Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 08:08 PM

Turkey dinner for Labor Day? I think Thanksgiving is too far off. When an animal assaults a Child here, the animal is gone the next day.

Had a Cat learn the hard way.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#2942 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 10:50 PM

Turkeys can be mean little things, even more so this time of year-mating season.  I used to raise to raise turkeys but gave that and chickens up a few years ago.

#2943 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 12:07 AM

Trustme Larry my first instinct was toreach for the .38 since I was about 75 yards away. No way to do it without endangering Heath. Plus it would have scared the boy to death. Turkey will die soon.
  • MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2944 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 12:25 PM

Murder, most fowl.

murder.jpg

Not a whole lot going on the last couple of days.

I did a leak down test on the engine out of the 88 and found that it has a couple of bad rings.

Unfortunately Steph went bonkers buying "cheap" groceries and spent my engine money. I know we need to eat, but I don't need to eat next months groceries this month. I need an engine. So things are on hold.

I have not been sleeping well at all due to my sinuses. I would have been fine except that she got hot a few nights ago and turned on the ceiling fan. She might as well have sandblasted my head.

Thursday I didn't do much of anything. Friday is when things started to get interesting.

I took Grady's tractor back to him and chatted for a bit then I came home to wait for Jared to call me. When he did I headed up to get him with the trailer.

The engine on his tractor committed suicide so it had to come back.

Shortly before I got there Steph sent me a text and said that the turkey had attacked her and she locked it up in a pen. Just as I I got to Jared I got another text that the next door neighbor had come in the yard and turned the pen upside down to let it loose. I told her to call the cops. She did.

As we drove back I got updates. The cops couldn't do anything. However they called animal control. When I got home Animal control was still there. He said since there was no turkey leash law there was nothing he could do. However since it had attacked 2 people it could be killed in self defense. I told him that Heath was so scared of it he would run and hide every time he heard it. He said next time you see it put it in the freezer. BINGO exactly what I wanted to hear. The biggest reason I wanted her to call the cops was to have it on record that: #1 the bird had attacked Heath and #2 that Bob had trespassed.

Well this morning while I was laying in bed hacking and gagging Steph went out to move the rabbit pens and get some fertilizer. The turkey came in the yard twice and attacked her and was run off by Gunner.  The third time she managed to get it back in the pen.

SO when I could breathe Steph, Jared, and I went out. Heath was watching train videos.

Steph ran the turkey to the back of the pen. I grabbed him by his neck and pulled him out. He is a heavy bird.

IN a short time his head was laying on the ground and his body was hanging from his feet on the chicken pen.

I came in to sharpen the knives and Steph is in full Swedish chef mode outside.

It has rained off and on all morning it doesn't look like I am going to get a lot done.

• olcowhand, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#2945 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,634 Thanks
  • 1,732 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 12:33 PM

Thanksgiving in April    . :thumbs:    Works for me!    Rick

#2946 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,356 Thanks
  • 39,637 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 07:10 PM

Nothing like a FRESH turkey dinner!

#2947 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 06:59 PM

Old Crusty got awakened from slumber.

This morning we got outside to a overcast dreary day.

evolve.jpg

Jared and I pulled Old Crusty, his old Craftsman, and his broken Murray around to the work area. The Hemorrhoid could not pull Old Crusty and the tiller by itself since the tiller was touching the ground due to a flat tire on Crusty. So the Falcon was awakened to assist.

With everything moved I went to get tools. I found that the tool table did not get covered up and everything was wet. So I went and got Steph to do seem drying while we worked.  Heath came outside like a cannon shot and immediately started playing with the Cozy Coupe.

While I turned my attention to Crusty and the tiller, Jared started pulling his engine. After he got two bolts out of it I had a thought. I asked him if he had tried to start it since it messed up. He said he had not so I told him to. The starter Bendix was broken. So he put another starter on it.

The recoil started was hanging up last time we used the tiller so I pulled it off. The bottom two bolts on the cover are stupid. I had to have Steph's tiny hands come over and get them out. I cut slots in the cover to put it back on.

I pulled the tiller tank off and started trying to clean it. I cut the head off of a small wire brush and attached it to an old car antenna then used that to work on it.

While I was assembling that our neighbor Jenni came running over in tears. Her cats had broken a glass and she cut her hand pretty badly trying to pick it up. I got to play doctor and got her all bandaged up.  Steph was teasing her the whole time I was bandaging and cleaning.  After that was done Steph and Heath went to her house to play.

I couldn't get much done with the wire brush. SO I put a little gas in the tank in it and lit it.

till3.jpg

(note the Bolens in the background.)

After about 4 burnings it was clean. Every time I rinsed it out more crud came out of it.

The neighbor who came over and released the turkey started yelling at Gunner for no reason. I told him to stop it. I also told him not to come in the yard again. He began to yell he didn't know where the property line was. I told him to shut up and leave me alone.  I don't have the time or patience to codify a drunk. I told him I have tried to be nice to him since he moved in, but no more.

I put Fuel in Crusty and played with him till he coughed to life. At some point it is going to need rings, but for now it can just occasionally puff.

The recoil was packed full of dirt, I wonder why? I cleaned it up and reassembled it.

As I was putting the tank back on the tiller I could not find the hose line nipple that went in the fuel bowl. So Jared and I made a run to Ace. We got back and I immediately found it. Oh well.

Everything back together and a little splash of gas in the carb and it fired right up.

I sent Stepha  text to come over and show me how much bigger she wanted the garden.

till1.jpg

till2.jpg

Once the tilling was done I went back to Jared. He had the starter on but couldn't get it to start. I tinkered a bit and got it to start. And it began to puke oil out the exhaust.

Since we had all been working outside and had more to do Steph just ordered a pizza for supper.

It was too late in the day to do an engine swap on his Murray. Remember the Bolens in the picture. We stuck a starter solenoid on it and it fired up immediately. The guy I had bought it from ran it out of gas so sitting for 6 months didn't hurt a thing.

The pizza showed up so we ate with greasy hands.

I took the Bolens down in the field and ran through the 8 inch grass in high gear with the deck on the lowest setting. It did fine. It will be a good mower for him till we get the Murray fixed.

The Bolens went up on the trailer then we all came inside.

In a while I have to take Jared home. I will be glad when he has a license and a car.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 2 others have said thanks

#2948 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,299 Thanks
  • 4,656 posts

Posted April 27, 2015 - 03:00 AM

A giggle for your Monday!!

10997980_818777441491972_4902570094359437779_n.jpg

• Craig., UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2949 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted April 27, 2015 - 05:30 AM

Got to say I never saw anyone clean a gas tank by lighting it on purpose , too scary for me but it seems to work for you.  

• Craig. said thank you

#2950 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 27, 2015 - 12:08 PM

Got to say I never saw anyone clean a gas tank by lighting it on purpose , too scary for me but it seems to work for you.  

It had a gunky film in it that the wire brush would not touch. I was really trying to dry it out more than clean it. I took a candle and taped it to the opposite end of the car antenna I used for the wire brush and used that to light it from a safe distance. It barely flamed at all. I was expecting it to take off like a rocket.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2951 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 27, 2015 - 08:44 PM

Things took a bit longer than planned today.

When I carried Jared home last night the little Bolens would not start. IT would not even turn. Jared pulled the cover off and we found the starter Bendix stripped of all teeth and wedged in the flywheel. Oh well.

mondays.jpg

After goofing off this morning we had to get outside about noon.

First we had to go next door and get a bed frame from the neighbor. We spent about 30 minutes talking to her then came home to load Crusty up on the trailer. Well Crusty had other plans.

It took me almost an hour and a half to get it started. I had to take the carb apart and clean it. While I was doing that I noticed that the fuel line was not fuel line. It is vacuum hose. I will have to change that soon.  I also noticed that he has no fuel filter. I can't believe I didn't notice that earlier.

I had to send Steph to the store for carb cleaner. While she was gone I got a small tool box and made up a tractor box. I was tired of having to go get small tools.

After I reassembled the freshly cleaned carb I tightened the starter gen belt and hit the key. It started immediately. I was a bit shocked. I literally turned one revolution and started. Yippee.

We loader Crusty on the trailer along with Heaths Cozy Coupe and headed out.

Heath said we needed a snack. We got Sunny delight and M&Ms

ride.jpg

We got to Jareds Grandmothers house and I gave him the starter. I backed Crusty off the tractor and drove around to where his grandmother wanted the garden.

I pulled the rope on the tractor and it started and ran for about 3 seconds. I tried to start it and nothing. SO I drove to where Jared was. By the time I got there I had a flat on the tractor. It had one tire that was leaking down. It will need an inner tube.

I jacked it up and pulled the tire off then left Heath with Jared and his grandmother and ran up to the gas station.

WHile I was putting the tire back on I realized why the tiller shut off. The fuel was shut off. Duuuh.

SO with everything running I tilled her little spot.

Jared had the starter on the Bolens and it started right up.

I walked in side to see what Heath was doing and he was just quietly playing with a pile of toys. She had made him a snack too.  He went outside and rode around with Jared on the tractor. Carol and I had a nice long talk. Funny that for a woman that my ex said was terrified of me she seems to enjoy my company.

When I went back outside the tire was flat again. I managed to get it loaded up and we headed out.

I was hungry so I knew Heath was. We nearly ran out of gas so I had to stop and put some in. Then we went to0 Taco Bell and got some food and sat out in the truck and ate.

We got home right about 830. Heath was worn out. He laid on our bed and watched a train video. He didn't even fuss when Steph put him in bed.

Tomorrow I am going to stick a set of turf tires on Crusty till I can get an inner-tube. With the tiller on the back I can't even get it off the trailer with a flat tire. The tines are in the expanded metal.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2952 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 02:31 PM

Gee it is the end of the month already?

This morning I was awakened by a horn blowing. Steph was already up and went outside and didn't yell for me. I looked out the window and all I could tell was it was something white (I didn't have my glasses on).

Shortly after that I heard her doing something and I thought she was loading up garbage to take to the dump. I also thought she would come back inside. SHe didn't.

SO I got up.

weekcoffee.jpg

Then I was looking for a pair of socks when another horn blew. It was a white vehicle - this time I had my glasses on. It was the guys who came by last night and wanted to buy some stuff. I opened the door and told them to start pulling and I would be right out.

Gunner was going ballistic outside. When I went out he got quiet. Good guard dog.

When I walked out the door I found Crusty sitting in the yard. I have no idea how she got it off the trailer without starting it and with a flat tire.

They bought 2 tractor frames, a little wood chipper, and a little dump trailer. They gave me a handful of cash and left.

Steph sent me a text that the power company had come by today (the first white vehicle). I was a bit confused till I looked at the date and saw it was the 29th. Where did the month go. We forgot to pay the bill. She loaded up all the radiators, aluminum cans, and catalytic converters and went to sell them.

She came home and we had enough to pay the bill when the guy came back. He gave us till 1:45 since we didn't argue with him.

I sent her down the hill to get the original tires and rims off the Hemorrhoid to put on Crusty. She played with Christine in the field. I thought she was stuck till I looked outside and saw her truck going sideways.

While we were swapping tires Grady showed up and dropped off his trailer and a pressure washer. I will get out tomorrow and go some cleaning. For use of the washer I have to change the oil.

crustyture.jpg

We stood around and chatted and the guy from the power company showed up. We paid him and talked to him a bit. He said that if we had argued he would have just gone and shut the power off.

Grady had his Boxer, Shandy, in the truck with him so I put her leash on and let her out to play with Gunner. They were surprised that they got along so well.

They left. I came inside. Steph took the flat tractor tires back down to the barn. Heath went in the kitchen and found a box of Cocoa Puffs that Steph didn't put up.

She just left for class so Heath and I have the house to ourselves.

For some reason I can hear a helicopter flying around in circles just on the other side of the trees.

Edited by UncleWillie, April 29, 2015 - 02:32 PM.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2953 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 07:44 PM

If you stand still I will blast you.

This morning we all were greeted by the sun.

carwash.jpg

Then I went outside and attempted to start Crusty. It was a no go. I shot starting fluid int eh carb and it started and immediately died. I tinkered around with it for about 15 minutes and then had the bright idea to look in the gas tank. Bone dry. Duuuuh. I did drive it on the trailer I guess I did it on fumes. I pulled it around back and then pulled engine cover off.

I looked over at the Falcon and it had a flat tire. So I grabbed the tires that had been on the DragonFly and stuck them on.

Then I turned my attention to the pressure washer. Checked the fuel. Pulled the rope. Nothing. Shot some starter fluid in it. Nothing. Since it had been sitting with gas in it I pulled the bowl off the carb. Looked OK. Pulled the spark plug. No spark. I pulled the cover off the engine and cleaned the flywheel and put it all back together. Still nothing. So I pulled it apart again. (is anyone still reading these - comment Cat is a dodo head if you are)  This time I disconnected the wiring for the kill switch to get the cover out of the way. After some poking I spun the flywheel by hand and I had spark. Put it all back and nothing. Unhooked the kill switch and it started right up.

So I began to wash everything in sight. Old Crusty got my first attention. Soon I had blasted 45 years of crud off the engine.  Then the Hemorrhoid got its turn. Then the Falcon.

I went inside to get some degreaser. We had a half a gallon of Simple Green. I hosed it on the 88. I got the drivers side done and then the pressure washer would not hold pressure. I had this problem with the electric one. The well pump cannot keep up with it. I have a 30 gallon tank that I hook to it to give it a buffer.

I needed a short hose to hook this washer to it so I had to run to Wal-Mart to get a male hose end.

When parked an elderly woman was parked across from me. Her hood was popped. I asked her if she knew it was open and she said no. I closed it for her.

As I walked in side another elderly woman was coming out with an employee walking next to her buggy. The woman looked at me and asked if I was muscular. I asked why and she said that she didn't think the little girl they sent out with her could pick up the big bags of dog food. I tossed them in her truck.

Inside a woman walked up to me and asked if I was William White. I said yes. She told me I knew her husband who worked at Auto-Zone.

I had to grab a couple of other things so I had a buggy. I was walking behind a rather shapely young lady and was paying more attention to her. She suddenly stopped and I nearly hit her. An elderly woman had just pushed her buggy right across the aisle in front of both of us without looking. I said, "I hope she doesn't drive that way". The shapely woman laughed and said she was thinking the same thing.

I finally got back home and hooked the tank up. Then the 88 got cleaned. It looks like a new truck. I also hosed down Christine, the back steps, the gunk under the kitchen window, and Jared's tractor.

I came in to sit for a while and look for an engine. At 3 I headed off to get Jared. On the way back I stopped at Auto-Zone. The gal from Wal-Mart was there. I asked her if she was stalking me. After grabbing the tuneup stuff for the pressure washer and a gallon of Simple Green we got home.

I am worn out. Tomorrow Jared will try to swap engines on his tractor then who knows what we will get into.

Since I was playing with water I didn't have my phone with me so no pictures of all the clean stuff.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2954 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 07:52 PM

(is anyone still reading these - comment Cat is a dodo head if you are) and I thought you were gonna change the oil "before" you used it.

• Craig. said thank you

#2955 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 07:57 PM

It needs an oil change, but I wanted to make sure it didn't need anything else so I could get what I need.

• larrybl and Craig. have said thanks