Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 07:22 AM

I just got caught up too.  Thanks for the entertaining ride Uncle Willie!  Hope you get to sleeping better, I am happy if I can get 4 hours sleep in a row without waking up, usually 2 or 3 at the most.

#227 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 04:57 PM

And the title of your book will be--?  We just got started on this thread and pretty much figure you should be compiling it. Real life, lived by real people! Good on you, Willie.

#228 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 05:16 PM

I think I shall title my book "RANDOM THOUGHTS IN ERRATIC ORDER" LOL

Spending today cleaning up the shop.

Finally assembled the parts bin I have had for almost 3 years. With my big bear hands it was hard to get the tiny bolts in the small spaces. Workbench is almost cleared off.

2013-01-26_16-26-35_149.jpg

Mostly cleaned off my desk too.

2013-01-26_16-26-27_159.jpg

My knees were hurting so I had to take a break. Steph brought me a huge bowl of stew so I am full now.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 26, 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#229 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 08:24 PM

About to call it a day.

I got a lot done out here. Most of the tools are put back where they belong. I even tool some carpet runners and sealed off the massive air leaks in the shop.

2013-01-26_20-10-14_291.jpg

It isn't pretty but it is effective. I have had to turn my heater off twice.

I also dipped into my strategic tool reserve and put together a tool kit for the truck. This is the case for the first tool kit I ever bought.

2013-01-26_20-09-38_163.jpg

Since it was bad to dump the sockets out I cut another piece of the runner to hold them in place.

2013-01-26_20-12-07_771.jpg

It will also give me something to sit or kneel on to keep me dry.

Now I am headed inside to play with Heath. Haven't seen him much all day.

• Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#230 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 08:37 PM

That's a good idea on the rubber to hold your tool in the case. :thumbs: I don't know how many times I have put mine back in the case. :wallbanging:

#231 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 27, 2013 - 05:21 PM

Tiring day of driving today. Something about that little S10 wears me out.

Alarm went off and after abusing the snooze button a few times I staggered in to my clothes, poured down a cup of mud and then, hat on head, thermos in hand, piston on  hip, headed out to Christine.

Hooked up the small trailer and I was off to Charlotte. Fortunately there wasn't much traffic to speak of and I made good time getting to the first pickup.

Christine has no cell phone mount and it made using the GPS on my phone a bit challenging, so while I was filling her up at the gas station I whipped up this redneck mount. Worked like a charm. No pics with the phone in it since I took the pic with my phone.

2013-01-27_14-50-37_309.jpg

For $25 each I got an 80s Craftsman II with a 20 HP Kholer that is supposed to run.

2013-01-27_17-06-22_905.jpg

And a smaller newer Craftsman with a lock up rear axle – that is supposed to run.

2013-01-27_17-06-12_965.jpg

Also snagged a Toro push mower with a broken pull start

2013-01-27_17-06-43_455.jpg

and Ryobi trimmer with the pruning attachment. (pic of the trimmer itself was too blurry – chickens were attacking my feet).

2013-01-27_17-06-58_550.jpg

Also got a bicycle frame and a broken Kenwood stereo reciever.

Grand total $80

Then I went to a repeat customers house ( he told the guy with the tractors to call me) and got a couple more bike frames, a golf club, and a tool box. And I got a free treadmill off the side of the road.

2013-01-27_17-06-35_481.jpg

Then I headed to one of my favorite places on earth – Cigar Central.

Unfortunately he is still recovering from an employee theft where a guy was letting people walk out with bags of cigars without paying. It is pretty sad since he doesn't have solid proof he can't prosecute. Shortly before the guy was fired I went to his house to get a car and his dining room table was covered in premium cigars – 200 or more – that he was putting into bags of 5 or so each. He told me it was for the store and I didn't think anything about it, but the store doesn't sell variety packs of cigars. Makes me want to go by his house and have a come to Jesus meeting with him and a baseball bat. The store owner is still paying for the stolen stock and is having to spend his personal money to buy what little inventory he has.

Anyhow, I grabbed a couple of smokes and the owner gave me another bike frame. He also wants me to come look at his Gravely walk behind that a tree fell on and see if I can fix it. Might just have to take payment in cigars.

Finally headed home. I feel like all the energy was drained out of me. 110 miles in a baby truck will do that to you.

Put Christine to bed beside the WarBeast.

2013-01-27_17-05-58_356.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#232 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:22 PM

Today started off with me too sore to move from lifting that lawn tractor yesterday. I stayed in bed for a long time before I finally staggered out to the kitchen. Steph and Heath were gone shopping, but bless her heart, she had the coffee ready.

SO after a couple of cups of coffee and a leisurely perusing of the internet I made my way out to the shop to do a little more cleaning.

After I cleaned I made the decision to play Bookworm on the shop computer. I got a text from Steph saying she was home and I looked at the time. It was 5pm.

As I was getting ready to go inside the phone rang. Guy had a 28 foot pontoon he wanted to scrap and wanted it gone tonight. I told him I had no way to move one that big and he said I could use his trailer as long as I brought it back tomorrow. He just wanted it out of his yard.

So I called Steph and told her to get dressed. Then She started to unload the small trailer while I went to turn the BlueOx around in the field so I could unhook the big trailer from it. Of course when I started my turn the trailer sunk and I got stuck. Christine couldn't budge it so I went and got the neighbor to pull me out with his Tacoma.

By the time I was back up the hill she had the trailer unloaded except for the two tractors. I fired up the DragonFly and pulled them off.

He told me that we needed to take the motor off the boat and it was sitting on the ground so I put both engine hoists on the small trailer behind Christine just in case we needed them.

We didn't

He did have the upper deck off the boat so it needed to go on the little trailer. So we had to fold up both cranes and put them in the bed of her truck. Then we got her truck stuck.

So I turned my truck with the boat on the back around and she hooked a chain to Christine. Since I didn't go back there I just assumed she did it right.

She didn't

Found this when we got home
DSCF4305.jpg

Fortunately we have a new bumper for it.

I snapped some dark pics of the boat.
DSCF4303.jpg
DSCF4307.jpg
DSCF4308.jpg
Took some pics of the tractors
DSCF4310.jpg
DSCF4312.jpg
DSCF4322.jpg
DSCF4311.jpg
DSCF4317.jpg
DSCF4320.jpg
DSCF4321.jpg

So tomorrow I am going to drag the trailer out from under the pontoon and return the trailer then come home and see if I can do something with Christine's bumper.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 28, 2013 - 09:22 PM.

• bgkid2966 said thank you

#233 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:49 PM

Busy evening! Thanks for the daily story, I Thoroughly enjoy it. 

I hope the bumper issue works out.

Geno

Edited by bgkid2966, January 28, 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#234 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,756 Thanks
  • 8,924 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 10:56 PM

Hey! You're ready for the next rain storm! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolling:

Labor-intensive scrapping a pontoon, is it not?

#235 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 11:24 PM

Dunno never scrapped one before. I will find out.

#236 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 05:17 AM

Sorry to see the bent bumper. I was trying to figure a use for the pontoon deck, maybe a floor for working on things?

#237 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:42 AM

A floating worktable huh. hummmm LOLOLOLOL

I am going to call my aluminum smelter today and see if he can do anything with it although it will probably have to be in pretty small pieces for that. Might try to sell it outright or just pull all the wood out and scrap it.

\

Edit: Actually Kenny I was thinking about the boat while I was driving up to return the trailer today.

If I take the railings and pontoons off I have a start on a roof for a tractor shed. I have some telephone poles for legs.......

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 29, 2013 - 01:46 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#238 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:28 PM

Well a quick rundown of today follows.

Got out of bed. Wife made coffee. IT was terrible. I mean the kind of terrible that you can use to strip paint with. I have no idea how many scoops she put in but she was either trying to kill me or she wasn’t counting.

SO after I peeled myself off the ceiling I made another pot and since Heath was taking a nap. My hat. wife and I went out the door.

A quick shuffling around of some things in the yard and we now have this lovely yard ornament.
2013-01-29_11-19-02_98.jpg

Took the trailer back to the guy and he had a lawn tractor trailer that he gave me. It is a home made rusty thing but might be useful. I took a pic but my phone ate it.

Heath was dreaming of bikini babes and floating on the waves.
2013-01-29_15-49-44_843.jpg

If you look behind Christine (with her mostly straight bumper)you can kinda get a glimpse of the trailer standing on its back end.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 29, 2013 - 10:29 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#239 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:31 PM

I like a STRONG cup of coffee, but if the spoon stood in the cup, maybe yours was a bit on the "too strong" side.   :D 

• KennyP said thank you

#240 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Uncle Willie, These are great stories. I need to go back and read some of the first couple pages.