wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 08:39 PM

I will do one better, read my signature 3 minutes from the time of this post. And nobody change it!
  • Craig. said thank you

#2958 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 08:39 PM

I'm still reading. And

Cat is a dodo head

• Craig., WNYTractorTinkerer and stacyg have said thanks

#2959 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,537 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 09:58 PM

I'm still reading. And

Cat is a dodo head

Ditto.

• Craig. said thank you

#2960 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 10:17 PM

I will do one better, read my signature 3 minutes from the time of this post. And nobody change it!

Not quite a quote.
  • wvbuzzmaster and Craig. have said thanks

#2961 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 10:22 PM

Not quite a quote.

It's close enough, and I don't want Cat to blame me entirely for it LOL.
  • WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#2962 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 10:42 PM

Cat is a What?

#2963 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,870 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 01:11 AM

A dodo head, lol.

#2964 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 06:38 PM

Whew.  We packed a lot into a Saturday.

I tried to sleep in this morning. However some dingle berry started calling me at 7am. They kept calling every 10 minutes till I finally answered and was not happy. They had the wrong number.

So I tried to go back to sleep but it wasn't happening. At 8 I heard Heath escape from his room so no more sleep.

Once coffee was made I sent out some more emails for and engine.

clean7.jpg

As Jared and I were going outside about 9 Steph and Heath were back in the bed. She was feeling a bit nauseated.

Jared got started with his engine swap on his little Murray.

clean4.jpg

I changed the oil and spark plug in the pressure then I got to pressure washing again.

Since I had degreaser I attacked Old Crusty again.

clean1.jpg clean2.jpg

I found this on the tiller. I need to get that fixed in a hurry. It was hiding under a ball of grease and dirt.

clean5.jpg

Then I shot the engine compartment in the 88.  I needed something stronger then Simple Green. Steph came out the back door. Her little nap did her good. She had some Purple Power. I shot the engine compartment with that. While it was working I cleaned Christine's engine.

clean.jpg

The 88 cleaned up nice but I neglected to take a picture. I also cleaned the engine compartment on the BlueOx in case someone wants to buy it.

I had the pressure washer and tank on Grady's trailer hooked to the Hemorrhoid. I pulled it aroudn front and started cleaning a particularly nasty place on the house. Once I did that I had to keep going. I didn't realize how bad it looked.

Jared had to lend a hand when my shoulder gave out.

clean6.jpg

When we got that done. Jared went back to his tractor.  I got the push mower fired up. The thing amazes me. I don't take care of it at all. It was not winterized. It has no air cleaner on it, just a dish towel held on with a bungee cord. And it always starts. I am afraid to treat it nice.

The dog pen was about 3 feet tall. The little mower went through it like nothing. I had dog poop impacted in my boots when I finished. However, we have a pressure washer.  I flipped the little mower over and found that the blade resembles a saw more than a mower blade. I will have to sharpen it some day.

Jared had his engine on and could not get the pulley to cooperate. I laid down and got it on. Then he finished up.

Steph left for the store and I gave her a list of stuff to buy. One thing was a muffler. I am going to have to get creative mounting the exhaust to the engine since it didn't fit at all.

The "new" engine had 6 wires on it. The old engine had 2. I came in to look up wiring diagrams and couldn't find anything that helped. So we went back out and pulled the cover off both engines. I eliminated 3 of the wires. I have no idea what they did. The third was for the anti-fire valve on the carb.

I looked for a key on hot wire and couldn't find anything. Nothing seemed to be hot. Made no sense. I hooked the wire straight to the battery with a super long jumper wire and the tractor started right up. All I can figure is the switch is bad and it only starts. It had no exhaust so it was super loud.

Steph got back with the muffler. It is huge. I may look for a smaller one tomorrow at Ace.

Jared picked up the tools and we came in.

Steph cooked Sloppy Joes and boy did they live up to their name. Heath brought his in and put it on my desk for me to put some garlic salt on. He put it on the very edge and let go. It catapulted into my lap.

We got that cleaned up with Gunners help. Then Steph brought me mine. I picked one up and the pinched nerve in my elbow went nuts and I dropped it in my lap. I thought about just getting down in the floor and eating with Gunner. I may need the pressure washer in here to clean up. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2965 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 03:23 PM

The hat is hanging low .

111111111111111111aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

For the last 2 days my right arm has been killing me. The pinched nerve in my elbow has my shoulder hurting too. So not much is going on. I have a docs appointment for tomorrow.

Grady came by to get his trailer. He left the pressure washer for me to use. I plan to pull the bed off the 88 and clean and paint under it.

I was going to pull the bed today, but I got very little sleep last night. I kept dreaming that someone was tearing my arm off, stabbing me in the shoulder, shooting me ... you get the idea. Not a fun night at all. I may sleep on the couch tonight where it has more support.

Just taking it easy for now.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2966 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 04:46 PM

I feel for ya.  I went back out after quitting manure spreading and I think I'm now totally done for the day.

• Craig. said thank you

#2967 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 07:18 PM

Well I got to go see HotDoc today.

I actually got some sleep last night. I slept on the couch where I could prop my shoulder up and not have so much pain. I slept till our pet rat and her babies went bonkers at around sunup then I went back and laid on the bed. I slept off and on till about noon. I am still exhausted.

bed4.jpg

I headed out at 130 to go see the doc. Of course Steph had run the truck almost out of gas and I nearly ran out. I put 5 gallons in an left since that put me behind.

Hotdoc put me on steroids so in a month of so I will be super buff LOL.

steroid-abuse-causes-psychological-disorders.JPG

She started to tell me to avoid repetitive work, but she stopped herself and said she forgot who she was talking to. I told her I would be more than glad to if she would pay all my bills.

I got home and needed to do something. I have been going nuts sitting here. so I went out and pulled the bed off the 88 and hosed it down with Purple Power. I didn't see any rust. Lots of gunk from the engine oil leak. Once I have the bed cleaned I am going to pick the rear of the truck up with the gantry crane and clean under the cab. Then I am going to paint the frame. This will be the cleanest truck I have ever owned.

bed.jpg

bed1.jpg

bed3.jpg

I answered a lot of emails about engines, but so far no one has come down to my price.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2968 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 07:57 PM

Amazing how clean that is underneath.....around here the bed supports would be rusted and the frame would be about rusted off.

#2969 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 08:15 PM

You can tell that 88 has been a southern truck it's whole life. It doesn't like it has much rust at all. Up north that would be another story. I have a 98 K1500 with rust holes in the frame.

#2970 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,702 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 08:17 PM

I had an 88 4wd that I was going to fix up till I looked under it and found that it had been a yankee truck. IT was eat up.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you