• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 05:51 PM

I hear ya bout the back bending Willie.  Working on my furnace required contorting in ways my body doesn't like these days.  So there's 2 of us with aching backs tonight.  And I too am DUNN for the day!  :thumbs:

• Craig. said thank you

#2747 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 05:58 PM

The twisting and contorting is no good for  bad backs. Kick you feet up and take it easy now. I am.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#2748 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 06:28 PM

I can't believe that 3 years ago today Heath came into the world in a big hurry.

HappyBirthdayCoffee.jpg

Today we finally got to take the load of scrap off to the yard.

While Steph was strapping things down I headed off to pull Grahams car out of his driveway. When I got over there he was laying on the couch. I told him to get up. He said we couldn't move the cars because his fiance and her friends cars were blocking the end of the drive. I nearly slapped him. I told him we could move the cars.

Once his car was off the sheet of ice I headed back to the house. We hooked the BlueOx up to the trailer, tossed all the non ferrous metals in the bed of Christine and headed out.

The tire on the trailer was low so we had to stop at a gas station to air it up. My air hose is under the ice. The geniuses at the station had parked directly in front of the air pump. Only two cars in the place. As I backed my load of junk up next to the cars both owners came to the window to see what I was doing.

At the scrap yard I had the distinct displeasure of chiseling the steel out of the ice on the trailer. There was a bicycle strut that came in handy for a basher.

Once I was unloaded Heath and I headed over to Tommy's Drive-in. Steph collected the money and met us.

After lunch we had a hot fudge cake. Heath approved.

Heath and I came home. Steph went to spend all the money we just got.

She just got home so I am off to get Jared.

Edited by UncleWillie, February 20, 2015 - 06:29 PM.

• Craig., KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#2749 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 06:43 PM

Happy Birthday Heath!  :happy_birthday:

• Craig. said thank you

#2750 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 07:06 PM

Happy Birthday, Heath!

• Craig. said thank you

#2751 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,329 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 08:04 PM

Happy B-Day Heath!!!!!!

• Craig. said thank you

#2752 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 08:34 PM

Happy Birthday Heath!
One of these years, you're going to have to buy him a matching hat :D
  • Craig. said thank you

#2753 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 01:14 PM

Happy Birthday Heath! :rocker2:

#2754 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Not a lot going on today.

After Heaths birthday party I carried Jared back to his grandmothers house. He wanted to go to church today to talk to a girl. LOL.

Last night my knee kept me awake a lot. When I finally crawled to the kitchen we couldn't find the coffee. We looked all over for it. Heath had put it on top of the other side of the counter on top of some containers of flour and other stuff. I was about to panic!

dharma_initiative_swan_coffee_mug_mugs.jpg

I have been talking to the guy who wants this Simplicity. He is going to Paypal me the money for it and come pick it up when he gets chiseled out of the ice. He was going to come yesterday, but he got slammed with ice. Once he pays me it can sit here forever as far as I am concerned. He had an identical mower that caught on fire. Since the gas tank is in the dash there was nothing left of it. I told him about GTT he said he will check it out.

I watched the race and haven't done anything else - nor do I plan to.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2755 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 05:50 PM

I hope the knee gets better soon! It's cold here. Just went to the store for a couple things and nearly froze to death! Feels like 16° out there with a strong North wind!

#2756 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 06:31 PM

I hope the knee gets better soon! It's cold here. Just went to the store for a couple things and nearly froze to death! Feels like 16° out there with a strong North wind!

Started out at 14 with a stiff breeze, got up to 30 and I swear that was colder (humidity made it feel that way)  by tomorrow morning, looks like -7 for starters and another up and way down week.

Hope you guys warm up soon, y'all aint use to this.

• KennyP said thank you

#2757 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 03:28 PM

Nothing like mud to make 2 hours of work a 5 hour ordeal.

This morning I tried to sleep till my alarm went off. However, Steph was doing her best Darth Vader impression so I got up.

OneMudMugWeb_1024x1024.jpg

Once she and Heath were up and breakfasted we all headed outside into the 50 degree weather.  I had some stuff to shuffle around and we had to get to it.

First OldSmokey had to be moved from where the tow truck dropped her. SO the Ox got unhooked from the trailer and chained to Smokey.

Then some tractors had to be moved so the Hemorrhoid needed to be started. The battery was dead so Steph drove the Ox over and we jumped it off. Then the Ox refused to come out of the mud. The Posi-loc on the front end was not engaging.

After finding something to lay on I got it to engage. I figured I would just leave it in since I had lots of yard driving to do.

Then all the tractors got moved.

The big trailer got moved around to where the Kia could be put on it.

The Kia came off the tow dolly with no problems and things were going great till we started to put it back up on the trailer.

For some reason Steph has no idea what the word straight means.

We used the big synthetic winch cable and a snatch block to pull it up. She nearly steered it off the side of the trailer. Fortunately I was watching. Since it didn't run and refused to roll up hill we had to jack it up and push it over.

Then the Ox got hooked back to the trailer and I started to move it under the gantry crane.

The front axle decided to disengage.

I crawled back under it and tried to adjust it. It went into gear until I drove it 2 feet. Then I was back down in the mud again. I took a small radiator clamp and managed to get it to cooperate. When it dries up a bit I will try to make a more permanent correction.

With the Kia finally under the gantry crane I was done. My knees and right elbow are killing me.

Heath had a doctors appointment so Steph took him. When she gets back we may go out and try to pull that engine. I am not putting a lot of hope in getting it done today though.

In good news the Simplicity is now paid for. He is going to call me a day before he comes to get it.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2758 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 12:00 AM

Not a lot going on today.

Last night my knee kept me awake a lot. When I finally crawled to the kitchen we couldn't find the coffee. We looked all over for it. Heath had put it on top of the other side of the counter on top of some containers of flour and other stuff. I was about to panic!

If  them knees are bothering you as mine did me, and you can get them replaced, do it as soon as you can. I was in constant pain for 30 yrs, now I'm hardly in pain any more. Wished Id of had them replaced a lot sooner. You wont regret it!

#2759 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 07:05 AM

I complain about snow, but when it starts to melt around here, it'll be a soupy darned mess.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2760 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 07:39 AM

That's what I hate about snow, Alan. Especially with the freeze/thaw cycle going on.

• Craig. said thank you