Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

* * * * * 4 votes

The Adventures Of My New Hat

  • Please log in to reply
5579 replies to this topic

#2416 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  



  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 45129
  • 11,118 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts
  • Location: Ohio

Posted October 19, 2014 - 07:14 PM

You seem to bounce at 18 and flop after you get older.
  • Alc, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2417 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 14008
  • 10,659 Thanks
  • 5,167 posts
  • Location: Rivers End, Saskatchewan

Posted October 20, 2014 - 01:11 AM

It has been my experience that ground density is directly related to the age of the falling object---me!
  • Alc, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2418 olcowhand ONLINE  


    Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

  • Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 43,145 Thanks
  • 32,005 posts
  • Location: South Central Kentucky

Posted October 20, 2014 - 07:29 AM

You seem to bounce at 18 and flop after you get older.


I'd call it more of a "thud", and a very painful thud at that.

  • Craig., superaben and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#2419 UncleWillie OFFLINE  


    wabbit wangler

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,410 Thanks
  • 9,028 posts
  • Location: Gaston county, NC

Posted October 20, 2014 - 06:17 PM

Busy day.


Thos morning I was up before Heath was. I was a bit concerned because he has usually gone int eh kitchen and gotten the food Steph puts out for him when she leaves. I looed in his room and didn't see him anywhere. Then I moved a couple of stuffed animals.


Heath and I spent the morning watching the Cain Mutany


then I got a call from a gal with a Buick Century. So Heath and I saddled up and left.


We got there and loaded up and headed home.


I was hungry so I know he was too. We stopped at Long John Silvers and got some food. Heath loves the hush puppies.


We came home and I I put him down for a nap just as Steph got home.


We went out and disassembled the Buick.


Then I tossed the spares for the CUCVs in Christine and took them back to the guy.


On the way down a guy contacted me saying he had a 97 Ford F150 that ran, he wanted $500 for. I had him send me a picture.



I quickly agreed to buy it.


I called Steph and told her to gut theSaturn I bought this weekend that I was going to let Jared destroy next weekend.


When I got home I loaded a bunch of stuff in the Century that was on the tow dolly. By the time I finished I was super sore. Gettign thrown yesterday caught up with me. I feel like I was kicked by a mule.


Tomorrow Heath and I will be at the scrap yard when they open so I have timeto get both cars hauled down and get to the Ford by 10am. It will be close but I think I can pull itoff.

  • olcowhand said thank you

#2420 Bmerf OFFLINE  


    Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,796 Thanks
  • 1,466 posts
  • Location: benton harbor, mi

Posted October 21, 2014 - 05:38 AM

Finally getting a real truck?  :poke:

  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#2421 DougT ONLINE  


    Dog Approved

  • Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 7,145 Thanks
  • 5,096 posts
  • Location: north central Ohio

Posted October 21, 2014 - 07:19 AM

Finally getting a real truck?  :poke:

Looks to me like he's buying a headache if he plans to operate it.

  • MH81, Craig., UncleWillie and 1 other said thanks

#2422 UncleWillie OFFLINE  


    wabbit wangler

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,410 Thanks
  • 9,028 posts
  • Location: Gaston county, NC

Posted October 21, 2014 - 07:53 PM

Unnecessarily long day.



Woke up this morning before the sun and Heath and I were gone to the scrap yard.




We got there just as they opened and got unloaded quickly and headed home.


Steph helped get the Saturn on the dolly then she left for school. I strapped the Saturn down and then headed off.


On the way to the yard I sent a text to the gal (turned out it wasn't a guy) with the F150 and told her I needed an address.


We unloaded at the crusher and she still had not contacted me. I texted her again then called her. No answer. She called me back in about 3 minutes. She said she would text me an address.


So Heath and I headed up to Charlotte.


About 10 minutes before we got to the truck I got a text from her that just said, “Truck gone”. I texted her back and asked for clarification. No answer. I called and it went straight to voice mail.


I went ahead and went to the address. The truck was still there. I do not know when she took the picture she sent me yesterday, but the truck looked like it had been in a demolition derby. Oh well. It was a Turd anyhow.


So Heath and I headed over to sell the catalytic converters we had. Heath got to look at the rollback and all the guys in the shop were coming over to talk to him. He had a ball.


We made a stop by QuickTrip and I let Heath pick out a Lunchable. He thought it was a terrific thing.


We headed home and played around for a little while then I put him down for a nap.


I had only had 3 hours of sleep so I was tired. I laid down and set my alarm for 30 minutes. I felt much better when I woke up.


Steph got home while I was asleep and laid down too.


At 430 I got a call about a Chevy Astro van. So we all loaded up and went down to Kings Mountain to get it.


It had two flat tires on the passengers side and my little compressor would not air them up. So the front tire came off the driver side and got swapped over.


The guy at the house was outside helping us and just as I was starting to get frustrated with him, he said that he had a terrible day and had not managed to say one right thing to anyone all day. I let him keep helping. I figured he needed a boost.


We got it loaded and headed home in the dark. We stopped at BoJangle's and went to the drive thru. As soon as we stopped Heath started to yell out his order. I have no idea what he said, but he got his order in. I hope it was for fries because that is what he got.


We got home right at 8pm. I am worn out, but it was a pretty good day.

  • olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2423 UncleWillie OFFLINE  


    wabbit wangler

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,410 Thanks
  • 9,028 posts
  • Location: Gaston county, NC

Posted October 22, 2014 - 09:50 PM



Last night JacobD sent me a text that he wanted the Astro if it ran. So that meant I didn't have get it to the scrap yard today.


Well this morning I woke up.




I went to get Heath and found him stark naked in his room. No sign of his diaper or clothes. He is in cloth diapers so I needed the thing that holds the diaper on ( a snapie)


and it was whereever his clothes were so I put a pair of training pants on him.


I went about my business.


An hour later an stark naked boy comes in my office – with poop on his butt. I told him to go to his bedroom to get changed. He went in and drug his butt across the sheet on the big bed. Ugh.


I put new training pants on him and then searched high and low for the poopy pants. I have nearly no sense of smell so I had no luck at all. I did find his wet clothes (no snappie). He had stuffed them under the front bathroom door. I figured Steph would haveto track the poopy pants down.


I got a million and one phone calls. While I was on the phone Heath went in the kitchen and got a bunch of bannanas and opened everyone of them and ate half of each. I guess he has learned to open bannanas now.


I got a text from one of my regulars and told him I would come up as soon as I could.


I went to get a cup of coffee and when I came back Heath was naked in the hall again. I sat my cup down on a bookshelf and looked aroudn the room. His training pants were in the potty chair – wet. I took him in the bedroom to try again and I stepped on the snappie. The little teeth dug NewSafetyFeatureSmall175.jpg in my foot. It was unpleasant.


After he was diapered I went backa dn got my cup of coffee. And there right next to it, neatly folded, was the poopy pants. So I took care of that.


Then Heath and I did our exercises. I havent done them since the tractor bucked me off because I have been to sore.


Then I put Heath down for a nap.


I got a call from a guy who had a 5 foot box blade he wanted $125 for. I told him I would buy it, but Heath was down for a nap. He said he would bring it to me. I picked up my wallet and found that I only had $60. I didn't know Steph found a good deal of meat at the grocery store and spent $100 last night. I told him he would have to wait.


Steph got home. JacobD called and said he was off work. I went out to see if the van would start. It did. Just like an old Chevy.


After he told me I was taking unfair advantage of him, and I told him he was taking groceries out of my childs mouth, we arrived at a price. I had him help me put the railroad jack back in the shop. Then I drove the van to his house. He brought me home. I got in Christine and left.


I called my regular and told him I was on the way. When I got there he had a belt grinder (something I have wanted for years, but coiuldn't find a good cheap one) he wanted $30 for. It was an off brand Chinese thing, but if it lasts for a couple years I will get my $30 back out of it. He also had a very old reel mower I gave him $10 for.


The guy with the scrap texted me and told me he had a guy who was going to give him $175 for it tomorrow morning. He said I could have it for $135 if I came tonight. I told him I would.


After I got home I had Steph help me get the belt sander in the shop, then I dropped the trailer, and Christine and I left again.


On the way out I think I saw the mountain lion that has attacked a lot of horses around here. I didn't get a good look at it, but it was too big for a cat and did not move like a dog.


An uneventful drive to Charlotte and I had a 5 foot box scraper. It will go on CL if a friend of mine doesn't want it.


I stopped at the gas station and put 14 gallons of gas in Christines 13 gallon tank. I think I almost ran it dry.


At 955 I finally got home. I am tired.

  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2424 MH81 OFFLINE  


    Proud to be Deplorable

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,979 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 10:14 PM

That 5'er would go behind the FF, wouldn't it?
  • Craig. said thank you

#2425 UncleWillie OFFLINE  


    wabbit wangler

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,410 Thanks
  • 9,028 posts
  • Location: Gaston county, NC

Posted October 22, 2014 - 10:20 PM

That 5'er would go behind the FF, wouldn't it?

As heavy as it is I doubt it. Might be able to move dry sand.

  • Craig. said thank you

#2426 UncleWillie OFFLINE  


    wabbit wangler

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,410 Thanks
  • 9,028 posts
  • Location: Gaston county, NC

Posted October 23, 2014 - 07:29 PM

Nice day again.



This morning I slept through the alarm and several phone calls. When I woke up...



While I was stumbling around making a pot of life I answered some texts. My voice to text did not like my gravely morning voice.


Then we headed outside.


The stuff I picked up last night got tossed off the trailer and we headed up to Charlotte to get a large stainless steel grill set.


On the way back we stopped at QuickTrip and got lunch. Heath picked out the Lunchable with Oreos, I got two sausage dogs, Steph got pizza.


Once we were full we headed home to unload the grill and load up WVBuzzmasters Springfield.


While we were home JacobD came by to get me to sign a bill of sale on the Astro and to drop off some aluminum rims.


Then we headed up to Maiden to Username's friends house to drop off the Springfield and load up some derelict tractor frames. His friends ( forgive me I am terrible with names) used his neat little PK to load them.




We stood around a while and worked on the problems of the world while Heath ran around like a madman. He had a ball in the sandbox and had fun climbing on things. He was pretty tired though since he didn't have a nap.


Steph got an email back from a guy in Hickory who had 2 kittens so we said our goodbyes and headed there. Heath fell asleep on the way there.


With a box of kittens we headed to the cigar shop. I grabbed a few and we headed off again.


While we drove Steph called in an order to Hanna's BBQ in Lincolnton. Great food. We picked it up and headed home.


It was 730 when we got home. Lots of driving, but we all enjoyed it.


Heath is in the living room breaking in the kittens now.

  • olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#2427 KennyP ONLINE  



  • Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 41,461 Thanks
  • 47,391 posts
  • Location: Collinsville, Oklahoma

Posted October 24, 2014 - 06:59 AM

Sounds like a great day you had there!

  • Craig. said thank you

#2428 UncleWillie OFFLINE  


    wabbit wangler

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,410 Thanks
  • 9,028 posts
  • Location: Gaston county, NC

Posted October 24, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Great day.



Today we did a lot of not much.



I slept in and then staggered in to the life machine.




We all just kind of loafed around the house till Heath went down for a nap. Then Steph went outside to slaughter some rabbits. I goofed off a bit longer then I went out.


I fired up the Falcon and mowed the front yard for the last time this year I think. It was a bit sad, and it always is. But every year it comes back.


After the front was mowed Steph and I hooked up the mobile crane and got the box blade out of Christine and under the “for sale” tree. I put the bucket forks out there too and chained them together. Maybe someone will see them and throw cash my way.


After that was done Steph went across the street and I came in to see if Heath was still asleep. He was.




He woke up shortly after I took that picture so he and I went outside. I turned the dogs loose and let them run a bit. When it started getting dark I put them up and we came in side.


We had baked chicken for dinner.


Heath is getting the two new kittens broken in right – the run when they see him.


Then I decided it was time to update my Blogger.


  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2429 UncleWillie OFFLINE  


    wabbit wangler

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,410 Thanks
  • 9,028 posts
  • Location: Gaston county, NC

Posted October 26, 2014 - 06:28 PM

Nice couple of days.


Yesterday I slept in a bit and then


Coffee Mug - Caffeine Attack.jpg



We didn't do a whole lot until Heath went down for a nap.


Then Steph left to go shopping and I went outside to tinker.


I tightened up the new steering column up in the BlueOx. It seems that I forgot to tighten them. It took all of 10 minutes to do it.


Then I picked up a few things in the yard. My neighbor was out getting her mail so I wandered across the road to talk to her a bit.


While we talked another neighbor drove up and asked if we had any neighbors who drove a small black car. I could only think of one. She said there was a black car upside down on the lower bridge on our road.


Steph came home while we talked so I hopped in Christine and rode down to see. It wasn't anyone I knew. The state trooper on the scene was a bit nervous when I walked up with a pistol on my hip. He said it was a woman from Bessemer city and the only injury was a seat belt burn. I have not gone back down to see if I could figure out how she managed to be wrong side up.



I didn't realize how bad that pic was on my phone. That black thing in the center is an upside down car.


Since the Walmart was put in Cherryville our road has become a raceway shortcut. The wrecks keep getting worse.


I got home and did nothing else.


I was sitting in my office watching a movie and playing online when gold Suburban pulled in the driveway. I quickly grabbed my pants and went out to see who it was. It was a guy who lives at the far end of the road.


He had seen the trailer load of old tractor parts I got from Username and wanted to look at them.


I haven't talked to him in a couple of years so we did some catching up.


Steph put Heath down for a nap and came out to talk.


After he left we put a hitchball on the Falcon and tried to hook up the tiny trailer to it. The hitchball was a 2 inch. The trailer is a 1 7/8. So the hitch came back off and we put Christine to work moving stuff around.


Since WVBuzzmaster's Springfield is gone I had an empty spot on tractor row. I laid down one of the sign tarps and then we used the gantry crane and the mobiel crane to unload the frames and move them there.


We got that done and then picked up soemmore stuff that was in the way and then I was done.


We had a duck egg hunt that lasted about an hour and yeilded one egg. We have no idea where they are laying. Steph is going to pen them up for a couple of weeks and see if she can get them to lay in the pen again.


We came in and got Heath up. Nothing else is going on till tomorrow.


Another beautiful sunset.


  • olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#2430 UncleWillie OFFLINE  


    wabbit wangler

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,410 Thanks
  • 9,028 posts
  • Location: Gaston county, NC

Posted October 27, 2014 - 03:22 PM

Not doing nothin today.




Heath had a rough night. I don't know if he was having bad dreams or what, but he woke up every couple of hours screaming. After the fourth time we gave him some Motrin and he seem to settle down and get some rest. Steph laid in the big bed in his room till he got up at 7 and started playing. Then she gave him breakfast and he stayed in his room playing while she got some rest.




My phone was ringing off the hook. One guy wanted to buy Grady's Exploder that has been in teh back yard for several months waiting on parts. One gal wanted me to come get a car off the side of the interstate (no). And Grady called. I didn't answer his call because I couldn't reach the phone from the toilet.


I finally got up at about 11 after 4 hours of sleep.


And I have done nothing.


The new kittens have finally decided that I am not going to eat them and spent most of the night sleeping between my legs. Here they are Stanley and Ollie. See if you can figure out which one is which.




Steph was slaughtering the last two rabbits. Heath and I watched car videos on Youtube. He likes to look at them and pick one out to watch. Big stuff for a 2 year old.


About 230 I was hearing him make noise in the living room that sounded suspiciously like something he wasn't supposed to be doing. I went in and he had a 2 pound bag of shredded cheese and a full jug of apple juice. He was getting ready to have lunch. I gave him a bowl of cheese, a glass of juice, and some honey roasted peanuts. He was happy.


I put him down for a nap at 3.


Steph finished the rabbiticide. Then she loaded up all the tires on rims, and the load of raisin bread she made in payment for Tony mounting her tires on Christine,and headed off to the tire shop. Know Tony she will be back in 3 hours even though the shop is 5 minutes away. She will probably be working on customers cars while she is there. LOL



I have a guy who wants to look at the box blade this evening. Hopefully he brings me a hand full of cash.

  • Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks