4319 replies to this topic

#2986 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 07:46 PM

I worked on Grady's Weedeater. His recoil was pulled out and the throttle cable was broken. After I got the recoil wound up I pulled the cable off a  junk weed whacker I had an made it fit. Mangled my finger in the process. Super glue to the rescue.

You have to cut it off then reattach it to join my club lol It looks painfull

#2987 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 05:44 PM

You have to cut it off then reattach it to join my club lol It looks painfull

I am trying to not remove any body parts.

My body gave up last night. I was in bed at 930 and out like a light at 10.

My phone started ringing at 630 am.

hard_working_rv_salesman_coffee_mug-ra22929e933a74951b401b04c11cc8b6b_x7jpm_8byvr_512.jpg

All I have done all day is field one question after another and show one person after another the camper. It is an $800 camper and they are expecting the Taj Mahal on wheels.

I did sell the Bolens today, but not for as much as I wanted. I still more than doubled my money on it. He didn't take the trailer though. He was a disabled guy on a fixed income. I understand.

I have more people coming to look at the camper this afternoon. Hopefully one of them wants it more than I do.

• Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#2988 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 08:29 PM

Hope you get that FF so "Buzzard" can fly again!

• Craig. said thank you

#2989 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 09:45 PM

Hope you get that FF so "Buzzard" can fly again!

The ad is down and the guy is not answering emails :(

• Craig. said thank you

#2990 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 05:37 AM

What is "buzzard"?
  • Craig. said thank you

#2991 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 06:50 AM

What is "buzzard"?

The 'buzzard' is a Sears FF18.

Willie had been lusting after a Sears FF for some time.

About a year ago, he saw one on CL and posted here about it but bemoaning the fact that he couldn't get it due to lack of funds. 

However, he was able to get it after all.

The whole story is here:

http://gardentractor...-shave-my-head/

Edited by OldBuzzard, May 20, 2015 - 07:03 AM.

• DougT, Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#2992 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 08:33 PM

Do women not know what a fuel gauge is for?

A guy called last night about 9 and said he wanted to buy the camper, but could not come til he got off work. I told him I would wait up. He called back at 1145. HE only had $400 for a non refundable deposit. He will bring the rest to me by the end of the week. If he doesn't pay in 2 months he forfeits it.

IT was about 330 before I got to sleep.

I was up at 10.

Steph wanted to go shopping so she and Heath hopped in Christine and left.

$_35.JPG

Since I had the house to myself I smoked a cigar.

While I was enjoying my bliss clad only in my underwear, JacobD called. He wanted to borrow Old Crusty to till his garden. I told him he had to bring me a Dr. Pepper. So I begrudgingly put on pants and went out to awaken him from slumber. He was not happy. The battery was dead. It needs a new positive terminal so it hasn't been charging. I checked the fluids and jump started him. With a groan and a shudder he belched out a cloud of white smoke then settled into a nice smokey idle.

The tiller fired on the first pull of the rope.

Once the little trailer was attached to the back of the Furd Jacob was driving and Crusty was safely aboard he headed out. I came back inside where it was air conditioned. I was sweating.

Steph got home and I sent an email off to a guy who had a portable garage on CL. I figured it was long gone. It wasn't. I told him I would meet him in 45 minutes in Hickory and headed off.

As I got in the truck Steph told me I could only got 3 miles before Christine was empty. PPPTTTTTHTHTHTHTHT.

SO I went the opposite way to the wretched hive of scum and villainy known as Walmart. After fueling the USS Christine I hit the highway and engaged the hyperdrive, poured in the liquid Schwartz and was soon going plaid to make up time.

I passed two news trucks on the way out. I called Steph to find out what was going on.

http://www.wsoctv.co.../gCStQ/#7303741

I made it in no time to Hickory and got the garage. It is brand new in the box. Since I assume you have all seen a box before I didn't take any pictures. I had 2 ratchet straps and no ratchet. I did have one bungie cord. Since the box was tucked up under the tool box I figured that was enough even though I couldn't close the tailgate.

I was hungry enough to eat the steering wheel so I went to Jack-in-the-Box and got some grub.

On the way home I cruised at sublight not taking any chances loosing my cargo.

Jacob sent me a text and told me he wasn't going to give Crusty back. He said he couldn't go back to a walk behind tiller. LOL. I told him I would be home in 30 minutes. I was home in about 25. He showed up at 30 minutes on the nose.

I pried Crusty from his hands and put him to bed. He gave me some beer for the loan of the tractor.

Jacob had to look at everything in the yard. Borrowed a tool and left. I came inside. Steph went to get something she forgot at the store.

Tomorrow I get to assemble a garage.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2993 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 08:42 PM

Do women not know what a fuel gauge is for? Nope, and God forbid the Oil light comes on, They think it is like the "Check Engine" light and keep driving it. :mad2:

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2994 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 11:06 PM

Yikes on that accident!

• Craig. said thank you

#2995 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted May 21, 2015 - 08:50 AM

Do women not know what a fuel gauge is for? Nope, and God forbid the Oil light comes on, They think it is like the "Check Engine" light and keep driving it. :mad2:

Every weekend I come home, and Saturday morning we use my wifes vehicle for the family car.  I get in, look at the gas gauge its always around 1/4 to E.  She stops puts 10-15 dollars on it, drives on, and does this every day.  I have told her 900 times to just fill it completely up.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2996 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 21, 2015 - 06:04 PM

I can see clearly now!

Last night was rough. Or possibly ruff. Gunner was sick. We would lay down for a while then he would start choking and we had to jump up and run him outside or we had a mess. IT was around 4 before I even began to doze off. I know that Steph got up one more time with him because she woke me up closing the door.

At around 1030 I woke up and realized that he was not in the house. I went to the door and called him and he came right in. Whatever was wrong is over with Thankfully.

I tried to get some more sleep, but it didn't happen.

see.jpg

At 12 Heath's speech therapist came. He did really good. HE is finally starting to talk to her. Although not what she wants him to say.

Steph left to get some rabbit feed.

Heath was being quiet so I went to look, I found him multi-tasking..,

ssh1.jpg

I have had one torn contact lens for a while. It has recently gotten so bad that I could not wear it. Last night I was trying to clena my pistol and I had to keep taking my glasses off to see what I was doing then I couldn't find anythign that wasn't directly in my face. I decided it was time for an visit to the eye doc.

Steph wanted to go withe me so she had to ride in the bed of Christine. She loved it.

$245 later and I have new contacts, and have new glasses on order. The doc said I needed bifocals, but I could get by with readers if I wanted. It is cheaper so I do. I have done that for a couple years now.

We took a run  by Harbor Freight because I needed some air line fittings. Mine are leaking badly. I also got a couple of pairs of safety classes that were on clearance, and a discounted 40 in ch strait edge.

Heath was gettign hungry and was really fussy which is unusual for him. We went across the street to steak and shake.

I quickly lost my shake.

ssh2.jpg

ssh.jpg

He inhaled a bowl of mac and cheese and a bunch of fries to go with it.

Then we headed home.

I showed Steph the battle plan for tomorrow. Hopefully we get it all done since I can see now.

Edited by KennyP, May 21, 2015 - 06:38 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2997 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 22, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Great day.

Had a descent amount of sleep last night.

Steph and Heath were up and outside before I crawled out of bed.

happy_coffee.jpg

I got out there and loaded the heads for the 88 on Christine and Heath and I left for the machine shop.

First we had to stop at AutoZone and get an engine gasket set. I let Heath pick out some candy and a drink. He got Dr Pepper and M&ms. The guy at AZ was amazed at how well behaved Heath was. Made me proud.

Then we headed off to the far side of Shelby to the machine shop.

you may be happy, but you will never be as happy as a 3 year old with a Dr Pepper and M&Ms riding in a pickup with his dad on a beautiful Friday.

drpmm.jpg

We dropped off the heads and chatted with the machine shop guy a while.

Steph sent em a text that she found a nest of fire ants while she was cleaning up outside and had to come in side. I told her I would find some stuff to fix that problem on the way home.

So we ran by Lowe's. Heat rode in the front of the buggy standing up like he was on the bow of a ship. People were laughing at him.

We got some stuff to murder insects with then checked out. Heath stole a dollar from me when I got my change. NO idea why.

We headed home with Heath steadily singing out what color every truck on the road was.

Steph was back outside and found her own cure for the ants. She raked up all the grass on top of the mound and set it on fire. Effective and just a tad vengeful.

I got to work cleaning out the car port. It has collected a ton of junk over the winter. Most of the stuff came out of one guys garage that I cleaned out.

The Hemorrhoid was down the hill with a bunch of wood loaded on the trailer. Steph managed to get it all on but couldn't get it off.  SO Heath and I hopped on the Falcon and rode down. She walked.

We got it all unloaded and then Heath and I hopped back on the falcon and started around the burn pile. The hemorrhoid went about 20 feet and ran out of gas. So I pulled in behind the trailer and pushed her back up the hill.

A drink of gas and she was off again.

I had a stack of tires under the carport that were all oddball sizes that I have not been able to sell for 9 months. We loaded them up on the little trailer and I will take them to the tire shop and give them to him. Maybe he can sell them.

Finally it was 530. I was tired. Steph was worn out. Heath was climbing a tree.

Steph showed me the new born bunnies. They are tiny. They will taste so good.

Temps were in the mid 70s all day. Beautiful day to be running around.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2998 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 06:25 PM

Having to do this post in stages because my computer is having a hissy fit. Please bear with me.

I am tired.

THis morning I was the first one up. Steph and Heath begrudgingly joined me.

dharma-coffee-logo-lost.png

Once we had the little trailer hooked up to Christine, Heath and I headed off to the tire shop. I unloaded all the oddball tires on Tony. He has no idea what he is going to do with them. I told him to make tire swings in the shop.

Then we headed up to Lincolnton  and got fuel for Christine. After swinging thru Bojangles drive thru we headed north to Hickory.

If I am ever wanted by the FBI I am going to move to Hickory and send them my address. They will never find me.

See attached map for confusing streets. That is just what I found when I typed in 1st st.
hickorymap.JPG

We found the house and took a look at the tractor. It was an 03 MTD. The guy said it had a bent pulley on the deck. I couldn't tell anything kneeling in the weeds behind his house so I paid him and left with it.

I stopped at the car wash and blasted it off on the way home. IT was nasty.

The clicking in the front of CHristine has gotten horrible. I was determined to find it.

We got it up in the air and I shook it till I thought I was going to pull it off the jack stands. No noise at all. I jacked up the suspension and dropped it. Nothing. I beat and banged and wailed on it. Nothing. Then Steph reached blindly under the bumper and hit the bumper support bracket. IT clicked. I got in the cab and had her bang it around. It is exactly what I was hearing going down the road. IT got a zip tie since the bolt hole is long since worn out. Hopefully that fixes it.

Then I got to the tractor. I poured some Seafoam in the carb and jumped started it. She fired up and died. I poured in more Seafoam then put some gas in the tank and tried it again. It fired up and smoked like a house on fire. Once the Seafoam cleared out of the carb it ran great.

I backed it off the trailer and parked it so we could pull the deck off of it.

Sure enough one of the pulleys was wonky. I turned it and it swung back straight. I flipped the deck up to look under it and the pulley fell off.

The bolt was bent and had lost the nut. So Steph found a nut and I got a hammer and persuaded the bolt back on the straight and narrow. With the reinstalled we did a quick cleanup and then I took it for a drive. It works perfect. It will make someone a nice mower.

mtd1.jpg mtd1.jpg

After I shot a video of the tractor I was done. Tiredness hit me like a heavy wet blanket. I dragged myself in side and parked myself in my chair. I am done.

Edited by UncleWillie, May 23, 2015 - 06:53 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2999 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 07:24 PM

Let's go racing boys!!!

Last night at 945 I was out like a light. I swear this sleep schedule is going to drive m insane. 

At 500 I was up. So I made coffee. 

racincoffee.jpg

I was channel surfing and I came across the Monaco Grand Prix. I forgot it was on today. 

I think Lewis Hamilton was cheated by his team. 

Then I got a call on the tractor about 9. A guy on a 4x4 site I am on wanted it. So I told him when the race was over I would haul it up. 

Steph and Heath were up by that time so Steph Helped me get the trailer hooked up and jump start the tractor. 

I stopped at Lowe's on the way up to see if they had any keys because the one that I was giving the guy with the MTD was my last Delta key. 

All Lowe's had was a universal key that is both Delta and Indak. I figured I would try it. 

http://www.lowes.com...&Ntt=arnold key

They seem to work just fine. 

I dropped off the tractor to the guy. It started right up and he drove it into his back yard. 

I dropped the trailer off at the house and then headed up to get Jared. 

On they way up the guy who bought the tractor called and said it would not start after eh put a new battery in it. I told him to check the solenoid and jump it out. I had another one at home I could bring him tomorrow since I was about a hour away by then, 

He called back about 20 minutes later and said he took the solenoid out of his old mower and it started right up. Odd that the solenoid went out right after he bought it. Maybe it likes me better. 

My two girls are at their grandmothers house. I talked to them a bit then Jared and I headed home. 

JacobD contacted me and said he wanted the little Dixon zero turn I had so I told him to come get it. 

I got home in time to catch the last 10 laps of the Indy 500. Glad to see JPM win. 

Jacob arrived.  

He showed up in a huge Ford Diesel truck to get the tiny mower. While he was there I had him pull the BlueOx out from under the tree Jared and I are going to drop tomorrow. The Hemorrhoid cannot manage to pull 8400 pounds up hill. 

After He left Jared and I watched a movie. Then the Coca Cola 600 came on so we are watching that now. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3000 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 07:30 PM

I'm confused....who is Jared and what is BlueOx?