UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 08:31 PM

Big (and little) wheel a rollin' movin' on...

I was up till about 4am this morning. At 1015 Heath escaped from his bedroom where Steph had imprisoned him and then come back to bed.

So

coffeeslap.jpg

While I was making coffee I dawned on me how late it was. I had to get moving. I had to meet a guy at noon. So the thermos got filled and I hit the road. Didn't even have time to check my email or sit and drink a cup.

I have had a Chrysler Lebaron convertible top for sale for a long time and a guy in northen WV wanted it. He paypaled me the money last night and I was delivering it to his Grandparents today.

I got to the Denver Wal-Mart at 1140 so I went across the road and filled Christine up and got a burger at BK. Then back to Walmart to wait. The grandparents showed up at 1200 exactly. They were really nice and super excited that the he was getting the top. They said he loved that car like it was human, and was terribly upset when the top fell in.

After that delivery was made I headed up back roads to Statesville. I had to be at a guys house at 2. I got to Statesville at 1 so I went to my happy place – JR Cigar.

While I was wandering around the humidor I heard one of the employees talking to someone on the phone trying to diagnose a car problem. I wasn't eavesdropping he was talking loud enough to be heard on the International Space Station. He had said that the person was in the parking lot. I told him I would go out and see if I could help. So I paid for my cigars and headed out.

The gal was one of the smoke shop employees who had to be at work at 230, but had taken her daughter to an appointment at a doctor in the same parking lot and her car would not start. The negative terminal was corroded so I cleaned it and jumped it off and she was on her way home. She said I get a free cigar next time I come in.

At 145 I pulled into the parking lot of the house I was going to and got several boxes of vacuum tubes and other old electronics. They will be sold at some time. Then I headed home.

I had to drive past Murray's Mill on the way home.

IMG_20140514_141650_499.jpg

Then I stopped by Grady's shop and asked him if he still wanted to move his sons Jeep today. It had to be today or sometime next week. We decided to do it today. He had to go home and get his wife so we agreed on where to meet.

I called Steph and told her to hook the tow dolly up to the BlueOx and I headed home. I was only here long enough to swap trucks and kiss Steph. Then I was headed right back to the Walmart in Denver.

I got there minutes before Grady did.

Once we got to his sons house I backed the dolly in front of the Wagoneer and hooked up my two come-a-longs to the front of the and got to ratcheting. His son said it looked like I was on a rowing machine. About halfway up he asked if I wanted him to do it. I gladly let him. I went around back and pushed. I heard Grady's wife Mary saying “that boy is an ox he is lifting the whole back of the Jeep.”

Once it was loaded I headed out.

IMG_20140514_173625_376.jpg

I had to stop once for gas and I gave the straps a check. Then I headed for Grady's shop. Mary had a doctors appointment so they went on their way.

I got the Wagoneer dumped in front of his shop and hooked up his Exploder and drug it home.

IMG_20140514_181124_594.jpg

IMG_20140514_181349_282.jpg

As I was on back roads Steph sent me a text and asked if I would stop and get some meat for dinner. I told her I couldn't because I would have to stop and knock on someones door.

As I was pulling in my driveway I saw my welder behind me I waved him in the drive. After harassing his wife and kids a bit he said he would come up Friday evening to get my stuff welded up.

He pulled out of the drive and Steph took my wallet to go to the store. She had no money. As she was pulling out my yankee neighbor pulled in. We talked a bit and then my plumber neighbor stopped in front of the house. I went out to talk to him and he has a car he wants me to come get for scrap. He left and the yankee (He is from Loongiland) said he had some scrap I could come get anytime.

He was still here when Steph got back from the store. I did find out that he has been buying cheap tractors around here too. I have competition.

I finally dragged my weary carcass in the house 267 miles after I left it.

Steph brought steak for dinner.

Edit: When I saw that green on the Jeep I told Grady that is what I wanted my DragonFly done in.

Edited by UncleWillie, May 14, 2014 - 08:40 PM.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#2072 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 09:49 AM

How in the world did you manage to move the cars around with out your co-pilot (Heath)?  Those pic's just didn't look right! :smilewink:

#2073 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 09:59 AM

IT wasn't easy. With no one to throw a sippy cup at my head I had to work hard at concentrating.

• KennyP, HDWildBill and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#2074 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 11:30 PM

Not much happening today.

Heath woke me up at about 10. Steph was gone to class...

benefits.jpg

Then we watched it rain.

At 1 he went down for a nap.

Heath got up at 430.

I answered and ad on CL about a tractor. He said he sold it already, but his neighbor had one for sale. I called the neighbor and then headed over.

I had to unhook Grady's Exploder from the Ox and hook up the trailer. Of course it poured the whole time I did that and then stopped raining as soon as I got back in the truck.

We got to the guys house and he came out with an oxygen tank smoking a cigarette. He said he had to ride over to his mothers. I told him no death sticks in the truck with Heath.

I bought the tractor. I poured rain while I loaded it. It is a Yard Machine. Needs some work but should be an easy flip.

IMG_20140515_184512_483.jpg

Took back roads home because the interstate was packing up.

Go home with no problems.

We checked out the yard a bit

IMG_20140515_190712_576.jpg

IMG_20140515_190717_331.jpg

IMG_20140515_190720_278.jpg

then came inside for dinner.

IMG_20140515_191605_671.jpg

IMG_20140515_191609_355.jpg

IMG_20140515_191601_826.jpg

I had eggs. Heath had 2 corndogs. I think he was hungry.

I finally got Heath to say please. He was incredibly stubborn about it, but he was crying and drooling wanting the candy I had on my desk when he finally gave in. It wasn't that he couldn't say it, he wouldn't.

Steph got home. Heath went to bed. I am watching movies. I have no idea what Steph is doing.

• Craig. said thank you

#2075 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 12:12 AM

Willie, I've been there and done that with our youngest, she actually fell asleep in her high chair instead of eating little green peas, which was her favorite vegetable. She won that battle, but her and her momma won the war..

• Craig. said thank you

#2076 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 04:46 PM

Didn't get quite everything done...

I have no idea what time I went to sleep last night, but it was early this morning. At 1015 I woke up...

kcdc.jpg

Then I checked all my ads and found this deal for someone...

http://macon.craigsl...4467418606.html

3500ad.JPG

Then I was getting ready to go to the Sears outlet that is closing to get some tractor stuff when my phone rang. My welder was on his way up. So plans changed.

We all went outside and moved a couple of things around and then he arrived and got to welding.

IMG_20140516_131107_857.jpg

When he was done we hitched the Ox up to the trailer. I hopped in Christine with Heath to go to the Yankees from Longuylan , Brian and Kathy's house. They had a pile of steel.

I was going to have him scoop it up with his big Massey Ferguson and toss it on the trailer, but he said there was a lot of non ferrous stuff in there. So I decided to wait on going to Sears.

Steph came up in the Ox and pulled up beside the pile and I backed Christine up to the pile.

They have twin boys who are three so they and Heath had a ball running around.

At some point they all decided to strip and run around naked.

IMG_20140516_153115_954.jpg

Once we were loaded up Steph and Heath went home and I took Christine to Sears.

I had the numbers off the tractor and found the right spark plugs. They are completely different from what is in it. I think it has weedeater plugs in it. That might be the whole problem.

They didn't have the right oil filter so I went by O'rielly's and snagged one.

Then I ran to Bi-lo for the three B's: butter, bacon, and beer.

It was all sunny and bright till I almost got home and then a monsoon hit. It didn't last long, but it dumped a ton of rain.

During the monsoon I tried to use my computer, but the mouse would not work. I took it apart and found enough cat hair in it to make a real mouse. Works great now.

I might go out later and try to tune that Craftsman up. And then again, I may not.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2077 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 06:59 PM

Need more caffeine

This morning at 7am my eyes popped open after 4 hours of sleep. I have no idea why. I tried my best to go back to sleep but it wasn't happening.

Finally at about 830 I got up and we all got started.

saturday.jpg

There were a couple of pieces of brass that needed to be cleaned off and then the load of misc steel needed to be strapped down. Once that was all done we headed off to the scrap yard.

There is only one around here that is open on Saturday. It took them almost 2 ½ hours to get us through there. We had 1100 pounds of steel that the neighbor pulled out of his driveway. Fortunately they had a grapple to unload it or it would have taken even  longer. It took 4 people an hour and a half to load it up.

Then we headed home. We had to air up one tire on Christine then we loaded up all the aluminum on her. I realized that we left about 30 pounds of white brass on the pickup. Oh well I will get it later.

Once I was all loaded up I headed over to the smelter.

When I got there he had a problem. Usually we melt the aluminum down and he pays me based on the weight of the ingots. However he was out of propane. So he gave me some cash and we tossed the load in a pile and if he owes me any more after he melts it down he will pay me then.

I came home and sat for a bit to rest my back then I took the BlueOx down to my neighbor Ernie house to see if he was still wanting to scrap a car. He did so I ran back to the house to get Steph and a chain. Heath was in bed. We went back and hooked up and left. I was pulling the little Altima and I drove as fast as I could down the driveway and onto the road. Steph said she was going to kill me when we got home. Don't worry too much the drive is curvy and although it is about a half mile long I couldn't get too much speed built up. And the car had brakes. They were smoking pretty good by the time we got to the house.

After that I was done. My back is killing me.

Steph made stir fry for dinner. Now she is making a pumpkin pie.

#2078 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 07:47 PM

Interesting day.

I managed to get a descent amount of sleep last night...

0511-0803-2716-1629_Cartoon_Coffee_Mess_clipart_image.jpg

Then we did a lot of nothing. As I was goofing of online I found that Amazon Prime has the new Star Trek movie on. So we hooked Steph's laptop up to the TV in the office and started to watch it.

We had all kinds of problems with the internet getting started, but we finally got it to work. About halfway through it was time for Heath to take a nap and he was getting wild so we paused it and he went down.

Steph and I went out to disembowel the Maxima. It was horrible. I realy hate foreign cars because they are so hard to work on. It took 2 1/2 hours to get the first head off. It only took us an hour to get the second one off. Finally we had the aluminum off the engine and ab out that time Reid showed up. We were so busy on the car we didn't even hear him pull in. The dogs didn't even bark.

He looked around and found some more stuff he had to take with him. We knelt down in a dirt patch and sketched out the plans for the mobile crane. He is scrounging up parts for it.

Steph came in and got Heath up then brought him outside. He came out wearing only a diaper and his rubber boots. He was into everything.

Reid helped us get the Maxima up on the tow dolly and then he headed home.

After everything was cleaned up outside I told Heath it was time to go in and he ran to the door.

We scraped off a layer of grease then Steph made dinner. Chicken and cheesy mashed potatoes.

I am beat. She is beat. Heath is a juggernaut. We are watching the last half of the movie 5 hours later.

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#2079 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 07:07 PM

My body is rebelling.

After a fitful painful night I was finally stirred out of bed at 10 by Heath. He went to bed late and obviously slept very well.

Rottenecards_6394954_cnhnp2pxqf.png

In a short matter of time he managed to get into the Nestle’s Chocolate powder, the refrigerator, and a box of q-tips. While he was running wild I was having problems moving. Lots of pain in my hands, right elbow, back and shoulders.

At 2pm I finally had to get up and go.

We waddled out to the BlueOx and headed off to the scrap yard. On the way out the door I found a note on the door latch from someone needing a push mower handle. I stuck it in my wallet and headed out.

At the scrap yard I found out that I should have gone to the same place I went Saturday, they were paying 50¢ more per 100 pounds. Oh well I didn't feel like going that far anyway.

After stopping by the check cashing place we headed home. It was almost 4pm so heath went to bed. I staggered back to my chair with a cup of coffee.

More Tylenol and I was starting to feel almost moveable again when Steph came home.

Something she said reminded me of the note on the door so I called the number. It is a woman who lives down the street. I actually met her the week before I bought this place. We were both here at the same time wanting to buy it. I beat her by a few minutes.

I asked her if she could bring the mower up here and she said she had no way to do it. I told her that Steph would come get her and the mower.

I got a handle off of one mower and did some bending on it and got it to fit hers. I have no idea if she paid anything or not. I told her to talk to Steph about it and I went inside.

Steph got home from dropping her off and left for the store.

Supper was pork roast and cheesy noodles.

I think I may be in bed very early tonight.

#2080 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 07:32 PM

I slept awful last night myself.  Both legs ached, and my shoulder as well.  Took 2 hours to get to sleep, so just got 5hrs of shuteye and had a full 12 hours farm work, and 2 more in the garden.  

• Craig. said thank you

#2081 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 20, 2014 - 07:25 PM

Not sure how to title today.

Last night I was so tired I was in bed at 845! I slept fitfully off and on until Heath woke me up at 930am. Before I could even get out of bed my ex wife was calling. Quite possibly the worst way ever to wake up.

It seems that Jared and his Uncle (he has been staying with her Sisters family) had a problem that the Uncle decided to try to settle with his fists. I am not sure of all the details, but the police were called and Jared was taken to the ER. He was not seriously hurt, but that doesn't make me any happier. The uncle works for the TSA. Small wonder - a prick who does airport security.

After an hour of that...

chickencoffeemuse.jpg

Since his mother is not equipped to handle any thing that goes wrong I had to get her to call the police and then we had to get things worked out to get Jared to NC. Since I couldn't get a straight answer out of her and I had no way to contact him it was very frustrating.

After a long process of trying to get her credit card information (anyone wanna buy a new tractor?) I got him a ticket. After that we managed to find someone to take him to the airport He leaves Utah at 130pm, has a lay over in TX at 730PM, and He will be here at around 930 PM tomorrow night. IF any of you are in the Dallas airport tomorrow and see a 6'7” teenager say hello.

After all that his mother kept asking me if I would pick him up at the airport. I guess she thought I was going to just leave him there after all that.

During all this garbage Heath got very sleepy and I had to put him down for his nap. It made it a little easier to concentrate on the mess.

I had about an hour to myself then he woke up. After he had some jello and some juice he came in the office wearing his rubber boots and saying, “outside”. So we went outside. He ran around while swapped out some parts in the Etank and pressure washed some others.

After a couple of hours we came in. He grabbed his jello bowl and brought it to me. Knowing the kid cannot live on Jello alone I hunted through the fridge. I found leftover pork roast and macaroni from last night. He ate a big plateful then got up on the counter and found the jello bowl again. Kid is nothing if not persistent.

Now he is full and I get to sit down a bit. I think working all day is less tiresome than family problems.

It is a good thing Utah is so far away. And that I cannot afford to hire out a beating.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2082 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 20, 2014 - 08:18 PM

I hope things get better with Jared once he's back to your place.  It seemed he did fine when he was with you.  And yes, family issues are the most draining of all.   

• Craig. said thank you

#2083 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted May 20, 2014 - 08:59 PM

I've been down that road with my son.  A word of advice, now that he is coming back to NC get custody and do not let him bounce between Utah and NC.  When my son came down the first time I never went after custody and so he would bounce back and forth when things got tough where he was. 

• Craig. said thank you

#2084 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 20, 2014 - 09:18 PM

he will not be going back to Utah. Shortly after he went back to his mothers in Az I got a call from her that he would not listen to her. What happened was I taught him to think for himself a bit and she didn't like it. She shipped him to UT instead of here as a screw you to me. In NC he is old enough to do what he wants legally. At 14 he can choose who he lives with here. At 16 there isn't much he can be forced to do.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2085 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 06:50 PM

OhhhI wanna go back to bed...

2010-12-04-coffeedrinkers.gif

After a whole 6 hours of sleep.

Then I got busy avoiding any work. I am still hurting.

It is a good thing I had nothing planned because Jared called and needed the flight information and could not reach his mom. He is somewhere in the air between here and Texas right now.

At around 6pm I wandered outside and pulled the DragonFly's fender pan out of the Etank.

IMG_20140521_180857_840.jpg

IMG_20140521_180930_231.jpg

When I hooked up the pressure washer it could not keep a prime on the pump. So I hooked up a 100 gallon tank to it and filled the tank up with water and left the hose in it. Problem solved.

IMG_20140521_182714_599.jpg

IMG_20140521_182724_954.jpg

Heath came out and got busy with some yard work.

Resampled952014-05-219518-42-0595386_1.jpg

Then we all came in and had chicken and rice for dinner.

At 11pm I get to drive to Charlotte to pick Jared up. Not looking forward to that.