wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 06:39 PM

Ahhhh Sunday.

Diesel is sick. He was up and down all night so sleep was hard to come by. He is lethargic and has no energy. I am hoping he just ate something that doesn't agree with him.

At 1030 (after 4 hours of sleep) my phone rang. I thought it was HowardsMF calling to come get his tractor parts. He said he was on a road about 3 minutes from here.

I jumped up and grabbed some clothes. Steph went to make coffee.

Just as I had my boots on a Dodge Dakota pulled in the driveway. I went out and said, “I have a set of wheel you need to buy for that.” He looked at me like I had a third arm. Turns out it was someone that I had completely forgotten was coming to get a set of Dodge Dakota wheels. Oh well.

After I had the cash I came back in the house to drink coffee.

maxine.jpg

Steph went back to bed so I watched Heath. Diesel is her baby so she really got no sleep last night.

At about 1 I carried Heath in and tossed him in the bed with her. We all three had a big wrestling match.

At 2 Heath went down for a nap and we went outside to pull Christine apart. Diesel actuality stood up and wagged his tail so he is feeling better.

Once I had the power steering pump off I discovered the oil leak. The drivers side valve cover is hemorrhaging oil. That will get fixed while it is apart. The power steering bracket was broken so I tossed it in a bucket of purple power and then sprayed the engine down with some and let them both soak.

Then I carted the deck for the DragonFly over to the work table and got the grinder with the wire brush on it going. When it was all cleaned up I put a grinder wheel on and started smoothing out all the booger welds from the PO's repair. After about 45 minutes all the magic smoke escaped from the grinder. I got the old grinder out and it lasted for about 30 more minutes until it slowed to a crawl.

I went in the shop and found a Black and Decker grinder that I could not remember why we stopped using it. In about 45 seconds I figured it out. The gears were slipping. I took a good look at it and the screws behind the mandrel were loose. Once they were tight I resumed grinding.

I found a lot of holes that need to be welded up. So I put in a call to my welder.

Steph was using the neighbors week whacker to trim around the house. She ran out of string and I put some more on it.

I got a marking crayon and marked all the holes I wanted welded and then was cleaning up some tools when my welder pulled in the drive. I didn't expect him to come over today.

He looked at the deck and the nasty PS bracket and said he would stop tomorrow morning on his way to work to snag them.

Steph ran the trimmer out of gas and carried it back to Graham. I came in the house to take a shower I was black. Grinders are a bit messy.

Pork chops and potatoes for dinner.

No pictures because I had my phone hooked up to the stereo in the BlueOx playing ZZ Top.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2192 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,578 Thanks
  • 29,825 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 06:52 PM

Busy day Willie!  Find or get the parts for the FF?

#2193 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,302 Thanks
  • 4,657 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 07:02 PM

Lots of time's I play the Deguello album @ work @ night..  Sometimes Tres Hombres rocks the house..  Top Rocks..  

Other nights Rush or Zepplin keep me going!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#2194 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 07:15 PM

Busy day Willie!  Find or get the parts for the FF?

Not yet. Nothing around here is open till Tomorrow any way.

#2195 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 07:56 PM

The "falcon" is not in your glossary.

Tis now

• MH81 said thank you

#2196 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 10:25 PM

Long day. I'm tired. Going to bed. Post more tomorrow.
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#2197 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 09:42 AM

Ok so yesterday....

My phone started ringing much earlier than I wanted it to. So...

coffeefart.jpg

Then I had to figure out why it was so blamed hot in the house. I pulled the air return open and found about 47 pounds of dog hair where the air filters used to be. When Diesel sheds he really sheds. SO those hairy filters got tossed and it finally started to cool off a little.

When we got outside we started to pull Gradys Fart Exploder apart.

As soon as we got out side my welder pulled in the drive with the power steering pump bracket. He had a few questions about the mower deck before he started welding on that.

The first thing we did was set up a tarp to give us some shade and then get a big fan going. Although the fan had one minor problem. The motor kept overheating and shutting off. It was nice when it ran though.

In order to get the intake manifold off you have to wrestle with 800000 wires and 20000 hoses. The lower intake manifold has a blown gasket. I made a note of the parts we needed and then we went to our next project.

At some point during this Heath went to bed.

Once that was done the tarp was moved over to Christine. The fan got left where it was. In its place I hooked up the huge shop fan that we cannot run when Heath is outside because it only has screen on one side.

We got the valve covers off and found that there was little to no gasket left on them. I would say they were difficult to get off, but after the Fart they were a breeze. The biggest problem with Christine is how low it sits. I can reach everything better from a kneeling position, but then my knees start to hurt.

Once they were off we had to hook Christine up to the Flacon to mover her back to find the bolts we dropped in the grass.

Heath was awake by then and I went in a scrapped off a layer of gunk and got him up, dressed, diapered and out the back door. He chased the ducks around the yard while we finished up.

Finally I sat in my folding chair for a bit and watched Heath and Carmel play.

IMG_20140701_182358_325.jpg

At 7 we all headed back in the house and Steph and I got a much needed degreasing then we loaded up in the BlueOx to go to Shelby to get my girls. Since they were waiting at Jack in the Box we had dinner there.

While we ate a guy called about the Jeep 4.0l water pump I have had listed for sale for about 2 years. I told him I would let him know when I was headed home. Of course I forgot.

At 930 we were sitting at the house and he called me. I gave him the address and he was there by 10. I can finally quit renewing the ad.

Bedtime was about 1130, but I didn't go to sleep till nearly 3 UGH.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2198 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,243 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 11:08 AM

Sounds like a productive day.

#2199 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 04:44 PM

Yikes!!

Well this morning, as I was trying to ignore all the noise from the living room and get some more shut eye, my phone rang. It was HowardsMF;al;jdkfh90 coming to get his parts.

So.....

Coffee_Keyboard-thumb-300x225-101774.jpg

Steph had made french toast for the girls so I stole some.

Howard got here and was greeted by the dogs, cat, girls, and Steph. Heath was off in his bedroom playing with cars.

After Howard was all loaded up, and had looked at everything in the yard, he headed off. I headed inside for more coffee.

The girls and I played the Guess the Emjoi game for a while and watched some TV.

At around 1 they left with me to go to the parts house and for Emily to have her first driving lesson. She drove the BlueOx around the parking lot at the old Harris Teeter fro about an hour or so.

Coffee_Keyboard-thumb-300x225-101774.jpg

We came home and ate hot dogs and then Steph and I went outside to get Ol'Smokey up on the tow dolly.

Everythign went beautifully – till it didn't. Steph was pushing Smokey with the Hemorrhoid. Only she was dead in the center and not off to the side where she could see what she was doing. I didn't realize the truck had no brakes. It is a hydro-boost truck and with no engine running it was freewheeling – right over the front of the dolly. Fortunately I managed to get her to stop p[ushing before we were in the back of the Ox.

Out came the jacks and blocks and jack stands Up went the front end. And up and up until two cement blocks were under each front tire.

I pulled the dolly up to the blocks and then looked behind the truck. Steph had left the bumper to the Hemorrhoid touching the trailer hitch on Smokey. The back tires of the tractor were off the ground. So she had to jack the rear end up so I could back it out.

Then the truck rolled right back onto the dolly and was quickly strapped down.

I left the girls and Heath at the house (Heath was down for his nap) and we headed over to my friends shop. It was slow going because that big Burb was trying to escape. We got to the shop and both straps were loose, but holding.

I used the Ox to push Smokey into the lot behind the shop and then Steph stopped short of where he wanted it. I had already walked down to them so I had her go get the Ox and push me up to the back door of his shop.

After talking to his very pregnant and very past due girl friend we headed home. When we got back to the main road a Mercury Marquis pulled onto the road we were on and nearly hit me head on.

I turned around and managed to catch them. They were mostly on the wrong side of the road the whole time. I pulled in front of them and stopped. I couldn't get their keys and after I had yelled at them a bit they drove on. I figured I would have to runt hem off the road to stop them again and I was almost out of gas. They said they were a mile from home – I hope they made it. If I had more gas I would have gone after them again if I had to block the whole road to stop them.

Finally got home and sat in the air conditioning and got a beer. Supper is soon I have no idea what it is.

Attached Thumbnails

• emdrive.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#2200 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 08:19 PM

Great to meet you and "The Crew" Willie.  I got home safe just a few minutes ago, as I was pulling onto I-40 in Hickory, it occurred to me that a good friend from my childhood lived just up the road in Lenoir.  I called and got hold of her, so I got to eat lunch with one of my honorary "Aunts"  and spent the rest of the day with her.

• Craig. said thank you

#2201 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 08:51 PM

I just saw where i had some help typing Howards name lol
  • Craig. said thank you

#2202 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 03, 2014 - 09:26 PM

coffee.png

Didn't do much today but spend time with my girls. Took Emily out driving in the old Carolina Freight parking lot. Left Allison at home with Steph, then went to WalMart to get her a belated birthday present.

On the way to take them back to their grandmothers we saw the car wash had a little wind damage from today's storm.

wash3.jpg

wash.jpg

wash2.jpg

I had to take them to dollar general to get some food since their grandmother told them there was nothing at the house. While we were there Allison found something she wanted for her birthday so we go that too.

Only other thing that happened today was Steph took Diesel to the vet. Turns out that he is not sick. He was shot. He has a round piece of shot in his rib cage. Doc said it is smaller than a 22 and is deformed so probably not from a BB gun. I wish I knew who did it.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2203 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 04, 2014 - 06:58 AM

SON OF A GUN!!  So someone shot him!  That makes me mad.  I doubt you need help if you find the culprit, but I'd come running if you called over this.  By the way, they make really high powered .177 cal pellet guts these days, so that is a possibility.

• Craig. said thank you

#2204 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted July 04, 2014 - 09:39 AM

Man that Sucks!  I hope you find the Bozo that shot Diesel.   Talking about storms, is Arthur going to miss you all?

• Craig. said thank you

#2205 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 04, 2014 - 01:20 PM

SON OF A GUN!!  So someone shot him!  That makes me mad.  I doubt you need help if you find the culprit, but I'd come running if you called over this.  By the way, they make really high powered .177 cal pellet guts these days, so that is a possibility.

Since it was round and flat on one end it has to be lead. The vet left it in because it was healing nicely. He said taking it out would do more damage then letting it heal up.

Man that Sucks!  I hope you find the Bozo that shot Diesel.   Talking about storms, is Arthur going to miss you all?

We got some rain and wind. I think that will be about it.

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks