wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 09, 2014 - 12:51 AM

I resisted at first.

This morning I got up and was greeted by a livingroom that looked like a nuclear test site. Steph was getting things ready to go get the new sectional couch her mom bought. I was happy with the old one.
fnl-544294.jpg
After she left Heath and I had the house to ourselves, or what was left of it.

While she was gone she sent me this picture of the back of the trailer where an idiot dropped a transfer case about 2 years ago.
Resampled_2014-12-08_16-28-00_247.jpg
I called the welder.

She got home and a full on wrestling match took place. It seems that the couch wasn't made to fit in a mobile home. I finally got mad and body checked it thru the door. Both the door and couch survived. If it ever has to leave I will bring the chainsaw in to hack it up.

Since then we have been flopped on it watching tv.

I may be convinced to like it.
  • olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2522 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted December 09, 2014 - 02:04 AM

I was beginning to think you fell in the well.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2523 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 12:27 AM

I woke up this morning to the sound of a diesel engine.

Outside the well guy was pulling Wandas well pump again.
diesel_blend_coffee_mug-r380ac2dec0bb44f795f6e9821c97cddc_x7jsg_8byvr_512.jpg

Then I settled in to helping pick up the pieces of last nights couch wrestlmania.

I got a call from a guy who lives 4 miles away about a Volvo. He liked my price. While I was on the phone with him I told Steph to hotfoot it to the bank and get cash.

As I was getting dressed the welder called and said he was on the way. I made sure all my important bits were covered and went out to meet him.

He left with the wounded trailer.

I went back inside for socks and a few other things then I went back out. The well pump guy came over and asked how I got the pump up without a crane. I just said 4 large pissed off rednecks. He laughed.

Getting the Volvo was a breeze. Two of the guys neighbors helped push.

I got home and Steph came out to start slicing the Swedish Meatball for the crusher.
We got about 98% done when the trailer came home. We called it quits because it was getting dark anyhow.

After dinner we all piled up on the couch to watch tv.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#2524 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,377 Thanks
  • 39,645 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 06:51 AM

Good to hear things are getting back to normal around there!

#2525 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 12:42 PM

Glad you're back on the radar Willie.

#2526 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Well we had to get it done today.

I didn't sleep very well at all last night. Bed time at 2pm, The cats were in the bathroom thumping on the tub till I got up and threw them out and shut the bathroom door. I swear it sounded like the y were playing bongos. Then gunner started to scratch at his collar endlessly. Steph finally took it off him and he settled down a little. Then I kept waking up every 14 seconds.

SO when my alarm went off at 9 I abused the snooze button till about 945 then dragged my carcass to the kitchen.

danger.jpg

Then we staggered outside to finish attacking the Swedish hotrod. Once it was sliced and diced we headed off to the crusher.

Then promptly turned around to come back and get my tablet so we could get the info for the Swede and go get a car.

We arrived at the crusher at lunch time so no one was operating the equipment. It was every man for themselves.

The Swede came off the dolly and then the front went up on the Hi-lift jack so the front tires could be taken off. Then around to the rear to do the same. It took a bit longer, but it was effective.

A quick stop to cash the check and and one more to get food and we were on the highway.

The kid told m e on the phone he had a Chrysler 300 that he needed gone. What he didn't tell me was that the front drivers side suspension was folded up under the car. He said he pulled out of his drive and it broke. I can't believe it didn't get towed off last night since it had one whole lane blocked.

So out came the high lift and two of the Volvo's tires. The passengers side went up on the tires and then I picked up the drivers side and we rolled the dolly up under it. IT took us about 20 minutes to load it. We have experience in doing things you are not supposed to be able to do.

The kid was suitably impressed with the Hi-lift. I think he wants to go buy one. I told him not to buy the knockoffs. They don't last. I had a farm jack for about 4 weeks before it broke - all it ever lifted was cars. The last HI-lift I had lasted for 2 years until I picked up a bulldozer with it. It was just slightly out of its weight category.

We rolled back home and Heath fell asleep almost as soon as we hit the road.

tired.jpg

When we got on our road he started to stir and I said, "home", his head shot up and his eyes popped open. He knows what that word means.

A quick inspection of the house revealed that Gunner had pooped in the bathtub. I can live with that. He was in the house for 5 hours.

We started to tear in to the 300. We got a lot of it apart before it started to get dark.

Heath and Gunner had a blast running around.

We finally tossed all the tools in the back of the BlueOx and called it a day.

When we unloaded the couch the other day I had Steph stick Christine in reverse and leave the switch on so we had some light. We forgot to turn it off for several hours. I told Steph to throw the long extension cord over the house and we would hook it up to the charger.

As Heath and I walked to the mailbox I heard a loud bang. She missed. Then I heard another one. And another. And another. I finally told her to stop. I got it over the first try. She asked how I did it. I told her I was aiming for the house across the street.

Now we are all inside. I need a shower. Steph is cooking dinner. Heath is trying to help her because I keep hearing her say, "we can't cook that".

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2527 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 06:38 PM

Another lousy night of not sleeping.

So I got up at some time this morning and laid on the couch and watched TV.

A_Woman_Looking_At_a_Broken_Coffee_Machine_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090819-134586-784009.jpg

Steph didn't sleep well either so she took a nap while I wrestled Heath. We watched car videos on my tablet and played with a toy tree. Why he was so obsessed with the tree today I have no idea.

When he went down for a nap I woke Steph up and we went outside to finish off the Chrysler. She got out before I did because I got hung up with a telephone call.

By the time I got out there she had one head unbolted and was trying to wrestle it off. It took a couple of moments of persuasion to get it to let go.

The other head bolts were frozen. I broke 2 of my new Dewalt 15mm sockets with a breaker bar before I sent Steph for the impact set. I had to get a pipe wrench after 2 of the bolts.

Now I have to figure out where to get the sockets replaced.

We finally got the car torn down. I was real tempted to pull the aluminum block out of it but my back was giving up.

Christine refused to start so she had to be hooked up to life support for a while. She finally started up. Then she was pulled over to the mess in eh work area and loaded up.

Once all the junk was in its proper piles we took a look at the tire pressures on Christine. Last time I drove it I nearly got beat to death. Last week when I checked the pressures on the OX the gauge said it had 10psi in each tire. I knew that wasn't right. Steph had put air in her tires the day before. She got a new gauge day before yesterday. With the new gauge her tires had 82psi each! No wonder it was bouncing around.

I finally hobbled in and perched myself on my massaging cushion. Right between my shoulder blades is killing me.

Steph is cooking meatloaf. Heath is running around like a mad man with the flyswatter. Gunner is in hiding.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2528 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 08:32 PM

A moment of silence for the fallen.

I finally got a good nights sleep. I drifted off on teh couch watching TV. I woke up at some time and Steph was in bed. So I went too.

This morning we all got up.

dmr.gif

Then the Chrysler had to go to the crusher. I had called around and got prices yesterday and the yard in Shelby was the highest paying. I had never been there. After going I think that an army of kindergartners on crack could do a better job of running things.

It took us nearly 2 hours to get out of there with our money.

Then we headed home to drop off the dolly and get the trailer.

Unfortunately the trailer had 3 flat tires - one had a nail in it. So that took some time to set right.

Finally about 4 we got rolling to pick up an 85 Chevy truck. They guy had told me something about the rear being on the ground that I really didn't understand till I got there.

The story I finally figured out was it was the sons truck. He came home from his construction job with a load of firewood at about midnight. At 2am the neighbor was beating on the door telling them the truck was on fire. The bed was nearly melted off. All they could figure was a spark from the construction site got into the wood and smoldered for several hours before it finally caught on fire. then she told me it had been her sons graduation present last year. It appeared to have no rust on it. I will get some pictures tomorrow.

It took us about 45 minutes to get it up on the trailer using the hi-lift jack and 2 come-alongs. The lady was impressed.

We left there right at 6 and headed home. Since we had to load it backwards with the engine on the rear of the trailer I could only go 35 on the way home without the trailer wagging. I had a lot of mad people behind me when I finally managed to turn off on back roads.

IMG_20141212_181834_958.jpg

IMG_20141212_181844_261.jpg

When we got home I got straight out of the OX an into Christine and went to Shelby to get Jared.

I got home and walked straight to the shower. I was covered with soot off the truck.

Tomorrow it gets crushed and then I get to go play.

• olcowhand, MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#2529 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 07:31 AM

Sounds like a full day. We have a yard around here that starts every morning by spreading a fine layer of roofing nails, screws, sharp bits of steel, etc all over their lot. Always a flat in my future when I go there.

Man is that boy growing.

#2530 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 09:38 AM

There's a yard nearest me that I quit going to due to getting nails in my tires.  But, being short of time, a while back I took a load to their place.  Yep, got home & had a tire going down with a nail in it.....well, it was a screw, but same difference, a flat tire.  No going back there.  I'll go to my good yard where they run an electromagnet daily or more over the driveways.

• Craig. said thank you

#2531 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 04:59 PM

Christine lives up to her name.

After oversleeping

80337.jpg

Then Jared and I headed to the scrap yard. About halfway there I realized my wallet was not in the truck. Steph had it last. I called her to bring it.

We continued o to get unloaded. Here is the melted truck we hauled sitting next to a tri5 Chevy. I didn't get a chance to look at it much but it looked in fairly good shape.

IMG_20141213_121924_822.jpg

By the time we got unloaded she was there.

Then I asked about a GTV18 that was sitting in the yard. Yesterday it was near perfect, but the owner was not there. Today the right rear rim was damaged. We agreed on a price and the loader put it on my trailer.

IMG_20141213_132135_427.jpg IMG_20141213_132230_441.jpg IMG_20141213_132244_824.jpg IMG_20141213_132254_406.jpg

IMG_20141213_132304_203.jpg

Steph left before I did to take the load of aluminum rims and tires to the tire guy. Somehow I managed to get home before she made it to the tire shop. I really have no idea how I left 30 minutes after she did and bet her home.

The guy I was supposed to meet this afternoon called and I told him that as soon as I was able I would be there.

Steph got home and we hooked the little trailer to Christine and Jared and I headed out.

We stopped at Bojangles and the truck died in the drive thru. I sent Jared inside with the money while I tinkered. The negative terminal was loose.

First we stopped to sell the cats. I didn't feel like getting out of the truck so I sent Jared off in search of the guy. He came out and we chatted a bit then We took our cash and headed off.

The truck died at every light and had no power.

In 10 minutes we arrived and I got what I was after. This deal has been in the works for 2 weeks.

IMG_20141213_162210_342.jpg

IMG_20141213_162220_377.jpg

IMG_20141213_162234_719.jpg

IMG_20141213_162237_928.jpg

On the way back I remembered that Steph told me she got gas today. Last night when I picked up Jared it was running perfect. I put 10 gallons in the tank and it started to run right. Bad gas.

We finally got home and I am sore and tired and I stink.

I didn't check the numbers on either tractor or the tiller. I will look at it tomorrow.

Am I supposed to sweat in December.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2532 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,228 Thanks
  • 5,070 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 05:09 PM

Gotta love winter gas...well maybe you don't get that crap "winter blend" where you are......

#2533 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 05:21 PM

I dont think we really get a winter blend. We get gas from the station she went to all the time. I think they may be down to the last of the tank and got some trash. I will let them know that we got bad gas next time I am down there.

• Craig. said thank you

#2534 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,377 Thanks
  • 39,645 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 05:25 PM

Great scores on the tractors! I didn't realize they made a GTV/18!

#2535 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 05:44 PM

Kenny the DragonFly is a GTV18. This one will not be messed with much till the DragonFly is back in one piece. I need it to figure out where all the Bolts Heath dumped out go.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks