morning. Which was OK because I didn't have anything to do but go to the doctor at 3. 

We laid in the bed and wrestled with Heath till about 1 and then I hopped in the shower. Steph made coffee for me. I didn't drink a drop it was hard. 

We left for the doctor at what I thought was 3:00, it was 2. Oh well. We went to Walmart to kill some time. 

Heath got a new train. I got a new pair of shoes and some deodorant. Heath picked the deodorant up and pulled the top off and put it on his lips thinking it was chap-stick. I nearly fell down laughing. 

We wandered around looking at stuff will 15 minutes before my appointment.

We found this smoking deal on a computer

park10.jpg

park9.jpg

I got my first pair of new shoes in 3 years.

park11.jpg

The cashier put Heaths train in his own bag and he carried it everywhere he went today. 

Then we headed up to see HOTDOC. 

HotDocs office had a magnet sand table that we all three had a ball playing with. 

We got called back and my blood pressure is too high. I am too fat. And I have allergen induced conjunctivitis in my left eye. She asked if I had been doing anything that might have gotten debris in my eye. Steph started laughing. 

We left HotDocs office and finally

park12.jpg

We were all starving so we had Mexican

Steph and I had beef Fajitas and Heath had a cheese Quesidilla. He ate almost all his. Steph and I brought home enough for another meal. 

park6.jpg

park7.jpg

Park8.jpg

We headed home and I decided to stop at a little park we pass all teh time that nearly got washed off in a flood a couple of years ago. 

Heath had a ball. 

park1.jpg

park2.jpg

park3.jpg

park4.jpg

Step[h wandered off to inspect the river. I stayed with Heath till she got back. 

The park had a broken swing set and I went over to see if it could be fixed. I put the pipes back together but didn't have a hammer to drive it back in so I pulled it back apart so no one got hurt on it. While I was going that a guy who lived next door walked over. I thought we were going to get chewed out for messing with the swing. He said he was ecstatic to see someone over there. playing. He wanted to fix the swing but he wasn't tall enough.

We discussed how it needed to be fixed and he went off to get tools while Steph backed Christine over under the swing. We got it put back together. He drilled holes through the joints so he could get some bolts to put in it. 

The poor little park has been neglected and he and a neighbor were trying to get it fixed up and get people to use it again. I told him we could bring the Falcon and old Crusty over to work on some stuff next week when we had time. 

Finally it started to sprinkle and we headed home. 

Attached Thumbnails

• park5.jpg

Edited by UncleWillie, June 08, 2015 - 06:38 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#3053 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for being a good guy & helping get the playground repaired!   :thumbs:

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3054 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 08:59 PM

Cool, except 2wd.

Except for massive rain storms that cover the road in mud, getting run off the road by idiots, recovering other people who get stuck in mud, more pulling power, or just using a truck in general the way a truck was meant to be used 4wd is useless.

4wd is more trouble than it's worth imo. It's great when you need it but it's not so great all the rest of the time when you're lugging around that extra running gear or paying the extra cost and doing the extra work when you need to rebuild the front end or picking up little pieces all over the road and calling for a tow cause your transfer case randomly exploded for no reason.

Nah. I'll stick with 2wd for now. If I need more traction I'll load some sandbags.

• Craig. said thank you

#3055 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 09:06 PM

4wd is more trouble than it's worth imo. It's great when you need it but it's not so great all the rest of the time when you're lugging around that extra running gear or paying the extra cost and doing the extra work when you need to rebuild the front end or picking up little pieces all over the road and calling for a tow cause your transfer case randomly exploded for no reason.

Nah. I'll stick with 2wd for now. If I need more traction I'll load some sandbags.

Care to elaborate on the randomly exploding transfer case?  Forget 4wd vs 2wd now I'm just curious.

• Craig. said thank you

#3056 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 09:07 PM

It's what happens when you biy a Chevy....HaHa!
  • Craig. and adamjd200 have said thanks

#3057 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 09:08 PM

I've owned 4WD for almost 40 years and I've yet to have a transfer case or other 4WD failure except to replace a couple U-joints on front axles.  I've never even replaced a u-joint in a drive shaft.  My 4WD is an absolute requirement with the loads & terrain I deal with.  There has also been several times over the years when we got extreme snows that the law put a ban on all vehicles NOT 4WD to be on the road.

• Craig. and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#3058 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted June 09, 2015 - 07:52 AM

I've owned 4WD for almost 40 years and I've yet to have a transfer case or other 4WD failure except to replace a couple U-joints on front axles.  I've never even replaced a u-joint in a drive shaft.  My 4WD is an absolute requirement with the loads & terrain I deal with.  There has also been several times over the years when we got extreme snows that the law put a ban on all vehicles NOT 4WD to be on the road.

I've owned only 2 trucks that were 2 wheel drive.

The only repairs I've ever had to do that were "extra" to the 4x4 system was front u-joints on my Ram, and on the automatic hubs decided to freeze up on a Ford Ranger 4x4.  Replaced those with Warn manual hubs and never had another issue.  Oh yeah, I had a Chevy S10 Blazer ZR2 off road that failed the electric motor on the transfer case.

Those are the only problems I can remember.

Honestly my 4x4 trucks are in 2 wheel drive 99.9% of the time.  Since I bought my Tacoma last November I have put 15,000 miles on it(3 oil changes so far) and I'd venture to say I have had it in 4x4 maybe a total of 50 miles.  Those most of those 50 miles were in the snow, and I can only remember one day when I really needed it and that was going back into a vent fan site in the middle of no where with 10 inches of snow on the ground.  That was probably 20 of those miles.

#3059 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 09, 2015 - 05:56 PM

Docs appointment today - unfortunately not HotDoc. 

I was awakened by Buddy calling me to come move furniture. I got up and took the new blood pressure medicine HotDoc prescribed for me and left. 

dizzy.jpg

Uppity woman was micromanaging every move we made with the furniture. Fortunately we got done before I hit her with a sofa. 

I got back home about 10. Steph and Heath were watching TV. 

I searched online for a free or cheap dishwasher to toss some car parts in. If I did it in the kitchen Steph would stuff me in the machine. 

At 230 I showered and dressed and was out the door shortly after 3. 

I made a stop at the feed store for 50 pounds of rabbit food. 

The doc did some tests and said me right hand was significantly weaker than my left. She asked if I had been dropping anything and I said yes my son. She was a bit shocked. (Don't worry Heath bounced and laughed.) She asked how soon I wanted the surgery I said yesterday. She made an appointment for next Wednesday. She is going to do a carpal tunnel release and give me a shot for tennis elbow. I don't even play tennis. 

She said the shoulder pain was most likely from the elbow being messed up. 

I got an email from a woman in Mooresville who had dishwasher for $25. Cheap enough for me to destroy. I go get it tomorrow afternoon. 

I left the hand doc and went to PepBoys and got some engine paint. They wanted $5 for a small can of brake cleaner so I went over to Wal-mart and got some for $3. 

I made my way home and unloaded the rabbit feed. Then Steph and I loaded up all the aluminum in Christine. I am going to the smelter early tomorrow morning to get it over with before it is too hot. 

I finally dragged myself inside. I am a bit dizzy from the new meds. Hopefully that will ease up with time. 

Edited by UncleWillie, June 09, 2015 - 05:56 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3060 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 10:06 AM

I hope you behave your self after surgery better then someone else we know! :anvil_drop:

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks