• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 04:20 PM

Ain't it cute! If it does work, you may have a hard time getting to use it! Heath will be all over with that!

#2057 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,227 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 05:55 PM

Pretty neat. It doesn't look like a tractor in a traditional sense....

#2058 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,634 Thanks
  • 1,732 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 06:08 PM

A neighbor lady used to have one.  Told her many times I would be interested in it.  Came home one day just in time to see it being hauled away. 

I USED to like that woman!

Willie.  Good luck with it for whatever you have in mind for it.   :thumbs:   Rick

#2059 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:39 PM

Not a bad day.

This morning Heath woke up at 7am. Steph said no way and gave him some juice and something to eat and then put the baby gate up and locked him in his room and came back to bed. At around 900 I woke up and was laying in the bed when I heard little feet come beating down the hallway and up into the bed with us. He had gotten the gate down. Little monster.

So since I was up anyway. ..

coffee_monster2.jpg

The phone rang and it was the woman with the mystery mower. She was making sure I was still coming.

So after a leisurely morning I hit the yard at 1130 and, with the trailer in tow, Christine and I headed to Asheville.

One stop at the cigar store and I was off. Although my GPS had other ideas. Since I didn't know where this woman lived I was following the GPS. It took me off the interstate, down a bunch of back roads, and into the town of Union Mills. I knew something was wrong when I saw the old chip mill I used to do security at. It is no where near Asheville. So I plotted a course back to I40 and got there an hour late. It only took me about 60 miles out of my way. Pretty country though.

When I got there this tiny little woman came out and I opened the garage and there set the Zeeter. It is a cute little bugger. We did some haggling and I loaded it and a 4 bin locker cabinet on the trailer and headed home.

About 20 miles in a brand new Ford pickup came down an on ramp towing an enclosed trailer. When I passed him it sounded horrible. I chalked it up to its being a Ford and kept on going. About 5 minutes later he passed me doing about 80 MPH. It sounded like the back of the truck was going to fall off. When he got next to me I could see that one of the safety chains had come off and was flopping around and beating on the bottom of the trailer. IT was a horrible din.

So I shifted Christine into third and summoned all 2.8L of anger and got back up next to him and we had an 80 MPH conversation by screaming out the windows. He immediately pulled over.

About 15 minutes later I saw him in my rear view. He must have been in a hurry to get somewhere. Maybe he wanted to get there before the Furd broke down.

I stopped at Lowe's for 2 cans of paint for the 05 Craftsman. When I came back out Christine started and promptly sputtered and died when I tried to drive away. Of course it waited till I had the parking lot blocked. . I pushed it back into the spot and turned the key again. IT started right up. That truck is possessed.

I finally got home. Steph and Heath were across the street at Jenni and Grahams. I wandered over.

Steph had decided to mow their yard and ran the Hemorrhoid out of gas. Graham had about a half gallon and poured it in. I drove it back to the house with Heath on my lap.

Then the little Zeeter came off the trailer and the Hemorrhoid pulled it around back with Heath sitting on the seat. He thought it was great. Once it was in the shade I drained out the coffee colored fuel and hoped for the best. I was relieved to find the fuel shutoff was in the off position. I imagine the old man ran it dry for the winter storage.

I didn't feel like pulling the rope a million times so Steph snagged the battery out of the Buzzard and brought it over. Of course it was dead. So the Hemorrhoid and a pair of jumper cables and the little 8hp Briggs spun over freely. I poured a bit of fuel in the carb and she barked to life. And promptly died.

Another snort of fuel and she fired up and ran great. I learned in a hurry I am way to big for the thing. I can go forward great, but I cannot pull the handles back to reverse. So I got off and put Steph on it. She had a ball.

And, yes, Heath loves it. We had to pry him off of it to bring him in.

IMG_20140511_180935_624.jpg

IMG_20140511_180931_661.jpg

While he and Steph went in to start dinner I sanded down the hood to the Craftsman and shot it black where the genius PO had sat on it and messed up the paint. I put it on real thick so it ran so I could sand it back down and hide some dimples. Not the right way to fix it but it works.

Finally I dragged my sweaty carcass inside and we called my mom for mothers day. After a hour of talking about nothing diner was ready and I had to go. I was starving. All I had had all day is coffee and cigars – not real filling.

Baked Chicken and macaroini is far better.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140511_180935_624.jpg
  • IMG_20140511_180931_661.jpg
  • coffee_monster2.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2060 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 08:32 PM

Three steps for forward...

This morning Heath woke up at 8.

chicoffee.jpg

Then we spent our morning watching videos and changing diapers. I swear that kid drank 55 gallon drum of something.

At noon he was standing next to me about to fall asleep while we watched a racing video. At 1230 I put him in bed and then I went outside to sweat. It was 90 today.

First I did some sanding on the Craftsman hood. After some work I knew it wasn't going to get any better. I called Steph and asked her to pick up some high fill primer on her way home.

Then I got to cleaning up the Zeeter. It cleaned up pretty good.

When I tried to start it I got nothing for my trouble, but a sore arm. I pulled and pulled that rope to no avail. So I pushed it over to the BlueOx and hooked up the jumper cables.

Yesterday we started it by hooking the positive jumper cable lead straight to the starter. When I tried turning the key it did nothing. I came in to try and find a wiring diagram for it and all I could find was a black and white drawing with only one wire color marked. And that was the factory manual. So that was no help.

While I was looking online Steph got home. We went out to work some more.

I grabbed the can of primer and shot the hood of the Craftsman and then walked to the Zeeter. When I looked back the primer looked like the Sahara desert. It had huge gaps in it. All I can figure is that it did not like the el cheapo black paint I shot on it yesterday even though it had almost 24 hours drying time.

Back on the Zeeter I soon found that the deck safety was out of adjustment. After some fiddling it turned over on its own, but would not start. After putting in a new plug and checking all the wiring we pulled the engine cover off. I found one rats nest and a rusty flywheel. I held a piece of sandpaper to the flywheel while Steph cranked it over. After 3 revolutions it fired up. Amazing what rust will do.

Then we gave it a good test drive and I shot a video of it.

I came in to upload the video while Steph ran to Wal-Mart to get some acetone to try to get the paint off the hood.

When she got home and got out of the truck we heard a crash in Heath's bedroom. He was awake. I have no idea what he threw.

The acetone was making a huge mess and was not very effective. I got a razor scraper out and scrapped the gloppy mess off as best I could then I got the wire brush on the angle grinder out and went to work on it.

After covering myself in goopy paint I cleaned, sanded, cleaned, masked and shot it with the primer again. I will need another can of primer before it looks right but it looks far better now.

At around 8 I finally came in and got it the shower. I was covered in paint, mud, and grease. I had to clean the tub before I got out.

Dinner was chicken.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#2061 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 09:02 PM

Willie, The little mower seems to do a good job and Steph look like she is really having a ball.

#2062 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 09:11 PM

I found when painting with rattle cans, make sure it is not humid, the paint will bubble and look like wrinkled skin.

#2063 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 09:53 PM

Willie, The little mower seems to do a good job and Steph look like she is really having a ball.

To be honest, Steph was mad at me for calling her outside. That is why she didn't get much face time LOL. I could not work the controls and hold the camera at the same time.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#2064 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 05:32 AM

Glad the Zeeter is working for you.

#2065 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 07:18 AM

To be honest, Steph was mad at me for calling her outside. That is why she didn't get much face time LOL. I could not work the controls and hold the camera at the same time.

I thought she looked just a bit peeved!  :rolling:

• HDWildBill said thank you

#2066 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 09:55 AM

I thought she looked just a bit peeved!  :rolling:

I did too!  Willie, hope you have the dog house all fixed up.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2067 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 11:18 AM

I did too!  Willie, hope you have the dog house all fixed up.

Bet he'll be sleeping with "The Buzzard"!

• Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#2068 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 01:33 PM

At least he isn't getting used for buzzard bait!

• Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#2069 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 04:07 PM

At least he isn't getting used for buzzard bait!

Not yet! But he keeps treating Steph like that and who knows????

• DougT, KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#2070 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 13, 2014 - 07:35 PM

Nice an warm again today.

This morning Heath woke me up at 830.

confused.jpg

Then I answered a million emails and phone calls about the Zeeter. Finally a guy said he wanted it and would buy if I met him in MCcadenville. I told him I would meet him at noon at Hardee's.

At around 1045 Heath and I headed out to get loaded up and leave. I pulled the truck up into the shade next to the Zeeter and then strapped Heath in his seat to keep him from running off. After jump starting the little thing I drove it up on the trailer where it promptly died. I was a bit confused till I remembered I had Steph shut the fuel off last night.

We headed down the road and made it about a mile when I heard a horrible noise. It was a very unhappy cat. He has stowed away in the truck while I had the doors open so Heath wouldn't get hot.

So I took him home. My neighbor was dying laughing when I pulled up in front of the house, rolled down my window, and dumped him on the road.

About halfway to the meeting I realized I had forgotten my wallet. The truck was on empty. I drove slowly to Hardee's. I still beat him there.

When eh showed up he had a new battery that we put in. The little thing fired right up and purred. He drove it all over the parking lot then loaded it up on his trailer and gave me a hand full of cash. Good thing too because I would not have made it home.

Fortunately next door was a gas station. We got gas, chocolate milk, sprite, and beef jerky.

We stopped at Lowe's for another can of paint and something else – I don't remember what. Then we headed home.

I had to keep Heath awake the last few miles. He went straight to bed when we got home.

I went out and shot the hood with paint. It still looks like crap, but it looks like a better grade of crap. Then I sharpened the blades ( I think someone mowed a rock quarry with it) on the deck and painted it. IT looks like shiny crap now. I think this thing sat in salt water for a year of so. IF I had any plans to keep it I would have to find a deck for it. It works, but it may disintegrate if someone hits a big rock.

Steph got home while I was cleaning the paint off the headlights where the genuis PO painted them with the hood. Then I had to clean the swirls off where the acetone etched them.

Halfway through

IMG_20140513_154519_440.jpg

Heath woke up about 430 or so and he came outside to run wild.

Steph helped me get the deck under the Craftsman. Once that was done I jumped it off with the Hemorrhoid. Since I didn't know if it had brakes or not we hooked it to the Hemorrhoid to keep it from going down the ramps off the pallets at 100MPH. It was a good thing too because the deck got hung on the ramps and I was stuck up there. Steph had to pull me back up the ramps.

We finally got it off and as soon as it got level it started to run like crap. (I guess there is a theme here.) So I said screw it and shut it off.

The dogs pool and the ducks pool both needed cleaning and refilling.

I came in and found a guy wanted to buy the Chrysler Lebaron convertible top I have had listed on CL for about 8 months. He is in PA. However his grandfather lives about 8 miles from me. He sent me Paypal funds and I will deliver the top to his grandfather tomorrow at noon.

Steph and I were in the office talking when Heath came in with a can of chicken noodle soup. He sat it up on my desk and just looked at it. She asked me if I wanted soup for dinner and I told her to soup and sandwiches sounded good. I had tomato soup and grilled cheese.

So I have sweated plenty. Tomorrow I get to drive all over the place again.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks