UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 10:53 AM

Awesome. I know that some Subarus come with a tiny plastic fan with a center opening on them. I had one somewhere. It is the cooling fan for the AC condenser They aren't much bigger than 7 inches.

#1937 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 05:05 PM

If you can find a heater core that is small enough you might be able to rig up an aux oil cooler for it.

Might be room up under the seat pan somewhere for it. That's what Bolens did with my HDT1000 and the late model HT23s

#1938 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 06:14 PM

If you can find a heater core that is small enough you might be able to rig up an aux oil cooler for it.

Might be room up under the seat pan somewhere for it. That's what Bolens did with my HDT1000 and the late model HT23s

I have a tranny cooler out of the Furd exploder that I could use for that. I may hang on to it. And today it rained. So I got up and got Heath out of bed and we watched it rain...umbrella.jpg He had a bowl of cereal. I changed several diapers. He found a pair of 3d glasses that we got out of a car.3dheath.JPG Then it rained some more and I put him in bed for a nap. About 15 minutes later I heard a crash followed by screaming so I ran to his room. He was about 4 feet away from his bed laying in the floor. He had climbed out on the bookshelf next to his bed and got all the way across it like Spiderman before he fell. No damage though. He stayed in be this time though. Then I got out my old guitar and tried to remember the things I forgot about playing it. I am going to have to go to the doc to see what this thing is finger because it makes it painful to play. Last time it came up I clipped it off with fingernail clippers and she chewed me out for it because she couldn't see what it was from what was left. It came back though. Steph's class was canceled so she is home now. Rain finally quit after it was too late to go to the scrap yard. Oh well.
  • Craig. said thank you

#1939 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 07:20 PM

The FF has a cooler built in!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#1940 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 07:27 PM

The FF has a cooler built in!

Yeah but it could always use a bigger one I am sure.

#1941 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 06:28 PM

Cool here again.

We woke up to about 50 degree weather and …

herc.jpeg

Then we did nothing for a while. We were all three tired and needed some family time. So at around noon we headed out to get the Furd to the crusher.

The wheel on the stupid thing wobbled like mad all the way there, but it stayed on. The one on the opposite side was working loose buy the time we got there. I was glad to dump it off in the mud and drive away from it. Typical Furd – nothing but trouble.

Then we went to Tommy's drive-in for lunch. I had a mushroom Swiss burger and Dr. Pepper, Steph had a Cheeseburger and water, and Heath had a corn dog and OJ. It was a good lunch.

Then we went down to Home Depot and Lowe's to find a couple of things. Then we headed home.

ON the way back I got a call from on on my regular customers that had some stuff. I told him I would get home and swap trucks and come on up.

We got home and dropped the tow dolly and got hooked up to the big trailer that was sitting in the way and moved it. Then we hooked up Christine to the small trailer that still had the Buzzard on it. About that time my neighbor, Dan, showed up to look around. He asked if I had a tiller for sale. I did. He bought 2 of them.

Just as he was looking at the second one JacobD showed up to return my rims.

Steph and I used the Hemorrhoid to get the Buzzard off the trailer (I stole the battery out of it to put in another one since and didn't have one to put back in her) and pushed into the KFCTS. It didn't go completely smooth. Steph is not the best backer-upper. Fortunately Jacob and Dan lent a hand and we got the Buzzard put to bed. When I get the parts to fix her she will come out under he own power.

Then I put Jacob to work loading the tillers up on the little trailer and going down to Dan's with me to unload them and to get a barrel of scrap metal.

Jacob is really a good guy. I had fun I don't know if he did or not.

Once we got back to the house Jacob and I got to looking for a piece of ¾ inch diameter rod for him. I had everything but ¾.

He headed home and I jumped in Christine and headed off to Iron Station.

On the way up there was a major traffic SNAFU in Lincolnton. They are building a new gas station and putting in a turn lane about 50 feet past an intersection with a red light. They have the inbound lane blocked, but are not directing traffic for the light, only for the constriction. It was backed up a long way. Fortunately I knew some back roads.

I got the load of junk, including a big garage door that will become a lean-to for the Hemorrhoid to sleep in, and came home.

Steph and I got the little trailer off-loaded onto the big trailer and came in.

Salmon and potatoes for dinner.

I am tired.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1942 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 06:33 PM

Sounds like a busy day!

#1943 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 10:01 PM

Quite a change in the weather in the carolinas.  I don't know about you Willie, but in the Raleigh area we woke up at about 36 degrees, never got above 50, and already back down to 36,

Salmon and potatoes sound good, I like it when my wife fixes salmon cakes and fries.

#1944 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 10:55 PM

I always have fun at your place Willie. If someone didn't they'd have to be trying pretty hard not to.

3/4'' must just be a cursed length, you know how that tecumseh you showed me has a 1'' diameter shaft? Guess what size I need, yep 3/4'' that motor won't work.

I can't believe they're building another gas station in Lincolnton. You'd think the market would be saturated by now I mean we've only got one on every corner and in between. 

#1945 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 10:14 AM

I always have fun at your place Willie. If someone didn't they'd have to be trying pretty hard not to.

3/4'' must just be a cursed length, you know how that tecumseh you showed me has a 1'' diameter shaft? Guess what size I need, yep 3/4'' that motor won't work.

I can't believe they're building another gas station in Lincolnton. You'd think the market would be saturated by now I mean we've only got one on every corner and in between. 

3/4 inch . That is about how big around you are isn't it. LOL.  I didn't get anything in that last load that will work for you. I did get two working circular saws though.

The new station is where 27 splits off beside the discount grocery store. Avoid it at all costs right now.

• Craig. said thank you

#1946 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 01:31 PM

Tell Jacob I have some 3/4" round stock.  I'll give him a section if he drives to my place to pick it up!  :smilewink:

• HDWildBill and UncleWillie have said thanks

#1947 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 07:32 PM

Finally got some stuff ready to sell.

This morning Heath woke me up. I changed his diaper and …

goliath.jpeg

He had a bowl of cereal. I had a glass of milk.

After looking for some parts online I got a call from a guy who wanted to come look at the hood for the Wheel Horse. I got Heath and I dressed and ready to go outside about the time he pulled up.

It turned out that the hood was in worse shape than he or I remembered from when he came and got the carb. Oh well.

I managed to get Heath back in the house before he found too much mud.

We had some scrambled eggs for lunch . Then at 1 Heath wend down for a nap.

I went outside and got started working on the two MTDs. I had finally found all the parts I needed and got them together and got videos of them.

Just as I was finishing up Steph got home. She picked up tools while I came in to start uploading the videos.

Graham and Jenni came over for dinner. We had tacos.

Now I need the phone to start ringing.

• olcowhand, Craig., IamSherwood and 1 other said thanks

#1948 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 08:37 PM

Well the phone rang plenty.

First things first.

med.jpeg

Then I answered phone calls. One guy wanted the Troy-bilt but had not way to transport it. I told him if he came up and looked at it and paid me I would deliver it. He did and I did.

then I did nothing but watch the weather get worse. I had some stuff to do but didn't feel like it.

A guy called and wanted to come buy the Huskee and I gave him the address. He called back and said he had no idea where that was so I gave him directions to the Walmart in Cherryville. It started to rain heavily. He called and I went to get him.

He bought the tractor. We loaded it in his truck and he handed me the money.

It is still pouring rain. Now I am looking for other LTs to fix and sell.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#1949 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 07:55 PM

Rainy day people...;

After going to sleep somewhere around 430am I became conscious at around 10 I got out of bed at 1130 with a massive brain ache. ..

too-strong-coffee-people-too-weak.png

Then I sat at my desk and tried to be functional. At around 1230 I got a call from a guy who needed money. He had a washer and drier set he wanted to sell me so I staggered outside into the rain and climbed in Christine and headed off.

The set is one of those computerized nightmare deals. A buddy of mine just got one and said it doens't clean his clothes as well as the old one did. So I took pictures of them when I got home and listed them for sale.

I have had a lot of calls on them but no one has brought me any cash yet.

After that I did nothing but drink coffee and play with Heath.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#1950 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 05:59 AM