Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Adventures Of My New Hat

• Please log in to reply
4302 replies to this topic

#1951 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 09:37 AM

At least you have some good memories of playing with Heath. :thumbs:

#1952 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 09:38 AM

I keep harping that the old laundry machines are going away and the new ones fall just shy of "suck".

Good luck I hope you get someone to buy them soon.

#1953 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Well I was going to take today off...

Steph and Heath woke up before I did. When I got up Heath had already destroyed the living room.

happy.jpg

Then I started surfing all my for sale sites till I found a guy that had a Lowes (MTD) rider and two push mowers for sale. After contacting him I hooked the little trailer up to Christine and headed down to Gaffney to snag them.

On the way there my oldest daughter contacted me and we had a good talk. She wants me to teach her to drive this summer.

I snagged the three machines and headed home.

I was going to stop at the car wash and clean the tractor up, but the way he had the m loaded I would have had to take the push mowers off so I said, “fuggidabouit”, and went on home.

After I had them unloaded I got to thinking I needed a pressure washer that works. So I started looking online for one. I found a guy that wants to trade one of the push mowers I got today for one. So tomorrow I will be headed down to SC to trade him.

Jenni and Graham came over for dinner. We all ate too much.

Now I am back to searching for deals online.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#1954 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 06:03 PM

I am much more tired than I should be.

This morning I staggered to the room with the food stuffs...

Hulk+SAD+.+Hulk+Also+no+like+Ponies_6f1283_3605830.jpg

Then I got online and started doing some searching. I found one woman that had a Craftsman II who had no price listed and a guy who had a Craftsman III for $130. So I contacted them both. The woman didn't get back to me and the guy said come right now – so we did.

We hooked the BlueOx up to the little trailer and headed up to Mooresville. Once stop for gas and another for Arby's and we were en-route.

The woman called and said she wanted $500 for the Craftsman II I resisted the urge to laugh so hard I crashed the truck. I told her it was only worth $150 tops. She got mad. Then I found that she posted she had an offer of $150 and would take $400. Hope she enjoys keeping it.

We got to the house and I looked at the tractor and told him I would take it. I left with a couple of other things too – 2 broken single cyl engines, a pressure washer, and a go cart body that I am going to turn into a toy for Heath.

2014-04-21_16-49-27_558.jpg

2014-04-21_17-16-16_744.jpg 2014-04-21_17-16-34_328.jpg

2014-04-21_17-16-44_742.jpg

2014-04-21_17-17-12_916.jpg

Then we came home.

Heath went down for a nap. Steph and I tried to get the pressure washer running. It needed a rope so I put on on it made from Paracord. It didn't last long. It broke within 10 pulls. I retied it and it broke again. Then got mad and go tout the 1/2 inch drill and a socket. It wouldn't stay running so I pulled the carb off and dropped it in a can of WD-40 since my carb cleaner has managed to run off and hide somewhere.

A guy called and wanted a 16 HP single cyl. I had a 17.5. He seemed interested but hasn't brought me any money yet.

2014-04-21_16-48-32_826.jpg

I finally staggered in. My back in killing me. I am exhausted. Now sure why I am so tired though. Maybe I need stronger coffee.

Oh here is the Lowes a I got yesterday.

2014-04-21_16-49-18_810.jpg

2014-04-21_17-16-57_987.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#1955 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 06:59 PM

Shot a quick video of the Kholer. It sounds rough at idle in the video but it isn't.

• Craig., IamSherwood, CRFarnsworth and 1 other said thanks

#1956 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 10:27 AM

That go-kart body - would it be big enough to work on a modified rear-engine rider?

#1957 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 10:40 AM

I wouldn't hack up the go kart body before doing some research.  Guys kill for those things if they are real vintage.  Worth more than a hacked up toy.

#1958 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 11:02 AM

That go-kart body - would it be big enough to work on a modified rear-engine rider?

Yesah, but the RER axles would have to be widened out somehow.

I wouldn't hack up the go kart body before doing some research.  Guys kill for those things if they are real vintage.  Worth more than a hacked up toy.

UNless I am mistaken terribly that one is a mass produced body for every gokart track in America. If you can find me a buyer who will pay big bucks I will split the cash with you.

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#1959 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 11:31 AM

You might be right.  I was thinking it might be a vintage bird engineering body.  I sent it to a buddy of mine who is big into those.  I'll let you know what he says.

#1960 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 05:02 PM

ARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well today started off dreary and cloudy...

Coffee Mug - Caffeine Attack.jpg

Then I checked my online stuff. I didn't have much to do outside, and since I had to go to Charlotte this afternoon I didn't want to get involved in something and have to stop to leave.

At 12 I saddled up in Christine and headed north. I got to the guys house before he got home and so I sat there in a really bad neighborhood with my pistol in my lap waiting for him.

He had advertised a Lowe's mower in terrible shape on CL for $200. I offered him $50 and he said ok. When he finally got home he showed me a push mower. I said no I emailed you about the rider. He said he had to have at least 150 for it. I laughed and left. Thanks for wasting my time.

SO I headed over to sell my catalytic converters. The store on the corner down from the shop had a big fight going on in front of it. I managed to skirt it and go on.

After I had my handful of money I headed home.

Then Christine tried to kill me.

As I was going up the ramp from Little Rock Rd to I-85 in the rain I got about halfway up and the back end decided it wanted to see what was going on up front and came around to take a look. I thi nk was actually happened was the shock on the passengers side gave out when I hit the bump that went from the concrete surface to the asphalt.

Fortunately, I was faster than Christine was and I managed to fight her as she went into a tank slapper. Interesting enough the guy who was tailgating backed off.

I finally got home with out dying and it stopped raining. So Steph and I went out and started to get the scrap metal loaded up on the little trailer to go off to scrap in the morning.

Once that was done Heath was awake from his nap and Steph let him run outside for a little bit till it started to rain again.

Supper is on now. I have no idea what it is.

• Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1961 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 06:10 PM

Sounds like the same fun I had in my old T100 when the front tire caught the inside edge of the pavement in a turn. Heck of a fight there as the back end was trying to pass me. Glad you got all straightened out. I know when I got my T100 pointed straight down the road and my adrenaline wore off I was driving about 10 mph lol (was going 30 mph previously).
  • UncleWillie said thank you

#1962 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 10:33 PM

Ohhhhhhh I'm driving my life away...

Well this morning I got up and

hissy.jpg

Then I staggered outside into the sunshine and fired Christine up for the ride to the scrap yard. Little did I know that the ramp from 279 to 321 was closed. So I had to go north one exit to go south on 321. Once I finally got unloaded and got my cash I came home.

I had a doc appointment so I got in the shower while Steph got the tools I was going to need stowed in the passenger seat of Christine.

Once I was all clean I headed up to the doc. My usual super cute doc had a baby is is out of leave so I was wondering who I was going to see. I was not disappointed. Probably one of the cutest women I have ever met came in to see what ailed me.

The general consensus was high mileage and arthritis. She gave me a referral for the weird mole we found on my head when I got sheared and I headed off to Hendersonville NC.

It was smooth sailing all the way up. At 4pm when I was just getting into Hendersonville the gal called me and said her husband wanted me to wait till 530 when he got home to come up. So I found a cigar shop and then a Denny's.

I got up to the house and looked at the tractor he had that needed to be fixed. It is a 05 Cr4aftsman LT with a single cyl 21 HP Briggs (model 33000) engine It is acting like the valves are out of adjustment, but they are not. It will turn over fine when there is no spark plug in it, but not when the plug is in. After exhausting my small knowledge of why it is being like my ex-wife we did some talking.

The little Craftsman LT is not cut out for his hilly yard. I told him about the Craftsman III I got a few days ago and he wants to trade me 2 riders and a tiller for it. I will take the C3 up Sunday. Then I will have to figure out what is wrong with the little engine.

Finally I headed home. It was an uneventful drive except for almost running out of gas. I was coming into Shelby and I felt something hit my foot. It was the gas hand. It had fallen completely out of the dash and on the floor (OK not really). Fortunately I was coming up on a station so I stopped and gave her a drink.

Finally home. I am worn out.

Steph presented me with a box from LarryBL with the fan for the FF's hydro in it. I will hunt for a seal when I have a less than negative balance in the bank account at the first of the month.

Edited by UncleWillie, April 23, 2014 - 10:33 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and HowardsMF155 have said thanks

#1963 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 09:42 AM

Compression release failure?

#1964 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,941 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 12:34 PM

Glad to see the package made it.

#1965 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted April 24, 2014 - 07:43 PM

Glad to see the package made it.

Yes Larry I got your package - wait that didn't come out right.

I am tired.

Last night Steph and I were laying in bed watching TV. Next think we knew it was 2am. She went to sleep. I didn't. This morning...

coffee knight.jpg

Then we got right to it. We went outside I tried to get the pressure washer running. No dice so I stopped and Weand got the Craftsman III started up and on the trailer (that was still hooked to Christine) and then loaded all the tires on rims we had stockpiled on there too.

I left Steph some stuff to do while I headed off to the tire shop and the car wash.

After I got unloaded at the tire shop (since Tony was busy I had to unload them all myself) I headed down to the car wash.

Once I got back home we started messing with a project I have been thinking of for a while. It requires building a large electro magnet. My first attempt was unsuccessful.

Then we loaded the washer and dryer up on the truck and I headed off to Charlotte.

After a harrowing drive down Billy Graham parkway I got to 4Wheel Parts on South Blvd and traded the washer and dryer for 5 nearly new tires for the BlueOx. Then I got to repeat the drive back to the interstate.

By the time I hit 85 traffic was starting to pack up so I hit the back roads and soon found myself at Ingles in Dallas. I went in and got beer, milk, chips, and Ding-Dongs (4 food groups, right?) and then headed home.

I was going to try tinkering with the magnet again but my hands are sore and I said enough is enough.

I am tired and filthy and sore.

We had chicken and some kind of rice concoction for dinner. Heath and I snuck in a lot of Pringles when Steph wasn't looking too.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks