wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 08:04 PM

Beautiful day.

I woke up with lots of aches and pains I didn't go to bed with. Makes me wonder what I did in my sleep.

ugly_hunchback_pointing_at_you_mug-r30c5af93280f46c6b8cccd376206225e_x7jgp_8byvr_324.jpg

As I got dressed I bent over to tie my shoes and didn't think I was going to be able to unbend.

When I finally got myself outside, where Heath and Steph were already, I backed the OX under the gantry crane and unloaded the Murray and the Dixon. No way I was going to wrestle them off by hand. I was hurting enough already.

Then Steph pulled Christine over to the Falcon and started her up. I really need to get some batteries.

With the little two strap we quickly pulled the two mowers over out of the way.

The Dixon needs cone clutches and an engine so I will probably part it out.

dixon1.jpg

Dixon2.jpg

Dixon3.jpg

Even though it was Heath's nap time we decided to let him stay outside till he got really tired. It was 60 and he hasn't had a day to romp and play outside in a while. He even helped up move some stuff.

We hooked the little trailer to Christine and Steph backed it over to the big trailer. All the stuff on the big trailer was gone through and put on the little trailer. There were 2 push mowers and two dryers that needed to be disassembled along with some other stuff. 

Once that was done, and Heath had helped round up all the stray aluminum cans that were in the load, Steph put him down for a nap. He didn't even fight it. He got 2 extra hours of playtime outside. One of the things we had was a futon frame that he found all kinds of fun to climb on.

Then the Daewoo got taken off the tow dolly and put up on the big trailer. With this new scrap yard we are going to the tow dolly is a royal pain to unload.

At about 430 I finally hobbled back in the house.

I am not exactly sure what tried to escape the house, but it looks like it was unsuccessful.

dixon4.jpg

Steph stayed out a while longer to play with the dogs.

Heath woke up and went to the store with Steph. I haven't gotten out of my chair.

• olcowhand, KennyP, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#2612 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 07:13 PM

Another day another ache.

This morning I was awakened to noise outside. Steph had got up before me and started to strap down the load of scrap on the little trailer to take it to the scrap yard. She told me that the neighbor wanted to talk to me in person and she left.

I didn't think the neighbor wanted to see me in my sleeping attire and I couldn't bend over to put on pants so she had to wait till Steph go home to help me.

I managed to get upright and make coffee, albeit with some difficulty.

f886a5caf29a63a9c0b216e938e2d6a6.jpg

I was on my 4th cup when Steph got back and helped me get dressed. It is terrible to not be able to put your own socks on.

I called Wanda and she told me that she was not home, but that I would need to come get my 90 Suburban from her sons shop because he was having to close. He hasn't got enough business to stay open.

Steph put Heath down for a nap and then we hobbled outside. Well I hobbled, Steph took off like a jackrabbit.

While she worked on taking the Daewoo (Korean for POS) apart I worked on the trailer tire that keeps going flat. It was off the rim so I got the grinder with a wire brush on it and cleaned the rim. Then I coated it with black silicone and aired it back up. An inelegant repair, but effective. If it was a car I would get a new rim. For the trailer I am not wasting money on it.

The ground is so saturated that water came up through the jack base.

watersatr.jpg

Once I was done I helped Steph get the POS apart. I know why they went out of business. The car was designed by maniacs. I don't think you could get the alternator off without dropping the engine out. Once the head was off it was a bit easier.

Since it was a Yankee car two of the wheels were rusted on. I finally got to use my 8 pound sledge hammer I bought for $10 clearance at Northern Tool. Even with that one of them did not want to come off.

My buddy Paul stopped by and we talked a while. He had to look at all the tractors I have bought since last time he came over. Since he is nearly deaf I almost went hoarse talking loud enough for him to hear me. He never hears anything Steph says.

Once the gas was drained on the POS I hobbled inside and left Steph to finish up.

I tried to take my boots off, but she had tied them in double knots and I couldn't reach them to untie them. She finally came in and debooted me.

Heath got up from his nap and is now chasing Gunner around the house.

My goal for tomorrow is to get my boots on by myself.

• olcowhand, KennyP, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#2613 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 07:25 PM

Went through the inability to put shoes & socks on back when I was about 28 and had a pinched sciatic.   Then again 2 months ago with the blood clots in my leg.  Not a lot of fun!  Hope the pain subsides VERY soon for ya.

#2614 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 06:59 PM

Awwww Rats.

Well last night I tossed and turned and tried to find a comfortable position. IT didn't happen.

c051coffee11.jpg

I have no clue what time I got up, but it took me an hour to get out of bed. Steph was outside.

Much later than I wanted to we got to the scrap yard with the Korean POS. The loader had a hydraulic problem and would not lift the car. The guy said he could drag it off. I said go for it. I was standing about 10 feet from the trailer on the drivers side. The car decided to try to get even with me for calling it names. It hung on the passengers side and when it released it came flopping over toward me. I jumped back and it rolled right past me. The manager of the yard was watching and his eyes were huge. I told him I was going to tattle to the boss for throwing cars at me.

We finally collected our money and headed out - to the pet store.

We have both wanted another rat for a couple of years. We got two a male and a female.

ratssss.jpg

They are just about the best pet ever. You can play with them, not play with them just as long as you feed them they could care less. I have been bitten by pet mice (the cats got the last one after it bit me), gerbils, hamsters, and ferrets, but never a rat. SInce Heath is old enough to appreciate them and not try to put them in his mouth we decided it was time to get some.

At the tiny pet store (that is about 18 miles from the house) we ran into our next door neighbors.

On the way home we stopped at TSC and Steph went in to get two metal tool boxes to replace the plastic ones that are destroyed in the truck.

Then we stopped for some takeout and came home.

Heath went down for a nap after he ate.

Steph got in the shower and then had to leave for class.

I managed to get into the shower and my back feels a good bit better. Hopefully I can sleep tonight.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2615 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:03 PM

Willie, I now take 10mg of Melatonin 20 minutes before I go to bed.  Since taking this stuff, I fall asleep so fast it's unbelievable.   Maybe you should try it.  Within 10 minutes of taking it, I am yawning to beat the band.

#2616 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 08:45 PM

My problem last night was the back pain. There was no comfortable position.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#2617 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 08:47 PM

I know the feeling.   Lately it's my right arm going tingly and hurting, but the Melatonin still helps.  But my arm is nothing compared to real back pain.  Time for me to pop my pills & head to bed.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2618 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 10:23 PM

I called Steph and told her to get some Melatonin. We will see how well it works.

• Craig. said thank you

#2619 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 09:15 AM

Wow, Daniel that stuff put me right out. Thanks.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2620 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 09:19 AM

I agree, rats are cool pets.

When you end up having litters, send the babies to me.....my son has some long skinny pets of his own that need feeding :thumbs:

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2621 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 09:28 AM

How bad r ur disks? Or is it just back mussels?
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#2622 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 09:45 AM

I hope you mean muscles!

:bigrofl:

#2623 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 09:56 AM

Will my son had trouble with growth spurts & a couple of knee surgeries playing baseball. My wife had her normal mid life crisis. They both took Melatonin & say it's the best. It's all natural. Hope this works out for you.

#2624 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 11:58 AM

Wow, Daniel that stuff put me right out. Thanks.

Great! As said, all natural stuff and works perfectly for me.

#2625 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 12:10 PM

I have some friends who are into the essential oils. They take them for pain relief, headaches, sore muscles, immunity, etc. The get great results, but man, they can be expensive.