Looks like Heath had fun!

#2927 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 07:40 PM

It's amazing how fast kids can disappear. We were in the back yard tonight and a little boy starts walking across our back yard. The nearest house is about 500 yards away. My wife gets him and asks him where his mama is at. He says I'm with my gramma check out my boo boo. About that time we hear "devin!!!" My wife starts walking down the yard and finds grandma running down the road.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2928 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 12:13 PM

Well one more thing from yesterday.

While we were moving the small trailer we had to get it off the back of the Hemorrhoid. Steph pulled on the tongue while I stood on the back. It had been loaded with everything int he front. When it came off the ball instead of dropping it she tried to move it and then dropped it - on her foot. I asked her if she needed to go to the ER and she said no. Well this morning things had changed. She made a doc appointment for 4. I am borrowing a friends van so we can all three go since both neighbors are sick.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2929 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 12:48 PM

Oops! Hope the foot isn't broke!

#2930 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 05:22 PM

Well the foot is not broken.

hot_wheels_mug.jpg

HotDoc said it is just badly bruised. 

We left there and went to Ingle's and in what has become a family tradition after doctors visits, we ate in the cafe. I pushed Steph and Heath around in a wheel chair like a madman. Heath had a blast.

Now we are home. My back is done in. It did not like the van we borrowed.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2931 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 11:42 AM

Pouring rain since Monday. Not much going on. My arthritis is killing me.

Attached Thumbnails

• decaf.jpg
  • it_s_raining_coffee_by_smoludozerka-d4rdyx6.jpg

• Craig. said thank you

#2932 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 01:21 PM

Arthur has a way of making his presence known! Hope the weather clears soon.

#2933 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:55 PM

Well today we woke up and it was actually not raining.

I looked out the front window and there were chicks lined up just waiting for me.

chicks.jpg

It took me a little while to get cranking, but eventually I got on my feet and we headed outside.

junkyardcffee.jpg

Heath immediately found that the tarp held a couple hundred gallons of water. He was knee deep in seconds. Steph and I had to fight to get the water out of it, but we finally got it done. The tarp is destroyed for and future usage. The water weighed too much for it and ripped one side all to pieces.

We got things set up then I got to tearing apart engines while Steph picked up the stuff that had blown all over the yard in the storms.

I got about 6 engines apart then had to go pick up Jared.

We got back just a short while ago. Tomorrow we are in full scale tear down mode.

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2934 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 18, 2015 - 06:14 AM

Always nice to have the chicks lined up and waiting! You're lucky Heath didn't try to give them a bath!

#2935 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 18, 2015 - 07:18 PM

Aching all over.

We got up early this morning. Shortly thereafter we were outside. Well Jared and I were. Steph had just started homework that was assigned on Monday and is due tonight. It is like having a child in school.

1620655.jpg

Jared and I got to taking engines apart. It took us a while to get started because the tools were a mess. The wind had whipped the tarp that was covering them around and mixed them all up.

We worked a couple of hours then got to an engine that we needed to saw the shaft off of because the pulleys would not come off no matter what we did.

So Jared and I left. Firtst we swung by Tims house to get an engine stand. Then we went to Ace. We got a fitting to put the splitter on the air line so we could use two lines at once, and some bolts to put the engine on the stand - but no blades.

We got home and I realized it. Arrrgh. We found a hack saw and went at it. I sent Steph off to buy blades and gas for the mower.

By the time she got back we had managed to cut deep enough with the hacksaw to break it with a hammer. I didn't even look at the blades she bought.

She got started mowing the yard with Grady's tractor. Heath went back and forth between riding with her and playing in Christine. I finally got the tablet one of Steph's friends gave him and turned on trains. He sat silently for a couple of hours.

About 4 engines later we had another one that the pulley was frozen on. I grabbed the blades she bought. If she paid a penny for them she overpaid. I managed to make about a 1/6th of an inch cut with both of them.

Out came the BFH and when I was done I could barely lift my arms, but I got it off.

When all the motors were torn down we did some shuffling of work tables and got ready to pull the engine on the 88. I got the radiator out and Steph pulled the distributor. She is small so it is easier for her. 

Jared reorganized the tool kit he dumped out.

At around 6 it started to rain so we all came in. Jared and I were covered in mud and grease.

Jared showered first while I sat and counted my sore muscles. I finally got in the shower and was in there for a long time till I could move.

Oh and I found good news on the sore muscle front.

http://breakingmuscl...muscle-soreness

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2936 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 03:46 PM

Anyone know where I can get some gopher wood?

greasy3.jpg

This morning I woke up and it was clear. My accuweather app said it would start to rain in 4 minutes. 3 and a half minutes later and....

greasy4.jpg

And about 20 minutes later.....

greasy6.jpg

It was like this all day.

In between rain storms Steph, Heath, and I ran outside. 

First we had to slice and hack through the remains of the tarp and release a tidal wave across the neighbors yard. Then we got started on pulling the engine. The sign tarp we put under the truck was like a skating rink, but we managed. IT was a lot better than trying to work in the mud.

After 3 hour long sessions between rain storms we managed to get everything unhooked except for the motor mounts, transmission cooler lines, and the starter wiring. Well that is all we lack until we start lifting it out and find out what else is hooked up.

Since I couldn't get under the truck as bad as the rain had me hurting Steph did that part. She got just a wee bit dirty.

greasy.jpg

greasy2.jpg

She got a shower then left when the rain let up to go to the store. I will shower when she gets back.

Heath had a ball splashing through all the puddles in the swamp...I mean yard.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2937 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 06:04 PM

I've got the monsoons here too! Just mowed the wet yard as it may be another week before I can do that!

#2938 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 10:38 PM

Long day I'm tired goodnight

#2939 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Tom the turkeys days may be numbered.

grenade-mug.jpeg

Well Yesterday was a long one. We all got up and into our work clothes and then set about pulling the engine out of the 88. I was hurting so it took a while to do it.

Once it was up we tried to use the Hemorrhoid to pull the truck back. It was so muddy there was no traction. SO I fired up the Falcon and we hooked them together and it moved quite nicely.

With it swinging on the cherry picker we installed it on the engine stand then sat it down. I backed the Falcon and the crane up to it and picked it up to move it back beside the other engine. However, the sign tarps we put down to stay out of the mud were slick as snot. Enter the Hemorrhoid rendering assistance; and pushed, and pulled me till we were where I wanted to be, then pulled me out again.

With teh flywheel and starter from the 88 bolted on the engine I bought I could do a compression test. It failed miserably. 120 in 4 cylinders - which is low but passable. 80 in 2, 60 in the other 2. Nope. Not gonna work. I called the guy and he kept telling me his truck only ran 70 psi on a compression test. I refrained from calling him a liar or an idiot.

He finally agreed to give me the money back so at 63o pm I headed back to Lancaster.  He all but called me a liar when I got there, but since I was much bigger than he was he refunded my money as promised.  HE was not happy.

I got home at 1100. I was tired and dirty and hungry. I ate and went to bed. I was too tired to shower.

This morning we all begrudgingly got out of bed. All three of us were dragging. It didn't take Heath long to find an energy reserve and take off like a missile.

jack-long-coffee-drops.jpeg

We headed outside and hooked the trailer up to Christine. Steph pulled it around back and emptied it while I searched for some tools and then got Grady's tractor fired up and loaded up.

After a stop for fuel for the tractor I headed down to my buddy. Buddy's house.

He had called me Sunday and asked me to mow his yard. I got there and he was on his little ancient Snapper, with a Kholer off a John Deer, just putting along mowing. A tile job got moved so he had a day to do yard work.

I set to mowing the back yard and soon found a problem. I could not turn left. Right was like a zero turn. Left was non existent. So I dug through his shop and did some adjusting till I got them even.  I mowed the entire back yard, one side, and half the front while his little Snapper got the other side and half the front done. Since the grass was nearly knee high that was a good job for both.

Good news is there is no vapor locking, no exhaust fumes in your face, no wrestling to turn, and no problems engaging the blades. All in all I call it fixed.

While I was mowing I found a little Cozy COupe behind the building. His youngest girl is 14 so no one was using it. He gave it to Heath.

HE took me to lunch at Showmars and then we swung by Harbor Freight so I could grab a leak down tester and then back to his house to get the trailer and tractor.

I had to stop at the pharmacy ( seems like I spend more and more time there). While I waited I noticed my scar looks like a Mercedes emblem.

mercedes.jpg

Then home.

Heath loved the car.

ccrider.jpg

Steph headed off to class.

Tom the turkey came to visit and was behaving himself. A guy stopped by to look for some tractor tires and while we were looking there came blood curdling screams from Heath. Tom was attacking him. I ran up the hill as fast as I could and kicked the crap out of him. If I had a clean line of fire to him I would have put a .38 slug in him. As it was he left the yard as fast as he could.

Damage was light, but a little farther over and it would have been bad.

peck.jpg

Once he calmed down Heath was right back in his car.

The guy bought three tires and then left.

I did a leak down test on one side of the engine just playing with the tester. It appears that it needs valve stem seals.

Things started to cloud up and the wind picked up so Heath, Gunner, and I headed inside. I was having a hard time getting Heath out of the Coupe until I said, "Let's go watch trains." He beat me inside and he was twice as far away.

Now I am going to relax for a while.

The seat time was great, but my back is sore.

Edited by UncleWillie, April 22, 2015 - 05:13 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2940 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 06:34 PM

Now you've got Heath driving! He'll be 10 miles down the road before you know it!

• UncleWillie said thank you