• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted July 17, 2014 - 09:59 AM

Wow Willie....what a day you guys had!  Glad the slimeball went to jail, but even gladder you didn't get ran over by the druggie!  You know, you should have been a cop!  Maybe you could run for constable or whatever the positions are in NC.   You'd do good at it, and your neighborhood would be covered!  Well, it is already!  :thumbs:

#2237 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 17, 2014 - 05:58 PM

I is tared

I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by a truck – or a tree.

So I needed medication.
nurse.gif
Then I took the boys and we took the Ox down to the inspection shop. Steph loaded the catalytic converters up in Christine and headed to Charlotte. The girls and Heath stayed home.

The truck passed inspection. Then we went by the pharmacy to pick something up. Then home to drink more coffee.

Steph got home with the money and I left to get the tags on the truck. On the way back I stopped by the tire shop and got the wheels we had dismounted. Then to Wal-mart to pick up food.

Back home and sitting in my chair. I am worn out.

Edit: Just talked to Graham. He is too sore to move today too.

Edited by UncleWillie, July 17, 2014 - 07:34 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2238 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 06:14 PM

Long wasted day.

This morning Steph and I got up early to go to court for our tickets…

Old-Judge.png

Since Jared was the only one awakeI gave him some marching orders in regards to Heath, then we left.

I was told by the DA that my continuance date was July 18th. Stephs date was today too, the officer that pulled her over told her court was in Hickory.

After a rainy drive we got to the Hickory courthouse, there was hardly anyone there. I asked the officer why it was so empty and he said they had only juvenile court today. I asked where the traffic court was and he said Newton.

Fortunately it is a short drive to there.

We sat for a few minutes in the wrong courtroom before we realized it then we went to the traffic courtroom.  After we sat there for about 45 minutes Steph got bored and started to read her ticket.  It said she was supposed to be in Lincolnton. So she left.

The clerk of court (who was in a surly mood) announced that everyone who had not read the docket out front needed to go check so I did. My name was not there. I asked the bailiff and he said to wait and talk to the clerk and see if it was just an error.

2 hours later I go to her.  She told me to go downstairs and see about it.  So I went down and talked to them. My court date is August 8th. It was apparently entered wrong.

So I hobbled down the street to Burger King to wait for Steph to get back. It took her another hour to get back. Her ticket was continued till some time I don’t know when. She did tell me that 4 people left in handcuffs for smarting off to the judge.

We made one stop at the grocery store then headed home.

The house was still standing. Heath was still alive. There was n blood in the floor. But the house was super hot.  I could hear something making a noise so I went out side. The fan on the AC unit was not turning and it was so hot I couldn’t touch it. I managed to get it to start again. I don’t know if I have another one or not. I will have to keep an eye on it. I was too tired and sore from sitting on that wooden bench I didn’t care anymore.

The girls wanted to ride the tractors and the Falcon would not start. Someone left the key on.  I tried t jump it off and it didn’t respond. It was starting to rain again so I said screw it.

Derek had to go home and I told him I would take him after I had time to rest some. Being an impatient teenager he called Jared’s Uncle to come get him.  Suited me fine because it is 85 miles of driving I don’t have to do.

When the Uncle got here I went out and noticed that someone had crushed the grill on the Hemorrhoid.  It refused to start too. Jared and Derek left. I still have the girls a couple more days.

A guy came over to buy a PTO clutch off the old Wheelhorse. We got it pulled off in a misting rain. He gave me some cash and left.

I came in to collapse in my recliner. I will be in bed early tonight.

• olcowhand, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2239 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 04:34 PM

Remember when I said I was tired last night.

Well at around 9 my body quit and said no more. I went to bed at about 930, at 6am the AC was screaming again so I went out and pulled the breaker and went back to bed, then woke up at noon today. I feel much better now.

Soooo......

Third-Wave-of-Coffee-426x259.jpg

It was raining pretty good.

Steph was researching the AC problem online when I got up. She was right on the money with what she found. Makes me proud. 8 years ago she could barely change a lightbulb, now she is diagnosing an AC unit.

The capacitor was bad so I got online and started to look for one. No one had anything. So I called an AC repair place in Crouse. The guy had one but he was 3 hours away from home, but headed back. He said he would call me when he got home.

We went out and strung up a tarp over the AC and pulled the capacitor out. When the guy called I rode over and he tested it and said the fan side was bad. $24 later and I was back home and installed it. We have AC now.

I am not doing anything else today.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2240 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 06:15 PM

I intended to write and tell you it sounded like a bad capacitor first, a bad motor second.  Good for Steph finding the problem by herself.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#2241 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 06:42 PM

Soggy day.

I woke up to the sound of the rain falling on the roof. I went back to sleep.

Then at some time I awakened again.

coffeeslug.jpg

I worked on some stuff online trying to get some stuff sold, harassed the girls, and watched it rain.

About 300 it cleared up so Emily and I went outside and pushed the Falcon around back beside the Hemorrhoid.

The Falcons starter spins, but the bendix will not engage the flywheel.

I then turned my attention to the Hemorrhoid. After hooking up the battery charger it started up. Emily drove ti around the yard while I tinkered with the Falcon.

After I pulled the starter off and hooked it directly to the charger it still would not push the bendix out. I went to the shop and snagged the starter off the 20HP Kholer hiding in there. It is slightly different (positive lug comes out the bottom not the side), but I figured it would work.

Before I put it in I tried it out. It won't push the bendix over either. I looked at the rest of my motors. I have 5 different Kholers with 5 different starters.

Tomorrow I will call down to the starter shop and see if they can rebuild it.

Then I came in and took a shower.

Dinner is baked chicken and homemade mac and cheese.

• olcowhand, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2242 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 07:00 PM

Yea, Starter problems Sux. Hulk II decided it was time to install the spare engine. I had to move him around manually today.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#2243 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 09:33 PM

Hulk is a Briggs isn't it?
  • larrybl said thank you

#2244 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 11:51 PM

Before you spend the money on getting the starter rebuilt try tearing it down and cleaning it thoroughly with a good strong solvent. I've found those Kohler starters need to be free of dirt and grease to work well. Makes a surprising difference sometimes. 

• HDWildBill said thank you

#2245 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 12:27 PM

Before you spend the money on getting the starter rebuilt try tearing it down and cleaning it thoroughly with a good strong solvent. I've found those Kohler starters need to be free of dirt and grease to work well. Makes a surprising difference sometimes. 

Good idea. Maybe I will swim out to the shop later and give it a look.

#2246 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,223 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 12:36 PM

Last newer Kohler starter I tore apart looked like a small explosion happened in the bottom cap. Brushes in chunks and the bearing was toast.

#2247 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hulk is a Briggs isn't it?

Yep, Horizontal Opposed 18 hp

#2248 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,356 Thanks
  • 39,637 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 08:10 PM

Yep, Horizontal Opposed 18 hp

Got parts of 2 of those & 2 Verticals hanging out in the shop!

#2249 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 09:43 PM

Another moist day.

At 630 this morning I got a text from Buddy. His truck wasn't running. I texted him that I would be there later. It was pouring rain so I went back to sleep.

fart.jpg

At around 2 the rain finally let up so we all loaded up in the BlueOx (along with Carmel) and headed out.

Of course it started to rain before we got there.

After a 30 minute wait we were able to get out there and take a look.

Buddy’s daughter, Miriam, gave Carmel more attention that any one animal needs in a lifetime.

IMG_20140721_182512_483.jpg

His exhaust system has no flanges to unbolt. It is a fully welded system. So no cheating on unbolting it and seeing if it would start. I loosened the passengers side exhaust manifold, and I had Steph crank it over. I pulled off the coil wire to see if it was firing and when I had the wire about ½ inch above the coil the fool thing started. When I put the wire back on it died.

Steph pulled the distributor cap off and the rotor button was fried. I found 2 burnt plug wires too.

Emily and I took a ride to the parts house. $64 later and we were headed back.

When we got back Buddy’s neighbors, Bud and Mike, were replacing the mailbox post the 3 houses share. Someone knocked it down again. Bud had made new post from a cross tie. I gave them a hand with it off an on while Steph put the plugs in the truck.

There were 4 fouled plugs.

Once it was all back together we fired it up. It is still not right because the cat is still plugged. However, it will at least run now.

Once it was running everyone migrated over to the mailbox and we had a big time putting the boxes up. There was much laughter and insults during the work. IF someone hits it now they will not be driving away.

Pam fixed us spaghetti for dinner.

We got home at around 9pm. Heath had not had a nap. He went down for the night pretty easily.

As the girls and I were goofing off online Steph took the dogs out the pee. She called me on the phone and told me the dogs had a possum down that was playing dead. I grabbed the shotgun and went out and put it down. One less egg thief and chicken killer to worry about. I forgot that it had 3 inch magnum shells in it. My shoulder is a bit sore.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2250 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,730 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 09:39 PM

Super humid today.

Last ni ght

This morning I awakened feelign pretty good.

go_coffee_cheerleader_t_shirt_afr_amer-r748007e131b3467dbc51da58019d314f_8nhmi_512.jpg

I didn't get a lot done beside playing with Heath after he cut his toe. Poor little guy sat in my lap for about 3 hours and played with a car and and two metal balls.

During one of the times he got up I managed to pull the starter for the Falcon apart.

After he went down for a nap I carried all the pieces outside and got to work on cleaning it up.

(Video is uploading and will be here whenever it decides to - check back later if it doesn't play)

It was so hot that in about 20 minutes I didn't have a dry stitch left on.

While I was putting it back together I managed to fire the spring across the yard. After searching for about 20 minutes I said screw it. Emily and I went down to the hardware store to see if they had one.

I got the closest one they had and headed home.

It wasn't close enough. While I was scratching my head Emily walked over and picked something up and said, “I found a spring”. I will be dang if she didn't find the one that escaped.

While I was putting it all back together the spring clip went flying off. I heard it hit the car port about 15 feet away. I searched all over for it or one and was having no luck. Once again Emily walked up behind me and said, “ Look a funny ring”. Score two for young eyes.

I got it all back together and it still would not kick the bendix all the way out. It could not overcome the spring. I finally wound up cutting the spring to get it to work. Starts every time now.

I pulled the DR brush trimmer out and tried to get it started since a guy as coming to look at it. It refused to start. I finally gave up on it.

Then Emily drove the Falcon over and hooked it to the mobile crane.

We went behind the shop to get the Jeep Wagoneer axles that I have to get the springs off of. I forgot how heavy those things are. The Falcon could not get traction to pull it up the hill. So the Hemorrhoid was called in to duty to add some extra pull.

Once both axles were up the hill I tried to take the springs off with the impact. Nothing doing. I managed to turn one of the bolts with a breaker bar and a 6 foot cheater.

By this time I was completely drained. I was dripping wet. We came in.

I sat in the living room floor for about a hour or so before the guy who wanted the DR showed up. He had a Craftsman chipper vac and a Mantis tiller he wanted to trade. Steph has wanted a Mantis for a long time so I traded him even. The chipper vac will probably get resold.

I came in and took a much needed shower then Steph had dinner ready, baked chicken, noodles, and some delicious homemade cheese biscuits.

Tomorrow I have to take the girls back to their grandmothers.

Heath is acting like nothing ever happened to his foot.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks