4314 replies to this topic

#1981 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 09:17 PM

Heath looks like he is starting to pull his weight! 

I can't wait till my son is old enough.  He is going to be taking over my chores.

#1982 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,872 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 27, 2014 - 11:06 PM

Hang on to that thought! Been there, thought that, still happily doing my own chores.
  • MH81, HowardsMF155, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#1983 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 03:36 PM

I can't wait till my son is old enough.  He is going to be taking over my chores.

I've got a 15 Y.O. who is signing up for drivers ed.  Claims he wants to drive, but I can't get him to drive the tractor to cut the yard.  And frankly, since I enjoy it, I'm not pushing.

However, a reckoning may come when he wants to drive "big people" cars. 

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1984 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 10:18 PM

My hands were hurting so I didn't do much at all today.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#1985 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 11:09 PM

Changes in the weather get you too?

Oh, and I edited in a Coffee pic, can't break with tradition
  • HowardsMF155 and UncleWillie have said thanks

#1986 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 10:37 AM

Changes in the weather get you too?

Oh, and I edited in a Coffee pic, can't break with tradition

LOL. I have arthritis in both my thumbs and this weekend got the best of me. Went to the doc about it and everything they can give me for it I am allergic to (codeine and ibuprofen) so I am just going to have to live with it.

#1987 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 11:07 AM

Arthritis is one mean bugger!  I'm glad I can take Ibuprofin for sure!  Anything with codeine in it makes me sick in my stomach.  I'd rather deal with the pain.  My hands have been hurting more than usual the last several days, but not like yours must be.  Hope it gets better, as I know how it feels.

Have a big cup of coffee, then take a nap!

coffee.jpg

• Craig. said thank you

#1988 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 05:32 PM

That old highway goes on forever...

This morning at the crack of early we all got up...

falling-cup-coffee-spilled.jpg

Steph tossed all the steel wheels on Christine and rounded up all the aluminum cans while I tried to get my hands to respond to the Tylenol.

After she had them loaded I hopped in Christine headed down to the scrap yard. Then I came back home and we got in the BlueOx and headed down to Gaffney to get a stove from a Chinese restaurant. We got there at about 10:30.

What the gal at the restaurant didn't tell me was that it was still installed. They were moving to a different location and had a new one. Since I wasn't planning on uninstalling it I didn't bring all my tools. I sent Steph off to find a hardware store and get a hacksaw and a good straight screwdriver while I tried to scrape 25 years of accumulated gunk off the bolts.

When she got back we cut the pipes off the stove and got it pulled out from the wall. I still couldn't get the screws out of the thing. One of the owners had a long cold chisel and I managed to break all the bolts I needed to.

Once we had it laid over on the dollys and had the legs off we pushed it as far as we could in the building and then had to wait to get it outside till the other guy finished his stuff. He was trying to get a piece of fence up from behind the back door. It wasn't coming. I got out the old faithful bumper jack and a small strap and pulled it out. Then he went inside and started talking to the owners. I had a doc appointment at 2:40 so I needed to get moving. I went and got him and he moved his truck..

After Steph backed the OX all the way up to the back door, I hooked a tow strap to the stove and we carefully pulled it up the ramp and into the parking lot. Then we used the floor jack to lift it up high enough to get the trailer backed under it. Once we had it loaded he had to run. It was 115.

We made one stop at the FlyingJ for cheap(er) gas and then burned up the road to the house.

I ran inside and took a super fast shower to remove the 25 year old Chinese grease off of me and then got on the road to the doc. I walked in the door at 1:39.

The doc looked at the thing on my head and agreed that it needed to be cut off. She sliced it away and I headed back home. She is sending it in to the lab to get it checked.

Once I got back home I found that Steph was busy taking the nasty stove apart. She had a good bit of stuff off but had not found a lot of the copper and brass that was hiding under the gunk. I got my clothes changed and got to helping her.

Once we had that done She put Christine up on the ramps and I bled the clutch. Somehow when we put the new clutch in we didn't get the lid back on the master cylinder. Over time it lost fluid.

Finally we came in. All the tools we used on the stove went in the dishwasher. They were all covered in gunk and sticky. Steph protested till I reminded her that the easiest way to clean the dishwasher was to just turn it on and let it run.

I have no idea what is for supper.

Maybe I will get more than 4 hours of sleep tonight.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1989 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 05:50 PM

All that talk about the Chinese Eatery is making me hungry!  Supper is cooking now and my belly is eating itself!    And where was Heath during all this mayhem?  Oh......my supper's almost ready.....gotta go!

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#1990 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 05:51 PM

All that talk about the Chinese Eatery is making me hungry!  Supper is cooking now and my belly is eating itself!    And where was Heath during all this mayhem?  Oh......my supper's almost ready.....gotta go!

Don't get between a Man and his meal! :rolling:

#1991 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 06:02 PM

Heath was wreaking havoc on the interior of the BlueOX. I swear that kid found things to play with that I have never seen before.

#1992 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 08:40 AM

I came home at 8:45 last night, the 16 YO was pushing the front yard, it was almost dark, but he got it done. He is actually liking cutting grass, especially those houses that pays him :thumbs:

He gets to do the next door neighbors tonight..... hasn't been cut since last fall and it was left high going into the winter. I be some spots are 10-12"s.

I like those hummer Wheels, not much for the BFG tires, but they look good.

#1993 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 09:54 AM

The BFGs are the best all round tire I have found. They wear good, don't make a lot of noise on the road, and have descent off road traction. I have run a lot of different tires and none will do what these will.

#1994 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 11:40 AM

I ran them one time, swore to never buy another set. I hated them. Maybe it was the vehicle they were on, but I didn't like them at all.

I've had good luck with the Toyo open country AT's, there new tread design looks killer for a mild AT.  

#1995 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 01:08 PM

I've always like the BGF tires.  I had a set of them on a 2002 Ford Ranger and a set on a 1995 Jeep Wrangler.  Great tires.  Got excellent life out of them, good in the snow, never really off roaded them any.