• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 07:10 AM

Glad you're in the land of the caffeinated again.
Hope the reunion with the girls is wonderful.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2162 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 09:52 AM

Glad to see the toilet has released your chain.  Have a great time with your girls.

• Craig. said thank you

#2163 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 08:27 PM

Great day.

This morning I staggered into the kitchen....

catcoffee.jpg

Then I tried to get Heath ready to go meet the girls. Right off the bat we had a problem. He is in cloth diapers and he had no dry diaper covers. I hopped online and WalMart showed that they had them. So I put him in 2 diapers and headed off. When I go there I found that the website was lying.

No way I was gonna miss my daughters so we took a chance and headed out.

I got to their grandmothers house at around 1145 and then took them out to eat. We talked and laughed and had a ball.

Emily

em1.jpg em2.jpg

Allison

al1.jpg al2.jpg

All too soon I had to take them to their aunts house to drop them off. They will be coming up to stay a few days hopefully next week. My oldest girl wants me to teach her to drive. YIKES.

I had some work to do when I got home, but it was pouring down rain when I got here. So I did nothing the rest of the day but watch it come down.

Tomorrow I have to get some work done if I have to stand out in the rain to do it.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2164 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 10:25 PM

Glad you had a good time with the girls. Nice when family get together.
  • Craig. said thank you

#2165 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,715 posts

Posted June 13, 2014 - 05:28 AM

Glad you got some time with the girls.

#2166 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 13, 2014 - 09:04 PM

This will be short and sweet I am tired.

Woke up bright and early this morning...

mrcoffee.jpg

Then we went out and I managed to get that last head bolt out of the BMW. Had to slice it in pieces with the air grinder. By noon it was all apart and ready to go to the crusher. We headed out.

Steph took all the catalytic converters and drove Christine. We stopped at the scrap yard and unloaded. Then Steph headed out to sell the cats. Of course since I was in a hurry everyone and their brother wanted to have an in depth conversation with me.

At 1 I got home and jumped in the shower and then into clean clothes and headed right back out to get to the hand doctor.

It was a big waste of time because she said there isn't much they can do for me besides fusing the bones of my thumbs. Not ready to do that yet. She gave me some suggestions for pain relievers and I left.

Then I started driving up to Cliffside to get my girls. They had talked their mom into letting them spend the night.

Fortunately for me their grandmother was bringing them to Shelby to buy shoes. It cuty my drive in half.

While I waited for them to get there I ran in Lowe's and got a nut for the wheel weight on the Hemorrhoid.

With the girls in the truck I headed home.

They wanted to drive tractors so I started Emily off on the Hemorrhoid since it is the easiest to drive. Once she got the hang of that I put Allison on the Hemorrhoid and Emily on the Craftsman.

Coincidentally it got a name today. The Falcon. Emily said it looked junky and I cannot believe I quoted Star Wars. “She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts.”

They spent about an hour driving around and then it started to rain. We cam in and watched movies.

One of them left the pantry open and Heath found it. He dumped out a bag of cereal, a box of baking soda, and ate a bunch of chocolate milk powder. He had a good night anyway.

I am off to bed. I am tired.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140613_181046_623.jpg
  • IMG_20140613_174400_202.jpg
  • IMG_20140613_174403_922.jpg
  • IMG_20140613_174406_671.jpg
  • IMG_20140613_174506_840.jpg
  • IMG_20140613_174509_419.jpg
  • IMG_20140613_174932_406.jpg

• Craig., KennyP, HowardsMF155 and 1 other said thanks

#2167 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 08:09 PM

Nice day.

This morning Heath woke me up early, but the girls never heard him hollering even though they were in the same room with him.

garf15.gif

By the time I was sitting down with my cup of coffee they managed to stagger out into the kitchen. They attacked the box of fruit loops then we watched a couple of movies and generally did nothing for most of the morning.

After Heath went down for his nap I ran down to get gas for the tractors and then they went nuts driving them all around again.

