• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 04:40 AM

I hope the back improves for you! Gonna have to teach Heath how to take the cars apart!

#2402 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 07:18 PM

Gettign to move better again.

This morning Heath and I had the house to ourselves again. I think a FEMA crew is enroute to assess the damage.

excoff.jpg

I went out and got some pictures of the Lexus we got Sunday then came in and started posting ads.

http://hickory.craig...4714869159.html

While attempting to post the video of the Lexus I managed to mistakenly posted this one of Heath from a few weeks back.

I got a call about 230 I from a guy who had a wrecked Mazda 626. I told him when Heath got up from his nap we would come over and get it.

Another gal contacted me about a bowflex she wanted gone. She wanted $45 for it. I told her I would Send Steph after it when we got back from getting the car.

Steph got home at 430. We left at 5 to get the Mazda.

We got home and Stpeh left in Christine. I spent some time clearing out a spot in my office for theBowflex. I am hoping I can get my shoulder back in shape again. I has really been bothering me lately and I don't have the low impact equipment that the physical threapy office had.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2403 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 07:49 PM

Great video of Heath! I hope the aches ease off, but with the Bowflex, new ones may show up!

#2404 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 08:04 PM

Great video of Heath! I hope the aches ease off, but with the Bowflex, new ones may show up!

Already have aches from wrestling it in the door. Imagine an octopus with rigormortis

• Craig. said thank you

#2405 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 08:46 PM

Already have aches from wrestling it in the door. Imagine an octopus with rigormortis

If it was in my house that would be the only time I got exercise with it!!

Back 20 years ago my parents bought a whole gym system. Most exercise it gave us was carrying all 200 lbs of the stackable weights in the house. Made an excel let coat rack. I hung my book bag off that thing for 6 years before we sold it
  • Craig. said thank you

#2406 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 09:10 PM

I got this at a yard sale for $50. Grandson had to have it, and I saw a possible engine hoist. I about pulled my shoulder out again trying to attach the big bag. At least I get to punch it every time I pass it (to the fridge). My elbows are too sore to get a good rhythmic going on the small bag.         

Attached Thumbnails

• P1100903.JPG

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#2407 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 10:22 PM

If it was in my house that would be the only time I got exercise with it!!
Back 20 years ago my parents bought a whole gym system. Most exercise it gave us was carrying all 200 lbs of the stackable weights in the house. Made an excel let coat rack. I hung my book bag off that thing for 6 years before we sold it

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• Alc, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2408 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted October 15, 2014 - 05:37 PM

Today was nice and easy.

I got up this morning when I heard Heath making noise. Steph was gone already.

50512_184829015519_1604441_n.jpg

Heath and I worked out on the Bow-flex. Having a 2 year old pulling on things, and crawling over you, ads a level of difficulty that I don't think the manufacturer intended.

Then I found a new channel on the TV. It is called Grit. It has played old westerns and war movies all day.

Heath and I ate leftover pizza and watched a lot of rally videos.

I put him down for a nap at 2. Steph got home at around 3. She took a nap. I went out to slice up the Mazda. I got 6 gallons of gas out of it. Unfortunatly the catalytic converter was empty.

When I was done I heard a commotion in the chicken pen and I found the big rooster beating up on Hambone.

Then I came in and got Steph up to help me get the gas I drained in to the catch pan into a gas can.

Now I am done. Tomorrow when Heath wakes me up the Mazda is off to the smasher.

#2409 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 07:28 PM

Technolgy let me down today.

This morning we all three got up and

notebook-computer-portable-coffee-spill-damage_p.jpg

Then after my first cup we all worked out on the bowflex. It took us all about an hour. Heath was hilarious. He even did situps.

Then we all went out into the beautiful weather.

First order of business was to get all the car batteries loaded up in Christine. Turns out that we had 800 pounds of them. I called the recycling place and he was out doing a pickup so I had to wait.

While we waited we started to clean out the parts building. I had no idea how much junk was in there. I found a ton of mower gaskets, a pile of edger blades, several, mower blades, large boxes of Moog suspension parts, and about 15 new mower belts. All of which I have no idea what they are for. I will have to spend some time researching the parts numbers to even know what I have.

Finally, the battery guy was back so Heath and I headed up. We stopped at a gas station and Heath got a YooHoo and a pack of PB&J Crackers. I got a bottle of water. He almost inhaled the YooHoo.

The battery guy was in a foul mood when I got there. And he stayed in one till I got Heath out of the truck. Then he became the sweetest guy on earth.

With our fist full of money we headed over to Grady's shop to see what he was doing. After about 15 minutes we headed home. Steph called and requested food so we swung by Arby's.

On the way home the guy who was supposed to bring a Saturnto me to buy called and said he would be there in 20 minutes.

After we ate Steph and I got to working on the shop a bit.

Then I came in and made up a bill of sale for the Lexus I got last week. It was going to a guy in Gastonia as soon as the Saturn arrived.

Our printer died a while back so I emailed the bill of sale to Graham across the street. It refused to send. The email went through, the attachment didn't.

I finally got it sent and when I stood up I bumped the hypersynsentave button on the Cd-rom. It kicked the tray out. I ripped the tray off with my knee.

As I walked over to Grahams my phone decided to go spastic. I had to pull the battery to keep it from making random phone calls.

At Grahams the printer refused to print, I think all the electronics have Ebola.

After 20 minutes we finally got a blury copy printed out. It would have to be good enough.

After an hour of waiting I sent Steph and Heath down to the Guy with the Saturn's brothers house to see what was going on. She sent me his number and I called him. He said he was 20 minutes out.

While we waited we loaded the Lexus up on the tow dolly. Since the Hemorrhoid is on loan the Falcon had to do the honors. I tell you those wide loaded ag tires on the Hemorrhoid make a huge difference. The Falcon just didn't have the grip it needed. It got the job done though.

45 minutes later the Saturn arrived. After that was all taken care of we finally got in the BlueOx to deliver the Lexus.

My GPS caught the Ebola too. IT attempted to send me 12 miles the wrong way down a dirt road. Fortunately I had a vague idea where we were headed and managed to get close enough for the GPS to get me there.

After that was sold we ran by a couple of stores to get some stuff we needed then headed home.

Lazagna is in the oven. I am tired.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2410 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 07:55 PM

Sounds like a frustrating day!

• Craig. said thank you

#2411 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Nice day.

I slept in a bit this morning...

hooker.jpg

Then I looked at stuff online for a while. I wanted to go out and tinker but I couldn't get myself motivated.

At around 1230 Steph took a nap. Heath and I exercised sometime near 2. He is really enjoying it.

I had a guy coming at 3 so I decided I had better get something on besides the shorts I sleep in. I woke Steph up to put Heath down for a nap.

The guy arrived with a rusty boat trailer, a boat motor lift, and a set of over the bucket forks with a bent bar.

Once he left I did an inventory of more of the parts we found in the shop and then came in  to list stuff on Craigslist.

Steph cooked rabbit for dinner. It was delicious.

All that I am waiting for now is bedtime.

• Craig. said thank you

#2412 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 05:42 PM

The Falcon tried to murder me today.

We spent the morning not doing much.

murdercoffee.jpg

I  posted a ton of ads on some Facebook sale sites.

Then after Heath went down for a nap Steph and I went outside to get some light work done.

The intake manifold on the Ox needed to be retorqued so we did that. Took abou ta hour to get it finished.

While we were doing that I happened to glance at the front brakes. They were almost gone. So we pulled them off and I went down to the parts house. They were under warranty so no wallet damage.

With the brakes on the truck we started to move some large pieces of scrap metal that have been in my way. Since they are going to be the base for the Mobile Crane 2.0 they had to stay here. They got loaded up on Christine and moved across the yard. I left the Ox runnign so it would warm up and I could check the timing.

I wanted to mow where they were going to sit so I hopped on the Falcon.

I got over to the spot and there was some stuff that needed to be moved so I set theparking brake and swung my leg over the steering wheel to get off. The Falcon spottem my moment of weakness and disengaged the brake and tore out from under me.

Using all of my years of experiece of getting tossed off of stuff and falling down, I relaxed, and landed on my head. The falcon tore off down through the field on its own.

Steph asked if I was ok. I said I would live and she ran after the tractor. Fortunately she caught it before it got to the barbed wire fence.

I laid on the ground a while and contemplated how sore I will be in the morning then hopped back on and mowed. Can't let them think they got the better of you.

With all the stuff out of the way I went back to the Ox and checked the timing. It was dead on.

Then I hobbled over to a chair and sat down for a bit.

Steph cam in and got Heath up and released him into the wild while I watched him.

Tomorrow I will be sore.

• olcowhand, larrybl, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#2413 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 05:50 PM

Gotta watch out for those brake locks! They don't always hold that well, but you found that out!

• larrybl and Craig. have said thanks

#2414 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 06:27 PM

I am trying to train my self to place in neutral before getting off, I don't always do that.... And every time I wonder what would happen. Most likely I would be replacing the gate, as I just set the brake so to hop off, open the gate and hop back on.... gotta remember to carry a video camera.

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#2415 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Worst thing was that it was in 6th gear so when it left it left in a big hurry.

It has been about 25 years since I got thrown off a horse. I remember the ground being a lot softer then.