wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 09:37 PM

Not a bad day today.

This morning I was awakened by the phone. People were calling for Crouse Scrap metal, not for me.

Sooo.

Molar-Mug.jpeg

My back was in agony but I had things to do.

Then I headed down to Shelby to meet up with the girls at the Health dept where they both had appointments.

On the way down Buddy sent me a text and asked how to tell if he had a broken motor mount. Since I was 5 minutes from his house I called him and told him I would be there shortly. No broken mount, but one of the spark plug wires had come loose and was dangling. While I was hooking it back up I found the pair of needle nose pliers that Steph was using that she claimed to have not seen for two weeks. They were dangling off the brake hardline under the master cylinder.

At the Health Dept Emily had a cavity that needed attention and Allison needed a shot. Jared didn't come even though he was supposed to so I could get a picture of all the kids for my mom. I will wring his neck later.

While the dentist was working on Emily the assistant had to run to another room to help with an emergency. The dentist asked me to be his assistant. I got to hold the vacuum tool and keep her mouth sucked clean. It was kinda fun.

One the assistant got back they got to filling that hole.

mouth.jpg

Then we all came home.

Steph was getting ready to slaughter on of the rabbits when I got here so I sharpened up my old Schrade skinning knife and went out and slit the bunny’s throat. Then I came back in side.

My back was killing me.

Since then I have been watching the mind numbingly stupid movies that they rented. I think my IQ may have dropped a point or two. One of the movies had Katherine Heigle in it so it was sort of nice to watch.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2267 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 06:00 PM

Another sore day.

I cuoldn't get to sleep to save my life last night. I think it was about 4 or 5 when I finally fell out.

A few hours later I scrambled to

coffee_rabbit_by_lexx2dot0.jpg

I sat in my chair and hoped my back would feel better. It didn't. Heath sat in my lap for about 2 hours playing with a set of “healthyballs” I have on my desk. HE is fascinated by them because the chime. They do wonders for my hand pain though.

IMG_20140729_184121_565.jpg

Steph was going to slaughter the other rabbit so I looked at the knife she used yesterday. It was a piece of junk, not the one I thought it was. So I got out the Buck skinning knife and gave it a run across the stone.

Before she slaughtered she had to run to the store to get something. She put Heath down for his nap before she left.

I went out and got on the Falcon and snatched the Yard Machine out of the tractor pile. A guy called about it last night and I told him I would see if it would start.

I got it on a charger and then went to the shop to get the string trimmers out to get them running. I left the mixed gas down at Buddy's house so I went over and stole Graham's can. While I was over there Steph came home.

The Echo started right up. The Ryobi refused to. I sprayed carb cleaner in the Ryobis carb and tinkered with it a bit then poured the carb cleaner out of the carb onto my lap. It burned a bit.

Once I got tired of playing with the Ryobi I went back to the tractor. It has a 20HP horizontally opposed Briggs. It would not turn over with the plugs in. I did get it to start with one plug in then put the other plug in while it was running. It smokes like a house on fire. I managed to find the key in all the smoke and shut it off. It was a couple of minutes before we could see they yard.

Steph and Allison finally brought out the rabbit and I killed it and chopped off its head with my monster Becker BK2 knife.IMG_20140729_185143_102.jpg I tossed the head in the dog pen. They kept taking turns trying to eat it. Then I got the hide started around the legs. Steph took over and agreed that the skinning knife was much better than the knife she was trying to use yesterday. She got the rabbit skinned and cleaned in no time. She is getting much better at it.

I had had to come in before she finished. I couldn't stand up any more.

Tomorrow we are having Jenni and Graham over for rabbit bbq. It is always good.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2268 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 05:51 PM

Not a thing was done for two days.

Yesterday I had to give my back a break. I was hurting so bad I was walking around like a question mark.

Steph cooked the rabbit and we had Jenni and Graham over. Jenni is a vegetarian (not by choice she has stomach problems) so it left more for me. My girls weren’t sure about eating it, but once they got a taste I had some serious competition in the eating department.

This morning I woke up to rain. I really need a shop to work in.

So all that was done for the past two days was keeping these guys in business...

mhc.jpg

• Craig. said thank you

#2269 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 07:29 PM

"I really need a shop to work in" For as much work you do outside, I think that would be high up on the priority list. I just piddle on projects as they become available, but after 6 years in the Tin shop (which was bought from insurance $$$) I knew I needed a better place. With your skills (except for the bad back) and your helpers you could build one fairly cheep.

• Craig. said thank you

#2270 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 08:43 PM

Larry at the moment food is higher in the list than a shop. Since I am on partial disability I can only make so much then it starts to cut into my payment. If my body would stand up to every day labor and I could make more I would have a nice shop. As it is I work in agony for a day and then sit in agony for a day trying to recover.

If I had any skill besides using my muscles to work I might be able to get a physically easy job. The wreck back in 2000 did me in. Now I don't have enough memory left to learn a new job. Having a scrambled brain is no fun.

• olcowhand, Craig. and PappyH have said thanks

#2271 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 09:35 PM

Well today it rained more....

13305692-coffee-mug-with-sail-boat.jpg

Then this afternoon I took the girls back to their grandmothers and got a picture of all my kids together.

kids.jpg

They are flying back to AZ on Monday.

On the way home Steph, Heath, and I stopped at Sonic and had dinner.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2272 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hoping you get to see your kids again soon.

• Craig. said thank you

#2273 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 11:01 PM

Glad you got to spend time with them again. Hope the time apart is short.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2274 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 02:33 PM

They will be back next summer. We had loads of fun this summer. Emily learned to drive. Allison spoiled Heath rotten. And Jared and I spent time working and talking. It was a good couple of months.

the girls especially have learned that I am not as horrible as their mother has told them. They even have an uncle that told them she was a liar - her brother not mine.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#2275 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 03:23 PM

It's a shame when parents split one or both say bad things to the kids about their mother or father. Unless that parent is dangerous(drugs alcoholic) that is not right
  • Craig. said thank you

#2276 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for reminding me - not to take having my sons around for granted.

Edited by motobreeder, August 02, 2014 - 05:05 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#2277 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 05:29 PM

It's a shame when parents split one or both say bad things to the kids about their mother or father. Unless that parent is dangerous(drugs alcoholic) that is not right

I have said very little to my kids about their mom. Unless they ask a direct question I avoid talking about her at all. I told them to spend time with me and then make a decision on my character.

Someone sent me a link to a post where my ex told people how I had destroyed her house when she wasn't hom. She said I was breaking in while she was at work. Never mind the fact that when her parents lived in that same house the neighbors kids set their yard on fire three times and stole everything that wasn't in 8 feet of cement.

She also said that her mother was terrified of me. Odd that her mom has started calling me all the time and told me how much she has missed me and how good a father I have been to the kids while they were here.

The ex told a marriage counselor that she only married me to get away from her family. Wonder why there were problems?

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#2278 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 06:45 PM

I have said very little to my kids about their mom. Unless they ask a direct question I avoid talking about her at all. I told them to spend time with me and then make a decision on my character

I hope you didn't take my post as being directed towards you in a negative way. I agree with your approach about saying nothing about the ex to your kids. Any problems that was had in a marriage don't include the kids and they don't need to be in the middle of it.
  • Craig. and trowel have said thanks

#2279 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 07:47 PM

I hope you didn't take my post as being directed towards you in a negative way. I agree with your approach about saying nothing about the ex to your kids. Any problems that was had in a marriage don't include the kids and they don't need to be in the middle of it.

No not at all. I am not the kind of person that reads into what isn't there. I figure if a man can't say what he meant there is not reason to listen to him. You are good.

• olcowhand, Craig., Bmerf and 1 other said thanks

#2280 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 07:58 PM

I'll bet it was hard to drop them off, don't worry, you left a lasting impression, you see Willie, im an uncle too, guess i should change my name to uncle Trowel,........anyways, next year will be new adventures and trials with them, in the mean time i think you did good uncle.

• Craig. said thank you