• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 04:59 PM

I wanna go back to bed.

I woke up at 930 still tired...

COFFEE-WAR-II.jpg

Then we loafed around a bit. At 11 we all loaded up in the BlueOx to take the trailer full of scrap to the scrap yard. We pulled out of the driveway and I noticed a flat on the trailer. So back to the back yard for some air.

Then we got to the scrap yard.

There was an old guy unloading when we got there and it appeared it was going to take him 3 months to do so. I got out and helped him.

When he left and I started to back up on the big steel plates that you unload on some genius came roaring back beside me and tried to cut me off. I kept on backing up so that he had to pull forward and then pull off in the scrap pile to back up. I hope he got a flat for being a jerk.

One we had our money we headed off to the BBI to see about bearings. They had a bearing and had a seal that was close. HE said that the number for the seal was on the missing piece of rubber. For a whopping $12 including 3 drinks and a bag of chips we left.

I decided to try the other bearing shop down in Gastonia. They didn't have anything and he told me that the KYK bearing I had was far inferior to the FAFNIR that came out of it. I thought these things over on the way home.

We stopped by the day old bread store on the way home. When I pulled all 50 feet of truck and trailer in the parking lot an old man came barreling backwards around a corner in a Chevy Impala. Since the trailer was still out in the highway I couldn't go anywhere. He kept coming back despite my laying on the horn. Then he kept pointing backwards to tell me to back up. I don't think the car that was behind my trailer would have liked that too much. Finally the woman in the car convinced him to pull into a parking spot and out of the way. So he pulled halfway in and was still blocking half the drive. I wound up driving over the curb to get around him. He left it like that and went in.

Once we got home Heath went to bed. Steph started taking the doors off the Fridge I got her yesterday. I went and swapped parts in my Etank then put the steering bushings in the 05 Craftsman.

Once Steph had the doors off she went in and moved the old fridge and then we carted the new one in. As she was switching everything from old to new it started to look rather nasty outside so we ran out and pulled the stove in. Just in time too. It started to rain 5 minutes later.

After it stopped I went out to the mailbox and got the other (wrong) seal for the FF and the fuel tank bushing for the Craftsman.

She was determined to swap everything over herself so I came in the office and got to doing some research on the bearings.

Here is the collection I have now. The original one is in the middle.

IMG_20140509_161955_480.jpg

IMG_20140509_162129_939.jpg

As I sat here I remembered the errant piece of rubber I pulled out of the pump. I went out and got it, sure enough the seal number was on it. I put on my reading glasses and wrote the number down. I couldnt find anything so I called Steph's 25 year old eyeballs in the room. I wrote down NGK ABG898E. She saw NOK AB898E. It was a direct hit. http://mibearings.com had them in stock. So I ordered one and got a good Timkin bearing (FAFNIR 204PP4)f or a total of $50. Cheap enough if they last as long as the others did.

Then Graham came over and helped me get the old stove and fridge out of the house and into the shop. We just made it back inside when it started to pour again.

I am waiting on a phone call to go to Charlote and get a disassembled JD 300. He said he may be off work late. Actually in Charlotte later is better because of traffic.

• olcowhand, KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#2042 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 06:17 PM

Willie, you must have bought their last one.  I went there & put the numbers in & came up with nothing.  Glad you found the parts, and yes, the Fafnir is a FAR better bearing!

#2043 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 07:50 PM

Well I am glad I got it then. There are a couple of bearings on Ebay but I have not seen any but that one seal. If I could not have found the right one I was going to do down to Reid's shop and see if he could make me a spacer that would bring it out to the right spec,

#2044 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 11:38 AM

Willie, you must have bought their last one.  I went there & put the numbers in & came up with nothing.  Glad you found the parts, and yes, the Fafnir is a FAR better bearing!

I found them

http://mibearings.co...0#axzz31FjFyqoh

• olcowhand said thank you

#2045 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 08:14 PM

Much was done in a short time.

This morning I woke up at around 930.

coffeeexcavator.jpg

Then I tried to get things done. Only problems was that everyone changed their mind on me. So I didn't do a whole lot, but watch TV till Heath went to bed. I needed the break.

Then Steph and I wandered out into the yard to see if we could resurrect the 05 Craftsman. Almost as soon as we got outside it clouded up. SO we strung the big tarp up and kept working. It drizzled for a while.

I was getting the fuel lines changed out while Steph did some body work on the hood. It had a big dent where some genius put his fat butt. She did a really good job with it. I may let her work on my truck next.

Then it started to pour. The tarp was not helping. We swam back in the house and waited it out.

Around 5 it let up and I went out. She was fixing supper.

After lots of playing around with it I couldn't get it to turn over. Since the Hemorrhoid is almost identical I pulled the PTO swith and ignition switch off if it to eliminate that. NO change.

I came in to find a wiring diagram for the Kholer and Steph had dinner ready so I ate a pork chop and some noodles.

After I went back out I chased all the wiring down and everything seemed right. I changed out a relay and it would start while being bottle fed directly in the carb, but not on the fuel tank.

I pulled the anti-fire valve off and it was stuck. After cleaning it up I hooked it straight to the battery and it worked. SO it went back in.

After squirting more gas in the carb I hooked by bottle up to the fuel line and it started up and ran. It smoked like a house on fire because it had a 50/50 mix of gas and seafoam. After it ran that little bottle empty I hooked the fuel tank back up and it started.

Steph and Heath came out and she helped get the tools picked up.

Once the tools were up I pulled the pressure washer over and blasted off several years of neglect. Once that was done I cleaned up the little Murray that I was going to work on if it had not rained.

We just came in the house. Heath is filthy, maybe I should have pressure washed him too, LOL

Tomorrow is mothers day, don't forget to call your mommy.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2046 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 08:30 PM

Sounds like a good day, did you go get that 300 picked up? When will the right seal be in?

#2047 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 10:36 PM

Never heard back from the guy with the 300. Seal Will be in when it gets in.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2048 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 11:17 PM

Are you still going after that mystery GT tomorrow?

#2049 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 11:47 PM

I hope to.

#2050 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 02:35 PM

Here it is

Attached Thumbnails

• tmp_IMG_20140511_153112_1421828595474.jpg

#2051 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 02:36 PM

Tiny thing

#2052 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 02:39 PM

I don't think anyone got it.  Any more pic's?

#2053 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 02:45 PM

A Dixon zero turn 30" mower with 10HP B&S engine. Does it run? Those used to be good zero turn mower back in the day Willie.

• KennyP said thank you

#2054 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 03:19 PM

Tiny

Attached Thumbnails