• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 05:10 AM

Good story of your adventures. Guess the hat is broken in now.
  • TenPn, laurarg3, brendajb18 and 6 others have said thanks

#17 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thanks for " torturing" us with yet another great story Wagon :-) :thumbs: Liking the hat, BTW.

#18 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:35 AM

That was a fun read and a nice hat

#19 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for the great story. If you and your wife are together almost 24/7 you must have a great relationship!

I also like the hat!

#20 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the ride along MBWW. I liked the story and you have a good handle on how to make it entertaining.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

#21 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the great story. If you and your wife are together almost 24/7 you must have a great relationship!

I also like the hat!

It is great being married to your best friend. We have our bad spot but we have learned if we just let each other get mad we will get over it.

#22 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 05:57 PM

Yesterday ended with the idiot who had called me a 330 in the morning sending me a threatening text saying I had better watch what I say to him because he runs with a biker gang. I wasn't impressed and told him so. When that didn't work he started being nice again and wanted me to come at night to get the car again. I declined. Told him I would come in the daytime but not at night after he had threatened me. He never got back with me. If I go my trusty 12 gauge will go with me.

We stuck a movie in the DVD player in the bedroom and started watching it. Wife said I made it all of 15 minutes and was out. This morning the roosters crowed as I was making coffee. After checking email, and securing my hat on my head I was out the door and we were gone.

Since we knew what we were getting into today Steph took her truck and little trailer too. One quick stop at a friends garage to return some parts off of a car we scrapped for him, and look at his new AR-15 and SKS and we headed up the interstate.

A nice cruise while chatting and telling inappropriate jokes over the 2-way radios was a fun way to spend the morning. We got off the interstate and I was lured into Sheetz by the smell of hash browns. Once inside, however, realized that I had not eaten anything since the hamburger yesterday at 5pm. I was seduced by 2 breakfast burritos, hash browns, and coffee. Delicious breakfast. Steph had doughnuts and hot chocolate. Heath had anything that we got close enough for him to grab - which was most of my hash browns.

A short drive later we pulled into the old MF dealership, a couple of minutes to set up Heaths portacrib thingy, and then we got right to work. Heath supervised carefully.

Behind the building there was a metal crate that contained about 40-50 old fire extinguishers that the wanted gone. We dumped it on the trailer and then Steph hopped up to make them into a little neater pile so we could get more stuff on the trailer.

As the property owner and I stood planning our next move - Steph disappeared into a cloud of white. She had broken the valve off of one of the extinguishers. Hacking and gagging, she stumbled into view, looking a bit like the Pillsbury doughgirl. Solid white from head to toe. I know it was wrong, but I laughed. Sorry no picture I was laughing too hard. After getting her some water and brushing her off we went back to work. Had to stop on the way home and wash the truck. I couldn't see out any windows.

The owner had bought a drum lifting rig from Northern tool and it worked perfect. In short order everything was loaded and all the drums that had anything in them were safely in doors away from the prying eyes of the inspector.

I got a barrel with 30 gallons of Methanol Antifreeze. Now when I change tractor tires I can reload them.

At 145 we were strapped down.

Heath had to inspect the load from my side
Posted Image

And from Stephs side.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

He declared it good and off we went.

At the interstate I was lured once again into Sheetz. This time by 3 hotdogs with chili, cheese, onions, relish, bacon, and mustard.
Posted Image
Ohh it was good, but I have used up my junk food allowance for the next 5 months I think. Steph had pizza. Heath had a nap.

After lunch we split up and Steph went on her way to a discount meat store to buy dead animals to refill the freezer. I am hoping there is steak on the grill soon.

Heath and I went to a manly store. Northern Tool. While poking around he took a slightly different approach to sitting in the buggy.
Posted Image
He was making engine sounds and every time I stopped he shook the buggy.
All the women were ohhing and ahing over him.

I grabbed the last drum lifter so I can unload that half full antifreeze drum and move this full drum of fuel oil from yesterday.

When we almost got home something electrical went wrong with the BlueOx. I have no idea what yet, but I have a feeling that a ground wire broke. All the gauges went haywire and the transmission quit shifting. Fortunately I was about a mile from the house so first gear was just fine. Tomorrow morning I will figure it out.

For now, my new hat sat down with my old hat to find out what its future holds in store. It is having second thoughts.
Posted Image
  • KennyP said thank you

#23 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:15 PM

It sure is a good thing Heath was there to supervise. You would have had a mess on your hands if he hadn't. :smilewink:

#24 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:17 PM

New outdoor bathtub for Heath?
Posted Image

Edited by Cat385B, December 05, 2012 - 06:17 PM.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#25 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Sorry, Steph, but I had to laugh about the fire extinguisher. I'm glad Heath approved your load, can't bypass the inspector.
  • UncleWillie said thank you

#26 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:39 PM

Much better just having a long thread about your happenings, just like I do about the farm. Plus if that crackhead has an early demise & someone tries to frame you, then you'll have proof of what you were doing about that time! (well, one of us mods may have to edit in an alibi for ya's lol)
If you wanted, we could merge your other thread into this one?

#27 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:43 PM

Sure Merge away.

I had to make a run up to a friends house to pay him for a part I sold for him. ON the way I stopped at a gas station out in the country. Went in and didn't have my wallet to I walked back out to the truck.

In the parking lot there were 4 people who were going in the store who were wearing clothes that I wouldn't wear for work clothes. They were searching the parking lot for change. I kinda felt sorry for them.

Until I got back inside and they came in to buy lottery tickets.

#28 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 02:40 PM

This morning the alarm went off at 6am and my body said, "No ways, Jose." Since I am self employed I consulted with the boss and went back to sleep. At 10 my eyes popped open and said, "OK, Let's do this!"

Again the morning ritual of coffee, clothes, email, and GTT. About halfway thru the email my phone barked - text message notification. A guy wanted me to come today and get a bunch of misc car parts. Hat firmly ensconced on my head, and pistol on my side I went out the door into the cool overcast morning. Since the BlueOx is a bit sickly, I quickly unloaded the little trailer and stole the wife's S10 - that she affectionately call Christine - and headed south.

Winding down back roads lost in my own thoughts, and pouring several cups of mud from my thermos; I came to the house in about 45 minutes. Pulled up in the yard and was greeted by two of the nicest Korean teens I have ever met in my life.

In a short order we had the trailer loaded with two aluminum engine blocks, all the engine internals, two radiators, two catalytic converters. An unknown mower deck, and lots of other misc parts. I handed them a wad of cash, lit a cigar, and headed home.

Close to the house I called the wife and told her to bundle Heath up and put him in his swing and meet me in the back yard.

She unhooked the trailer while I tinkered with other stuff. Then she went to the Hemorrhoid to use it to move the jet-ski out the the middle of the work area. Battery was dead. So she hopped on the DragonFly. Battery was dead. So she hopped in Christine. I hooked her up and she was off down thru the field to deposit the little watercraft for later use in Heaths playground.

Meanwhile I was giving Heath the ride of his life in his swing.

With Heath laughing and yelling I went to the dog pen and released the hounds.

You know how a balloon flies all over when you release it? Multiply that by 30000 and you will have what happenens with the dogs. They crashed and jumped and fell and tumbled and generally had a good old time. Heath got lots of slobbery kisses - which made him laugh and yell more.

Then they saw that Steph was down the hill. Both mutts hit the after burners and rocketed the 400 yards to the bottom of the field in seconds and pounced on her. Carmel jumped in the open door of Christine and refused to get out until she had a ride. Diesel continued to run around in circles like a crazed Kangaroo.

Back up the hill Carmel disembarked, gave Heath more kisses. Then began to jump on and over every thing in the yard. After a good workout they went back to their pens, jumped in their pool, and I released the chickens to hunt for whatever chickens hunt for. The mad dash for the tall grass is always a hilarious sight.

My feet and back said enough is enough and I called it a day. Repairing the BlueOx will just have to wait till tomorrow.

Steph is baking cookies for her class party tonight. Heath is in his walker chasing the cat around. I am sitting and relaxing for the first time this week.

Tonight the house is all mine as Steph and Heath go to the party. I may just melt into my recliner and not move till they get back.

The hat is resting up for tomorrow.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, December 06, 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#29 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 03:50 PM

New outdoor bathtub for Heath?
Posted Image

LOL Hadn't thought about that. I think it is going ot be a parts washer. The inside is perfectly clean. Looks like it was never used.

Sorry, Steph, but I had to laugh about the fire extinguisher. I'm glad Heath approved your load, can't bypass the inspector.

Inspector is tough.

#30 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 03:50 PM

Yeaaaa my freds have been merged.