UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 12:11 PM

I don't believe your going to give up ,   I've been reading your thread since the beginning and you    just  don't give up  !!!

I am through with this one. I am going back to a small block. Ran them for 500k miles with no problems. If I found a complete small block truck with a trashed body I would swap it all over. Short of that this truck is done. I have put more than enough money in it.

Ford did get a big govnm't loan a few years before Chrysler and GM took the "bailout".  So many do not want to acknowlege it, but instead point fingers at GM. I will give the management at Ford credit as they realised their issues early on and dealt with it. Chrysler and GM did not , then look like the bad guys cause they got a big publicized bailout.

I agree Ford is the #1 selling vehicle, people have to keep buying them cause they don't make it back home

:poke:  :poke: :D  :D  

" Longest lasting vehicle on the road...cause that's where they are sitting, broke down on the road"  :D  :D

And none of that has anything to do with a 20 year old truck that will not run.

Years ago my daughter's car (GM) gave no codes, but obviously had issues.  I bought a used ECM and the problem actually got worse.  Figured the used ECM to be bad too, and the parts yard swapped me another ECM and it then ran like new.  Might just be a 2nd bad ECM.

Tried 3 computers. NO change

Sonoo now what, buy a Ford?? i'm with Al. i've never known you to just give up!! Disconnect the vacuum from the EGR and try it. Disconnect the knock sensors and try it. What does it do with the set timing connector unplugged? If you have a millivolt meter, tie into the O2 sensor wire and see what it is doing when the problem happens. This is where a good scan tool comes in handy.

everything is checking out as good. About all that is left is something weird internal in the engine.

:deadhorse:

• TenPn said thank you

#2897 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,643 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 12:20 PM

All poking aside, I wish your truck would get up & run right.  You need that truck.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2898 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 02:08 PM

Whats the new truck going to be named? 

• Craig. said thank you

#2899 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 03:00 PM

Weird engine trouble?  Is there a cam chain that has jumped a sprocket?

• Craig. said thank you

#2900 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 03:12 PM

Weird engine trouble?  Is there a cam chain that has jumped a sprocket?

Possibly but I am not working on it any more. I am going to get the 88 pickup running and use it for a while. I have an airbag setup for the rearend so I can haul with it. The big block is just more trouble than it is worth. That and the 11 mpg makes me done with it. I will look for a small block truck or swap one in place of the big block not decided on that one yet.

• MH81, Alc, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2901 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 04:00 PM

Well, pat the OX on the fender from all of us.
She's served you well, but I understand the walking away thing. It's not worth having a stroke or high blood pressure over.
  • Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2902 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,643 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 04:06 PM

A Ford F250 with 351 will serve you fine!  

• Craig., superaben and Sawdust have said thanks

#2903 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 07:52 PM

A Ford F250 with 351 will serve you fine!  

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

• MH81, Craig., motobreeder and 1 other said thanks

#2904 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 11:13 PM

You need something with a 5.9 or a 7.3. Screw spark plugs and electronics!! 

• Craig. said thank you

#2905 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 05:19 PM

Ahhh one of those days.

Steph and Heath left at 500 am. I vaguely remember hearing her alarm go off. They are taking a train to Burlington where her mom was picking them up to go to VA for a week.

Jared and I got up around 945 and got to stumbling around.

snafu_mug.jpg

We finally got out of the house about 10 30 or so and got Christine and the small trailer loaded up with scrap. Then we headed out.

First we headed down to the power company to pay the bill. The bank screwed up and did not send up replacement debit cards when ours expired so I had to go down in person.

We got there and they were closed. IT didn't make much sense so I figured they were off to lunch and we headed to the scrap yard.

When we got there the gates were locked.   I sat there and scratched my head a bit then Jared saw the church sign next to the scrap yard. Easter. Well duuuuh that is why Steph went to her moms. 

So we headed down to Verizon to get the phone Jared broke replaced.  After waiting for nearly an hour I was told that we needed to go online and complete a claim. Well dangit. 

So we went to eat. Fortunately there was no problems there.                      

I called the scrap yard in Shelby and they were open so after we ate we headed down. 

Going across the scales was no problem. Waiting for the idiots that were ahead of us to unload was another thing. They just sat there talking. As I was preparing to pull up in front of them and unload where they could not get out one of them finally left.  The other guy sat there until we were half way finished unloading and then drove to the scales. Where he just sat. 

We sat behind him for about 5 minutes before he decided to drive on. He had already been weighed out, he was just sitting there. We got weighed out and then pulled around to the front. Where the genius was sitting in the middle of everything blocking the whole driveway. I was getting pissed.  He finally got out of the way before I ran over him.        

Once we had our money we headed home. 

We had to stop at Walmart to get a couple of things so we did that and then came home. 

I let Gunner out then went to the bathroom. Evidently a roll of toilet paper attacked him and he had to destroy it to defend himself.     

I then got online to do the claim for my phone. They accepted my claim and I tried to pay the deductible with an echeck. For whatever reason it would not go through. I called the company and they tried it. It would no go through. We tried it 4 different ways. It would not go through. So I have a mangled phone till I can get his figured out.

Finally I got a beer. Makes things not so bad.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2906 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 04, 2015 - 06:39 PM

Well I feel like I accomplished something today.

chicken-pouring-coffee.jpg

Jared and I got up late. Then we headed off to pick up a prescription and get some gas for his mower.

We got back and got to work on it. It would not start. I told him to pull the air filter off and we found an mouse condo. Under the motor housing it was even better.

IMAG0713.jpg IMAG0714.jpg IMAG0717.jpg IMAG0717.jpg IMAG0710.jpg IMAG0712.jpg

All fiberglass insulation. He had to clean it out I can't touch the stuff. After the rodents were evicted we found the coil wire was chewed up. He pulled one off another engine and it started right up.

We took it off the stand and he started it up and engaged the blades. It made a horrible sound. We didn't tighten them up. Fortunately they both stayed on the spindles they were just lose. A little wrench work and it was cutting beautifully. Not bad for a set of blades off of  another mower that I cut down an inch to fit it.

A neighbor stopped by to ask if he could buy some tires off the load of tractors. I told him he could so he is coming back on Monday to get some.

Then we pulled Grady's tractor up on the stand. I will get to putting it together Monday.

Interestingly enough Grady called and said that the little Explorer that has been living in by back yard for about 9 months is going to a new home Monday. He is going to borrow a truck and pull it on my tow dolly to where it is going.

Jared and I started feeding all the animals and then let the dogs out to run. It was great until I got a phone call and they knew I wasn't watching. Carmela and Diesel disappeared. 

My other neighbor called in tears. She is cat sitting for her boss. The cat was pregnant and had kittens. One of the kittens died. It was the runt. She was devastated. I took the kitten so she didn't have to deal with it.

The dogs still have not come home.

Jared and I are leaving to go buy some stuff we need. Hopefully they will be here when we get back.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2907 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,396 Thanks
  • 1,532 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 05:57 PM

Did the dogs ever come home?

#2908 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 06:59 PM

Yes about two hours after we got back. I have no idea where they ran off to.  They went straight into the pen. I think they knew they were in trouble.

a815f20b19cfc71cf9924b5475f472cc.jpg

Today Jared and I did nothing.

I took him back to his grandmothers and then stopped at TacoBell on the way home.

• Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#2909 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,737 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 07:12 PM

How is the 88 truck shaping up? Do you have much to do to it to put it into service other than the air bags?
  • Craig. said thank you

#2910 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 07:27 PM

How is the 88 truck shaping up? Do you have much to do to it to put it into service other than the air bags?

If I switch it over to synthetic oil it will pass inspection right now since synthetic doesn't smoke. However I have a line on a low mileage engine for cheap. If he ever calls me back I will spent a couple of days swapping engines and be off. Steph is out of town visiting her mom so I have Christine all to myself.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks