• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 07:14 PM

:bigrofl: on that last pic! At least he tried!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#2597 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 07:23 PM

:bigrofl: on that last pic! At least he tried!

Yep, Heath gets points too!  :thumbs:

#2598 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 08:08 PM

Yes he gets points for trying. He lost points for the mess he made LOL.

#2599 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 02:09 AM

I bet we've all had days where Heath's outfit looked normal compared to what we put on.
  • UncleWillie said thank you

#2600 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 07:20 PM

Have you ever played Silent Hill. Then you know how today looked.

Another night of not sleeping properly I managed to drift off with the rising sun and woke up about 4 hours later.

foggy2-tn-hs-220x170.jpg

I was supposed to take that engine apart today. However, this morning it was pouring rain.  I don't work too well under water, although it would have kept me awake.

Steph and Heath both took a nap at 2. I watched a movie and waited till 5 when we had to go pick up a car.

I ventured out in to the fog and groped around for the BlueOx and finally found it. When I released the pintle on the trailer I got a big surprise. The trailer did a wheel stand. I was glad I was the one that released it and not short Steph. I might have caved her cute little face in. With the engine out of the Decrepit all the weight was on the rear of the trailer. I can push it back down so there wont be any problem hooking it back up.

After fishing though the soup for the tow dolly I got hooked up and then we all loaded up and left - including Gunner.

One stop at the post office, one at the gas station and we were at the place the guy works.

It wasn't hard to find a 2000 Daewoo Lanos S with Indiana plates. IT kind of stuck out like a sore thumb - a tiny sore thumb.

Once that was hooked up we headed home.

I made one stop at the ABC store for something that will hopefully help me get to sleep tonight.

Steph is cooking some pork chops for dinner. Heath is running around like a banshee. Gunner is sleeping under the desk.

• olcowhand, KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#2601 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 03:57 PM

Well nothing got done today.

I woke up this morning with my hands hurting like someone ran them over.

kedaisore_1340698084_91.jpg

Heath woke up before we did and had himself a grand old time.

Steph had to go pick up a prescription for me and I told her to try and find me a pair of compression gloves. I have heard they don't hold up well to work, but the pain is getting nuts. She came back with a pair of Copper Hands gloves. They were the only ones she could find in my size. I ripped the seam open on one putting them on. I will take them back tomorrow and get another pair. They seem to help a small amount. At least I can type.

Heath went dfown for a nap at 2. He still isn't asleep yet.

• olcowhand, MH81, OldBuzzard and 2 others have said thanks

#2602 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:04 PM

Broke it down today.

Last night I got caught up on all the sleep I have been missing. I logged 12 hours. I woke up a bit foggy, but much better rested.

coffee.jpg

Ten we all went outside to get started on the Decrepit engine.

First we had to get the Hemorrhoid and the Falcon running to move the engine/trans/cradle assembly over to where we could work on it.

The Hemorrhoid again refused to crank. However, I had a serious discussion about using it for target practice and it finally relented. The Falcon started within 3 rotations of the engine.

The engine assemble was chained to the Falcon and the Hemorrhoid was strapped to the front of it and then we pulled the whole train over to the work area. With the engine up on a sheet of plywood we got the engine hoist over.

Steph took Heath in to put him down for a nap.

I figured it would take 15 or 20 minutes to pick it up with the engine hoist and get the cradle out from under it. WRONG. There is nothing on that engine to hook to to lift it. After a lot of failed attempts we finally got it up in the air and got the cradle out from under it.

For those who have never done one, the engine in a Dodge Decrepit, and many other cars, comes out the bottom. It is a simple matter of taking out about 10 bolts and disconnecting all the wiring and hoses and then lowering it to the ground.

We picked the engine and trans up by chaining to the cradle to get it off the trailer. However since we were removing the cradle today we couldn't chain to it.

It took nearly an hour to get  the cradle removed. I was a bit frustrated.

About 15 minutes later the transmission was loose. While I was unbolting the trans Steph Jacked up the rear of the car to punch the gas tank and drain the 1/4 tank of fuel and pull the back tires off. She had the air drill and said the tank was plastic but it was to hard for the bit to cut. I went over an looked and she had the drill reversed. LOL

I grabbed my engine stand and started to hook it up. We had no bolts to hook it to the stand with. We went through ever bucket of bolts we had and only found 1. I needed 4. 

SO I made a run to the hardware store and spent a whopping $12 for 4 bolts. They will be carefully labeled and stored for futile use - or resale for my retirement.

With the engine bolted to the stand we started to toss the engine cradle into the trunk of the decrepit. We got it about waist high and my back said no way.

So it got lifted up with the gantry crane, which is what I should have done from the start.

Then I hopped in the OX and stuck it in 4wd and pulled around front. The Decrepit had managed to slide backwards when Steph jacked it up. I slowly backed up to the light pole and pushed the car back on. Much better than straining myself. One of these days I am going to push that pole out of the ground and have to explain myself.

Steph left for class and I kept disassembling the engine. I want to find a Chrysler engineer and punch them in the nose.

I got the top end and front off the engine and called it a day. My hands were throbbing and I was hunched over like I should live in a bell tower.

Heath was still asleep so I hopped in the shower.

I got out and I found Gunner and the kittens all cuddled up together. SO I took a picture.

ollychoke.jpg

Note the odd yellow reflection around the cats neck. I thought it was interesting too. I checked and he had Heaths snap bracelet around his neck.  All I can figure is the cat went in Heath's bedroom and got decorated. He doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects.

Yesterday morning I found the same cat with a bell around his neck.

I  checked my Papa Johns account and I had a free pizza, so I ordered it.

Then I got Heath up and dressed.

When the pizza came I opened the door and it was raining. And the rabbit was still on the porch. I had no idea he was even outside.

The pizza guy helped me get him in side and wanted to buy his cage. LOL.

Heath and I had pizza and now we have nothing to do, but play with trucks till bedtime.

• olcowhand, Craig. and EricR have said thanks

#2603 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:12 PM

I have enough PaPa Points for a free pizza too......gotta cash that in soon!

• Craig. said thank you

#2604 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:52 PM

free pizza tastes better

• Craig. said thank you

#2605 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 09:18 PM

I wish we had a PaPa's up here, but there are more pie shacks than people here as it is.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2606 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 05:57 PM

If I was a horse someone would shoot me.

This morning my alarm went off and I sat up and turned it off and next thing I knew it was 2 hours later.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpeg

After I finally got moving we went out to finish up the engine. That was easy enough. If it had not benn for 8000000000 texts and phone calls it would have been even faster

Then the sawzall came out and the rusty boat trailer got slices up and put in side the Decrepit.

daewootrailer.jpg

At around 1 we were on our way tot he scrap yard. Heath almost instantly fell asleep. He played hard out in the yard this morning.

IT took us about an hour and a half to get through that and get paid.

We stopped at Bojangles on the way home. Heath woke up just in time for some french fries.

We got home and needed to move the Daewoo out of the driveway. We hooked the tow dolly to Christine. Christine instantly got stuck in the mud.

So the BlueOx with the big trailer still attached got tossed into 4wd and pulled everything around the yard and out of the way.

Last night the pizza guy nearly hit it when he was flying in the drive. He said it scared him top death.

A quick check revealed that the Daewoo has a cast iron block so no engine pulling it.

I also found this.

daewooplugs.jpg

That is air line that has been put over the plug wires. No idea why.

I staggered into the house and sat down. All of me hurts.

Steph got 3 eggs from the chickens today. Dropped two of them on the way inside.

Heath was running wild in the back yard last I saw. He loved the warmer weather today it was 45.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#2607 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 06:05 PM

I refuse to carry a cell phone after 5:00pm. "8000000000 texts and phone calls".

Supposed to get in the 70's here this weekend, I plan on LOTS of outside time with Car maintenance, Tractor painting, and BBQ. Will probably BBQ several times this weekend. Glad Heath is enjoying the weather!

#2608 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,239 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 06:44 PM

That dab of yellow over the plug wires gave it 10 more horsepower.

#2609 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 06:44 PM

I'll be there about 2PM Larry!

#2610 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 06:53 PM

Finally got what I was owed (but it was my fault I haven't gotten it yet)

This morning I clanked and ground to a start.

Bk4dU.jpg

Then we hopped in the BlueOx and headed up to a regular pickups house. His in-laws are coming and the mess had to go. So we got 2 washers, a futon frame, several string trimmers, a chainsaw, two push brooms, lots of 1 inch rebar, and a ton of misc junk.

He had his in his driveway.

IMG_20150117_133152_072.jpg

IMG_20150117_133159_304.jpg

IMG_20150117_133212_291.jpg

IMG_20150117_133320_419.jpg

IMG_20150117_134803_356.jpg

69 Dodger Polara. He traded a heavily bondoed 71 Beetle for it. I am going to get my friend, Grady, to see what he would charge to fix the top.

Then we headed up to get some air in a trailer tire. We pulled in to Discount tire and were accosted by a legion of discounters who all declare that my trailer tires were too old to safely put air in. They were yelling that my tire was unsafe. I asked them how much more unsafe it was to let me drive off with a low tire.I told them what I thought of that and left. I left further evidence of my displeasure tattooed across their parking lot. Then I went to the gas station next door and aired up the tire. 

The rim needs to be cleaned off. It only leaks if it sits for a day or so.

Then we drove up to Catawba. NC.

This summer a friend of mine needed a mower. I had just gotten a good running, but in serious need of a bath Craftsman in. We worked out a trade for his old mower and a bunch of other stuff.

When I got to his house I found a little Dixon zero turn sitting next to his old Murray. The Dixon needs cone clutches and and engine, but is otherwise in tact. I will be listing it for parts.

My phone was misbehaving so no pics of it today.

This week I need to go back up there and get a mobile home frame from behind his house. It will be a simple enough matter of airing up the tires and leaving with it.

On the way home we were all hungry. I was craving Chinese. So we went to Jin's Buffet. After stuffing ourselves we headed to TSC.

I had a $15 gift card so we looked around a bit. I found some jeans on sale for $12 and some .177 pellets. Steph got a pair of Jeans in her size and Heath got a sucker that he can barely get in his mouth - although that isn't stopping him.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks