As you know..
Then I got started.
Steph put the tires I bought yesterday in the back of the BlueOx while I was getting dressed and then took the Hemorrhoid down the hill with the tiny trailer to get the 5th matching H2 wheel that had a much too big tire on it and brought it up.
After I was dressed and had a thermos full of coffee I headed out – to find that the big tire was still in the tiny trailer. She was no where to be seen so I guess she was hiding and watching to see if I died trying to get it in the back of the truck.. I didn't.
Then I made my way to the tire shop.
Tony was busy putting tires on a Dodge Nitro so I harassed his brother, Tracy, ( and owner of the shop) who was working on his sons race car. They were adjusting the toe in and I got elected to hold one of the tape measures and to help push the car around to check it out.
When Tony got the Dodge out I backed the Ox in. When he saw the tires he immediately started to feign back problems. I told him to suck it up.
It took him a good while to get it done but I was in no hurries and I had a thermos of coffee.
Tracy couldn't get the race car to start. He thought the fuel pump went bad so he ran down to get one. He came back and put it on and it still wouldn't start. As he and his helper (whose name I never have learned) tried to figure out why the pump was running but no fuel was coming out I asked if the fuel shutoff valve was open. They both got silent. The helper moved a lever and a geyser of fuel came out from under the hood. I think we have all been there.
Just as I ran out of coffee Tony got the last tire done and I left.
Back at the house I swapped trucks and left again. This time I headed for Ellenboro to get an electric pressure washer. I will figure the gas powered one out later.
On the way up I sent Steph a text and told her to get everything in the back yard picked up so I could mow.
After I snagged the washer I headed to Autozone to get transmission fluid and a filter for the OX. They didn't have a filter there so I had them put one in Lincolnton on hold and then went up there.
With the filter in hand I headed home. Supper was ready shortly after I got here – Chicken and potatoes. Then I went out to mow.
Steph came out to move the extension cord that was running to the battery charger on the Hemorrhoid since it had decided to not start.
I dumped the last half gallon of gas in the Craftsman III, backed it off the trailer, and started to mow. I didn't get far. As soon as I got to the corner of the chicken pen I saw the extension cord that was running the heat lamp for the ducks. I slammed on the brakes and hit the PTO but ti was too late. I did miss the garden hose though.
She came out and helped me get it untangled and picked up the pieces of the cord.
For some reason the Kholer on the C3 doesn't seem to make enough power. I am wondering if a tuneup will fix that.
I got almost all the back yard mowed when it ran out of fuel. So I went over to the Hemorrhoid, and true to her name, she wouldn't start.
We got the charger back out and put it on boost and when she turned the key the negative terminal arced. I swear I am going to take that thing to the scrap yard one of these days.
So here is the final count on the tractors
C3- out of gas
Hemorrhoid - is being the Hemorrhoid
The Buzzard - leaking hydro fluid
The DragonFly - mower deck is under a workbench
Jared's LT - no brakes and the deck engaging cable is broken.
I am not using the push mower. So I came in. No more mowing today.