wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 05:35 PM

Some people you just can't be nice to.

Yesterday afternoon we heard the neighbor fire several shots. Steph saw something that she thought was one of her chickens flopping around on the ground. When she went out to pen up the chickens last night three were missing. They have never failed to come home.

She called the police and they and animal control showed up. We told them our story (Including that after he was told to stay out of the yard he mowed a big chunk of it) then they went next door. I stood out back and listened. He told them that he didn't shoot at all yesterday and that he mowed a portion of my yard because I never mowed (a big lie this is the only time that we have lived here that the yard needs cutting). SO he admitted that he knew he trespassed and they let him off. I was not happy, but maybe he will stay on his side of the line.

My shoulder was killing me so no sleep last night.

At some time after daylight I got up and made coffee.

liar.jpg

Steph got up and we loaded up the garbage on the little trailer and she left for the dump.

I got the purple power out and did some more cleaning on the truck.

Now I need to pick the rear up with a crane and clean under the cab.

Once that was done I was through. My arm was killing me.

I sat down a while and then went out to look at the truck again. It still needed to be degrease, especially under the bed. So I called Steph and told her to stop and get a pump sprayer and a gallon of Purple Power. The spray bottle was killing my hand.

When she got home I mixed up 50/50 with hot water. IT cut a bunch of crud out, Still some to go on the bed.

88v.jpg

88g.jpg

88f.jpg

After that my arm was reallllly hurting.

I flopped down in my chair and refused to get up again.

Steph left for class and I turned train videos on for Heath. After a couple of hours I summoned the strength to get in the shower.

I start the steroids tomorrow morning. Hopefully they help.

Edited by UncleWillie, May 06, 2015 - 05:40 PM.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2972 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 03:50 PM

Kind of an easy day.

Not much sleep last night. I tossed and turned on the couch till about sunrise then i dozed off till around 10.

GarfieldCoffee_106.jpg

I grabbed the gas can and filled up everything that I could till it was empty. Heath and I left at 1130 to go to get paint. Steph started mowing the yard. I told her to drop the deck as low as it would go and mow straight down the property line. She did.

Autozone didn't have enough paint so I got all they had and went to Advance where they had none.

We went to Wal-mart and they had it - cheaper than Autozone. Dangit. Oh well I had $20 free on my AZ card. Heath got a sucker - pink lemonade flavor.

After filling up the truck and the gas can we headed home.

Heath and I stayed in side while Steph mowed. His speech therapist showed up and I left them alone in the living room. She kept telling him to sit down so I went in. He was on the back of the couch. I snapped my fingers and he was instantly sitting where he should.

I made a couple of calls about engines and I found one for $350 with a 30 day warranty, Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Steph finished mowing and Heath and I went outside.

Heath took a dip in the pressure washer tank.

tankboy.jpg

Steph and I moved the gantry crane with the Hemorrhoid then flipped the bed of the 88 over.

(Link to pics in Sig)

After a repair on the chain fall cover that kept falling off I lifted the back of the 88 as high as it would go. The underside is super nasty. It got hosed with purple power and left.

It clouded up and looked like rain so we came in.

Steph found a chicken with her wing shot off. She put in a call to animal control again. They will come out tomorrow. I have a feeling the neighbor is screwed.

Steph left for class. Heath is watching trains. I am hurting. Steroids not doing much yet.

I am updating my glossary,

Edited by UncleWillie, May 07, 2015 - 04:13 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2973 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 08, 2015 - 06:46 PM

Whew it was a long day.

Last night I actually got a descent amount of sleep. I am still exhausted though.

584.jpg

We got outside pretty early. Steph and I spent some time moving all the hoses and cords that were in the way of her mowing. I put a fuel shutoff valve on Crusty because I have noticed that the carb dribbles when it sits. Then I fired it up and drove it out of the way.

I hosed more degreaser under the cab and then we tossed an old tire and a strap in the bed of Christine and Heath and  I headed down to the salvage yard in Dallas.

Heath was not happy to be there with me till he got a drink out of the machine. Then the whole place could have burned down and he would not have cared.

ON teh way back Steph called me and said a guy whas there and wanted a mower engine. I was about `0 minutes away. They said they would wait.

I got there and he bought a 12hp Briggs that has been in the shop forever. I actually forgot it was there. He saw the 20 HP Kholer4 and wanted it. He didn't get it.

I fired up the pressure washer and attacked the cab. I got one layer of gunk off but there is more to go. It is baked on. Hard to get off.

We tried to hook up the engine to the mobile crane. The crane would not work. I found the plug is out of it and it has no oil.

SO I backed Christine around and we got the non mobile cherry picker and picked it up.

Compression and leak down tests showed it has a blown head gasket or cracked head between cylinders 2 and 4. Not a big deal since I wanted to go ahead and do the heads any how and I have 2 sets of heads if these are cracked.

IT sounded pretty good turning over so I am not worried about the bottom end.

I found out who has been stealing my tools.

583.jpg

No pictures because I figured ya'll already knew what a nasty 350 looks like.

While I was testing it my neighbor, Paul, showed up. He is about 75 years old and just likes to stop by and chat on occasion. I showed him the tiller and the garden. He finally had to go.

We found this guy

581.jpg

582.jpg

I was told he is an American Carion Beetle. I checked. I am still alive.

We got it set on an engine stand and started to pull it apart. Thing is super nasty.

While I was tearing it down Jared sent me a text to come get him. I didn't realize it was Friday. So I cleaned up and left.

There is a little grill by his grandmothers house. We went there and had burgers.

We had to stop at Wal-Mart on the way home. I had to get Jack oil and a couple other things. If you go there now you may be able to get it with a $2 rebate.

I also got Jared a 12v air compressor for his birthday. Now he can air up flats on his tractor.

Steph wanted Chik-fil-a for supper so we went through the drive through.

It looked like a nursing home and dumped off a bus load there. I have never seen so many old people in one place in a long time. I think I was the youngest driver there. One poor old woman was driving the wrong way around the building. I was just glad to make it out alive.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2974 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 08, 2015 - 06:51 PM

It was pointed out to me last night that the Buzzard did not make it into the new glossary. I have now rectified that oversight.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2975 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 05:13 PM

Let us spray!

I got nearly no sleep last night. I tossed and turned. At 5am the nutso neighbor was running some kind of small engine.

At around 9 Steph got up. I dragged myself out of bed at 11 after about 3 total hours of sleep.

coffee-fragrance2.jpg

Jared and i got right outside. He started to work on his exhaust and hosed the engine down with degreaser and then hit the truck with it again. One again I fired up the pressure washer and attacked everything.

Jared couldn't get the muffler on so I went over to look. This particular exhaust has a small pipe that is about 2 inches long that bolts from the engine to the muffler. The flange needed to be turned about 15 degrees to make it work. I made a mark on it with a sharpie and we called the welder.

I showed Jared how the leakdown tester worked. He thought it was pretty neat.

I came in to get the spray paint I bought a couple of days ago. IT is nowhere to be found. We searched everywhere. I am sure that Heath has a stash of semi-gloss black Rustoleum somewhere.

While we searched Graham called and said he had a flat tire. I told him if he brought it to me I would plug it. He said he would after he ate lunch.

Jared and I headed off to Wal-mart. We got paint, 2 spray handles, a mothers day gift for Steph and some Dr. Pepper.

We got home and the welder was there. I showed him what we needed and he headed off.

Graham showed up with a tire. I put a plug in it and he went home.

Jared put the muffler on his tractor then he came over and we painted the frame on the 88.

I told him to go start his tractor up. It would not start. I went over and looked at it. I pulled the fuel line off and dribbled some in the carb. IT started and died. As I sat there scratching my head I saw the anti-fire valve. We were looking at how to wire it when we had to stop last weekend.

We found a switch and wired it to the hot on the solenoid. IT started right up.

594.jpg

591.jpg

59.jpg

595.jpg

Looking at the picture he took He forgot to tighten the screws up. LOL

We went back and finished painting. Still no signs of the other cans of paint.

IT was starting to cloud up so Jared put up tools and covered everything up and we headed in.

My shoulder is killing me. Jared's back is hurting. He is proud of how much we got done though. He even said something about it.

More pics updated in my album linked in my signature.

Edited by UncleWillie, May 09, 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#2976 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 06:18 PM

Might want to check Heath's walls for black paint!

• Craig., UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2977 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 05:49 PM

Not feeling so hot today.

Slept fairly descent. but I think the steroids are messing with me. Tomorrow is the last day for them.

Coffee stuff Warning some adult language.

I didn't' want to get going at all today, but eventually we got outside and cleaned up the Bolens that I am going to be selling soon. IT didn't clean up as nice as I wanted it to so I will be selling it for a bit less.

Steph wanted to play with the pressure washer so I got to looking around for something to do. I saw the Falcon.

About a year ago I bought a seat for a tractor. Since the Falcon is going to be handling the mowing duties till I can afford to rebuild the deck of the Hemorrhoid it needed a better seat.

The old seat did not want to come off. 30 years of butt sweat had rusted the bolts on tight. I got the cutoff wheel out and whacked it off.

None of the bolt holes lined up so I needed to make a mount. After a quick look around the yard I decided to use the old seat pan.

Steph had finished with the washing so she came over to help me.

Heath was naked and running around the yard.

With the whole bottom cut off the old seat pan I drilled some holes and then we went over to the tractor. Since we were using the seat pan it would still be adjustable - IF i could get it to mount up.

Since the old bolt was FUBAR we broke out the little FarmHand wire welder and put it to use. We could not find the welding helmet anywhere. So I aimed the head and closed my eyes. IT is some of the ugliest welding you have ever seen, but it worked. No one can see it under the seat.

Now it is all nice an comfy and still adjustable. Steph will have trouble reaching the clutch.

seat.jpg

I went over to let the 88 down off the gantry crane and the chain fall would not release. I took the cover off it and gave it a spin and it released. I was not sure how I was going to get it down if it didn't work.

Once that was on the ground I shot the stuff that was over Jared's head with black paint.

Steph aired up the tires on her truck and I came in. By upper back was sore and I feel like I have been run over by a tank.

#2978 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 04:54 PM

Much ado....

Yesterday I got out and wrestled all the mower carcasses off the big trailer and on to the little one. I got about half of them by myself then I had to call Steph away from slaughtering rabbits to help me.

Heath, fearless little monkey, decided that the one of the top of the load was a good place to drive.

5141.jpg

After that my shoulder was done.

Another sleepless night and I was up again.

5142.png

We went outside and put the one tractor carcass that would not fit on the trailer in Christine's bed along with the pressure washer that had to go back to Grady. That carcass was heavy even though it was barely more than a frame.

With the trailer off of the Hemorrhoid and onto Christine I headed off.

514.jpg

First the scrap yard. A guy there wanted the tires off of a carcass. I told him they were garbage. He didn't believe me till he looked at them.

The loader operator bent my trailer trying to slide the carcasses on the expanded metal floor. Turned out I hauled 3500 pounds down with Christine. She earns her keep.

Once I cashed the check I headed off to the battery guy.

When I got off of 321 onto 150 there were State Troopers and ambulances coming at me. I waited even though the light was green and the people behind me kept honking. I pointed at the flashing lights and they quit.

I snagged a couple of batteries and then dropped the pressure wasxher off at Grady's shop.

One of the batteries was for the Hemorrhoid. I installed it and start6ed it up. It would not shut off. I had been able to pull the choke and it would die. This time it didn't. So I yanked off the right side plug wire. No shock. Steph yanked off the left side. She got a good shock.

SO off came the engine cover. I managed to break the fuel pump outlet tube off in the process. Dangit.

Under the cover we found the wire to the left side coil was mangled by the flywheel. How it managed to get there is beyond me.

While Steph fixed that I tried to figure out how to fix the pump. We attempted to plastic weld it. Not go. SO I searched around and found a brass nipple that was the right size. I cut the end off of it. We heated it up and stuck it in the hole. It went right in place.

With the pump back together I reached for the key. Not there. I guess Heath added it to his collection. So I pulled the one out the Falcon and started the Hemorrhoid up. Then shut her right off. Nice.

Since the battery guy did not have a used battery I had to buy a new one. IT was all of $30. Since it was new it was not leaving in the Bolens. I stuck it in the Falcon and we carted the Falcons old battery to the Bolens.

No bolts for the battery. Oh well. Steph had to go out anyway.

Once all the tools were put away I staggered inside. My back is very unhappy.

Edited by UncleWillie, May 14, 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#2979 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Well, you were busy!

• Craig. said thank you

#2980 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 08:56 AM

When our boys were little we attached bright yellow ear tags for cattle to most of the keys. they were a bit of a nuisance but made the keys so much easier to find.   :big_hug:  

• Craig. said thank you

#2981 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 07:18 PM

Got some seat time today.

This morning Steph and Heath were up before me. I got to sleep around 5am.

As I was laying in the bed about 11 they both came in. ONce Heath started bouncing no more sleep. So I got up.

cat.jpg

They stayed in the bedroom while I checked email and watched a couple of videos.

This one is a good tribute to teh fallen heroes here at home.

Jared sent me a text that he was going to be home early so I could pick him up early.

IO went back to the bedroom. Steph, Heath, and Gunner were sleeping in a pile. I woke them up and we all headed outside.

First the Falcons rear end was picked way up so the blades could be yanked off and sharpened. It wasn't so much cutting as it was bludgeoning the grass to death. One blade was super out of balance.

Then we hooked up the new battery in the Bolens. It fired right up. IT still needed an air filter.

Then I ran down the hill in Christine and snagged the hood off of the old fai6thful and long gone WarWagon. I tossed in Grady's hose that I forgot to take to him yesterday and then hooked up the trailer.

Steph drove the Falcon on board and I headed off to Grady's shop.

hood.jpg

We will see what kind of magic he can work with it.

Then I stopped for Gas and coffee - I left my thermos at home.

A guy in the parking lot was trying to buy the AG tires off the Falcon.

The gas station only had instant coffee. UGK. I got gas and went down the road to the Kangaroo station. I got a hotdog and a cup of real coffee.

About an hour and a half later I got to Jared's Grandmothers house.

I looked under his mower and could not see where the blades were hitting. I tried to start it up and nothing. So we jumped it off with Christine.

Sure enough the blades were beating on something. I lifted the guard and could see them tapping the edge of the deck. SO we bent that out and started it again. I picked up the guard and it stopped. The guard has a piece of steel under it that was bent down. A little love with a BFH and it was all good.

I hopped on the Falcon and we started mowing. I had her in 6th gear and she just mowed everything - grass, sticks, limbs, small animals, slow elderly people. I did hit one hole that nearly bucked me off. That new seat is nice.  In 45 minutes we had the 2 acres mowed and things loaded up and we were off.

We stopped by Lowe's to get an air filter and some cable wire. Then to TSC to look for tractor keys ( we looked at Lowe's), they had none.  Then we walked over to the new little sears outlet next door. He could order keys but they were $6 each. Nope. He has just opened the store so I talked to him a bit. He showed me an electric start push mower which was cool.

We finally headed home.

Steph had rabbit BBQ cooked for dinner. I am on my 6th sandwich now.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2982 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 06:36 PM

I declared today junk food Saturday.

Getting a little more sleep at night but still not all that much. 

I crawled out of bed at 1145 after 4 hours of sleep. 

5166.jpg

Jared left his work clothes at home so he and I loaded up in Christine and headed off to buy some. 

We ran by Dollar General and they had a $2 shirt. The only shorts they had were in my size. I got Heath a Thomas the tank engine toy. I also snagged a bag gumdrops, a bag of cookies, a Powerade for Jared, a pair of sunglasses Jared wanted ( the most expensive item) and a Dr Pepper. $16 and we were off. 

We stopped at the ice machine and got 2 16 pound bags of ice. On the second one I messed up and hit the button for the 20 pounds that you put in a cooler. As I stood there scratching my head as to what I could do a guy pulled up and pulled out a cooler. He gave me $2 and I had Jared load the filled cooler in his truck. He was a nice guy. He was getting ice for a church activity. 

We dropped in on my buddy's tire shop and got the name of the machine shop for the heads on the 88. Then we ran by Walmart and dropped $10.45 on a pair of shorts. 

Back at home the ice went in the freezer, Jared got his work clothes on and we went outside. 

Heath was eating gumdrops by the hand full and running around naked outside. 

I put the filter in the Bolens and shot a video of it so I can list it. I had to try 5 times to get the video. On one take Gunner came running up with a rabbit head from one that got slaughtered. 

Finally got the video uploading and I started Jared pulling stuff off the engine for the 88. 
Steph anD I got to investigating the thump in the front end of Christine. She found the brake caliper on the right side was moving. The bushing in it is worn out. I poses no danger it is just irritating. I will get the parts to fix it this week. 

Jared started out putting the push rods in a box.
5165.jpg
5164.jpg

But we didn't have another one for the head bolts. SO I snagged an old drawer and made a reusable one. We cut a piece of an old sign for the bottom. 
516.jpg

Heath lined gumdrops on the back steps and he and Gunner ate them all. 
5163.jpg
Once we had the heads off it was obvious that the gasket was blown between #3 and 5.  NO big problem at all. I forgot to take a picture. 

We picked up all the tools and came inside. 
5162.jpg

I hopped in the shower and removed a few pounds of grunge. 

Tomorrow we will clean up the engine some and pull the oil pan. 

Jared is learning. He has never done anything to an engine before. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#2983 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 08:53 PM

Good for all of you to have a stress free day.

Jarod will have a new appreciation for what makes things tick now

• Craig. said thank you

#2984 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 04:37 PM

Engine is coming right along.

I got some sleep last night, but my sleep schedule is so messed up I woke up at noon.

5175.jpeg

After I did my email checks and other online stuff Jared and I headed outside.

Shortly after we got out there Steph and heath came out. Steph murdered more bunnies. Heath tried to drink 5 gallons of Gatorade.

Here is the before pic of the head gasket that blew.

5174.jpg 5173.jpg

Then Jared got out the die grinder and the scotchbrite wheels and got it all cleaned up.

I worked on Grady's Weedeater. His recoil was pulled out and the throttle cable was broken. After I got the recoil wound up I pulled the cable off a  junk weed whacker I had an made it fit. Mangled my finger in the process. Super glue to the rescue. 

5171.jpg

Jared got things cleaned up.

5172.jpg

The bottom end has no play in it at all so I am thinking it is fine. I am going to replace the timing set and oil pump while I have it apart.

This week I will take the heads to the machine shop so Jared and I can put them back on next week. He is enjoying it so this has become a father son project and I will just work on it when he is here.

• olcowhand, DougT, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#2985 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 06:01 PM

Not much got done today.

This morning I was still awake when the neighbor left for work - at 530. I crawled out of bed at 1045.

Sleepless_Coffee____by_artgelion.jpg

My shoulder was bothering me so I decided to not do much. Which was a good thing, because Steph had a doc appointment in Charlotte.

Heath and I watched videos and goofed off. Gunner has managed to hurt his front leg and would not even go outside. I cut one of my tramadol in 1/4th and gave it to him. In about an hour he wanted to go outside. I have a feeling that the neighbor kicked him.

I went outside and shot a quick video of the camper so I could list it for sale.

With my super slow internet it took nearly 4 hours for it to upload.

Steph got home and let gunner out again. Evidently the tramadol has baffled his brain because he promptly ran to the house behind ours. She got him back then she left to go to the store. He chased her 1/4 mile up to the stop sigh where she captured him and brought him back.

Now I am doing nothing. Tomorrow I have things to do so  hopefully I will get some sleep tonight.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks