UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 05:47 PM

It may take a while for this to post, my two daughters are sucking up all the bandwidth within 100 miles. 

Last night Buddy called and said he needed help with moving some furniture out so he could lay tile today. He said he would call when he was ready to head up. 

I woke up at 730. No phone call yet. 

So I made coffee and waited. 

trippy_coffee_beans_comic.jpeg

I called him finally at 9 and it went to voicemail and his inbox was full. So I waited some more. 

The girls got up and tortured them by playing Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma  very loudly

Finally Buddy called. He was getting tile at Lowe's. It took them 2 1/2 hours to get him loaded. Stupid. He said he would be at a gas station in Cherryville in 30 minutes. So I grabbed my thermos and left. 

I sat for about 10 minutes and sure enough in exactly 30 minutes he showed up. That may be a first for him. 

While I waited this cool Bug came by.

vw.jpg

When I was following him to the house he was working at he kept stopping like he was afraid he was going to loose me. He knows I used to follow people for a living (PI not stalker) and he couldn't loose me if he tried. I was wondering what he was thinking. 

We got to the house and a car pulled in the drive behind me. Finally figured it out. He had another guy coming to help and didn't want to loose him. 

When he stopped in the driveway I told him he was to report to my house when he finished work today because he had no brake lights or turn signals at all.  

We moved out all the furniture and then unloaded all the tile.

Americas Best had my new glasses ready to I had to leave to head down to get them.  

While I was there I got a text from Steph that Gunner had run over to the neighbors yard because he had some other neighbors over who have kids. Gunner loves kids. Bob said he was going to shoot Gunner. Then he admitted shooting the chickens.  He is lucky I was 25 miles away. I calmed down by the time I got home. 

After a little while I went outside and grabbed the hydraulic ram that Jared had pulled from the strategic junk reserve and hosed down with Marvel Mystery Oil for me.

I gave it a little tap with a bar and it started working perfectly. 

I had Steph help me swap them. It now has an 8 ton ram instead of a 2 ton. I know the boom will not lift that much but it is always nice to have more than you need. It also reaches about 7 1/2 feet high. It only went about 6 feet before. 

For reference Steph is 5'3" and she is standing on the cranes axle.

crane.jpg

Now I am waiting for Buddy to show up. While I am waiting I found this shocking news.

deadf.jpg

Not sure if that is legal - or effective. 

And  friend sent this to me and I thought one of you might want a date for Friday night, or ballast for an industrial forklift.

lot2love.JPG

Edited by UncleWillie, June 01, 2015 - 05:51 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor and Craig. have said thanks

#3033 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,433 Thanks
  • 39,673 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 06:32 PM

On that last one, you lost me at 2550 lbs. Sorry! Any woman I deal with will at least be close to target weight.

• Craig. said thank you

#3034 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 08:29 PM

2550 is a target  - a very large target. 

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3035 Diesel1050 OFFLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 344 Thanks
  • 394 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 08:31 PM

When I first saw that I was like "s••t someone else has a Scotts 2554...."
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3036 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:07 PM

Not much got done today.

Didn't get much sleep last night. What little I did get I woke up hurting. 

today.jpg

I took some pain meds then didn't feel like doing anything. SO I didn't. 

Graham came over and kidnapped the Falcon to mow his yard. 

Shortly after that Tim came by to see if I had a 17 hp or so single cylinder engine. I didn't. I did find a 12 HP Briggs horizontal shaft that I forgot I had. 

After we talked a while he went home. 

Graham brought the Falcon back. 

I sat in my chair. 

Sometime this evening the guy is supposed to come get the camper and bring me the rest of my money. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3037 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 07:09 PM

Not much sleep last night. 

I was up at 4am ordering parts for the 88 on Rockauto.com. I ordered a water pump, timing set, oil pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires,oil filter, thermostat, and left brake caliper (only one they had in stock for cheap) for a grand total of $155. 

This morning Gunner wanted to go outside, but it was raining so he didn't want to get wet. After a while he finally got thrown out. Steph said he took about 4 steps and was pooping.

It rained at varying intensities all day. At one point I could not even see out the window. 

pixflood0530e.jpg

Steph had a doc appointment so I was left here in the mad house with the Heath and the girls. We had fun. 

The machine shop called and said my heads were ready. I told him I had no way to come get them and he said to walk. I told him the 25 mile walk down there might not be so bad, but lugging 125 pounds of cast iron back would not be fun. 

Steph got home and served rabbit BBQ and macaroni salad. Both girls refused to eat it. I told them they ate what was fixed or got nothing. They ate the macaroni by itself. 

After dinner we all wandered outside. I checked inside the tent garage and it was bone dry. We stuck the bench seat for Christine in there to get it out of the monsoon. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3038 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 04:18 PM

Getting closer,

I had Steph pick me up a bottle of sleeping medicine last night. I got a descent amount of rest. 

This morning I had to be up and gone fairly early. Everyone else was still asleep when I left. 

HRlogo1.jpg

I got about a mile from the house and buddy sent me a text asking what I was doing. I tried to call him but there was crappy reception on his el cheapo phone so I decided to just go by the house he is working at. I figured i knew what he wanted.  I was right. He needed help moving an entertainment center. Once that was moved I headed off. 

I got to the machine shop and picked up a lovely set of heads. $140 and I was off again. 

I stopped at Harbor Freight to get a gear puller and a rivet gun. I got a couple other things too. 

I stopped at Autozone to order a right side brake caliper. I will be in tomorrow. No big rush since the truck has no engine. 

I got home about 1245 and backed up to the tent to unload the heads. They are so purty.

heads.jpg

Then I took the rivet gun and fixed the latches on Christine's tool box. 

Steph had to get to Charlotte so she left. 

I dragged the girls outside to help me do a little cleaning. I have a clear path to the tent now. 

Then they had some fun with the tractors till the Hemorrhoid ran out of gas. 

tractorfun.jpg

I hobbled back inside and parked my butt. 

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3039 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 07:51 PM

Nice day. 

I woke up bright and early - after going to bed dark and early.

ugly.jpeg

I woke Emily up because she said she wanted to go to the junk yard with me today. 

ON the way out I found out how truly deprived her life in AZ is. THEY HAVE NO BOJANGLE'S. We stopped and got a couple of biscuits.

We ran by Harbor Freight because the only T45 socket I had was twisted. HF has a parking lot sale going on and the whole set was only $8. 

We headed over to the junk yard and paid the $5 bucks to get in. I tossed the tool bag in a wagon and let Emily pull it around. It hurt my shoulder to pull. 

I snagged a tail light wiring harness off a full size Chevy for Buddy's truck, then we walked all over trying to find the best S10 bench seat they had. IT turned out to be the first one we found. It was a bit nasty and smelled funny, but we brought it home. 

At home I called Steph and Allison out and we set about cleaning the seat with Purple Power and Febreze. 

Steph and I pulled the bucket seats and console out and found all kinds of stuff including 2 $5 bills, a ton of change, umpteen lighters, enough pens and pencils to build a fort with, lots of very old candy, and more dirt than is in the garden. 

After the first Vacuuming in 7 years the newly cleaned and de-stinkified bench seat went in. Since it was cracked I told Steph to find a blanket to toss over it, I think she looked for the ugliest one ever made. 

seatseat.jpg

Then we dragged the Weider Crossbow out of my office. I thought it would help my shoulder, but it didn't. So it is just in the way. 

Once that was covered up with a massive sign tarp - that oddly enough was made for the Elevation Church - we all sat in lawn chairs under the tree. 

I posted the Crossbow on CL while I sat.

http://hickory.craig...5059853685.html

Emily and Allison wanted to ride the mowers. We had no gas. So all the females loaded up in Christine and headed off to get gas. I think they got something wrong because they came back with Taco Bell. 

The got fuel too. 

After we ate the tractors got fueled and the girls went out to ride around. It took an hour or so to satisfy them. 

At 4 I loaded them up in the truck and headed them back to thier grandmother. I figured Jared would come back, but he didn't. He said he has a Spanish exam to study for. 

Emily informed me that she forgot her glasses. I told her before we left to make sure she had everything. She sat on the couch and told me she did. So I had not mercy. I was not going to drive another 2 hours round trip to get them. She will just have to make do with her contacts till next week. 

ON the way home I stopped by Chic-fil-a to get the free frosted lemonade I had a coupon for. I was not impressed. Tasted like old ice cream with a squirt of lemonade in it. 

Then I went to Wal-Greens and got a new pair of reading glasses. All mine have grown legs and run away except for one pair that looks like Godzilla attacked them. 

When I got home Steph and Heath were still outside. Heath was butt naked and covered head to tow in dirt. He had fun.

Gunner drug up a 8 point bucks skull from somewhere. It will make a nice hat rack. 

I am done for the day. This will be the first weekend in a long time that there has not been an extra person here. Not sure what we will do. 

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3040 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 08:00 PM

Can't complain about the price though of the free lemonade thing lol.

I haven't been impressed with chic a fila I was excited when I found one down in morgantown never seen one before. I was disappointed.

#3041 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 08:53 PM

I love their chicken. It is the best quality chicken of any fast food restaurant. I worked there for a couple of years and was impressed that even their nuggets are whole chicken.

I like their ice dream (cream) and lemonade, but mixing them together YUK.

#3042 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 06:57 PM

Hurry up and go nowhere. 

This morning I was awakened by a text from Buddy needing my help moving furniture back in the house he is tiling. So I got up.

water.jpg

Heath had just woke up when I left the house. Steph was still out like a light. 

I arrived at the house and Buddy was still grouting. So I talked to the home owner a while. We did move a couple of things so he could grout under them. 

Then once he had done his final wipe off of the floor we got ready to put the furniture in. That is when the uppity wife came in and said we had to mop the whole floor before we put furniture back in. Buddy said we don't mop. I told her the stuff would slide easily on the tile. Her husband said no one could see under the furniture. But she insisted. 

SO I will go back Monday to help put it all back in. 

I got back home and proceeded to get heavily involved in doing nothing. 

Steph went to the store. Heath and I continued doing nothing. 

JacobD called and wanted to mooch my engine hoist and some long 3/8 inch extensions. He is working on a Dodge. I probably should have included a stick of TNT.

He arrived and I went out. We loaded the hoist up on the truck and were talking when MawMaw Wanda across the street came over to talk to Steph. 

When Jacob left I went over to see what the confab was about. She has been cleaning out her flower beds and found a couple of snakes. I got my pistol and went over to look. I saw nothing. Maybe they knew I was not a 75 year old woman with a rake. 

Heath and I  came back home. I ate a monstrous sandwich.  Heath watched trains. 

Steph came in with the mail. My cigars arrived. I got a bonus pack of cigars and a knife. I like free stuff. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3043 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 10:36 PM

Got the engine out. That thing is a monster It didn't look nearly as big in the truck. But at any rate the swivel hook on your engine hoist is the cats meow.

Turns out I didn't even need the extensions. There was just enough room to get a wrench on the top transmission bolts from inside the engine compartment  :bounce:  But thanks anyway. 

• MH81 said thank you

#3044 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,528 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 10:51 PM

Got the engine out. That thing is a monster It didn't look nearly as big in the truck. But at any rate the swivel hook on your engine hoist is the cats meow.

Turns out I didn't even need the extensions. There was just enough room to get a wrench on the top transmission bolts from inside the engine compartment  :bounce:  But thanks anyway. 

What model Dodge do you have, I have a '99 2500, 4X4, 5.9V8, auto.

#3045 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 11:51 PM

Turns out I didn't even need the extensions. There was just enough room to get a wrench on the top transmission bolts from inside the engine compartment :bounce: But thanks anyway.

Yeah I put that swivel on there after a protracted fight witan engine that nearly broke my hand. It came off a scrap chain hoist.