• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 07:40 PM

The best part was that the gal did not want money for her stuff she just wanted it gone. She said she has not even looked in the attic yet. I know there are 4 large workbenches she wants gone too.

Wow.....now there's a GREAT haul!

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2687 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,728 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 09:14 PM

Willie, popping the spring off the front of a fan clutch will make it stiffer. Don't know if it would have worked in your case but something to keep in mind.

#2688 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 09:21 PM

Willie, popping the spring off the front of a fan clutch will make it stiffer. Don't know if it would have worked in your case but something to keep in mind.

Wouldn't have worked the fan was rotating independently of the shaft. It has only been on there for 500k miles not sure why it wore out.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2689 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,728 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 10:56 PM

It has only been on there for 500k miles not sure why it wore out.

They just don't make them like they used to.

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#2690 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 12:54 AM

Looks like you're set for a few good days of work. Nice not having to work a bit here and a bit there.

#2691 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 08:28 PM

Sacrifices had to be made.

This morning the alarm went off and I grabbed a pry bar and forced me eyes open. Then I roused Steph and we got started.

needs_of_the_many_coffee_mug.jpg

We got out the door 30 minutes later and pulled the few pieces off the Jetta that needed to come off. hen we all loaded up in the Ox and headed to the scrap yard.

One quick stop to get the fan clutch and we were there. And we found our first problem of the day. Every loader on the lot had gotten bad hydraulic fluid that had water in it and the all had busted lines. It took about 45 minutes for them to get a forklift over to unload us.

That put us behind but not too badly.

The tow dolly started to bump badly on the way home. I figured it was time to see if the boat trailer tires were the same lug pattern. So when we got home I started on the clutch and Steph preformed a tire swap. Second problem of the day was that the new clutch had much larger bolt holes than the old one did. Unfortunately the only bolts I had that fit were off the DragonFly. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

We finished up at about the same time.

Christine needed gas so Steph went to the gas station. I headed on down to Dallas to get some BoJangle's biscuits. We met up at the bank where Steph went in to get some money.

We made up some time on the interstate and were only 20 minutes late to get the Range Rover and the misc scrap. The guy was more than glad to see it all leave. The Craftsman LT went on first then all the other stuff was piled on top and strapped down.

The Range Rover caused the next set of problems. First off we could not get it out of park. The guy was snatching on the lever like a madman. I told him it needed power and he said it didn't. I was right. A quick hook up to his VW and it came right out of park.

Once it was loaded on the dolly I started to pull it and the back tires locked up. The all wheel drive didn't want to be towed. We had to pull the driveshaft out. Since I could only get 1/16th turn each time it took a while to get the 4 bolts out.

When we had that done Steph asked if the diaper bag was in my truck. It wasn't. So while I took the Rover to a friends lot to keep from having to make the 2 hour round trip home she went to the store.

IMG_20150203_145908_067.jpg

Once I got to his lot he saw the truck and bought it from me.

Steph and I met back up at the other house to get the pickup truck and 4 big workbenches.

I got there first and started cleaning 3 years of pine needles off the hood and bed. Then I filled up both the lady's trash cans with the trash out of the bed. Steph got there about halfway through the bed cleaning. The lady showed up just as we got finished.

With a tug from the OX she was pulled from her berth and then we pushed her up to the back doors of the house. The Ox was too high to push it without smashing the grill and the pickup was too high for Christine to push. So it was all hands on fenders.

After the heavy lifting was done and the workbenches were strapped down Steph put the tow dolly back on the Ox and then I pushed the pickup out of the drive and steered it up on the dolly.

Heath had a blast running around the empty house.

We were supposed to follow the woman to the bank to get the title notarized. However the woman was not well versed in driving where she could be followed. We got separated and wound up following the wrong car and wound up in a state park. She called and asked where we were and I said I thought I was behind you. She had to come back and find us. We all had a good laugh then we got to the bank. It was closed.

She and Steph went over to a store that would notarize ti and Heath and I sat in the truck and watched all the people drive too fast.

IMG_20150203_171851_468.jpg

When we got on the interstate we found that the truck did not like being pulled past 45 with the heavy benches on it. It was a long slow drive home.

Steph stopped and got supper at Steak and Shake.

We finally got home and turned Gunner loose to tear around the yard.

These 16 hour days are too long.

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 7 others have said thanks

#2692 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 10:12 PM

Sounds like you had an eventful day for sure, glad you got everything back home. How rough is the "Rover"? You going to keep it or junk it?

#2693 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 10:44 PM

Good looking Chevy Truck.
Is that joining the fleet?

#2694 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yes. It will be giving Christine a munch needed break. We needed something all three of us could fit in. This thing appears to have no rust. The lady said it had a bad ring, but I haven't tried to start it. I can pick up a used 350 cheap enough if it needs one.

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#2695 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 11:08 PM

Sounds like you had an eventful day for sure, glad you got everything back home. How rough is the "Rover"? You going to keep it or junk it?

The guy I sold it to will part it out. Engine has a huge crack in it.

• Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#2696 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 12:44 AM

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that was my old truck; only mine had rust over the wheels. Good runner. Had 179,000 miles on it when I sold it to a scraper 2 years ago. He is still driving it. Miss that old truck.

• Craig. said thank you

#2697 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 04:52 PM

Last night I was so tired I didn't even shower before bed. Steph did make me wash the grease off my arms though.

Today I slept in and rested up. I did go outside to get the RPO codes off the new truck and check them. It looks like it was repainted at some time because it sure aint victory red.

I only answered one phone call from a  friend. Everyone else got voicemail.

rekaxkoungs.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#2698 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted February 05, 2015 - 08:36 PM

Tearing stuff up today.

My alarm went off this morning and I could not find my phone anywhere. For some reason Steph had moved it to her side of the bed.

Dawn-Of-The-Caffeinated-Zombie-Coffee-Mug.jpg

Once we were all ready we headed outside. We sorted through both trailers and got all the steel on one and the aluminum on the other.

Then I started tearing apart more broken small engines. I think I found the breeding pair and got them apart now. I also brought 2 more home in the load of junk.  I am pretty sure I got them before they could breed.

While we worked I kept seeing a grey early 90s Chevy 15 passenger van driving past very slow. We made sure Heath stayed close. On his 4th trip past I walked out to the road and he was turning around at th top of the hill. I stepped out in the road and he stopped and sat in teh middle of the road a bit then pulled into a driveway. I stood there and watched and they did not get out of the van. I called the police and when they saw me on the phone they backed out and left. The cops came about 20 minutes later. They made 2 passes and left.

We dragged the monster poop tarp that Username's friend gave us into the driveway and then got the workbenches out of the back of the 88 Chevy and got pics of them to post an ad. Then we covered them up with the tarp. They are so heavy I don't want to move them.

http://charlotte.cra...4879086141.html

I kept tearing stuff apart and Steph left to take Heath to a doc appointment for a nasty butt rash he has.

About 400 my back was killing me and I came in to sit for a minute. Almost as soon as I sat down FedEx pulled in the driveway. Our new phones arrived. I came back in and worked on getting them setup. By the time Steph got home all she had to do was turn her old one off and the new one on.

After she put Heath down for a nap and left for class I Headed back outside to clean up a bit and came back in just as the sun was going down.

At 7 I got Heath up. It was late for him to be napping, but he went down late. After a frantic search for my wallet I failed. I know that Heath got it out of the truck and gave it to me this morning so it is probably somewhere out in the dark. I managed to find some cash and headed down to the pharmacy to get his prescription.

Ont eh way back we swung by the KFC/TacoBell and got food.

When we got back Heath devoured a half of a large order of popcorn chicken nuggets, a bowl of mac and cheese, half my biscuit, and 4 pieces of my liver. I think I should have gotten more.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 2 others have said thanks

#2699 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,456 Thanks
  • 6,624 posts

Posted February 05, 2015 - 08:57 PM

Nice looking workbenches ,should be able able to sell them pretty easily

#2700 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted February 05, 2015 - 08:58 PM

Strange vehicles give anyone reason for pause, seems one becomes twice as edgy when you're a parent. We're you able to get a plate number?