UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 03:52 PM

NOpe the hat just got wet. No white stuff.

Yesterday was interesting.

nrc.jpg

Steph had class so Heath and I were running things here.

The pups name is Gunner. He made an unholy mess in the bathroom, but is pretty good to start whimpering to go out to potty when he is not locked up. He also made an ungodly amount of noise.

The kittens have made an uneasy peace with him.

pup.jpg

About 10 a guy showed up and bought the box blade.

Then around 1 I got a call from a guy about a 2000 Chevy Impala. We set up to pick it up later in the afternoon.

At 2 a guy arrived to look at the rims I have had listed for a while. He has a little Nissan pickup he wanted to put them on. I figured it was a 4wd.

Nope. It was a lowered 2wd. While he took a tire off and checked the fit his son had a ball chasing Gunner around the yard. The rims are way to big for his truck. They stick out about 7 inches. He bought them anyway.

Steph got home while he was trying them out.

Then I got a call about a free working fridge. Gunner and I hopped in Christine and headed out.

On the way out I came across a bridge that was out on my shortcut. So I had to backtrack.

Bringing the fridge home was exciting. The wind was trying to turn the truck over. It was a long slow drive home.

Then we waited for the guy with the Impala to call back.

He finally did and gave us an address so we headed out.

We stopped for gas and a woman came running up and asked me to tow her car home. She had a flat - on her spare. So we did. It was about 8 miles. She gave us $20.

Then we went up to Charlotte.

At the address he gave us there was no answer. I went back to the truck to call him and the neighbor came out. There was a bit of confusion that we finally resolved when I finally managed to reach the guy and he said it was the wrong address.

SO we went up the road. The house at the new address looked nothing like he described.

We pulled into a church parking lot and waited for him to call back.

I tried to call him a couple of times and the phone started to go straight to voice mail.

I told Steph we were going to wait 5 more minutes then leave. After 3 minutes the cops arrived.

cmpd.jpg

There have been a lot of church break ins. They talked to us. I wanted to ask how many church robbers bring a tow dolly, but I didn't.

The first cop took my gun. He asked if I had heard of people getting attacked from a CL ad. I said that was why I brought the gun and my brain.

We chatted with them for a while. Then the cop who had taken my pistol and run the numbers did something I have never had one do. He asked if he could put the bullets in the back of the truck. I said OK. And he put them in my toolbox. I had a speed loaded next to me so I didn't care. As soon as they got back in their cars I was reloaded and we headed off.

All I can figure it that he was a competing scrap buyer who was messing with me. Or he had some nefarious plans that got foiled.

At about 11 we got to Steak and Shake and I got my first meal of the day.

We got home at around 12. Steph and Heath went right to bed. Gunner went out to pee.

Last night he made a much smaller mess and much less noise.

Edited by UncleWillie, November 02, 2014 - 03:55 PM.

• Craig. and EricR have said thanks

#2447 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 11:46 PM

Long day.

This morning Heath and I had the house.

-HAVE-A-CUP-Coffee-Shop-Tin-Sign-Advertisement-Outdoor-Hanging-Wall-Decoration-font-b-Poster.jpg

Gunner did great again last night. No pee in the bathroom at all. We did take him outside several times during the night.

I was waiting on a phone call from a guy with a Ford pickup in Salisbury. He said he had to be at work by 1pm, but something evidently changed because he didn't call me till about 2.

Steph wanted to go to a store up there so I waited till she got home to leave.

While I waited for her to get home I contacted a guy from NC4x4 who lives in Winston-Salem about a Hi-lift jack he had for cheap. He said he could meet me in Salisbury.

So the 4 of us left and headed to Salisbury.

It didn't take Gunner long to find sowewhere comfortable.

heathgun.jpg

heathgun2.jpg

We snagged the truck with no problems then headed up to JR Cigar. My humidor was empty so I went in and got a refill.

refill.jpg

Steph and Heath went to a furnature store. Gunner went to sleep in the back seat.

Gunner and I sat in the truck for a while and waited for the guy with the jack. He got there about 630. His wife tried to steal Gunner.

After Steph and Heath came back out we headed to Hickory to get some misc scrap from a guy.

From there we went to Cracker Barrel.

Poor Heath was so tired he couldn't eat. He did drink a lot though. He will be hungry in the morning.

We stopped by Wal-Mart on the way home to grab a couple of things. Heath was asleep in the back so Steph went in.

We got home finally at around 11. Tired.

• olcowhand, DougT, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#2448 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Heath sure is growing! Gunner looks comfy!

• Craig. said thank you

#2449 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 09:44 PM

Another long day.

This morning I woke up to Gunner whimpering. I ran him straight outside and I have no idea how such a tiny bladder holds so much.

Then Heath got a dry diaper (I did that in the wrong order yesterday and had to clean puppy pee off the bed in Heaths room).

And finally....

housekeeper_mug-recc4d3ebf46746968de461729808dcc9_x7jgr_8byvr_324.jpg

Then I spent the day going from one disaster to another. Cats pooping under my desk ( finally caught the little miscreant doing it and hopefully he learned his lesson). Heath trying to disassemble the kitchen. Gunner having to go out every so often, but fortunately not having any accidents in the house.

Lots of phone calls and emails. Did 3 loads of laundry.

UPS showed up with my new keyboard. I was all excited and hooked it up. And the T key didn't work. Dang it. It goes back to Amazon tomorrow. For a while longer I am beating on this old thing that requires 400 ft/lbs to push each key.

Then Heath went down for a nap.

Gunner and I went outside.

I took a look at the Furd I picked up last night. Inside it I found all kinds of stuff. A remote that works on the stereo in the BlueOx. A stack of 33RPM records ( some good stuff in there too wish I had a record player). A long piece of chain. Lots of hand tools. A good cane. A carburetor rebuild kit for a Carter carb( I will have to run the numbers to see what it fits). A huge 4 way tire iron. Some good safety glasses. A mechanical fuel pump that appears to have never been used. A set of CDs to learn Spanish. And one penny.

I tested out the HI-lift jack I bought last night. Works great. Had the Ford way up in the air.

Then Gunner and I dragged the Furd around back.

The guy told me it needed a battery and a freeze plug. I stuck the hose in the radiator and sure enough water came pouring out the passengers side of the engine. I left the hose in it and tossed in a good battery. It tried to start. I put some gas in the front gas tank. And it poured out on the ground. There is no tank behind the filler. So I put some gas in the back tank. It started but sounded horrible. Bad piston knock.

About Steph came home and we dragged the Furd to the work area and started gutting it. She was cutting off the Cat. I was pulling the radiator.

I got a call from a guy about a running MTD/Bolens I told him $125 if it ran. He said come get it. I told him when I finished the Furd I would.

After about 20 minutes I realized that I had not seen Gunner in a while. I started looking for him and couldn't find him anywhere. I even checked the road. Fortunately he wasn't there.

Finally, I let Carmel out of the pen. She is part blood hound among other things. In 20 seconds she located him. He had gotten inside an old wooden spool and went to sleep. He blended in perfectly.

SO Carmel got lots of praise and then we let Diesel out to meet Gunner. Poor pup was terrified of the big monster doggies, but at least he didn't pee on me.

When I put the big dogs back in the pen I heard crashing and banging in the house. Heath was up from his nap and was jumping all over the place.

I went in and found him in the hall. He had taken off his pants and diaper cover and had his pull over shirt down aroudn his waist like a skirt. He was pretty proud of himself too.

He got dry clothes and came out with me.

While I changed the monkey, Steph hooked the small trailer to Christine.

Steph was picking up tools. I left for Morganton.

Gunner slept in the passengers seat.

I stopped for gas and got some beef jerky. He thought that was great.

Got to the guys house and found that he had rigged it to start with 2 bare wires sticking thru the shifter. However, it would not start. It was out of gas. I offered him $100 and left with it. Hopefully I can start it tomorrow and figure out his jerry rigged starting system.

We came home uneventfully. Got home at 9.

Steph and I dropped the little trailer so she can take Christine to class tomorrow.

Heath ate the rest of the Jerky.

I finally got supper. tacos and a beer.

• KennyP said thank you

#2450 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 05:32 AM

Sounds like a busy day. Good luck with the Bolens.

#2451 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 07:54 AM

Got to the guys house and found that he had rigged it to start with 2 bare wires sticking thru the shifter.

People never cease to amaze me with their "fixes".

Probably a bad solenoid or key switch, or even simple as a loose wire, but ok, lets run some wires and rig it to work instead of doing things right.

At least his mess saved you 25 bucks.

#2452 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 05:51 PM

So today didn't exactly go as planned.

Last night at aroudn 1030pm Steph took Gunner out to pee. While she was out there she walked over to get something out of my truck. Then she couldn't find him. She came inside to get a flash light. I grabbed on and went out with her. After a 20 minute search I was bout to let Carmel loose again. Steph walked in the house to find batteries for her light. Gunner was in the living room – presumedly laughing to himself at outsmarting the humans. When Steph came in for a flashlight she didn't close the door all theway. He slipped in unseen.

We have started to let Gunner sleep with us the past couple of nights. He has done real well not bothering us. Last night his teeth must have been bothering him because just as I fell asleep he started to gnaw on my fingers. I got up and found him a chew toy. He worked on it for 15 minutes then went to sleep.

This morning, way too early, Gunner woke me up. I took him out. Heath was still asleep. Wehen we came back in I went back to bed. Steph was still there so it was really early.

At 9 Heath got up and so started the the day.

cloudy.jpg

I had planned to pull some more parts off the Furd. About 10 the sky got dark and looked like rain. I decided that taking the parts off wasn't that important.

At 1130 or so I heard a noise in the kitchen that I could not identify. Heath had been playing with gunner behind my chair just a couple of minutes before.

I went in the kitchen and found him standing on one of his little chairs in front of the stove. He had gotten a pan. Found the chicken eggs and one duck egg on the counter. Broke them all in the pan. And was stirring it with a butter knife. Fortunately he doesn't know how to turn the burners on.

To his credit there were only 2 pieces of egg shell in the pan, and only one broken egg on the floor.

I guess he was hungry.

I cooked the eggs and we had lunch.

At noon I got a call from the neighbor that I had made a purchase on her credit card on Amazon. I was a bit confused at first until she told me that Steph gave the the log in to the Prime account to buy something. No one realized that Amazon saved her card info on my account.

So Heath and Gunner and I went over and took her $23. We talked for a bit while Heath and Gunner attempted to wear all the grass in her front yard out.

We came back home and the sky was even blacker.

I decided to haul the Furd to the Crusher after Steph got home.

I gave Gunner his shot.

The UPS guy showed up to get the keyboard I am returning. I had not been able to print out the return slip that needs to go inside the box. He said he would come back tomorrow. My printer is dead.

I told her I was taking the truck and she said it was too late. She came home at almost 4. Oh, well. Never did rain though.

Edited by UncleWillie, November 05, 2014 - 05:52 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2453 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 06:27 PM

That video was cute. Hope they continue to play well together!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#2454 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 01:01 PM

My new keyboard arrived. Now I can type without breaking a finger.

Friday we got up and got to it.

dewalt-coffee.png

The Furd had to go to the crusher, so it did.

The local Sears is going out of business so we went to see what was left to buy.

At some point we lost my good pair of wire strippers so I got a pair somewhat close to them. They were not exact, but I figured they would work.

I wanted a socket set so I could give my old truck set to Jared. We found a descent 140 piece craftsman setfor $150, but I have not been real excited about the Quality of their tools lately.

A little more looking around and we found a 260 piece DeWalt set for $250. I also grabbed a 1 7/8 ball for the Falcon.

At the checkout the gal kept adding discounts. Total was $225 out the door.

We grabbed lunch at the food court then headed by the grocery store and headed home.

Yestereday we went to the WarBirds Over Monroe Airshow. It was awesome. Heath loved it. Jared was going to go with up but they changed his drivers ed schedule.

flying.jpg

I got a delicious bowl of Gumbo to go with my thermos of coffee.

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but this plane was the whole reason I wanted to go.

1945 Chance Vought F4U-Corsair “Korean War Hero”

10689870_10152922994464739_7963439375167322321_n.jpg

1011284_10152922994239739_7365192057022197236_n.jpg

My favorite WWII plane. I have never been able to see one fly.

10632792_10152922993654739_4304880519221600580_n.jpg

There it is flying with my third favorite plane the P-51D. This one is "QuickSilver"

(My second favorite is the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt just in case you are wondering.)

We stayed at the show for as long as my back would let us. We left and drove to to the end of the airport and watched them some more. The truck was much more comfortable.

We had to stop at the grocery store again then headed home.

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#2455 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 01:34 PM

Those kind of airshows are fun to go to!

#2456 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 02:23 PM

I've always wanted to see a p38 lighting. My favorite plane
  • olcowhand and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2457 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 05:10 PM

I've always wanted to see a p38 lighting. My favorite plane

I touched "Glacier Girl", a P38 brought out of a Greenland glacier. It was nearing flight capability when I saw & touched it.  Sign said not to touch, well.......

Glacier Girl

• KennyP, Bmerf and Sawdust have said thanks

#2458 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 05:27 PM

I touched "Glacier Girl", a P38 brought out of a Greenland glacier. It was nearing flight capability when I saw & touched it.  Sign said not to touch, well.......

Glacier Girl

That's where all your stress came from. Waiting for them to come after you for touching it!

#2459 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 07:10 PM

The Glacier Girl is an amazing story. Those saved and restored birds are fascinating.

I really wish that the Kee Bird had not caught on fire after all the work they put into it.

When you think that some of those planes are pushing 70 years old it is even more incredible.

#2460 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Glacier Girl

Thanks, Great story.

The Glacier Girl is an amazing story. Those saved and restored birds are fascinating.

I really wish that the Kee Bird had not caught on fire after all the work they put into it.

When you think that some of those planes are pushing 70 years old it is even more incredible.

Watched this on PBS many years ago. Tragic end.