wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 21, 2014 - 08:45 PM

Long day.

Right as I was getting out of bed Grady called and asked how many ounces of freon his Exploder took. I sent Steph off to make coffee while I got online and started to look it up.

goaheadmakemycoffee_1313_76_f.jpg

About the time I finished my first cup Grady pulled in the driveway, and one if Steph's classmates came over to work on some class work.

I went out and swapped the A/C compressor on Grady's Furd and then found that the new one did not come with o-rings.

He and I went to every parts house in town and no one had any. We called the parts houses in Lincolnton and they didn’t have them either. I can't believe that no one had a part for a 06 Exploder. So we ordered them from AutoZone and went to the tire shop to see if they had a tire for the Furd. He did so we went back to the house and got the Furd drivable and Grady left.

It clouded up and started to thunder so I came inside. Heath was down for a nap so it was after 130. When Steph's classmate left the sky cleared up. It never rained a drop. Since Heath was up from his nap we all went outside.

The old Bolens got dragged out of the weeds and the engine got pulled off

IMG_20140621_165634_288.jpg

IMG_20140621_165622_020.jpg

and the tractor got loaded on Christine. Then an old Craftsman with a seized engine and the 4wheel steer Wizard got loaded up on the trailer and I headed off to the guys house who wanted to trade for them.

We got them unloaded and got the two 12 hp Kholer Commands (one vertical one horizontal) were strapped on Christine. He asked if I had any Cub Cadets and told him I had one. We came back to the house and he looked at it.

After it got loaded back up on the trailer we headed back to his house to unload. Fortunately he doesn't live very far away. A Briggs Vanguard (which I honestly cannot remember what size its is but is a horizontal) got strapped beside the Kholers.

I had to stop at Wal-Mart for milk. beer and cookies. At around 845 I got home.

I have sweated about 12 gallons today.

Tomorrow we have to go to Charlotte to meet a childhood friend of Steph's that she has not seen in about 10 years. She is driving through NC on her way back to WV before she heads to ID. (Military wife – they are stationed in Italy) I have never met her so it should be interesting.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2177 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 06:36 PM

Nice Sunday.

We all slept in a bit..

sundaycoffee.jpg

Then we spent most of the day doing not much at all.

Around 430 Steph and I went outside and got the parts out the Etank and put the mower deck back in since I forgot to spray it with oil and it re-rusted

Then I took the angle grinder with the wire wheel to the parts we took out and cleaned them up and oiled them.

I took some pictures of the engines I got yesterday.

IMG_20140622_181843_456.jpg

IMG_20140622_181631_808.jpg

IMG_20140622_181642_289.jpg

IMG_20140622_181716_894.jpg

IMG_20140622_181729_092.jpg

IMG_20140622_181801_196.jpg

IMG_20140622_181829_709.jpg

Then I sat in a chair in the back yard and smoked a cigar and watched Heath and the dogs run around a play.

Finally I came in an took a shower.

• DougT, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2178 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 23, 2014 - 10:22 PM

And today we worked.

This morning my eyes opened and I looked at my phone – and I had overslept. YIKES..

I got dressed while Steph made coffee and then I grabbed my A/C tools and tore out in the BlueOx.

Coffee on the run.

run.png

I got up to Grady's shop and immediately realized that I had forgotten the o-ring set that we needed. So I called Steph to bring them up and then watched Grady work on the fiberglass boat transom he is repairing.

Steph arrived and turned Heath loose. Grady's wife, Mary, was there and they had a ball together.

It took me about 5 minutes to get the o-rings installed then charged the system. It is cooling down to 50 degrees at an idle and 39 while driving. They are ecstatic.

Steph left Heath with us and left to get ready for an appointment.

After Grady and I straightened out all the worlds problems, Heath and I headed home. Poor little guy was droopy all the way home. He went down for a nap immediately.

I sat for a minute then had to get outside. I managed to find 6 more mower engines to take apart and got to tearing them down.

Graham came over to borrow the Falcon to mow his yard. I gave him the choice of mowers and he picked it. I like it better too. It rides better. The Hemorrhoid is now Steph's baby.

At around 530 or so I heard Heath making noise so I came in and cleaned up and got him up.

He came and sat in my lap for about 30 minutes while we watched elephant videos. He is learning to make an elephant noise.

Once Steph came home I remembered that someone told me this weekend that her tail lights were not working so I told her to investigate it while I got back to the engines.

She couldn't find the problem so I had to go look at the lights. The drivers side bulb was not in all the way and the passengers side had broken wires. A few minutes with the soldering iron and it is good as new.

The last engine was a bear. The flywheel was frozen in place. The threaded holes for the puller were stripped so I had to get medieval on it. The BFH and a 4 foot pry bar and a busted knuckle later and it popped off.

Supper was salmon with rice. Good stuff.

• KennyP said thank you

#2179 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 06:06 PM

Not much going on today.

The alarm went off this morning to the sounds of torrential downpour. I rolled back over and went back to sleep.

Graham called me at some time and needed me to go get his new refrigerator. He was running late and had to get to work too. So Steph made coffee again while I got dressed.

animals-gold_fish-coffee_bowl-coffee-coffee_makers-nerve-hbrn1380l.jpg.png

While we were at the store getting the fridge a guy in a little Nissan pickup pulled in with a yard Machine sitting on the bed, tailgate down, not strapped at all. Hope he made it to where he was going.

After the new fridge was installed and the old one was in the back of Christine I headed home. The yard was a swamp.

Steph had to go to the store and I told her that the belt on Christine was squealing and she checked it. The bracket is cracked. Tomorrow I will tear it down and see what it needs.

Spaghetti for dinner.

• KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#2180 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 25, 2014 - 08:53 PM

All loaded up and nowhere to go...

After I dragged my carcass into the kitchen...

break.jpg

It was threatening to rain this morning so we stayed where it was dry.

We had a wild wrestling match with Heath on our bed for about 2 hours. When he went down for a nap he went straight to sleep. He was worn out.

The sky cleared up some and Steph and I went out to get stuff loaded for tomorrow. There were a few more things to get pulled apart – namely a refrigerator and some brass and copper plumbing. All the aluminum got put on the back of Christine, and all the stainless, copper, electric motors, and appliances went on the little trailer.

About the time we finished loading the rain decided to make an appearance. For the next three hours it poured.

Once it stopped raining and Heath woke up, he and Steph went to the store. She said he was getting mad that he couldn't eat the fruit she got till after it was paid for. He loves fruit.

We didn't do a whole lot till else till around dark.

Steph wanted to pick some blackberry’s so Heath, the dogs, and I ran around the yard.

We had to uncover wvbuzzmaster's Springfield to move some stuff and Heath took the opportunity to try it out.

IMG_20140625_205429_572.jpg

We all came back in when it was too dark to see. As I sat down to write this Steph yelled for help. I went in to find the kitchen flooded. Heath had discovered that the collection bucket for the dehumidifier came out. There is now 2 gallons of distilled water on the floor. And he broke the plug for it so once he goes to bed Steph will have to run to the store and get one so we can plug it back in to make sure everything dries out.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#2181 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted June 25, 2014 - 09:01 PM

The "falcon" is not in your glossary.

• MH81 said thank you

#2182 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,952 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted June 25, 2014 - 09:02 PM

She said he was getting mad that he couldn't eat the fruit she got till after it was paid for. He loves fruit.

Our local store has a fruit basket at the door where you drop a quarter in the bucket and can take a banana, peach, apple, or whatever. I some times use this when I stop to pick up a frozen dinner for lunch on the days I forgot my brown bag.

• MH81, sacsr and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2183 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 25, 2014 - 10:17 PM

Them old Springfields are like magnets lol.

#2184 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 25, 2014 - 11:04 PM

The "falcon" is not in your glossary.

I know gotta fix that

#2185 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 26, 2014 - 08:27 PM

Looong day..

This morning at 630 (after a whole 4 hours of sleep) my alarm screamed me to consciousness and I staggered out.

myjob.jpg

I was going to let Steph sleep, but I couldn't find any clothes. I swear she hides them on purpose. Once I was dressed I headed out.

At 715 I pulled into the smelter. He wanted to get it done before it got hot.

At 820 I was back home with a pocket full of cash.

I was kind of in a daze from lack of sleep so I drank more coffee.

I have no idea what time Steph got up because I was in and out at my desk, but she said she would take the stainless and copper to the scrap yard because she wanted to go to PetSmart in Gastonia. I didn't argue.

We all went out around noon and got the load strapped down and hooked up to the BlueOx. When that was done Steph brought the dogs in and gave them a bath – no small feat. I did nothing productive.

At 130 the neighbor brought her car over for me to change her oil. Steph couldn't leave till I was done some my tools are in the BlueOx, and I don't fit in a Hyundai Accent. Once the oil was changed Carmel and I came in the house, Steph took the car back across the street and then she and Diesel left.

She left around 2pm. I didn't have anything pressing to do outside so I watched Cheers on Amazon Prime. I am up to season 2 now.

At around 4 I got a call from a guy who had a car for scrap. I have got a lot of stuff from this guy before. I told him I really wasn't sure what I could pay for it because I didn't know how much money we had. He said to let him know because he was desperate.

Of course, Steph's phone had died so I couldn't reach her. I called all over town and couldn't find her.

Once she got home I called him back and we agreed on a price. Then we all loaded up in the Ox and headed north up 321.

There was a 40 gallon trash can on the opposite side of the road that I told Steph we would snag if it was still there on the way home.

We got the car and headed back. The can was there so it came home too.

At about 845 we got home and Steph started supper. I am hungry I hope it won't be too much longer.

I just finished getting Steph's old phone activated, it gave notification for about 20 text messages and voice mails so I was not the only one trying to reach her.

• olcowhand, KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#2186 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 27, 2014 - 06:45 PM

Grand Theft Auto – in real life.

This morning

begin.jpg

Then I answered emails and looked for stuff on Craigslist.

At about 1130 Steph said she was going to go mow the back yard. I wasn't going to argue since it was 40000000000 degrees outside.

Grady called and said he was bringing me money for fixing his air conditioning.

Heath and I read the same book about 200 times and then watched car crash videos.

Steph came in at around 130 and we put Heath down for his nap then we went outside. Todays mission was to get the FF back together. That required moving the stuff that got put in front of the KFCTS and mowing the tall weeds with the push mower.

While the mower was running Steph mowed the dog pen. When she had finished that my phone rang.

Remember that car I bought yesterday? It was stolen. In NC if a car is older than 10 years old no title is required to scrap it. I got no title.

The girl that owned it was the ex of the guy I bought it from. I told her that I would not return the car unless I had my money. If she couldn't pay the police would have to get involved. She said she had no problem paying. I hated to have to do it but I have bills to pay and the guy is in the wind.

If she had called about 15 minutes later Steph would have been jerking the car apart.

So after we had everything moved I headed out. My GPS had a brain fart and took me around in several circles.

When I got to the house she said that the money was in Claremont. I told her the car didn’t come off the dolly till I had cash. She made a phone call and then asked if I could take her to Claremont. So we headed off.

Oddly enough we were headed to the guy I bought the car from father's house. He was paying for the car.

On the way up I found out that about 5 months ago this guy borrowed his fathers truck and sold it. He has a felony warrant out for him. He is no longer where I got the car or I would be dragging someone with a badge up there.

I came across this awesome repair job on the road.

bw3.jpg

bw1.jpg

bw2.jpg

We had to go to a gas station to get change.

Grady called me and said he was 15 minutes away from my house. I told him what was going on and that Steph was at home. He could pay her.

Once she paid me I dropped the car off the dolly and we went out separate ways.

I came home and found Steph coming up the hill on the Hemorrhoid. She had a big bowl of blackberries in her lap. She said when Grady came he gave her some money and left with an identical bowl of berries.

We finished dragging the Buzzard out into the daylight. Once I started putting it back together I hit a snag. The drive pin that holds the carrier to the shaft had disappeared. The drive shaft key is also AWOL.

Tomorrow I will swing past the hardware store and see if I can find something.

Tacos for dinner.

• olcowhand, KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#2187 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 27, 2014 - 07:07 PM

We finished dragging the Buzzard out into the daylight. Once I started putting it back together I hit a snag. The drive pin that holds the carrier to the shaft had disappeared. The drive shaft key is also AWOL.

Tomorrow I will swing past the hardware store and see if I can find something.

Tacos for dinner.

Zip-loc bags for all little parts Willie!  :smilewink:

#2188 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted June 27, 2014 - 07:44 PM

Sounds like it is time for pics of you and the seller with every purchase!

#2189 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 27, 2014 - 08:31 PM

Zip-loc bags for all little parts Willie!  :smilewink:

All the rest of the parts were in a ziploc bag. I didn't know the pin even existed let along escaped until I noticed that the carrier went round and round by itself.

Sounds like it is time for pics of you and the seller with every purchase!

I get a photo ID from ever seller. State law stipulates that only a crusher has to get a picture of the seller. I don't have enough computer storage for all those pictures.

• olcowhand said thank you

#2190 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted June 28, 2014 - 10:03 PM

Nice day with the family today.

Steph wanted to get up to the feed place before they closed today so my coffee was to go...

thermosmobile_edited-1-1.jpg

We got up there in plenty of time and she loaded up on feed.

Then we moseyed over to Northern Tool and got a pressure washer hose and a sledge hammer for $30. Not a bad trip. Of course we had to look at everything else in the store. When we got to the checkout Heath was restless so he and I went to walk around the parking lot while Steph paid. HE inspected all the trailers for sale and every car and a Semi making a delivery. I found a flashlight.

Then we headed over to Home Depot to return the hose Steph got for the pressure washer. It was $32. Then we wandered around the store a bit.

We were all getting hungry so we went over to Waffle House. I had the t-bone, eggs, hashbrowns (all the way hold the peppers), coffee, and water. Steph had a waffle, eggs, toast, and lemonade. Heath had a chocolate chip waffle, bacon, and orange juice. He must have been hungry because he ate almost all of it.

He also practiced his towing while we waited for our order.

IMG_20140628_125631_858.jpg

One stop for gas and we got back home about mid afternoon.

I moved a couple of things around and made a more permanent home for the pressure washer and 50 gallon tank that serves to keep pressure to the washer when the well pump cycles.

Steph fed the chickens and ducks.

Heath got into everything.

Once I had the pressure washer working I cleaned the engine on Steph's truck so I can see what broke on the power steering mount tomorrow.

Now it is time for bed.

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks