• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 04:49 PM

Day three of abandonment.
medieval_coffee_by_sleepypig29.jpg
Provisions low. Decided to venture past the boundaries to forage for food.

On my travels a strange glowing orb followed my movements. Could this be the Dragon King prophecy in times of old. My thought are bent toward offering kittens as a sacrifice to it to attempt to stay its destruction of the world.

My steed carried me to the Wal of Mart where I exchanged coinage for provisions. Many undead wandering the market. Barely escaped alive.

Rendered assistance to a damsel in distress in the steed corral. Damsel had lost possession of a box of infant fecal barriers. Although thankful for my assistance she did not swoon. Perhaps a shower is in order.

Returned to the fortress, again followed by the Dragon King. Although he must have been tiring from flight because his trajectory was noticeably lower.

Upon entering the fortress I released the fearsome beast Gunner into the courtyard. He made both liquid and solid offerings to the Dragon King and it was accepted. Dragon King is retreating. Dragon King is weird.

IN the absence of the kitchen wench I shall endeavor to prepare pie of dough and cheese.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#2507 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 05:39 PM

Kinda sounds like some liquid offerings were downed by Uncle Willie!  :rolling:  :rolling:  :smilewink:

• Gtractor, MH81, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#2508 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 10:09 PM

Pies of dough and cheese go well with lots of meat.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2509 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Willie, the smile was a welcome addition to my face.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2510 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 11:30 AM

I think Willie has been left in his cave alone to long! :rolling:

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2511 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 07:03 PM

Well Actually tomorrow, but close enough.

igfmAIy.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2512 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 07:16 PM

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but.... I didnt notice the FF on your list of GTs. You better update that, this isnt a good time of year for another hair cut

• Craig. said thank you

#2513 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but.... I didnt notice the FF on your list of GTs. You better update that, this isnt a good time of year for another hair cut

I forgot that was even on my profile. I fixed it.

• Craig. and tater195 have said thanks

#2514 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 06:26 PM

Well all too early this morning the alarm went off.

rocket.jpg

Then Gunner and I loaded up and headed off to meet the guy who wanted the bucket forks.

He was surprised at how big they were. He wasn't going ot buy them at first, which was a problem since I was counting on the money to pay for gas to pick Steph and Heath up. I convinced him that he would save money even if he had to modify them over a cheap set he was going to get at Northern. While I was in salesman mode his buddy (who is also the shop mechanic for the landscape company he works for) arrived and told him I was right. It took another 20 minutes for him to decide we were right.

SO with gas money Gunner and I headed off to Burlington.

We had to wait about 20 minutes for them to arrive. Then it took another 20 minutes to get all the crap switched over to my truck. I swear I am about to put a limit on how much stuff grandma can give Heath per visit.

Steph wanted to stretch her legs so we went inside the store and walked around a bit.

The drive home was nearly uneventful. We came past one wreck but it was a minor inconvenience for us.

We got home and turned Heath loose. He immediately crawled up in the bed of Christine and started jumping. I think he is glad to be home.

While he was doing that Steph and I carried all the crap in the house.

Gunner has forgotten his manners with Heath so that lesson will have to be learned again.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2515 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 03, 2014 - 08:57 PM

I can fix it!

Last night I got a text from some friends (Buddy and Pam)  that they needed their brakes fixed. So we made plans to head down to their house this morning.

However I woke up with a massive headache. I told Steph to wake me up later and tried to go back to sleep. When she woke me up my head was still throbbing.

funny_handyman_coffee_mug-r9477a766443c441993c3dbc826020f34_x7j51_8byvr_512.jpg

Then we headed to Shelby.

They have a 2000 Honda Odyssey. The brakes were as thin as I have ever seen pads get without tearing up the rotor. I was kind of impressed.

They told me a while back that it had a miss and that the guy who scanned it at Autozone said it needed a coil. Since it has to be inspected by Friday I needed to check that out too. So one we had the brake pads off we snatched out the plugs.

#6 proved to be the problem!

dec3.jpg dec3a.jpg

Then Buddy and I went down to the parts house and got pads and plugs.

Back at their house I put the pads on while Steph installed the plugs. Pam was ecstatic at how it ran when it was hitting on all 6 cyls.

Their daughter was trying to steal Gunner.

dec3b.jpg

We made a couple of stops at various stores and the gas station on the way home.

Steph had to go grocery shopping so Heath and I laid on the bed and watched TV for a while.

dec3c.jpg

Eventually he fell asleep.

About 645 my neighbor, MawMaw Wander (she lights up when I call her that), called and said she had no water. I called Steph and told her to head on home.

At 730 I got across the street and got my big lights hooked up. Her son had several friends over and we were all giving each other a hard time. Wanda thought it was great.

I made sure the pump had power - it did, and then straight wired the pump to the line in from the house to bypass the pressure switch - nothing. So the well had to come out.

She got all the boys to start pulling. I think her well is every bit as deep as mine. The line came out of the well, went all the way around her yard, and back past the pump again, There has to be 500 feet of pipe. Good thing is she has about 400 feet of water.

After a good 30 minutes of pulling the pump came out of the casing. The pipe snapped as soon as we had it clear. Easy enough to fix.

I straight wired the pump to the line in and threw the breaker. The pump slowly came on and barely ran. She has lived there 14 years and never had a problem with it.

Tomorrow we are going to the hardware store to get a new pump, pressure switch, and pressure tank. She should never have a problem with it as long as she lives.

I was all sweaty when we finally made it back to the house. I am not supposed to sweat in December.

• Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#2516 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted December 03, 2014 - 08:58 PM

Just a tad busy weren't ya!   :rolling:

#2517 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 03, 2014 - 09:29 PM

A wee bit. Felt good to do something after too many days of hurting too bad to make a fist.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#2518 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted December 04, 2014 - 06:38 AM

Sounds like a busy but productive day there! Glad you were able to fix folks up! Bet your glad Steph & Heath are back home too!

#2519 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 05, 2014 - 09:01 PM

Yesterday was not a lot of fun.

At 10 I was over at the neighbors house and we took inventory of every thing we needed for the well pump.

images.jpg

The Lowe's in Lincolnton only had 1 underground connector so we had to drive 15 miles to Denver to get two more. I got to drive her little Nissan Rogue. It wasn't bad. Seats weren't too terribly uncomfortable, but I couldn't wear my hat.

Once we got back I tested the pump out and it worked. Put it all back together and it didn't.

SO I called in reinforcements to pull it back out. I found one connector had not made good contact so I fixed that and down the hole it went again.

Hooked it up and it didn't come on. We thought the new pressure switch was bad so I bypassed it and the pump came on. Taped the wires up and it quit working.

After I asked on here about the problem I went to bed.

This morning it was pouring rain.

coffee-6852.jpg

At noonI got over to Wanda's again and tested the resistance on the wires. The neutral was sky high. I went in to talk to Wanda and she said she had already called someone to pull it again. She was afraid I was going to be insulted. I was glad I didn't have to pull it again. I feel like I wrestled Schwarzenegger while boxing Hollifield.

I spent the rest of the day sitting in a chair at my desk.

Jared texted me at 4 and said he wanted to come over again. SO at 530 I hopped in Christine and headed down to Shelby.

ON the way back we stopped at Buddy's house. Buddy told me that he has been having chest pains. I told him to tell his wife and go to a doctor. He said he didst want to. So yesterday I sent him a text and told him he had 24 hours to tell his wife or I was going to.

We showed up tonight and I went in the living room and asked everyone but him to leave. He said I was going to yell at him. We had a heart to heart. No pun intended. He said he would tell her and get to a doc by the end of next week. As stubborn as he is that is the best I can hope for without knocking him out and dragging him by the hair.

Tomorrow we are going down to Shelby to get the new couch I have been forced to allow into my living room.

Edited by UncleWillie, December 05, 2014 - 09:20 PM.

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#2520 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 12:02 AM

Neighbor just called and said that the well pump came on by itself. I thought we had pulled the connector out, but we didn't. Strange indeed. I told her to shower as fast as she could.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks