• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 19, 2014 - 07:01 PM

So many little things got done.

So this morning at the crack of early Jared and I were up

sloedriver.jpeg

We left to go to the custody clinic. I left in plenty of time to make the 25 minute drive. That is if there had not been some idiotic woman driving at 5 mph most of the way there. At one point she got up to the blazing speed of 15. I swear I thought the wheels were going to fall off the BlueOx at that high rate of speed. When we got to where there was a turn lane she proceeded to get in it and drive on. When we passed her she was just gabbing away to the passenger. She drove up to a traffic signal that was green and just sat there. Fortunately it was on the 4 lane so people could get around her.

We got to the clinic and had to figure out what was going on since the lawyer was halfway through her presentation. Once she was done I explained to her what was going on and she gave me some forms to fill out. When I gave them back she said someone would be in touch with me today ( they never called).

We were going to go over to the SS office and get Jared's card, but I left his birth certificate in Steph's truck.

We headed home.

When we got her Steph was getting ready to leave to get her truck inspected. I told her to take Heath with he5r so Jared and I could get some work done. About 10 minutes after she left there was a massive downpour. It stopped just shortly before she got home.

She put Heath down for a nap and then three of us left awake went outside. She found some bolts and put Gradys hood back on. I put the belt back on the Falcon – although I did it wrong and the clutch works backwards it will go if you have the clutch in and stop when you let it out.

Once Grady's tractor was re-hooded Steph broke out the trimmer and ran it till it ran dry.

Jared and I took a look at the neighbors Troybilt tractor, and found that she had messed up the cable for the PTO engagement and dinged the blades up. It took a little thinking to figure out what needed to be done to fix the PTO I also sharpened the blades. I started it up and drove it across the yard and engaged the blades -and it immediately died. So it went back up on the jack.

When she hit whatever she hit, she managed to jam the blade brakes inside the pulleys and disconnect one of the return springs. I had to come in to look up some diagrams to figure out how the spring went back on.

Once that was fixed and it passed the mowing test, Jared and I broke out the pressure washer and gave it a good cleaning. The neighbor bought it new two years ago and I don't think it has been cleaned since.

After Steph ran out of gas with the trimmer she came inside to fix dinner – baked chicken, mixed veggies, and cheese biscuits.

When Jared and I came in we spent some quality time harassing the cat with the laser pointer.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2312 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 05:56 PM

Well it has been a long week

With much.

largecoffee.jpeg

I have been on and off the phone all week with people trying to get Jared enrolled in school. I have put in a call every day to legal aid and got no replies. Tomorrow morning I will go down to their office and sit until I get a real live person.

Other than that I traded the Mazda for a 73 El Camino.

IMG_20140824_144614_098.jpg

Give the video a little time to process.

I figure I will have better luck selling it – although I was starting to get itchy to put the flatbed on Christine.

During a storm on Thursday lightening zapped the fridge. It is the only thing on that circuit that has a circuit board. I guess that is why it got hit. It will cost $100 for a new board so that will have to wait till the Elkie sells. Right now all the cold stuff is is the upright freezer. Nothing beats a cheesecicle when you are good and hot.

I did get Grady's tractor running and back in one piece. At some point I will carry it back up and drop it off and get the Hemorrhoid back.

Jared and I went out and disassembled the Craftsman with the broken axle. I have 9 other Craftsman tractors and they all have different front axles. I had no idea there were so many.

After looking at the axle I realize that the weld on it had failed. I called my welder to come get it. He fixed it and brought it back but it has been raining since then so it isn't reassembled yet.

The drive belt on the Falcon broke. When the Elkie sells that will get fixed too. For now I will mow with Grady's tractor whenever I get the chance to mow. Everyones grass needs cutting too so I don't feel bad about it.

Hopefully I will get more done this week other than talking on the phone to everyone on earth.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2313 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,700 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hopefully I will get more done this week other than talking on the phone to everyone on earth.

PM me your cell #, I will make sure you do not.  :D

#2314 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Cat at least you would be more interesting to talk to than me having to repeat the same dang story over and over again. I swear I am goig to make a recording to play when they ask what I am calling for.

#2315 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,700 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 08:51 PM

Ben will be along shortly to tell you that will not be the case. Please step on his foot the next time you see him for me.
  • superaben said thank you

#2316 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,268 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 12:14 AM

Willie, we are pulling for you that you find someone down there who isn't using their backside as a helmet.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#2317 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 05:47 PM

Whew long day.

Yesterday I listed that El Camino on CL. At 1am I started getting texts from a gal who was sending me bikini pics saying she wanted the truck. Trust me the pics were not attractive. They were down right scary.

At 6am she called me. I didn't answer. At 7 Jared's grandmother called. At 720 Jared called and said his mother would sign the papers for him to go to school. Who needs sleep anyway.

PIC compliments ofdonkey.jpg motobreeder

At 9 I called the high school he wants to go to and talked to the administrator again. He said he would call the ex and fax the paper work to her to sign and fax back.

At 10 Jared texted me and said that she had refused to sign the papers again. I really don't know what game that idiot is playing, but I am tiring of it.

I finally sent her an unkind text. It was really tame compared to what was in my head.

I put in another call to legal aid and left a message.

One guy kept texting me about the Elkie and asking questions that watching the video would have answered.

It was 12 before I was even able to get away from the phone. Between Jared and his grandmother I was getting a call every few minutes.

Bikini girl called and said she was on the way to look at the Elkie. I told Steph she was coming out with me.

About that time a neighbor pulled in the driveway. He asked what I would charge him to take his Exploder to the scrap yard. I told him if he did all the work taking it apart and gave me the catalytic converters we would call it even.

I stood out and directed them as to what to take off.

While they worked I started piecing the Craftsman back together. I got it all done. Only the steering knuckle is lacking on getting it together.

IMG_20140825_152007_422.jpg

A little after 2 Steph put Heath down for his nap. The neighbors little boy didn't quite know what to do with himself. When Steph came back out he asked if we had any toys. She went in and got him some. Then he discovered the tire swing. He was on it the rest of the day.

I finally got a call back from the legal aid gal. She asked a few questions and then said the ex had met the requirements to have legally abandoned Jared. Tomorrow I will go down and get the paperwork done to get him in school. Then I had to spend time on the phone with Jared and his grandmother.

I saw my welder coming down the road and I waved him down to look at the steering knuckle. He looked at it and one that wasn't broken and said he could fix ti if I took it all apart and brought him the pieces. I will pull it apart tomorrow. Maybe.

At 330 bikini girl and a guy showed up. They test drove the truck, gave me a hand full of cash and left. She looked worse in person.

Finally the neighbor finished taking his truck apart. It was 430 and too late to take it to the scrap yard. I took them home in the back on Christine. It was only about ¾ mile and the boy thought it was great.

It was about 500 when I finally dragged my carcass inside. Steph was tired too so we ordered pizza.

Jared called me and said that his Uncle ( his moms brother) would hire a lawyer if that is what was necessary. It is amazing that her family is on my side. Kind of tell you a lot about her.

So now I am stuffing my face with pizza. Not bad for a Monday.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2318 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 04:28 PM

Ever feel like a dog chasing his tail?

Well this morngin waaaaaayyyyy to early my alarm went off.

tail.jpeg

Then I hopped in the BlueOx and went up to get the neighbor. As we were going to the scrap yard he informed me why he wasn't taking his truck himself. He had a felony for scrap metal theft. I almost stopped and unhooked right there and left him on the road. Fortunately his wife was riding with him and she signed for everything.

Then I went by the legal aid office and signed the papers I needed to sign and got my copies and we were off again.

I dropped them off and came home. I came inside to get some paperwork I needed then stuffed my self in Christine and headed out. Immediately I remembered what Iwas supposed to do yesterday – take the tire with the broken belt off Christine. So I shook and shimmied my way to the tire shop and had tony change it. I was too sore to bend over.

Once I was on 4 round tires I swung by the pharmacy to get a refill then headed up to Cliffside. On the way there the fuel needle started to bounce around. I was in the middle of the backside of nowhere and the only gas station wanted nearly $4 a gallon for regular. I got $15 and left.

At Jareds grand mothers house I talked to her a bit then Jared and I left.

We had to come back by the house to get something (Ican't remember now) and then we went to the Gaston County Education Board. Where they told me that didn't need any of the paperwork that I worked so hard to get. It seems that Gaston and Rutherford are different. They gave me paperwork to take to the school in Cherryville and said to give them his SS# also.

Then we went to the Social Security office to get him a new card, and there the tail chasing began. One of the forms of ID we need to get his new card sent to my house is a proof of school enrollment. We needed the SS# to get him enrolled in school. AHHHHHH.

So we went on up to the school. On the way the tiny amount of gas my $15 bought ran dry. We stopped and got $20 at a more reasonable $3.32 still high but much better.

At the high school they said that his last school would have his SS# and it would all be fine. They would fax for his records and all would be well. I told them I would call the school to attempt to light a fire under their fax machine.

We came home and I called the school in Utah. They said they would get the records out as quick as they could and then I asked if his SS# was on the transcript. They never had his number. It seems that his Aunt enrolled him as homeless under the McKinney Vinto act which I am pretty sure was fraudulant since he was not homeless - ever.

I knew I had his SS# somewhere. I searched everything. I called his old doctor since SS said a record from a doctors visit would prove he lived past birth. The docs office told me that SS specifically needed a record less than one year old. He hasn't been there in 4 years.

We began to search through everything. Just as I was ready to give up and go dig a deep hole and crawl in I had a flash of memory. While looking for something a few days ago I ran across my old day planner.

I snatched it off the shelf, blew 5 years of dust from the cover, and looked inside. There under W was his and his mothers numbers. I haven't felt so relieved in a long time.

Now all we need is for his other school to fax his records in. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#2319 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 06:11 AM

Glad to hear some things are getting smoothed out!

#2320 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 02:08 PM

Yesterday got a bit busy.

We had nothing to do when I woke up so I spent some serious time.....

relaxing-coffee-coffee-30490050-500-332.jpg

At around 1 or so Jared and I went out to disassemble the gas station sign and to take the steering parts off the Craftsman that needed to be welded up. Jared got to drive the BlueOx across the yard so he was happy with that.

Steph left for the grocery store and Heath was down for a nap.

About the time we finished with the sign I got a call from a guy about a Nissan Maxima. I called Steph and told her to come running with my wallet and Jared and I got things ready to go get the car.

When we got to the guys house I nearly got a contact high from the marijuana aroma. I know where the money I gave him will be going.

Jared was excited because the car ran, but wasn't worth selling.

As we were headed back to the house I got 2 texts about tractors in Hickory. So I called Steph and told her to get Heath ready and be outside when I got home.

Jared and I dropped the tow dolly and hooked up the little trailer ( he got to drive again). With everyone loaded up we headed out.

While we were driving Steph got in touch with a guy about a mini fridge that was in Hickory. For $40 would keep a few things unfrozen until we get the big fridge fixed.

At about 9:00 we finally stopped at Wendy's for supper – after picking up a complete Murray tractor that needed a fuel line, a Murray with no hood and not deck that ran and I drove up on the trailer, a small yard trailer, and a mini fridge. Not a bad shopping trip.

The one complete Murray and the trailer will be going up to Jareds grandmothers house for him to mow her grass with. I didn't need another trailer but the guy didn't have change for a $100 and so he threw in the trailer for $25. Not a bad deal because it will give Jared something to play with.

It was about 1100 when we finally dragged into the driveway.

This morning Jared we up before anyone else and had the Maxima off the dolly and was destroying it with sadistic glee. By the time I got up I had to go out and put a tire back on the rim and then go out about an hour later and plug the same tire. He had ball with it. Tomorrow it will get sliced up for scrap.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2321 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 06:31 PM

8 “running” tractors and I still didn't get the whole yard mowed.

After stayign up way too late last night...

broken.png

Then I got a call from DSS person that he was coming by to visit about Jared. It seems that someone (whose name probably rhymes with my ex wife's) called them and said Jared was not being cared for. So I waited for him to come over. I was kind of surprised that he came on a Sunday.

Jared was not here so when he arrived we talked about what was going on and he had no answers, but he agreed that since Jared is 16 there isn't much anyone can do.

Then I waited for Heath to go down for his nap because I knew I would need an extra set of hands to get the belt on the Falcon. The old belt was jammed in a bracket so I had to cut it to get it out. It was a bit difficult to get the new one around all the pulleys, and the clutch seemed a bit higher than it had been. I just chalked it up to begin a new belt and went with it.

Once we had that on I decided to put lipstick on a pig and install the other bumper I bought when they were on sale so cheap.

(note the shredded belt)

After I got about half the yard done, Steph jumped on Grady's Yard machine and started mowing too. Another ¼ of the front mowed and the brand new belt self destructed.

S0I cam in to do a bit if research. It seems that the belt is sold on Amazon (where I ordered it) with the same part number in two different lengths 83” (the one I got) and 84 1/16”. When I put it on it appeared that it was rubbing on a bracket but I really couldn't get my head in there to look at it. The bracket now is covered with the shreds of Kevlar that were on the belt. It never smoked till right before it came apart. I went out and measured the old belt and it measured 82" - very odd.

Since Grady's tractor was puttering along I figured all was well. Till I came back outside. It immediately died. Steph thought it was out of gas. So we moved some stuff out of the way since she was off the tractor then she got the gas can. It wasn't out of gas. I think it is vapor locked. I need to take the tins off the engine and see why it isn't cooling properly. I would imagine there is a rat colony in it.

So I went over to the Craftsman I got from the neighbor. It started up, but then I realized that there is no way to adjust the deck. Something is broken and the deck is on the ground. So no mowing with that one.

The Murray I got for Jared to take to his grandmothers wouldn't start. The other Craftsman I had the axle welded up on has a broken steering linkage. The other Murray that runs like a sewing machine has no deck. The Simplicity has no belts, the DragonFly is in a pile of pieces, the Buzzard is still missing the pin in the hydro, and Grady still has the Hemorrhoid. So no more mowing.

I cam in and found that TSC has the belt for the Falcon, but they were closing in 15 minutes. They put the belt on hold for me and I will go pick it up tomorrow.

Spaghetti for dinner. I have sweated about 12 gallons, but at least the front yard got mowed.

Attached Thumbnails

• falconpig.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2322 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 08:04 PM

Managed to get a little done today.

Yesterday we did manage to get Jared enrolled in school. That is a load off my mind.

Woke up to a very wet world this morning and nasty black clouds...

coffee-milk-coffee-beans-as-lightning-20102591.jpg

Then I watched it rain while I attempted to rescue to the world from the Nazis in tank warfare.

At around 1 it let up, but you could see the humidity outside. Heath went down for his nap at 2 and Steph and I went out to get some stuff done.

We took a look at Grady's tractor and I could find no reason for it vapor locking. Inside the tins was perfectly clean. The fuel line was not near anything hot. It started right up.

I needed two washers for the choke cable so I went to the hardware store and got some. All the ones I had were either way too big to super tiny.

While I was gone Steph took a stab at putting the belt on the Falcon, She did a good job on everything except for routing it. It only took me a minute to get it right when I got back. I drove it around a bit and it is not rubbing. The one inch made a difference.

I put Gradys tractor back together and drove it for a short while before it began to barely run. It will only run on full choke and there is no throttle control. It doesn’t run full throttle either.

Before we could tear it back apart it clouded up again. We barely got in the house before the monsoon - complete with lightening and a brief power outage.

About 430 my welder called me back and said he was coming to get the parts I needed welded up on the Craftsman.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#2323 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 05:09 PM

Long day made longer.

This mornign shortly after sunrise the dogs started going bonkers. I looked out the window and there was a Honda Accord with a smashed front end in the yard. I grabbed my robe and my pistol and went to the door. The car was backing out the driveway so I went back to bed and tried to stretch out my 3 hours of sleep.

About 700 the dogs went nuts again. I was a bit faster getting my robe and pistol this time. I opened the door to find the guy whose Explorer I scrapped last weeks pregnant wife standing there smoking a cigarette.

She asked if I still had the battery out of his truck. He didn't take it with them when they went back. I didn't have theirs, but I had another one that I gave her and she left.

I laid back down to try for 4 hours of sleep, and the phone rang about 45 minutes later. I tried to go back to sleep. I managed to doze off a time or two.

Then …

4205933121_9a68a35045.jpg

I watched a little tv while I checked emails ( I may have a job delivering a K5 Blazer to KY) and then we headed out.

We had to get a car at a regular customers garage in Newton. It is a 2000 Sentra with  a messed up engine - it sorta runs.

niss.jpg

Once that was secured on the tow dolly we went about 500 yards up the road to the salvage grocery store. We got a bunch of stuff including a 2 pound can of dried cranberries – which Heath did his best to devour before we paid for them. We don't usually feed him in the store, but it was past lunch time and he was hungry.

A quick stop at Taco Bell and we were headed home.

The Nissan ran so it was easy enough to unload, although I did pull the front bumper cover off of it backing it off the dolly.

Once the groceries were in the house we headed off again to get a Plymouth Arrow pickup. Once stop at the ATM and we were at his house and had it loaded.

plym.jpg

I edited his face for his sake and his nipples for yours.

I thought it was in neutral because it rolled down the driveway effortlessly and onto the dolly. When we pulled out the back tires licked up as soon as they hit pavement. The guy had pulled the shifter out of the trans and it was jammed in the linkage. A good jerk on the lever and a twist of my pliers and it was in neutral again. I guess it was just close enough to being in gear that the bump onto the dolly knocked it in.

We stopped at Staples on the way home because I needed a new flash drive. After buying that stolen Subaru I am taking pictures of every one I buy from, and what I bought, and their ID. I needed something to store them on.

Jared heard I had a running car to tear up so he is coming this weekend to destroy it. Iam going down to Shelby to pick him up at 9.

If I can get the Plymouth in gear tomorrowI will join him. We can have a derby.

Edited by UncleWillie, September 05, 2014 - 05:10 PM.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#2324 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,239 Thanks
  • 5,076 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 08:13 PM

You probably know this but don't rely on that little flash drive to "store" anything.  They get corrupted so easily and it makes it easy to lose.  They work good for transferring files.  I've lost some important stuff trying to use them as storage.

http://www.newegg.co...=9SIA4UM1PY2193 28.99 you can get an 80 gig external portable hard drive which works pretty good for long term storage.

• MH81 said thank you

#2325 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 08:28 PM

The flash drive is just one place to store the bills of sale. It is the easiest to transport. I will look into that drive though.