UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted February 05, 2015 - 09:18 PM

No I didn't get his plate because he didn't come back by. I am never without my pistol so he can come on by whenever he feels like it. The cops out here even know I always have it.

• Craig. and EricR have said thanks

#2702 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted February 06, 2015 - 08:29 PM

It gets worse before it gets better.

This morning Steph was running around the house trying to get things done before she and Heath left to go to Fayettville to visit her friend. I was just trying to stay upright.'

dae-20061027-7169.jpg

I got outside and got to work on disassembling more stuff. Almost as soon as I started a guy pulled in the drive. I have done a lot of trading with him before. He said he saw Steph at the gas station and she told him I wasn't doing anything today LOL.

While he and his son were here chewing the fat a guy showed up to look at the work benches. He bought one and went on his way.

I didn't have anything that the other guy wanted so he and his son went off to do other things. I got to work.

Several more small engines, a chainsaw and many many grass trimmers fell to my tools today. At dark I finally pulled the tarp back over everything and fed all the animals.

At 530 I hopped on board the BlueOx express and headed down to Kings Mountain to get a Kia Optima.

When I got back I drove into the yard, weaved through the trucks and trailers in the yard then pulled around back and the headlights swept across my mess. In the process of cleaning up I am making a bigger mess.

I came in and sat at my desk and my right knee touched the wall and hurt badly. I looked at it and it is all swollen like a water balloon. Just what I need when I get a weekend to work without interruptions is a bum knee.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2703 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,531 Thanks
  • 3,919 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 05:55 AM

It always seems like a bad time when something swells up and tells you to take better care. Right now my thumb is about twice the size it should be. An object of ferrous material was driven in by pneumatic force. I had to get some help to pull it out, it was stuck in good. But amazingly, nothing important inside got struck and it will soon be ok.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2704 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 07:56 PM

Another busy one.

This morning my alarm went off and I staggered to the door to let Gunner out. I think he was about to bust. He evidently could not wake me up.

antique.jpeg

Then I headed outside.II drove the truck with the Optima still attached to the back yard and in hooked the tow dolly. Then I headed to the tire shop.

Steph told the tire guy I would be coming to get the tires on Tuesday. I swear I don't know what goes on in her head sometimes. Fortunately he wasn't busy and we got them broken down in short order and I headed home.

In the front yard I  hooked up the little trailer.  Since the 88 Pickup was sitting right in the dang way I had to go back around the house to get the trailer to the pile of aluminum.

After I was all loaded up I sent the aluminum guy a text. He said to give him and hour and come on over. I managed to get 2 chainsaws torn down and then came back inside to check my emails.

It was about 2 when things were all melted down and I had cash in my pocket.

At the house I ate a couple of slices of pizza then headed outside.

Graham came over and helped me get the 88 out of the way.While he was here I pulled the hood off the junk mower I got this ween and put it on the Falcon. AN immediate improvement.

falconhood.jpg

After he left I got back to tearing things apart.

At dark I covered everything back up and headed in side. I made some good progress getting the trailer loaded.

load.jpg

After I peeled off the greasy clothes and tossed them in the washer I got a call from a guy who wanted another work bench. I grabbed some clothes and sold him one. I only have one left now.

Gunner and I had a couple of frozen dinners. I may have another one I am still hungry. I don't know if he is or not, I caught him eating the eggs out of the chicken coup today. I didn't know what he was doing till he had run off. If I catch him again I will fix the problem.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2705 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted February 09, 2015 - 06:56 PM

Woke up this morning at 6am to relieve the kidneys and it was clear outside. When the alarm went off at 9 it was pouring rain. Oh well.

tumblr_lxlfkxVjUF1qbcgsi.jpg

I did call Dr Goodbody and made an appointment for tomorrow.

#2706 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted February 09, 2015 - 11:00 PM

Well one more thing happened. I had to go to Wal-mart to get some food.

When I left I was being a good boy and putting my buggy away when white Toyota Camry with an 80 year old man driving  drove past my truck and up about 4 parking spaces. As soon as I walked behind him he started backing up. With a swollen knee and bad ankle I wasn't going anywhere too fast. I started yelling and he kept coming. When he got in range I kicked his bumper as hard as I could. He stopped right before he hit me. I put my buggy away and walked to the truck. He rolled down the passengers side window and kept yelling I didn't see you. It isn't like I am some skinny short person. I am 6'3" and 280 pounds. At least he has black mark on his bumper to remember me by.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2707 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted February 09, 2015 - 11:19 PM

Black mark is better than blood and ink on his fingers.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2708 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 05:34 AM

Glad that you got him to stop!

#2709 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 07:44 PM

Nearly a wasted day.

My knee was really sore this morning. It took a good while to get dressed.

medcoffee.jpg

Then I headed off to the doc. She drained my knee and gave me a shot of something that looked like milk. I really didn't care what she did as long as the pain went away. Then it was wrapped up and I am supposed to take it easy and keep it wrapped for a week.

On my way home a guy called that wanted to swap some tractor tires with me. He wanted to trade a set of AG tires that need tubes for a set of turfs. Seemed like a good trade to me. He got to the house 5 minutes after I did.

Driving was fun because I couldn't bend my knee with it all wrapped up. I had to drape my right leg over the console and drive with my left. It was a bit awkward.

Steph sent me a text at noon that she was 3 hours away. She got home at 6. I have no idea where the extra 3 hours went. Anyhow they are home. Heath celebrated by pouring a half a jug of laundry detergent on the floor. Steph sopped it up with towels. Now she just has to add one towel to each load till they are all gone.

Maybe tomorrow I can get out and get something done.

#2710 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,239 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 07:57 PM

Take the time a wife tells you it will be for anything. And double it. That's my rule of thumb.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2711 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 09:19 PM

I saw a "funny" in the Waco Police Department parking lot today. As I pulled in to a parking space there was a Jeep Wrangler in the space directly in front of me. The spaces are separated with those concrete dividers. Next to the Jeep, a large pickup had pulled in at an angle where the rear of the pickup was blocking the back of the Jeep, and the Lady in the Jeep couldn't back out. She asked me to back up so she could pull foreword to get out but the concrete barriers were in the way. She got in her jeep, and came out with a HUGE Neon Pink magic marker and wrote " A$$ H" full word on the passenger side of the pickup windshield (The driver was still in the truck) But due to the location, and several people watching elected to keep inside. The passenger came out of the building while I backed up and gracefully guided her around the concrete barrier, I thought at one point she would bang the back of the pickup. After she left, I pulled back into my spot and watched the pickup, which was clearly a foot and half into the previously occupied spot leave, with the windshield decoration still in tact.      

• MH81, Craig. and Sawdust have said thanks

#2712 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 09:19 PM

Take the time a wife tells you it will be for anything. And double it. That's my rule of thumb.

Money too...
  • Craig. and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#2713 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted February 11, 2015 - 05:43 AM

Glad you got the fluids changed in the knee! Hope it reacts well to the new stuff!

• Craig. said thank you

#2714 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted February 11, 2015 - 07:58 AM

Glad you got the fluids changed in the knee! Hope it reacts well to the new stuff!

Did they put in Summer milk looking stuff or Winter milk looking stuff? Also, did you get your tailpipe emissions checked on like Steph has asked every time you do burritos?
  • Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2715 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted February 11, 2015 - 09:33 AM

Negatory on the emissions. Doc wouldn't go near that. She gave me a referral to a muffler shop.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks