wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 06:39 PM

Great weekend so far.

Yesterday I didn't do a whole lot besides...

funny-coffee-drink-poop.jpg

I had a guy come over a 9am to look at a 17.5hp briggs engine. He traded me a hand full of money for it. Then I hobbled back in the house and sat. My back was bothering me.

About 300, after Heath went down for his nap, Steph and I went outside to clean up the yard. Things have gotten a wee bit out of hand.

The tire I put a tube in on the Hemorrhoid was flat again. There must be something int eh tire that poked a hole in the tube. So we took the tires off the dud GT5000 that I bought and swapped them over. No more AGs on the front.

Heath came out after he woke up and went nuts for a couple of hours. He went all the way to the bottom of the field and sat in a chair that is down there. I yelled his name and asked if he wanted juice and a cookie. He came running up the hill. That is a long way for little legs.

We came in and did nothing the rest of the day.

At 11pm I heard an engine rev and a thud. I knew what it was. Kids playing mailbox baseball again. I ran out and got in the truck and went after him. Unfortunately I had to back out of the driveway and by then he was taking off. I managed to stay behind him for about 3 miles but then he got into some twisty stuff and a ¾ ton truck doesn’t handle that well. If I had been in Christine I could have got his tag number.

Several people called the cops. They were all over the place when I came home. I have no idea if they found the jerks.

This morning we started all over again.

funny-coffee-quotes.jpg

I took it easy all day until Heath went down for his nap at 130. Then we went outside and got to getting. Steph hopped in Christine to get gas, a can of ether, and a prescription from the pharmacy. I got to mowing. I swear that the C3 is a mowing machine. I got out my phone and looked at the GPS speedo. I was mowing at 9.3 MPH and it cut beautifully. By the time she got back I was done with everything but the back yard.

She hopped on the Hemorrhoid and we had the back yard cut in record time. I kept having to slow down to keep from passing her on each lap. I would just put the rear end in low and let her get almost half way around then put it in high and catch her. So that was fun at least.

She grabbed the can of ether and we started the push mower. It runs perfect but it takes 2 people to start it. One squirt of ether, brake cleaner, or SeaFoam and then instantly pull the rope and it starts first time every time. Other wise you pull the rope till your shoulder falls off.

Everything was cut and then I grabbed the DragonFly parts that have gone thru the E-Tank and the grinder with a wire brush on it and got to cleaning them up. I got all the big parts done and my back said no more.

I was so filthy that I had to wash off 3 times in the shower to find my skin.

And we have a new addition.

chickuy.JPG

• olcowhand, HDWildBill, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#2102 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 07:24 PM

I set out a camera wired to an old VHS recorder after going through 3 mail boxes, Took over 500' of wire to get the camera signal to the recorder, but it was good enough to see the truck model. After dropping the tape off to the local Sheriff office I have not needed to buy a new mail box since. I got all my 2.5 acres cut today, Now watching Nascar in the new shop and waiting on the rain.

Attached Thumbnails

• weather.jpg

• olcowhand and MH81 have said thanks

#2103 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 07:28 PM

I have two 8 foot long 3 inch diameter solid stainless steel shafts that may go up to protect the box. I don't have a camera to put out there.

#2104 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 10:09 PM

I have two 8 foot long 3 inch diameter solid stainless steel shafts that may go up to protect the box. I don't have a camera to put out there.

If you go get a big mailbox and a little one, then slide one inside the other and fill the gap with cement.
Mount the whole thing solid and wait until it happens again.
  • HDWildBill and smokestack76 have said thanks

#2105 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 01:37 AM

Gotta love a booby trap! People who wilfully damage another's property deserve what they get, IMO.

• MH81, WNYTractorTinkerer and panzersarebest have said thanks

#2106 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,666 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 04:12 AM

Gotta love a booby trap! People who wilfully damage another's property deserve what they get, IMO.

If the dumb-a$$es get caught they will know the seriousness of messing with the Federal Mail system..  Some stiff penalties go along with it!  I had only one box get crunched at my house then they either grew up or went to jail..  Now as for the snowplow drivers..  They have a 'whack-a-mailbox' contest every winter!  The dude down the road should soon get the clue to move his back a foot or so..  It always is laying in the snowbank!  I think the Highway Super hits the most from what I hear!  Anyway it's a tough job to be up @ the wee hours of the morning days on end sometimes and the boxes just jump out in front of ya!!   :wallbanging:

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, May 26, 2014 - 04:13 AM.

#2107 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 05:31 PM

Busy day for a holiday.

Last night as I was laying in bed the zombie wart on my left middle finger burst open. I clipped it off with nail clippers. Then I had a gaping hole in the end of my finger that hurt like the dickens. Steph set off in search of neosporin ans band aids. Once I was bandaged up we went to sleep – eventually.

This morning the phone woke me up at some time – I have no ides when...

Then I got busy doing nothing. My back was worn out and Heath and I had a submarine rescue movie to watch.

At 1pm we all loaded up in the BlueOx and headed off to the next door neighbors sons house to get his S10 that committed suicide on the highway.

Once we got home Heath went down for a nap and Steph and I got busy gutting the little truck. It has lots of good parts for Christine. I wrapped my finger up good and tight mostly to keep myself from trying to use it because it hurts to touch anything with it.

We got all the interior and AC parts she needs and a perfect front and rear bumper and a receiver hitch. Not to mention the pile of aluminum we have now.

I called Grady to come see if he could get the windshield out of it because it is in great shape. He is coming over tomorrow morning to see about it.

The chicken count is now up to 7.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#2108 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Yummy! Fried Chicken!

#2109 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 27, 2014 - 11:10 PM

Had a miagrane and spent the day trying to keep my head from exploding

#2110 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,656 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 08:02 AM

Used to have migraines often.  Dropped my coffee consumption by 1/2 or more, and I haven't had one in years now.

#2111 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 12:06 PM

Used to have migraines often.  Dropped my coffee consumption by 1/2 or more, and I haven't had one in years now.

Well........That might help other people, but this is Uncle Willie we are talking about here!  How is he going to function without his coffee??

#2112 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 12:09 PM

I used to have them  constatly with my ex. Since the divorce this is only the second one I have had and guess who I have been dealing with lately.

If I stop drinking coffee some large friends of Juan Valdez will come to have a word with me.

• olcowhand, HDWildBill and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#2113 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,167 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 05:04 PM

I go to bed with a head ache and wake up with the same one

#2114 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 05:29 PM

What's her name?

#2115 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,656 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 05:35 PM

Maybe she thinks the same thing!  :rolling:  :smilewink:  :smilewink:  :smilewink:  :smilewink:  :smilewink:  :smilewink:  :smilewink:   Just kidding ya!