WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,301 Thanks
  • 4,656 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:59 PM

Heath needs a fishin pole dad!!

My dad used the pontoons off an old party boat to make his dock for our camp up north..  He cut them off and installed decking.  We're up @ Black lake in Hammond N.Y. and the lake level there varies a lot through the year so it works great without a bunch of messing with it all year long..  

That boat looks pretty good to be scrapped out..  Mount a deck on it for the next monsoon season to keep the lawn under control! :D

#242 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 07:50 AM

Keep up the good work . Pretty good stories .

larryd

#243 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:43 PM

Semi productive day.

Was up late last night because I couldn't get to sleep. Woke up about 930 or so with the wind howling outside like it was mad at the world. Steph was back in bed after a rough night with Heath so I had the house to myself while I attended my morning routine.

Got outside and snapped a couple of pics of the free wagon

2013-01-30_14-40-55_135.jpg

It has the same tires as my hand trucks.

2013-01-30_14-41-08_180.jpg

Then brought the Ryobi trimmer inside. It seems to have good compression. I had no fuel to put in it so I didn't try to start it.

2013-01-30_14-40-08_659.jpg

Steph and Heath came out in time for the wind to pick up again. I noticed that the carport was moving about a food side to side so we took some long ratchet straps and cross braced it so keep it in place. I knew I was going to have to make some braces for it so I guess I had better get on it.

Then, after making sure it didn't work, I took apart the treadmill. Have some steel to take off and have a lot of neat springs, switches, hardware and a large piece of plywood that I am holding on to. Also I am keeping the belt so I have something to lay on.

2013-01-30_14-40-25_179.jpg

Now I am listening to the pouring rain. Wonder if my boat will float off.

Funny story. This morning Steph came out and we had this conversation

Steph: are you mad at me. You haven't talked to me all morning.

Me: You were asleep when I got up and I haven't seen you all morning.

Steph: You didn't talk to me when I came back to bed.

Me: I was asleep.

Steph: Confused look on face.

Women are funny.

• Craig. said thank you

#244 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 09:02 PM

WOMEN are funny???? Cummon Willie, everybody is funny!!

#245 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:33 PM

oh, I just can't help myself.

A-Quiet-Woman.jpg

Sounds like an interesting day for sure .

Edited by marlboro180, January 30, 2013 - 11:34 PM.

• backwoods said thank you

#246 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 09:20 PM

Most days I have my playbook in order and am ready for what happens. And other days I throw the ball up in the stands and expect someone in the cheap seats to run a touchdown. It didn't happen.

After going to bed with a horribly hurting back and taking some pain meds, I woke up today at almost exactly the crack of noon. I creaked and groaned, popped and cracked and groggily made my way slowly into the kitchen bent like a boomerang and feeling like an elephant sat on me.

Staggered back to my desk and found my Shiatsu massaging cushion. Fired it up and set it on pulverize and sat for a spell listening to my back make all kinds of noises that a back should never make.

Steph had an appointment so she left with Heath and left me to suffer in silence. I searched in vain for a wiring harness for the BlueOx. Figures I would have a one year only truck.

About 2pm I got a call from a woman in Charlotte about picking up a motorcycle that her son had brought home in pieces and she wanted it out of her garage. She said her husband would be there after 5.

I looked the address up online and saw a big house.

So when Steph came home and nuked me some food I made my way out to Christine with my thermos in hand and made my way north-east with the little trailer in tow.

On the way out I picked up my phone and called the woman’s number. It was a office.

Normally I make sure that I have a home or cell number, but being a bit groggy and sore I dropped the ball. We agreed that I would be there after 5 so I figured I was good.

Traffic was pretty light for a Friday evening and I made good time. When I got off of I-85 onto WT Harris all I could see was taillights. Several miles of them.

So using my knowledge of back roads I made the GPS mad by turning left. After a while the GPS rerouted me and I thought I was home free.

When it had me turn into an apartment complex I figured it would take me out the other side.

When I saw the apartments had garages I was concerned.

Sure enough when I arrived at the address it was a 3 story 12 unit building. I had no apartment number.

So I went door to door. No one knew the woman I was looking for. I was 9 for 12 on the door knocks which is a pretty good average. I was surprised that anyone answered since they were all women.

I mean if someone came to my house after dark who looked like me I wouldn't answer the door. \

I was amazed at how short everyone was. With my work boots on I am a good 6'5”. I don't think anyone who answered the door was over 5'5”.

I also noticed hwo different all the apartments were. One was spotlessly clean. One looked like a garbage truck exploded. One had brand new furniture. One had no fir nature at all. And one was cooking dinner and it smelled so good I almost invited myself in.

SO I went back out to the truck and looked up the ladies name online. IT gave her address as unit 104.SO I walked back to see which one that was. However the woman that called me was black and the woman in 104 was Asian.

As I walked back to the truck a black lady and her teenaged daughter got out of her car. I asked if she was the woman I was looking for and she said no. Then she told me she didn't know her neighbors because no one in Charlotte talked to each other.

Since I was killing time I stood and talked to them for about 30 minutes, and I can tell you her neighbors are missing out on knowing one sweet lady.

After this collosial waste of fuel and time I saddled back up and headed home. Made one stop for a bottle of liquid muscle relaxer.

Home, showered, and back to Shiatsuing again. Maybe the woman will call back, Maybe not.

Now if that guy in the stands can just run the ball toward the end zone a little bit.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 31, 2013 - 09:21 PM.

• KennyP, HDWildBill, marlboro180 and 1 other said thanks

#247 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:28 AM

Sorry the day ended as it did. Hope the back improves for you!

#248 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Back pain is not fun.  I was working on a deck off a tractor the other day and my back got to hurting so I finally had to come in take a few meds and just sit for a spell.  Hope yours get's to feeling better.

#249 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 02:20 PM

Made no post yesterday because I didn't do much of anything.

Steph and I did go out and drag Ol' Smokey out from her hiding place and got her under the carport.

DSCF4359_zpsf7a528c7.jpg

For those who don't know Ol" SMokey she is a 1990 Suburban 1/2 ton 4wd with a 6.2L diesel with the Banks Sidewinder turbo. It is pretty good shape under the mold and tree sap. It needs lots of little things all over, but is fairly sound for an old truck.

Somehow we managed to loose the motor mounts we bought a long time ago, but since Rockauto has them cheap it is no big deal. I also found out that the PO had cut the heater lines where they go into the radiator. I am hoping I can fix it without having to replace the radiator. I really don't want to have to spend $300 on one.

I stayed up late last night watching Batman cartoons. Wife thought I had lost my mind.

This morning as we rolled out of bed and into our clothes I was a bit sore. Walking like a boomerang again.

But after the morning routine we staggered outside while Heath was in his crib resisting a nap. Little man played and yelled for almost two hours before he finally went to sleep. It was funny to listen to over the monitor in my shop.

Today’s mission was to disassemble the pontoon boat.

After removing all the railing and seats on the deck

2013-02-02_13-40-30_537_zps69265ef6.jpg

we hooked it up to the truck and flipped it over.

2013-02-02_13-05-47_976_zpsba8b547d.jpg

Glove got in the way of the pic. I didn't notice it till just now. That metal was like ice cubes so gloves were necessary.

Then began the tedious task of taking all the bolts out of the pontoons. This boat had been seriously abused. It was beat and banged and dented all over the underside.

After we got all that done my back was throwing a fit so after a brief stretching out.

2013-02-02_13-40-25_660_zps17cb7b94.jpg

2013-02-02_13-40-43_643_zpsd5c7eb7e.jpg

I came in. I am propped up on my Shiatsu cushion again.

Tonight I have to go back to Charlotte to get the motorcycle frame that I went to get a couple of days ago. Somehow they thought I was coming today. I have no idea why. Miscommunication. I will take the blame for it since I was not all there when I talked to them on the phone.

• marlboro180 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#250 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Well it was a long day in hatland.

Crawled out of bed and into a pot of coffee, then ran through the morning routine, and Steph and I went out into the wide world of windy NC.

First we had to get the motorcycle frame moved and covered up out of sight until I get word back from my police officer friend to see if it is hot. The story on it changed twice so it makes me wonder about it's legality.

The original story was that the woman son brought it home to restore it. When I got up to the apartment complex to get it the man there said it was his son and the woman who called me was his ex-girlfriend. After we got it loaded he told me that his son (who is apparently mentally slow) drug it home after finding it in a ditch. It is just the frame and tires. Looks to me like it was stripped and dumped. An 87 Honda Hurricane doesn't just mysteriously find it's way into a ditch without something hinkey going on with it.

SO I texted my buddy the VIN. He will run it tomorrow and see if it is stolen. IN the mean time it is resting under a tarp out of sight of any other thiefs.

After we had that taken care of I grabbed my tools and thermos and headed off to Winston-Salem to visit Pull-A Part to get a wiring harness for the BlueOx. Everyone I have found has had a $2-300 price tag on it. Since it is a one year only harness I know why.

After a 2 hour drive I got there and shelped my tools through the yard to find the only 94 Suburban listed within 200 miles of me. It was a gamble since you can't call them and ask what parts are on the vehicles. I got lucky. Of course it was the farthest truck from the office. It has 2 plugs cut off of it. So after an hour and a half I had this lovely pile of spaghetti.

2013-02-03_15-37-51_263_zpsf17d3d12.jpg

Also helped a couple of guys get an alternator mount off of a pickup because they didn't have the right tools.

$16 later and I was back in the truck. A little weary but glad I got what I came for.

Made at stop for gogo juice (put 15 gallons in a 13 gallon tank) and headed off to find food.

Got to Yadkinville and hit Sheetz for a couple of breakfast burritos which I enjoyed in the parking lot while watching all the pretty women go by.

Back on the road I drove into the setting sun more or less guessing where the interstate was. When it finally went down I settled into a nice sunday drive.

I was enjoying it too much because I drove right past my exit.

Finally got home and was greeted by my wifes new friend.

64828_590889417581_194553440_n.jpg

539601_590911618091_979847308_n.jpg

He just showed up this afternoon while she was working outside and hasn't let her out of his sight since. I went up to the neighbors and they have never seen him. So we may have a new family member. Since we aren't sure about his housebreaking manners he is outside in the pen right now. He is not happy.

Tomorrow we will put up some fliers and see if someone claims him. He is sweet as can be and had a collar and a scrunchie around his neck. Someone has to miss him.

Heath was glad when I came home. I think he missed me a bit. I handed him back to Steph so I could go to the bathroom and he started to cry.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, February 03, 2013 - 08:05 PM.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#251 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Sounds like you had a good day.  I haven't had any luck with the junk yards yet.

#252 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Good to hear you took the dog in and will give him a good home if you can't find his owners. Thanks Willie. :thumbs:

#253 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 04:53 AM

Glad you found a harness! I changed one out once, never again! Good looking dog. Sounds like it has adopted you guys!

#254 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Today was kind of a catchup day. Hat never got off the property. It had too much to do here.

I woke up this morning and was feeling the effects of my wrestling match with the junk yard Suburban. I was sore all over.

During my morning routine I had a brief discussion with my bank account. It said that I needed to get a load of aluminum sold. So when heath went down for his mid mornign nap Steph and I got outside and finished taking the aluminum parts apart from the pontoon boat and loading them up on the trailer.

I will post the video whenever it finishes uploading along with one of Heath.

Since I didn't feel like dragging the pontoons up on the trailer I enlisted the DragonFly to provide the muscle. With the pontoons loaded a bunch of other aluminum parts, pieces, car wheels, and other stuff that was around here.

Again I have got to get more weight on the front of the DragonFly.

With everything loaded I staggered in the house while Steph finished putting up the tools.

Then she went to the store to fix her mistake of not buying beer during her store run this morning. I swear. Let the girl take a day off and I have to retrain her.

A long hot soak in the bath with Epsom salts and I almost can move again.

Tomorrow I go to the smelter and then hopefully I can start on the BlueOx.

Edit: As promised here is a video of Heath fighting an alien invasion. Other video uploading slowly.

Re-edit: Finally got the second vid uploaded. Nothing fancy. You can see Steph manhandling the pontoon. Had no good way of filming so the camera is sitting on the back bumper of the BlueOx.Towards the end all the yelling about the dogs was because a chicken go out of the pen and the dogs thought it would be fun to chase her around.

Just heard from my cop buddy. Motorcycle is not showing as stolen. Has an outstanding ticket for registration violation though. It will never see the road again so it wont be a problem.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, February 04, 2013 - 11:18 PM.

• olcowhand, KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#255 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:04 AM

I see Heath was checking out what 'flavor' it had. :bigrofl: Glad to see the Dragonfly doing some of the work. Those tractors are a bit light in front. Build a box for it and put a few cast pieces in there to hold it down.

Good news on the MC!