• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 12:15 PM

Not a lot going on.

It has been pouring rain for a days.

sleeping_pandas_mug-r631cb0d98cdc449ca07f28bd1da97e41_x7jpm_8byvr_324.jpg

The girls came over on Friday. Jared elected to stay at his Grandmothers. I guess he had something to do.

We opened presents and had fun.

10888488_10153041727464739_5626416515649721844_n.jpg

On Friday afternoon Graham brought a bunch of cardboard boxes over and piled them at the burn barrel. Emily and I went out and got the Hemorrhoid and the Falcon jump started then hooked the tiny trailer up to the Hemorrhoid, the crane was still attached to the Falcon. We picked up the burn barrel with the crane then she backed the tiny trailer up under it. We took it down the hill and emptied it into the weeds.

Once we got back up the hill I put a 4x4 foot piece of steel under it to reduce those pesky fires that tend to occur when a spark falls out. Then we burned all the boxes.

Saturday afternoon I had to take them back to their grandmothers. They flew back to AZ yesterday.

Heath has claimed the recliner for his own.

10885248_10153041727334739_8397415630548977166_n.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2582 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 06:27 PM

Happy New Year from the gang

legony.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#2583 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 07:53 PM

Back At you Willie! I see the 'gang' is keeping warm!

#2584 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 08:31 PM

Happy New Year Willie, Lets see what 2015 brings!

#2585 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 05:57 PM

Got some stuff done today.

It was overcast and nasty when I woke up. I went back to sleep.

Finally I got up and started the day.

Steph left at 11 to meet a friend in Hickory and I had some stuff to get done here.

I had a weeks worth of emails to catch up on and the phone was rining like mad. One call was from a guy in Hickory who had a lawn tractor he wanted to sell. I told him $75 if it ran and $50 if it didn't. The pictures he texted me were rough. I know I can resurrect it. I have another engine if needed.

crud.jpg

crud2.jpg

I told him that if he would help her load it I would send Steph by there while she was in Hickory. He said send her on - so I did.

After sorting through emails I finally got out the door, climbed in the BlueOx and headed out. First stop was the gas station - the OX was empty. Then the ABC store for some medication. Then to AutoZone for some Seafoam and Brake cleaner.

I got back home and parked by the Sears SS 12 ( I think she shall be named Old Crusty). With the jumper cables hooked up and a snort of brake cleaner in the carb,  I wrestled with her a bit before she begrudgingly started, and promptly died. Another snort and she fired and died again. I did some looking and found the fuel line crimped. I have no idea how it ran to till the garden like that. With the line de-crimped she started up and ran. I drove her across the yard to a better parking spot then got the hand pump and pumped all the gas into a can and poured Seafoam in the tank. Once it started to smoke I know it was running on Seafoam so I shut her off.

Then I took a swing at the tiller. It refused to start. I did a few Yoga poses and got to where I could see the sedement bowl. It was packed full. So I pumped the gas into the can and then pulled the bowl. It looked like it was full of coffee grounds. The tank will be coming off to be cleaned. Again I have no idea how it ran to till the garden. I tried putting some clean gas in the tank and starting it. No go. If I pulled the spark plug and gave it a shnort of brake cleaner it would start and then die. About the 800000000000th pull my back said,"HELP' and I had to stop. I pulled the spark plug and fulled the cylinder up with SeaFoam till it ran out of the little valve on the carb. Since it is is a weird design I couldn't get to the carb without taking things apart. To remind me that the cylinder was full I took the coil wire off and tucked it inside the tins.

Then I went over to Gradys tractor. After some complaints and fussing it started. I drove it about 10 feet and it died. Since it was down hill and it rolls pretty easy I shoved it out of the way and then played with it again till I got it to run and then shut off the fuel and let it run dry. I have a lot of work to do on that thing this winter.

By that time my back was really mad so I came in.

I still had coffee in my pot so I made a couple of cups of special pain relieving coffee.

83.jpg

Steph and Heath came home from their day of shopping and now Heath and I are eating a bag of BBQ Lays.

Not a bad day at all.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2586 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 06:14 PM

To get by, a very strong magnet (on a piece of thin rope or stranded copper wire) worked to the end of the tank furthest from the outlet has saved me some grief until I can get the tank cleaned out.
Isn't it funny how we associate with the things we know best

It looked like it was full of coffee grounds.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#2587 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 07:27 PM

To get by, a very strong magnet (on a piece of thin rope or stranded copper wire) worked to the end of the tank furthest from the outlet has saved me some grief until I can get the tank cleaned out.
Isn't it funny how we associate with the things we know best

It is empty now so I will yank the tank off and clean it out before too long. I know I have 3 more gardens to till for neighbors this spring.

• Craig. said thank you

#2588 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 07:59 PM

I have that same little Craftsman gold mower, been a workhorse for the last 7 or 8 yrs or so I've had it 

#2589 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 05, 2015 - 06:45 PM

I think I got plenty of exercise today.

Due to a miscommunication I thought the girls had already left for AZ last Monday. They were scheduled to leave today. I guess I should have asked the exact date they were leaving. Their grandmother couldn't take them to the airport so last night I drove up and dropped Jared off and picked them up. I brought Jared's broken Lawn tractor home too.

He didn't tell me that his grandmothers yard was a swamp so I pulled in to the grass to turn around like I have a thousand times before and I sunk. I stuck the Ox in 4wd and it immediately came out. That truck is a tank. Jared said his Uncles Ford had to be pulled out. 

The new meds the doc has me on just flat knock me out. I don't know what time I went to sleep last night, but Steph woke me up at noon. SHesh.

So I grabbed my thermos and we left.

jet-age-vintage-airplane-coffee-cup-and-saucer-MCM-Cosmopolitan-china-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-b9276-2.jpg

The great thing at the airport was that the new parking lot was open so we got to park close.

We went in and got the tickets and were told that there was an hour delay. I wasn't planning on going to the gate with them. They gave me a gate pass so I could to wait with them. I remembered I had a credit card knife in my wallet so I went over to a rack of brochures and slipped it in the middle of them. IT only cost $2 so I wasn't worried about loosing it.

When we got to the screening area and I emptied my pockets i found my $100 Spiderco knife. I wasn't chancing loosing it. SO I told the girls to wait on the other side of the screening and I hoofed it out to the truck. I snagged my CC Knife on the way out.

I got back in with my ankle throbbing. We made our way to the gate and checked in. I talked to the gal at the gate a bit then we went to get a bite to eat.

There was no where near their gate to sit so we sat at a Delta gate and ate. We wandered back to the SouthWest gate to see how things were going and it was still delayed.

We went back to the Delta gate and sat a while. Allison and I played a game on her laptop.

They both went to the restroom and then the gal from the gate came over and said they were closing the doors. I grabbed all the luggage and started over. I saw Allison and told her to haul it back to get Emily and tell her to run.

When we got to the gate Allison said that her coat was still at the Delta gate. So I ran. back. And I mean I ran. Not I walked fast. I got the jacket back to the gate just in the nick of time.

It is a good thing I was harassing the gal at the gate because she remembered us. My ex would have been on the warpath if they missed the flight.

After I caught my breath and could walk without wobbling so much I made my way out of the airport. My bad ankle is throbbing. It feels like someone drove a nail through it.

Once I hobbled back to the truck I made my way out of the maze built for tiny vehicles and not a huge house on wheels, and departed.

20 minutes later I was sitting in the parking lot at Pull-A-Part.

I needed parts for 3 different vehicles. One of which was seat belt latches for the Ox. I was down to 2 working ones.

The computer there only showed 1 Suburban. I found 4. One with the right color belts- way at the back of the lot. I snagged them and headed out. They didn't have the other two cars - both of which needed drivers side mirror covers. Both driven by women.

Traffic wasn't too awful on the way home. I made it just in time to watch CHiPs.

My ankle is killing me.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2590 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted January 05, 2015 - 08:07 PM

When your ankle starts hurting and you wanna sit down, do ya want me to drive over & whack it with a stick to keep you moving? :smilewink: 

You sure had a hectic airport stay for sure!   

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2591 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 06, 2015 - 10:33 PM

Last night Buddy called (after I had taken pain meds) with a question about his Honda Odyssey that would not start. He jump started it and went to Autozone and got a new battery. Then it would not restart. I told him it had to be a loose wire. I couldn't drive so He was on his own.

They managed to get it started then he went to Wal-Mart. It would not restart. I told him I would come today.

Well this morning at 630 I was still awake. I finally dozed off. Gunner woke me up at 7.

coffee-milk-coffee-beans-as-lightning-20102591.jpg

I managed to get back to sleep in fits and starts and finally gave up at 11 and got up.

Steph and Heath were gone to run some errands. I found out when she got home that they stopped at the park for a hour so he could play with some other kids.

I had to make a call to my insurance to find out what they had changed so that my new prescription did not go through. That burned up an hour and a half.

Steph got home and they got into work clothes because we didn't really know what was going to happen with the van. The tow dolly got hooked to the Ox and we headed out. Heath fell asleep right away.

We got to Walmart and I started the van right up. I could hear a weird noise when it started. I drove it up to where there were no other cars and looked under the hood while Steph turned the key. I could hear an electrical crackle. I pulled the battery out and found the solenoid wire to the starter to be off and barely making contact. I stuck it back on and it worked perfect.

They invited us over for dinner so we went.

Heath had a ball chasing their cats and dog around. We all had a good visit.

We got home at 930 and Heath went right down to sleep. He had a big day.

Tomorrow I have work to do. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2592 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:38 PM

Baby it is windy outside.

windydog.jpg

I got to sleep at 3 am last night. I am getting lazy.

When I woke up - or rather when Heath came in the room and started jumping

handling-hot-coffee.jpg

Here at the house the temp was in the 20s but there was no wind. I had on a long sleeved shirt and a vest. Here it was fine.

We stopped by Wal-Mart so she could run in and get a gift card to make the gas cheaper at the Murphy station.

We got to the gas station and I got out. Holy windchill, Batman. I felt like I was standing out there naked. Once we got gas I went back to the house and got my coat. No way I was going to load a car and let my shoulder freeze.

We headed off to get a car from a friend of Steph's mom. She found out what happens when an unmovable object meets a very  stoppable force.

IMG95201412039513414795894.jpg

Somehow she wasn't hurt. The engine is under the dash.

The wind was even worse at her house.

After it was on the dolly we headed home.  Here there was no wind at all. It was nice. I peeled off the coat and went back to the vest.

Since there is no hope of getting parts off the engine of the car we cut the catalytic converter and called it a day.

Steph left to go shopping while I stayed here with Heath who was taking a nap.

She came home after I had typed the first 4 lines of this post and informed me that she had lost her bank card. A wind search ensued and I told her to call Wal-Mart and see if it was there while I went out and checked in the Ox.

After about 45 minutes she got the customer service desk and they said it was there. So she left to get it.

I have no idea what is for dinner. She should be back soon.

Heath just woke up so things should start to liven up around here.

Edited by UncleWillie, January 07, 2015 - 06:40 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2593 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 07:54 PM

Wind was no nonexistent today.

This morning I had a terrible time waking up. It took me three or 4 tries to finally get my eyes opened.

When I finally got into the upright and locked position

monster-mug.jpg

Then Heath and I watched a few truck videos and did nothing for a while.

At 1 we headed out.

First stop was the pharmacy to get the prescription that my insurance finally decided to cover. Then to the scrap yard to unload the bent Sentra.

I didn't realize that Steph had told her friend they could have the tires back off the car. I was just planning on a dump and run at the scrap yard.

We got that unloaded and then had to go back home to get my phone that I left on my desk. It had the address and phone number of the car we were picking up in Conover on it so it was kind of important to have.

When we got to Hickory my phone informed me that it was dying and the only charging cable we had was broken. Looked like it got shut in a door.

We had to stop and get a cable. Evidently everyone else broke theirs too because we stopped in 4 places before we found on at Harbor Freight. IT was only 4 inches long but it worked.

Once we had the car loaded we headed back towards home.

We were all hungry so we swing in to KFC. I ordered the liver dinner and I must have gotten there just as they were going to make a new batch because I got a huge plate full of it.

Heath took a minute from stuffing his face to show off all the lumps on his head.

bumphead.jpg

We got home to Gunner wide open and excited to see us. From now on we are going to have to take him outside to say hello. IN his excitement he tinkled in 3 different places.

Tomorrow we are going to clean up the work area and start pulling the Dodge Decrepit apart.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#2594 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 04:18 PM

Small steps today.

I woke up feeling like I was run over by elephants in golf cleats.

elephant-coffee_2424296k.jpg

When I searched elephant coffee this was the first image I found Ewewww.

elephant_dung_coffee_660.jpg

After I got moving and Heath went down for his nap Steph and I went out to do a little work. (I had to come in three times to put heath back in the bed. I finally had to put the cats out of his room because he was getting out of his crib to get toys to throw at them while they slept on the other bed. He finally gave up and went to sleep.)

First we moved the redneck tractor lift (a stack of pallets with a sheet of plywood over it) and then cleaned up the lovely and ugly imitation Oriental rug that has kept stuff from getting buried in the mud.

Once we had accomplished that we got the Dodge Decrepit off the tow dolly and took the dolly off the Ox.

The Ox got a hitch swap over to the pintle hitch and then the big trailer was hooked up.

Since the GTV18 I bought from the scrap yard was still on the trailer, Christine was enlisted to pull it off and drag it to the tractor parking area. (Which I really need to clean up again.)

The Trailer got pulled around to the front yard and I drove the Decrepit up on it. It only has first gear, but it was a lot easier to load when it pulled itself.

After the trailer was backed around to the work area and we searched through the car the big dogs were released from captivity to run wild for a while. Gunner has nearly run his little legs off trying to keep up with them.

We deiced the ducks pool. It had a 3 inch layer of ice on it. And Stephie refilled it. I really need to find some kind of heater to put in it. Of course the dogs splashed around in the mud that resulted from the emptying.

I came in and I am worn out. My aches and pains have aches and pains.

Edited by UncleWillie, January 10, 2015 - 04:22 PM.

• olcowhand, KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#2595 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 05:21 PM

I need to get more sleep.

Last night at 8pm I could barely keep my eyes open. I knew it was way to early to go to sleep. I was trying to watch TV on the couch. All I know is that I blinked and another show was on, Heath was in bed, and Steph left to go to the store.  I blinked again and a different show was on. I staggered to the bed.

I went to sleep until 12. Then I was wide awake. At about 8 am I managed to drift off to sleep. At around 1130 I was awakened by the sound of the impact wrench.

So I staggered to the door and looked outside. Heath was playing in Christine, Gunner was chasing the cats, Steph was under the hood of the Decrepit. She had both front tires off and was doing something to the drivers suspension. I staggered back to make coffee.

crack.jpg

About 30 minutes later I managed to drag myself outside. She had a lot of bolts loose, but not too many of the ones we needed to take loose. It is OK. She gets points for effort.

At some point she put Heath down for a nap.

In about 2 - 3  hours we had the cars body swinging from the gantry crane and the engine sitting on the trailer.

Then nothing in the yard would start. The Hemorrhoid flat refused to even turn over. And the Falcon was barely turning. I went to get Christine. Heath had left the headlights on and it was dead. I got the battery charger and put it on the Hemorrhoid. It would barely turn. SO I put the charger on the Falcon. She fired right up like she always does. We hooked a chain to the Hemorrhoid and dragged it out of the way.

Then I used the Falcon to pull the engine/trans/ cradle combination out from under the Decrepit. IT was on the floor jack so it came along without too much complaint. Then the mobile crane was employed to lift it off the trailer. There was the problem - it lifted the back of the tractor off the ground.

So we shored up the engine and turned our attention to Christine. The Decrepit had a good battery so it got put in along with new battery terminals. She fired right up. Then Steph used her to pull the Falcon/crane/engine/trans/cradle combo away from the trailer. With it set on the ground we turned our attention to the rusted out boat trailer I bought some time ago.

Steph pulled it back to the work area with Christine and parked it. The tongue, tires, and lights will come off it and it will be strapped to the roof of the Decrepit.

Tomorrow I have to tear the engine down to the bare block and separate out all the aluminum and steel. This is where we stopped.

decrepit.jpg

I came and and found that Heath had awakened and dressed himself to come outside. He had on one of my socks, one of his, and one of Steph's work shirts. He dressed out of the dirty laundry basket.

heathdress.jpg

• olcowhand, KennyP, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks