• Please log in to reply
4298 replies to this topic

#2251 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 11:46 PM

That starter is slightly different then the ones I'm used to. The ones I've seen have a nut to hold on the bendix and spring. Have to run it on and off with an impact wrench because you can't access any bare part of the shaft to hold it but as long as you have an impact they're easy to work with. Glad you got it working at any rate. You should take Emily with you to buy a lottery ticket.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#2252 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 10:39 AM

That starter is slightly different then the ones I'm used to. The ones I've seen have a nut to hold on the bendix and spring. Have to run it on and off with an impact wrench because you can't access any bare part of the shaft to hold it but as long as you have an impact they're easy to work with. Glad you got it working at any rate. You should take Emily with you to buy a lottery ticket.

The other one has a nut. I looked at it when I lost the spring, but it is completely different.

If I took her to buy a ticket she would just want a cut of the cash.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2253 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 10:49 AM

You would still be ahead of the game and both of you would be winners. :smilewink: :thumbs:

#2254 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 02:10 PM

Half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf at all!

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#2255 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 08:04 PM

My house feels empty.

This morning my phone started ringing before the alarm went off...

coffee-is-behind.jpg

While I was doing stuff online ( and trying to get my back to hurt less) Steph ran out and tossed a set of 4 aluminum wheels with tires on them in the bed of Christine. I wandered outside to see why Christine has been stalling so much. A short investigation revealed water under the distributor cap from me pressure washing the engine. That got dried out and then Steph and Carmel went down to the tire shop.

When she got back I shambled outside and we tossed a couple of radiators and some more tires in the bed and I left for the scrap yard. Before I left I told Emily and Allison to get their stuff ready to go back to their grandmothers. Carmel stayed home.

Arby's was giving away free Jamoca shakes for their 50th anniversary so I went by and got one on the way to the scrap yard.

With a check in hand I made my way to the check cashing place and headed home.

On the way in there was a green Toyota two cars in front of me that spent more time in the oncoming lane than in his. I was just reaching for my phone when I saw a Gaston County Police Officer on the side of the road. I pulled in and had a word with him and he left.

The whole rest of the way up the road the car never swerved once.

I got home and we all loaded up in the BlueOx to head to Cliffside, NC to deliver the girls. They will be back in a few days.

We headed back to Shelby and went to Aldis. Heath fell asleep on the ride so he and I stayed in the truck under a tree while Steph went in and got groceries. When she was done we left.

When we pulled into our road Heath woke up just like it was planned.

I needed to clean my pistol and the possum killer so I set to work on that while Steph and Heath did something – I really have no idea what they did I was busy.

BBQ porkchops and mashed potatoes for dinner.

I miss having the girls to harass. We have had a ball.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2256 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,230 Thanks
  • 5,071 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm glad you are getting to spend time with your girls. Are they going back to Arizona at the end of the summer?

#2257 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 09:09 PM

Yes they are headed back sometime in August. I can't get a straight answer from anyone though.

#2258 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 05:41 PM

And today I did – well nothing.

When I awakened this mroning I said in be3d a while and felt all the different aches and pains while read all the emails I got on my phone. I decided to take a day off.

Lazy Coffee.jpg

Then I proceeded to sit at my desk and watch videos, play games, take surveys ( I am up to $50 bucks for taking them now), and sign up for free samples of anything I could find. I should get some interesting stuff in the mail before too long.

At 1pm Steph left to run some errands.

At 130 Heath started raising a ruckus so I gave him a spoon full of peanut butter. He did a happy dance in the kitchen.

At 2pm I scraped the peanut butter off his face and put him down for his nap. He went right to sleep. He had been doing some pretty hard playing all day long.

At 230 or so Graham called me. He couldn't get his water filter apart to change it out. I put on some pants and walked all the way across the street and changed it for him.

Then I came home and had a cup of coffee and a ice cream sicle.

Steph came home at about 430 and had some rabbits with her. We are going to breed them for meat.

This guy is staying.

bunny.jpg

She had also picked up some worms for the snake so I fed him.

Heath got up from his nap shortly after she got home.

I have answered 400000 phone calls about stupid stuff – including making a guy from the hospital mad. He called about a bill ( I have never received a statement from them) about my emergency room visit last month. He was babbling on and I told him he had 10 seconds to get to the point. He didn't. I said his time was up and I hung up. He was shouting as I hit the disconnect button. I will call the hospital tomorrow and see what I owe.

Dinner is on the way. If the smell is any indication it is some kind of chicken.

• olcowhand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#2259 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 08:09 PM

A guy just showed up to buy the old Lowes LT I had for sale. So today I did nothing and made some money.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#2260 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 08:49 PM

Good day when you can make money doing nothing.  :thumbs:

BTW, I fixed your coffee drinking siggy.  Link was broken for some reason.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#2261 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 09:04 PM

Good day when you can make money doing nothing.   :thumbs:

BTW, I fixed your coffee drinking siggy.  Link was broken for some reason.

I wish I could do that without all the prep that went into it.

Coffee dude had to run to eh potty. Too much java will do that to you. thanks for finding him. You will want to wash your hands now.

#2262 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hot and steamy today..

We stayed up late last night watching movies. At 9am Graham texted me and asked if we were going to get more trees from Buddy's. I told him I would be there in an hour.

aaaaaaaaaaa.png

After I had my eyes open a little bit I tossed the chainsaw in the BlueOx and then backed it over to Graham's to get the trailer and Graham.

After a stop at Ace to get him a new chain for his Echo we drove down to Shelby.

We got down to Buddy's house around 1030 or so and got to cutting. I had 6 more good sized limbs to drop. I told Buddy and his wife to move any vehicle they didn't want a tree limb dropped on and got to it.

At 130 we were drenched in sweat, the trailer was loaded with as much as I felt like putting on it, and we headed home.

Steph sent me a text and asked me to stop at Southern States to get rabbit feed so I did. Graham had never been inside one before he was fascinated.

Once we paid too much for feed we left.

I didn't feel like backing the trailer in his driveway and he didn't feel like unloading so I pulled in to my yard.

He looked at the rabbits and decided he wanted to pet one. This led to a wild chase around the 20x40 dog pen that they are in now until I finally caught one.

Once he had his fill of petting dinner he headed home. I came in and collapsed into a chair.

After about an hour of recovery I managed to put myself in the tub. I was covered in dirt, sweat, chain oil, and pecan sawdust.

I haven't done anything else.

Edited by UncleWillie, July 25, 2014 - 07:03 PM.

#2263 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 27, 2014 - 06:06 PM

I am drenched.

Yesterday we had to go to a birthday party for a friends 1 year old. So I didn't get anything done.

Today it was raining when I woke up. SO I went back to sleep. About 2 hours later...

comics-coffee-cup-decision-667617.png

It kept spitting rain off and on so I sat an played with Zeke the bunny and Heath.

IMG_20140726_183740_884.jpg

Steph went out to check on the two rabbits in the dog pen and one of them escaped. If we had recorded the chase and played Yakkity Sax while we chased it I could get a billion views on Youtube.

Once the offending dinner entree had been apprehended and incarcerated in a dog carrier I came in. Tomorrow he will become freezer filler.

At some point a fly laid eggs in the snake tank and we had about 20 flies in it. Steph went out and found a frog and dropped  him in the tank. In about 30 minutes all the flies were gone. Tomorrow I will catch him and put him back outside to tell all his friends about the all you can eat buffet he went to.

After Heath went down for a nap Steph and I went out to try to get some stuff done between storms.

I started with the Troybuilt chipper vac. IN short order I figured out why it wasn't pulling fuel from the tank.

IMG_20140727_163105_548.jpg

IMG_20140727_163108_480.jpg

I put it back together and it would not start. I tried to remove the bowl and the retaining screw broke off in my hands. So now I need a carb for it.

I took a look at the Falcon to see why it would not idle down. When I put it back together I missed one of the clips that holds the spark plug wire up. It was holding the throttle wide open. An easy enough fix.

Then we turned our attention to the Jeep axles that I needed to get the springs off of. The impact would not budge the bolts on the rear axle. The fronts came off easily enough.

We got the breaker bar and an 5 foot cheater bar and got to work. The easiest way to do it was to just walk around in circles pushing the bar. It took forever but it worked. I was wondering about hooking the bar to a tractor and just letting it drive around in circles but I couldn't figure a way to do it.

I got three of them off then let Steph work on one that I broke loose. Then I got back on the bar for three more.

I was trying to save the u-bolts, but when I started on the last one it snapped. Oh well I got 3 to reuse.

The sky started to turn black so we picked everything up and came inside.

Steph woke Heath up so he will sleep tonight.

Tomorrow I go to get the kids at noon.

Edited by UncleWillie, July 27, 2014 - 06:14 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#2264 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted July 27, 2014 - 06:19 PM

Walking in circles: been there, done that. Usually more metaphorically but sometimes really.

#2265 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,230 Thanks
  • 5,071 posts

Posted July 27, 2014 - 06:30 PM

That's a good metaphor for life. A lot like pushing a rock up a hill only to have to chase it down and then roll it back up