I took the wire brush to the metal cabinet I got a couple of weeks back and then painted it with three different colors of paint, because that is what I had. It needed something to keep the rust at bay till I could get more paint.

I had them help me carry the DragonFly's mower deck to the work table where I soon realized that my arms were not long enough to hold wrenches on both sides of it at once. So I tinkered around till they decided they had enough tractor driving and we all came in.

Emily went in and got Heath out of bed before I got b ack in the house. I suspect he never went to sleep.

We watched more movies and talked a while. The girls got me a musical fathers day card which I found out about when Heath kicked Emily's bag and it started playing music.

Steph got home from class and cooked chicken for dinner.

After we ate we all loaded up in the BlueOx and headed back to their grandmothers house. Heath fell asleep.

After we dropped them off we ran past Lowe's and got 2 citronella plants ( I am hoping they can dissuade the mosquitoes from visiting) and 2 cans of green paint for the cabinet. Then we went to Jack-in-the-Box . Heath and I shared a banana strawberry smoothie and Steph got a chocolate milkshake.

Back home. Steph and Heath went across the road to see Jenni. I am tired. First time I have had a moment to myself. Not that I am complaining – I had a ball.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2168 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,715 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 08:16 PM

Glad you had a good day with the girls!

• Craig. said thank you

#2169 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 09:20 AM

Sounds like a good day.   Let us know how the citronella plants work out.

• Craig. said thank you

#2170 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 07:06 PM

I'm glad u had a good day with the girls! Sounds like they had fun

#2171 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 08:34 PM

I woke up this morning to crashing thunder and blinding lightening.

catcoffee.jpg

It never did rain but the thunder and lightening just stopped. I didn't do much because I am slightly allergic to lightening. Steph ran some errands. Heath played in a box most of the day till he fell out of it.

• Craig. said thank you

#2172 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 09:09 PM

Trying to get my sleeping schedule fixed again...

isaidineedcoffee.jpg

After a bleary morning of feeling like I wanted to go back to bed we finally got outside to do some work.

After repairing the air line connector that has been bad for months, Steph and I spent far too long taking the DragonFly's mower deck apart. Every single bolt was frozen. Every carriage bolt was stripped out. After a protracted wrestling match (and only one bolt needing to be cut off) we had it apart and I pressure washed it and put it in the E-tank.

After seeing the condition of the deck I am wondering how it is going to come out. I know that it is going to have to go off to the weld shop for repairs, it has several holes.

Then I cut off the piece of angle that was welded to the top of the metal table I got a while back. I thought of keeping it on there till it kept getting in the way with the mower deck today. While I was cutting that off, Steph went over and took the big vice off the workbench so we could attach it to the table.

Once I had the angle cut off I took the wire brush to the top and shot it with some leftover red paint to stop it from rusting where I ground on it.

Then it started to rain. We came in and did nothing the rest of the day.

Hopefully I can get to sleep earlier tonight.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2173 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 09:46 PM

Good day...

After getting to bed at an almost descent hour I got up at an almost descent hour...

depresso-600x542.jpg

Once the caffeine had kicked in we headed outside and hooked the BlueOx up to the little trailer, then used the Hemorrhoid to pull the broken YardMachine I bought before I got sick off of it. Then we headed up to Charlotte.

IMG_20140619_134951_558.jpg

ON the way I saw my first Tesla. Pretty neat looking car.

IMG_20140619_131648_822.jpg

We went up to Bar Louie and got their old ice machine, then headed over to Cigar Central to see my buddy, Darryl.

After a good yak session we headed next door to Wal-Mart to get a charger for Steph's phone.

We had to park way in the back of the lot with the trailer.

The store sits down in a hole next to independence Blvd. When I got out of the truck I heard a crashing noise up on the road and I recognized it. When I looked up I saw a van with about 50 ladders piled up on top of it. He lost a ladder. I hurried up the hill and found a nice 20 foot extension ladder laying over in the turn lane.

I braved the traffic to snag it. One guy swerved over into me. I nearly shot him. After I got the ladder a semi stopped two lanes for me and I made it back without having to put holes in anyone. The van was no where in sight, I guess he had no idea he lost it.

One stop at Jack in the Box for some food and more importantly something to drink and we were home.

Heath went down for a nap and Steph left to got to eh grocery store and to pick up the rims from the tire shop.

Shortly after sh got home she told me someone was here. It was guy who wanted the old Gravely 408. He bought it and we used the Falcon and the mobile crane to load it on his trailer. He had lots of questions about the crane.

Then wrestled the deck out of the Etank. With less rust on it I can see where the deck was patched once before. It looks pretty bad. It got turned around and put back in to do the other end.

IMG_20140619_185512_658.jpg

IMG_20140619_184852_889.jpg

Heath woke up and came outside with us.

Steph and I cleaned out he dogs and ducks swimming pools. As disgusting as the ducks water gets it is a nice shade of green. I wonder if I can take a jar into the paint shop and get them to mix me up some duck pond green LOL.

It was threatening to rain so we decided to not get into anything else and came inside. It rained for about 1.5 minutes but I was tired and wasn't about to go back out.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2174 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 20, 2014 - 06:18 PM

Much was done today.

This morning before I could even get out of bed my phone rang. A guy wanted to buy my scroll saw. I gave him the address and then staggered off.

frrrrewer.jpeg frrrrewer.jpeg

To my surprise Steph was already outside taking stuff apart. She got up an hour before I did and took Heath out to play. He was already filthy. Good boy.

We finished up the ice machine she was working on in short order. When I got outside she was workign on it in the middle of the yard. Since it was still on the trailer I just started the truck up and drove it into the shade. She looked at me like she had gone stupid. She said she never thought of doing that LOL.

I shot a coat of paint on my locker so it is all one color, Green.

Then spent the day taking apart all the aluminum engines and parts that needed to be cleaned.

A neighbor came over and asked about a mower deck for her tractor. I told her to drive it up so I could see what was wrong with it. Turns out it is almost cracked in half. I had one that is in better shape, but still rough. I told her I would put in on for $40. She had to talk to her husband. While we looked at the deck Heath commandeered her tractor.

The guy who was coming to look at eh saw called and told me he was lost. After I got him pointed the right way we took a look around for more stuff to tear down.

Steph put Heath down for a nap.

As we were down to the last 2 engines, a seized Tecumseh and a Briggs with a hole I could stick my head into, a storm came in quickly. While I tossed the tools in the truck Steph grabbed the scroll saw out of the shop and we barely made it inside ahead of the rain.

About 30 minutes later the guy showed it. He was only 10 minutes from the house when he called. I guess the took the scenic route. I am glad I had the saw inside, because as soon as he walked in it went from a light shower to a sure nuff frog strangler.

He bought the saw then swam back out to his truck and left.

Steph left for the store ( I was out of coffee – the horror) and I sat down for a while.

Heath woke up screaming. I have no idea what kind of dream he had but it wasn't good. It took my 30 minutes and some chocolate chips to calm him down. Then in a chocolate mania he stood looking out the window laughing at the yard for a long time. At least the wasn't crying anymore.

After Steph got home he said a new word – ball. Well “baaa” actually but we know what it means. About two months ago a quack doctor told her to send him to speech therapy because he didn't know 50 words. He just doesn't care to talk much. He would rather take things apart.

• olcowhand, OldBuzzard, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2175 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 20, 2014 - 11:44 PM

After Steph got home he said a new word – ball. Well “baaa” actually but we know what it means. About two months ago a quack doctor told her to send him to speech therapy because he didn't know 50 words. He just doesn't care to talk much. He would rather take things apart.

My #1 son was like that.  He was very late to start talking, but when he did, he started using sentences.

The 'experts' seem the think that all children are the same and any deviation from 'normal' is cause for alarm.

Any parent can tell you that the 'experts' are full of poo, as children do various things like walking, talking, potty training, etc. when THEY are ready for it an not on some 'expert's' schedule.

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks