• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted December 15, 2014 - 07:42 PM

I think you need a Granny gear for tilling! That have the hi/lo tranny? Glad you got to play in the dirt!

#2552 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 15, 2014 - 07:44 PM

Yeah after I made that run I figured out that I had it in high instead of low I actually figured it out at the end of that video when I let off the clutch and it jumped out from under me I thought it was going to throw me off it did a pretty impressive wheelie though
  • olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2553 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 05:31 PM

Remember I said I got a good nights sleep night before last. Blah.

Last night I got to sleep at 4am. When the alarm went off I said nope and went back to sleep till the phone started ringing.

10NEA_450.jpg

At 1030 we left to get a friends 84 Jeep Wrangler and tow it to a dealership where he had traded it in.

It did not want to start when we got there, but a splash of gas in the carb and it woke up and drove up on the dolly.

IT took us about 45 minutes to get to Huntersville where we dropped it.  All the salesmen from the dealership were coming out and drooling over it.

This is the Jeep we towed, but that pic is from several months ago when I pulled it to that shop. It was since put back together.

post-10399-0-07122800-1400117416.jpg

He gave Steph some money and we headed back to the home range. We stopped at Wal-Mart in Denver to get some fabric for Steph to patch my pants with and something for dinner. Heath and I had a blast playing with the shopping cart. I had him laughing so hard spinning him around in the buggy that people were looking out the ends of the aisles to see what the noise was.

While Heath and I were disturbing the peace JacobD called and asked if I had found he saw blade he asked me about last night. I had completely forgotten about it.

First thing I did when we got home was to look for one. The blade on my good saw was smoked and it had the carbide tips he wanted so I pulled it off. Just as I was texting him to tell him I was leaving for the tire shop to pick up my rims he pulled in the driveway.

Steph said she would go get the rims.

Jacob and I talked for a while and I got a call from a regular customer that has a car he wants me to pick up tomorrow.

Heath was trying to get in Jacobs car. I think he wanted to go visit.

Jacob left and Heath and I came in. Steph got home about that time and is now cooking dinner.

The motorcycle gloves work pretty good to keep my thumbs from hurting so bad, Although I look like a redneck Hells Angel.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 5 others have said thanks

#2554 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 10:56 AM

I saw an old Jeep pickup like that the other day. I drooled over it too, I've not seen one of them in a long time. Do you ever pick up a car you can fix & flip for a profit.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2555 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:33 AM

Isn't that a wagoner?

I seen an 80s Jeep pickup the other day that looked pretty cool. 

• Craig. said thank you

#2556 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,720 Thanks
  • 4,279 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:58 AM

Isn't that a wagoneer?

That's what I thought it was.. 

• Craig. said thank you

#2557 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yes a Wagoneer

#2558 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 01:25 PM

I saw an old Jeep pickup like that the other day. I drooled over it too, I've not seen one of them in a long time. Do you ever pick up a car you can fix & flip for a profit.

Yeah a couple of times a year.

• Sawdust said thank you

#2559 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 07:32 PM

Today things got heated up.

This morning way earlier than I wanted to Steph and I got up and got dressed.

coffee-melting-in-the-sun.png

Then I got in Christine with my thermos and a load of aluminum and headed off to the smelter. I didn't have all that much stuff but we needed some extra cash.

THen I came home and cleaned my desk. Holy Moses was there a lot of junk on it. Remember the old comic strip SHOE. My desk looked worse. I found about 25 tractor keys and 8 pairs of nail clippers.

While Steph cleaned up our bedroom, which has been sorely neglected for quite some time now because we can just shut the door when someone comes over LOL, I headed out to see if the GTV18 I got from the scrap yard was functional.

I put in a battery, checked the oil, and poured some gas in the carb. IT turned over but didn't fire. I pulled the plugs and they both had fuel on them. They are not getting any fire. SO I buttoned it back up. When I get the Dragonfly back together I will dive into this one. It was mainly purchased so I would know where all the stuff Heath dumped in the floor goes.

Then I came back inside and Steph and I played seem puzzle games on the computer. Between the two of us we can figure most all of them out.

We had chicken and potatoes for dinner.

Steph and Heath left to get some groceries.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2560 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted December 18, 2014 - 09:41 AM

While Steph cleaned up our bedroom, which has been sorely neglected for quite some time now because we can just shut the door when someone comes over LOL,

Sounds like my wife...my 1/4 of the room is clean, can barely walk in the other 3/4 of the room. She blames not having a closet,....whatever. I blame it on her Iphone/internet and the couch :smilewink:   We will see when we move this weekend after she gets two huge closets.

• Craig. said thank you

#2561 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 19, 2014 - 06:49 PM

Got dark in a hurry tonight.

When I went to bed last night my brain was working on the OX and it would not stop. I did a good bit of research on the Hydroboost unit on my brakes and found a way to remove push arm from it so I can put it in the good one that I have. (I bought a hydroboost unit that is identical to mine except for the rod that goes to the brake pedal - it is about 2 inches shorter.)

When my alarm went off this morning I said nope. I got to sleep at about 4am. No way I was getting up 4 hours later.

When I finally dragged myself into the kitchen.

4233265_f496.jpg

(Picture has nothing to do with my post I just found it hilarious - and the gal is cute)

Then I did some more looking online on the hydro-boost situation. Mine works but it is leaking big ime and I am having to put stop leak in it every could of months. My engine compartment is a mess of power steering fluid.

Then I went out and started cleaning my shop. It looks like a bomb went off in it. Tools everywhere. Parts piled up on everything. It was horrible.

After a couple of hours I called Steph out to help me. The bending was taking a toll on my back.

Since Heath was down for a nap we had some time.

It got dark all too soon and the shop lights are pathetic so we called it a day. I did get the stereo out there working again so that was a plus. And now you can see part of the floor.

We came in and Steph left for the store. Heath was up and he came in to the office with me to watch some TV. Chips was on and he loves all the car crashes.

Pancakes and bacon for dinner tonight.

Maybe I can get to sleep at a descent hour.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2562 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 12:09 AM

I can relate to the Shop being a reck, I plan on putting mine back together tomorrow after struggling with the Roper mandrills. Pancakes and Bacon? Breakfast maybe, but I can't criticize I had meat balls, tater tots and corn on the cob. Wife needs to go grocery shopping tomorrow.

• Craig. said thank you

#2563 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,608 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 12:15 AM

Gotta love breakfast for supper... We have that often
We had chili tonight. Mmmmm.

As for a trashed out work area, if you ever want to feel better about yours, stop on down to see mine. It's a damn mess and I can't get time without interruptions to do it.

Maybe February, when its -20 I will be able to work out there in the unheated garage without poo going wrong.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2564 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 04:24 AM

I keep hoping I can do some cleaning in my shop. But, something always seems to take up the time and I just wade through it a while longer!

• MH81, Craig. and Bmerf have said thanks

#2565 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 09:26 AM

I keep hoping I can do some cleaning in my shop. But, something always seems to take up the time and I just wade through it a while longer!

:ditto:  I always say that I will get to it tomorrow, but tomorrow never seems to come. Shop usually only gets cleaned to make room for the next project. :wallbanging:

• Craig. said thank you