UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 01:58 PM

My back has muscle damage from the wreck back in 2000.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2627 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 08:09 PM

Load it up and move it out.

Thanks to Daniel I actually slept last night!

This morning I woke up and actually felt almost human. It was amazing.

coffeemove.jpg

However, we had to leave here early to get to a friends (and neighbor) shop who has lost his lease. The BlueOx pulled the empty big trailer down and Christine pulled the little trailer with the Falcon and the mobile crane on it.

We got down to the shop and got started loading. The tire machine and balancer were the worst two items to get loaded, but the crane made short work of it.

Heath spent most of the day on top of Christine.

All that is left now is for the lift company to come and take the 2 post lift out. I still have to go back down and get OldSmokey tomorrow.

We got home and Steph put heath right down for a nap. He was tired enough that he didn't fight much.

Then we unloaded the trailer and carted all the stuff across the street. We had the big stuff moved before she even got home.

We had been wondering how much gas was in the Falcon all day. When we sat the tire machine down (the last big item) it died. If we had not been across the street it would have been perfect. Since her driveway is all uphill (just ask Old Buzzard) I probably could have rolled to the house. Steph went across the road and got the gas can. She has to spoil all my fun. Something about stopping in the middle of the road and getting run over. I don't understand women.

Steph stayed over there. I came home. My back was not happy.

Steph came in and got in the shower. The neighbor came over and gave me a hug and cried a little bit that I had canceled a job today to come help her out.

For my labor today I got a bowl of meatball cabbage soup. It was great. She still insists on paying me. I will fight that battle later.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2628 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 07:26 AM

Glad you got some rest! Sounds like you needed it with all you did! Soup sounds good!

• Craig. said thank you

#2629 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 07:33 AM

Busy day, glad you got rested up... You needed it.

#2630 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 05:48 PM

Well today it rained...

lakecoffee.JPG

and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained, and rained,and rained,and rained.

My yard is a lake.

• Craig., EricR and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2631 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 06:13 PM

And at Daniels it is snowing & snowing & snowing! Get the poles out and maybe you can catch supper!

• Craig. said thank you

#2632 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 06:27 PM

Did ya sleep well again last night Willie?  And yep, Kenny got it right...snowing here.  Was rain or sleet, then raain & sleet, then rain with sleet and snow....now just light snow.  Not gonna amount to much of anything I don't think.  Don't matter to me either way.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2633 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 06:31 PM

Slept pretty good.  Woke up a couple of times with back pain.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#2634 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 07:14 PM

I wasn't supposed to be this busy today.

Another good nights sleep.

Things started off easy enough.

I was planning on going Monday to get Old Smokey from the shop it has been sitting at. But I got a call from the guy I haul trucks for and I have to go to WV on Monday. So it had to be done today.

godard-mud-wrestling-canvas-art-coffee-bean.jpg

We all went outside to try to make some sense out of the mess in the BlueOx. While we were doing that Heath was checking out all the mud puddles in the yard.

After about 30 minutes I heard a familiar engine and my buddy, Reid, pulled in the drive. He needed a big rim to hang a large drop cord on. So he and I set off to look in the junk while Steph kept at the Ox.

Heath was playing in a puddle that was about 8 inches deep. He had on his rubber boots so his feet were dry and he was having a ball.

We found a rim and then Reid took a look at the mobile crane and how I want to modify it. He said to give him a couple of weeks and we could get it in to work on it.

He left and we finished up the Ox. Then I left to get Smokey.

When I got to the shop the body guy who was sharing the shop pointed out a few more things that were left. I called Steph to bring Christine to pick it all up. There were 3 55 gallon drums. No way they were going in the Ox.

I called roadside assistance to haul it back because it had two flat tires. While I waited for him to arrive I bought a scrap car from the body shop guy.

The tow truck arrived and we got the monster up on the bed. As we left for the house the truck got called and said he would bring me the money for hauling the truck. I told him I would be back at the shop in about an hour and he could bring the money there. It was a much shorter drive for him.

With Smokey unloaded we hooked the tow dolly to the Ox and left again.

While I stood out front and waited for my guy to arrive, Steph helped the body shop guy jump start a couple of vehicles. They have to move out too, but are only going across the street.

Once my guy arrived we got the scrap car started and up on the tow dolly. It is a 90 something Buick LeSabre that is trashed.

On the way home Steph ordered a pizza. Heath has not had a nap. HE is walking around like he has been drugged. I think puddle jumping wore him out.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2635 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 07:23 PM

Sounds like a good enough day!   :thumbs:   

• Craig. said thank you

#2636 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 02:59 PM

I think I am done for the day so I will go ahead and post.

Another good nights sleep. If I could get my back to cooperate I think I could sleep straight through.

I woke up to the sound of very loud music very close to the house. Steph was already out of bed. I looked out the window and found the culprit. Heath was in Christine jamming out. He recently learned how to turn the radio on and he loves any kind of music but rap. He was changing channels every few seconds and having a ball.

cup-musical-coffee-8649963.jpg

By the time I got outside Steph already had the Buford up on the trailer and was taking parts off.

I went out and checked the intake manifold bolts on the Ox and got her ready to go to WV tomorrow.

Then I helped Steph take the Buford apart. We got about 6 gallons of clean clear gas out of it.

WHen that was all taken care of we got OldSmokey jacked up and got the front tire back on the rim so we can move it later.

ON  whim I hopped on the Falcon and turned the key. The old girl fired right up. I took it over and we hooked the small trailer to teh mobile crane and I pulled it around back out of the way.

I saw my neighbor out working close to the fence line so I walked back to see what was going on. It turns out that his kids were driving him nuts so he came outside to work. He was cutting down a dead tree.

Steph, Heath, and Gunner came down. Gunner and the neighbors pittbull had a blast playing through the fence.

We talked a while and then we came in.

Not bad for a Sunday.

Edited by UncleWillie, January 25, 2015 - 03:00 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2637 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 09:46 AM

Made it to wv ( actually stayed just inside OH last night) going to get loaded up and out of here soon.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2638 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 10:13 AM

Be safe! Gonna swing by Daniels on the way back?

• Craig. said thank you

#2639 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,718 Thanks
  • 4,276 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 10:49 AM

Be safe! Gonna swing by Daniels on the way back?

That would be more than a litle out of the way. Daniel's on the wrong side of the state.

• Craig. said thank you

#2640 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,306 Thanks
  • 4,659 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 11:56 AM

Folks really don't realize just how big Ohio is until you drive through the dang place!  5-6 hours of our trips to Tenn are spent in Ohio!   :anvil_drop:

• Craig. said thank you